People Really Think This Game Is Survivor Sided?

Optimal killer versus optimal swf the winner is not always survivor. The outcome of a match is determined entirely based on killer and map at that point. Sure most killers are weak and most maps are strong for survivors but that doesn't mean the game is survivor sided. This mindset is unfounded and outdated. I don't think killer will ever be stronger tbh. 2 escapes for survivors is not a win despite how bad the pipping system is.

Comments

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008950#Comment_1008950

    Yes I'm sure people play killer perfectly regularly. I'll check it out thanks again for helping.

    You're welcome.

  • A killer can't get kills or a win if survivors don't do mistakes. Case closed.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007301#Comment_1007301

    I have yet to see an optimal swf beat 100 optimal killers in a row. Link and I'll follow the herd.

    Look into Marth88's depip squad experiment. 4 perkless SWF survivors depipped almost 70 killers in a row, and over 90 of the hundred games they played, at high ranks exclusively. IIRC, the first killer that actually pipped against them was a god-tier Huntress player with top-tier add-ons, and that was killer 60-something.

  • @shootaman777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007304#Comment_1007304

    Look into Marth88's depip squad experiment. 4 perkless SWF survivors depipped almost 70 killers in a row, and over 90 of the hundred games they played, at high ranks exclusively. IIRC, the first killer that actually pipped against them was a god-tier Huntress player with top-tier add-ons, and that was killer 60-something.

    Oh yeah pipping system bad. I guess the game is survivor sided in that aspect. Thanks

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008903#Comment_1008903

    Almost all killers make silly mistakes, I myself as killer can't help but make a mistake each trial. Be it forgetting to look for bbq auras, or not following scratch marks correctly, or pathing a chase wrong. Playing perfectly takes mastery.

    You miss the point entirely but ok

  • Ok would you like to explain your point to me?

  • Player error isn't what I refer to as that's normal in any game..however..certain aspects outside the game are so common compared to other games it results in some very flawed data..with the sheer number of number boosting factors..the real stats would be mortifying

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009073#Comment_1009073

    Player error isn't what I refer to as that's normal in any game..however..certain aspects outside the game are so common compared to other games it results in some very flawed data..with the sheer number of number boosting factors..the real stats would be mortifying

    The stats couldn't be inflated by more than 10%. Even that assumes 1/6 games go from a 4e to a 4k because of survivor's choices. And this isn't possible since dcs aren't included and probably over 50% of these scenarios are caused by dcs. So you would have to assume over 33% of games are completely forfeited by survivors and that is the lowest possible estimate. It doesn't add up to me, how does it for you?


  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009058#Comment_1009058

    Oh yeah pipping system bad. I guess the game is survivor sided in that aspect. Thanks

    They depipped those killers... by the old standard, which was kills = pips. As in, a 1-kill match for 85%+ of those killers that barely lasted for two chases. They were playing optimally like the situation I mentioned in the Hex: Ruin thread.

    If survivors play optimally (genrush separate gens the instant the trial begins, with 1 person wasting the killer's time in a chase), the game is 100% survivor-sided. Killers only have a chance in a match if the survivors hand it to them on a silver platter, by playing suboptimally.

    I'm of the opinion that the game should be balanced around optimal playstyles/how the best players play, since the limit of what they can do essentially represents what everyone else can or can't do, at their peak. As the most optimal killers against the most optimal survivors results in a near-guaranteed victory for said survivors, I would call the game survivor-sided. Win/loss rates nonwithstanding, balance is when the potential of both sides balance out to give each side a chance at victory. When the potential of one side so thoroughly invalidates any effort/skill of the other, anyone would be hard-pressed to call it a 'balanced' or 'fair' situation.

  • @shootaman777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009066#Comment_1009066

    They depipped those killers... by the old standard, which was kills = pips. As in, a 1-kill match for 85%+ of those killers that barely lasted for two chases. They were playing optimally like the situation I mentioned in the Hex: Ruin thread.

    If survivors play optimally (genrush separate gens the instant the trial begins, with 1 person wasting the killer's time in a chase), the game is 100% survivor-sided. Killers only have a chance in a match if the survivors hand it to them on a silver platter, by playing suboptimally.

    I'm of the opinion that the game should be balanced around optimal playstyles/how the best players play, since the limit of what they can do essentially represents what everyone else can or can't do, at their peak. As the most optimal killers against the most optimal survivors results in a near-guaranteed victory for said survivors, I would call the game survivor-sided. Win/loss rates nonwithstanding, balance is when the potential of both sides balance out to give each side a chance at victory. When the potential of one side so thoroughly invalidates any effort/skill of the other, anyone would be hard-pressed to call it a 'balanced' or 'fair' situation.

    You can't tell if a killer is playing optimally from the survivors' screens.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009087#Comment_1009087

    The stats couldn't be inflated by more than 10%. Even that assumes 1/6 games go from a 4e to a 4k because of survivor's choices. And this isn't possible since dcs aren't included and probably over 50% of these scenarios are caused by dcs. So you would have to assume over 33% of games are completely forfeited by survivors and that is the lowest possible estimate. It doesn't add up to me, how does it for you?

