Recognize the double standard. It's getting annoying

With Ruin being changed, I'm seeing a lot of stuff about "genrushing" and this often brings the argument that it's "efficiently completing the objective" with some people outright claiming it "doesn't exist"

Recognize your double standards please. Both sides, stop with this biased #########. It's getting annoying.

Genrushing is to killers as tunneling is to survivors.

What makes tunneling toxic and annoying? You are removing a player from the game extremely quickly. This usually results in a low amount of points, an unfun game, and a potential depip. This is annoying and unfun, as anyone will attest. No one intelligent will try to claim otherwise.

What is genrushing?

Genrushing is the act of completing generators extremely quickly, thus ending the game as fast as possible.

Did you catch that?

"Ending the game as fast as possible"

Does that sound familiar?

Genrushing is toxic and annoying because you are removing a player from the game extremely quickly. This usually results in a low amount of points, an unfun game, and a definite depip. This is annoying and unfun, as anyone will attest. No one intelligent will try to claim otherwise.

Now comes the argument "we're just doing our objective. That's not toxic. You're just salty"

Isn't that what tunneling is?

Genrushing apparently "doesn't exist" because the survivors are just doing their objective. You're right, their objective is to complete the generators and get out.

The killer's objective? Kill the survivors. Simple.

So by eliminating someone quickly, they have essentially done their job as efficiently as possible with no regard to the fun of the other player

Guys. Recognize the double standard. Play both sides, not only will it help you're gameplay, but you'll start to learn why one side talks the way it does. No one on this forum, on YouTube or Twitch, or anywhere else is the centre of this game and deserves to be treated like a king. No one.

Recognize the double standard. It's getting annoying.

Comments

  • It's true.

    I'm waiting for the "you don't have to tunnel, just get better"-comments, though. And "by tunneling you ruin the survivors' experience, doing gens doesn't hurt anybody". And "just apply pressure".

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    It's true.

    I'm waiting for the "you don't have to tunnel, just get better"-comments, though. And "by tunneling you ruin the survivors' experience, doing gens doesn't hurt anybody". And "just apply pressure".

    Not that you are arguing them, hopefully an early response will deter comments like these.

    "You don't have to tunnel, just git gud"

    This is not about skill level. This is about literally not having enough time to walk and chase survivors before all generators are done when facing optimal teams.

    "Tunneling ruins the experience of the survivors"

    So does gen rushing for the killer, for the exact same reason. Play both sides to understand why.

    "Just apply pressure"

    Thats simply not an option for some killers, period. Clown, Huntress, Demo (to an extent), Myers, Hag (in the early game), Doctor, Bubba, Pig (in the early and late game), and plague. You are just too slow to actively patrol generators, hence why Ruin was a necessity. Without the ability to push survivors off generators, new ruin is literally useless, and they're stuck with nothing to slow down generators early, when they need it the most. Prepare to only see Billy, Nurse, Spirit, and Freddy. Only people that can apply any kind of pressure to the generators at all.


    Again, not that you made the arguments. I'm just voicing the opinions early.

  • Totally agree. Both are the same. But I can understand the tunneling if gens are getting repaired left and right.

    I don't want to tunnel myself, because I hate it, but I will do it if necessary. Same for gens. I like to do totems and sometimes I chill at the beginning a bit by opening a nearby chest or do a totem on my way to a Gen. I also want to do gens strategically, so I do not 3gen myself.

  • You're talking to a wall kid, they dont understand logic around these parts

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1002974#Comment_1002974

    Should have seen the DBD Discord when the ruin nerf was announced. Oh dear.

    I very rarely lurk there. I assume I didn't miss anything.

  • So true when u see all survivors with toolboxes and they choose either farm or auto haven u kno u gonna have a bad time.

  • Gen rushing and tunneling are both over used terms in the community, and somewhat of a joke. In most cases, people who cry “gen rushing!” are bad, didn’t face toolboxes with add ons and just failed to apply pressure, then blame the game for their inability to do well.

  • I get called a tunneler alot usually cause the dude taking the hit speed boosts past the one he just got off the hook so I go for closest 1st. Or cause I go back to the hook just before stage 2 or completely dead as these are usually when the survivors pull from a hook.

  • Ehhhhmmm disagree. On one point. Tunneling is not a depip and low points, that's camping. Tunneling is, as you said, getting someone out of the game quickly. That's not done by waiting at the hook for the unhook and insta down or securing the "death within 2 minutes". Tunneling is ignoring free hits / body blocks to get to the injured one down and out of the game.

