Can we get some "tags" for the forum?
Like, depending on how long you've been here, like:
- Newstarter
- Amateur
- Noticeable
- Veteran
They can obviously be different, but I'd like to know who's new or veteran in the forums in some way. Other forums have this and you can actually earn tags by getting upvotes, participation in your threads, etc.
I know there are some right now like "trusted", but I don't know how to get one so...
Comments
I generally just judge that sort of thing by the post count, but I guess having tags like that couldn't hurt. It depends on the limitations of the tagging system - for example, you don't want to have too many tags if there's no way to stop them being automatically applied to every thread a tagged person comments on, because otherwise all the threads will have a billion tags attached to them and the main page could get pretty messy-looking.
As for how to acquire one of the existing tags, in order to be Trusted you just need to be a standout member on the forums. Some qualities they look for are positivity, activity, helpfulness, and an ability to disagree civilly without insulting or putting anyone down. You can find more information about the program and how to be a part of it here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/89809/pilot-the-trusted-members#latest
There is something similar to that in the badges. You'll get a badge each year you've been on the forums. Here's mine, for example:
Though we try not to use too many tags, just to keep things neat and tidy. Actual tags show up on the posts themselves, and when you start to get a bunch of them, it gets cluttered.
@Peanits I'd like to be a Trusted member, what can I do? Just keep on my regular activity in forums? Or do I have to apply? I think I comply with what the post @Fibijean quoted says, but maybe that's just my perception
The Trusted members are chosen by the community team, which I believe includes moderators and Community Managers like Peanits. You can't apply for it, they decide themselves if they want to offer it to you. So just keep up your regular activity, being kind and helpful on the forums, and eventually you may get noticed and invited to join the program ๐ That's pretty much all I did (I'm currently the newest of the Trusted members, having joined the program last November).
Thanks man! Will do!
I'm first, fight me! >:v
Just kidding, @Elk was the first to get FUoTM.
However, there wasn't a Trusted Member program at the time he got FUotM. The program started somewhere around after I got my FUotM. ๐
I think me, @Elk, and @GrootDude was the first to become Trusted while @Elk was first to get FUotM!
Weren't Boss and twistedmonkey also OG members of the program?
Boss became trusted when I did.
Does this mean a new trusted member get's added every month?
Dear god! Eventually they'll outnumber us
Oh yeah, sorry @Boss!
It's fine, it's understandable since y'all interact with eachother way more than i do.
No, we have two programmes. One is the Forum User of the Month and the other is the Trusted programme - whilst a lot of our FUotM's are Trusted, not all of them are or will be.
I love where this post got to, it's nice to know this kind of things!
Big rip for me. I am way too confrontational. Gonna have to curb that and I've probably not been around long enough.
I've already been beaten to it by pretty much everyone, but basically yes, be a good egg, help people out. You'll notice a ton of red here, for example: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/ask-a-question
We keep an eye out for people who have constructive discussions and add new people on a regular basis.
Of course, if you keep being a great influence on the forums and participate in discussions in a civilized manner, I can almost guarantee you will eventually get selected as FUotM.
However, Trusted Members are selected more carefully and you must he FUotM to become Trusted, as mentioned by @MandyTalk. ๐
๐
You're it