    Because dcs, hook suicides, a poor ranking system..all feed off each other..1 DC or hook suicide can trash the entire match alone..therefore one bad number becomes four..noed and ruin boosted the stats also because they can single handedly turn games as they are the only 2 viable hexes..all 4 escaping or 1 dying can turn to a 3k with over altruism..now the inflation starts getting massive...combo that with how often I win as a solo survivor and it all starts to come together..in two years that's my conclusion..now ruin alone will be removed from the inflation..we will see just how bad it gets with that by itself

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009098#Comment_1009098

    Because dcs, hook suicides, a poor ranking system..all feed off each other..1 DC or hook suicide can trash the entire match alone..therefore one bad number becomes four..noed and ruin boosted the stats also because they can single handedly turn games as they are the only 2 viable hexes..all 4 escaping or 1 dying can turn to a 3k with over altruism..now the inflation starts getting massive...combo that with how often I win as a solo survivor and it all starts to come together..in two years that's my conclusion..now ruin alone will be removed from the inflation..we will see just how bad it gets with that by itself

    That's still not enough for over 33%. I can't wait for the reaction when killers still come out on top after Ruin changes.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009128#Comment_1009128

    That's still not enough for over 33%. I can't wait for the reaction when killers still come out on top after Ruin changes.

    Killers were never on top..and it could very well count for that..you have no evidence to support otherwise..that's my point..people have run the numbers..the path to objective completion is way shorter for survivors than for killers..and killers do not have the capabilities to do what needs to be done with the exception of atm 3...1 of which can still be run around effortlessly

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009102#Comment_1009102

    You can't tell if a killer is playing optimally from the survivors' screens.

    The depip squad consisted of killer mains, who were constantly evaluating the killer throughout the matches. They knew which ones were/weren't playing optimally, from their own experience. Watch a couple of matches of the depip squad if you want to see this. Their commentary throughout the match was fairly interesting to hear.

  • If your argument to those defending their stance is "link already" then understand you too must provide equal evidence of your own.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007317#Comment_1007317

    If your argument to those defending their stance is "link already" then understand you too must provide equal evidence of your own.

    Of course

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009128#Comment_1009128

    That's still not enough for over 33%. I can't wait for the reaction when killers still come out on top after Ruin changes.

    You do realize that many survivors are just boosted and red ranks dont mean skilled? The ranking system is flawed badly, this is the reason why people do not like to play solo.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009133#Comment_1009133

    You do realize that many survivors are just boosted and red ranks dont mean skilled? The ranking system is flawed badly, this is the reason why people do not like to play solo.

    Yes I realize this. What do you mean to relate this fact to?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009190#Comment_1009190

    Yes I realize this. What do you mean to relate this fact to?

    Killers coming out on top ofc.

    The balance discussion is so difficult because ranking is flawed. People are ranked higher than they belong and so on.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009195#Comment_1009195

    Killers coming out on top ofc.

    The balance discussion is so difficult because ranking is flawed. People are ranked higher than they belong and so on.

    It's like the devs are TRYING to stop their game from being balanced.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009202#Comment_1009202

    It's like the devs are TRYING to stop their game from being balanced.

    No i just think it is quite shortsighted, i think it is a big problem that ranking is flawed. Do you know another game where everybody thinks they are at the top of skill because lots of people are in red ranks?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007436#Comment_1007436

    They didn't fudge their previous stats that showed the game was broken. Nice try my guy. This is raw data, as flawed as it may be you have to at least shake a stick at it.

    The developers themselves said the data was flawed and to not draw conclusions from it. Maybe check to make sure you're right before you pretend like you have any intelligent information on the topic.

  • @newavitar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008892#Comment_1008892

    The developers themselves said the data was flawed and to not draw conclusions from it. Maybe check to make sure you're right before you pretend like you have any intelligent information on the topic.

    Of course the data isn't perfect.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008112#Comment_1008112

    The 4 second healing time increase was something, but we also had multiple anti-heal perks nerfed slightly at the same time and the medkit buff I mentioned. I would also argue the Marth death squads in the game don't even heal in the first place because of how fast they can do gens and how safe the loops are. They have more than enough to get the 5 gens done, so against the good groups this isn't coming into play as much.

    Some of these changes you're referring to I believe were further back than a year. We were just going to when Marths challenges took place. I could be mistaken though.

    For pallets I'm referring to when the survivors had to do an entire swing over animation that was quite slow and then it was buffed to be much faster. This change I believe was after Marths videos. The initial teleporting from one side to the other I believe was much, much longer ago.

    DS is "more" manageable than before but to me that isn't saying much. Yeah it's less broken, but it's still broken and single handedly dictates the matches even when all the survivors aren't running it just because of the possibility.

    I guess I disagree on a lot of the newer maps that you think are more balanced now.

    I forgot to reply to you for some reason, but here's a video that shows how unbalanced a map like Bloodlodge was two months before they made the experiment. Obviously that map is still unbalanced, but this is just another level of BS.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39cgI6PyxA

    I also checked and pallet vacuum was still a thing during those experiments, which was definitely terrible for killers.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008365#Comment_1008365

    I forgot to reply to you for some reason, but here's a video that shows how unbalanced a map like Bloodlodge was two months before they made the experiment. Obviously that map is still unbalanced, but this is just another level of BS.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39cgI6PyxA

    I also checked and pallet vacuum was still a thing during those experiments, which was definitely terrible for killers.

    I wouldn't argue it's worse now than it was then, but simply that it isn't significantly enough different to where the depip squad videos are irrelevant yet. That's all I'm saying.

    They wouldn't have any trouble redoing the exact same thing in other words.

  • @Bigyo369 said:

    People really can't see it is survivior sided? Killer capitalizes on survivors mistakes, if a survivor is optimal then he can loop as long as possible without making mistakes, and the other 3 just doing gens, while hitting the great skillchecks. No optimal killer can be at 4 places at the same time.

    Simple, you dont chase that survivor. You put pressure on gens.

  • @King_Steve_Forever33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007318#Comment_1007318

    Simple, you dont chase that survivor. You put pressure on gens.

    By doing that you allow the survivor you chased to do gens, and if there is 3 more survivor like that, or even just one, then the gens are flying...

1 2 3 4 ›