    Tunneling is not when you simply down someone and hook him the second time. Many people call it tunneling if you don't let someone go just because he was already hooked within the last 2 minutes, or when you have not already hooked everybody at least once. Even if that person survives until the end, you get called tunneler for that (sometimes).

    But regarding the double standard, I totally agree.

    Gen rushing is some difficult term. Tunneling, regarding your "objective" to kill people, tunneling can be more precisely defined because you are still progressing towards your goal when chasing the person that did the unhook. When you always go for the person that got hooked more often, it's pretty easy to call it tunneling. Calling it gen rush because someone is working on a gen injured is a bit more difficult to agree. Normally the speed at which gens pop, when at a too high rate, you start calling it gen rush. But when exactly? A gen every 60 seconds? Every 65?

    I like to talk about gen rushing when the whole team or at least 3 survivors build up for that, like with Better Together + Prove Thyself, like two or three people bringing BNP and Commodius or Engineer toolboxes etc. Otherwise it quickly seems like whining when talking about gen rushing.

  • According to this forum it is actually pretty ridiculous how many people play one side only trying to give "tips" like "gut gud" to the other side. Anyone should try the other side for a few hours before talking crap...

  • @Deadeye said:

    Ehhhhmmm disagree. On one point. Tunneling is not a depip and low points, that's camping. Tunneling is, as you said, getting someone out of the game quickly. That's not done by waiting at the hook for the unhook and insta down or securing the "death within 2 minutes". Tunneling is ignoring free hits / body blocks to get to the injured one down and out of the game.

    Tunneling is not when you simply down someone and hook him the second time. Many people call it tunneling if you don't let someone go just because he was already hooked within the last 2 minutes, or when you have not already hooked everybody at least once. Even if that person survives until the end, you get called tunneler for that (sometimes).

    But regarding the double standard, I totally agree.

    Gen rushing is some difficult term. Tunneling, regarding your "objective" to kill people, tunneling can be more precisely defined because you are still progressing towards your goal when chasing the person that did the unhook. When you always go for the person that got hooked more often, it's pretty easy to call it tunneling. Calling it gen rush because someone is working on a gen injured is a bit more difficult to agree. Normally the speed at which gens pop, when at a too high rate, you start calling it gen rush. But when exactly? A gen every 60 seconds? Every 65?

    I like to talk about gen rushing when the whole team or at least 3 survivors build up for that, like with Better Together + Prove Thyself, like two or three people bringing BNP and Commodius or Engineer toolboxes etc. Otherwise it quickly seems like whining when talking about gen rushing.

    Your suppose to ignore body blocks that's why it's a reportable offence.

  • @TruEternity said:

    Gen rushing and tunneling are both over used terms in the community, and somewhat of a joke. In most cases, people who cry “gen rushing!” are bad, didn’t face toolboxes with add ons and just failed to apply pressure, then blame the game for their inability to do well.

    And the same goes for the other thing. If you get called "tunneler" but you actually hooked two different survivors in between or "camper" when there are survivors around the hook... It's so stupid lol

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003425#Comment_1003425

    Your suppose to ignore body blocks that's why it's a reportable offence.

    What? Pretty sure it isn't

  • @Deadeye said:

    Ehhhhmmm disagree. On one point. Tunneling is not a depip and low points, that's camping. Tunneling is, as you said, getting someone out of the game quickly. That's not done by waiting at the hook for the unhook and insta down or securing the "death within 2 minutes". Tunneling is ignoring free hits / body blocks to get to the injured one down and out of the game.

    Tunneling is not when you simply down someone and hook him the second time. Many people call it tunneling if you don't let someone go just because he was already hooked within the last 2 minutes, or when you have not already hooked everybody at least once. Even if that person survives until the end, you get called tunneler for that (sometimes).

    But regarding the double standard, I totally agree.

    Gen rushing is some difficult term. Tunneling, regarding your "objective" to kill people, tunneling can be more precisely defined because you are still progressing towards your goal when chasing the person that did the unhook. When you always go for the person that got hooked more often, it's pretty easy to call it tunneling. Calling it gen rush because someone is working on a gen injured is a bit more difficult to agree. Normally the speed at which gens pop, when at a too high rate, you start calling it gen rush. But when exactly? A gen every 60 seconds? Every 65?

    I like to talk about gen rushing when the whole team or at least 3 survivors build up for that, like with Better Together + Prove Thyself, like two or three people bringing BNP and Commodius or Engineer toolboxes etc. Otherwise it quickly seems like whining when talking about gen rushing.

    Doing gens after running by a dull totem = going for unhooked person ignoring free hits

  • Cause u haven't read everything sometimes I wonder if we even play the same game twice in 2 days some know it all trys to say I'm wrong

    IMG_20200116_200825.jpg


  • Survivors have ways to counter tunneling just like killers have ways to counter genrushing. If survivors or a killer refuses to give me a good match, I probably won't have much fun, but I can still win. I agree with OP.

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003466#Comment_1003466

    Cause u haven't read everything sometimes I wonder if we even play the same game twice in 2 days some know it all trys to say I'm wrong

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/286/5Z58NKDABSFO.jpg

    Yeah, lol...

    This body blocking is targeting killers that trap you in a corner without the survivor being able to react on that. Not "Taking the hit for someone". There are actually achievements and perks requesting that...

  • The comment I made was body blocking is against the rules u said u were sure it wasn't u are wrong.

    @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003475#Comment_1003475

    Yeah, lol...

    This body blocking is targeting killers that trap you in a corner without the survivor being able to react on that. Not "Taking the hit for someone". There are actually achievements and perks requesting that...


  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    The comment I made was body blocking is against the rules u said u were sure it wasn't u are wrong.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003484#Comment_1003484

    I'm expecting you refer to my body blocking statement as you quoted me. And I was referring to "taking the hits" and that is not reportable

  • No I quoted u saying "what? Pretty sure it isn't" u quoted me saying ignore bodyblocks cause it's a reportable of fence.

    @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003488#Comment_1003488

    I'm expecting you refer to my body blocking statement as you quoted me. And I was referring to "taking the hits" and that is not reportable


  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    No I quoted u saying "what? Pretty sure it isn't" u quoted me saying ignore bodyblocks cause it's a reportable of fence.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003494#Comment_1003494

    Are you trolling me? Your first quote was on my long post with answer "Your suppose to ignore body blocks that's why it's a reportable offence". And in that post I talked about taking hits. The body blocks you talk about are not even ignorable, which is why they are reportable

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003497#Comment_1003497

    Are you trolling me? Your first quote was on my long post with answer "Your suppose to ignore body blocks that's why it's a reportable offence". And in that post I talked about taking hits. The body blocks you talk about are not even ignorable, which is why they are reportable

    No bodyblocking in general is reportable of fence whether it be camping a hook as I'm tryna hook wedging me to a pallet or blocking survivors in general show me ur facts where it says body blocking is acceptable.

  • We could go so far as to say that even touching a generator with any progress on it is “tunneling a gen”. Better to walk around a find a new one with zero progress.

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003501#Comment_1003501

    No bodyblocking in general is reportable of fence whether it be camping a hook as I'm tryna hook wedging me to a pallet or blocking survivors in general show me ur facts where it says body blocking is acceptable.

    Show me your facts. That screenshot refers to "taking hostage" body blocks which can't be ignored. So why does every streamer body block, to deny hooks, take hits to protect others, and has not been banned for it?

    I already gave a proof: There are achievements that request body blocking of the kind I am talking about, which is "Bodyguard" and "Take one for the team" for example.

  • @yobuddd said:

    We could go so far as to say that even touching a generator with any progress on it is “tunneling a gen”. Better to walk around a find a new one with zero progress.

    Or just avoid gens all together. Probably best to find the closest hook and wait there for the killer.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003507#Comment_1003507

    Show me your facts. That screenshot refers to "taking hostage" body blocks which can't be ignored. Why every streamer body blocks, to deny hooks, take hits to protect others and has not been banned for it.

    I already gave a proof: There are achievements that request body blocking of the kind I am talking about, which is "Bodyguard" and "Take one for the team" for example.

    READ clearly says examples taking game hostage, body blocking do u not see the "," taking game hostage is 1st example and body blocking is a 2nd exactly u have no facts please stop its obvious u wrong here and you got no facts.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1002974#Comment_1002974

    Should have seen the DBD Discord when the ruin nerf was announced. Oh dear.

    I wish I was online in game discussions now at that time

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003515#Comment_1003515

    READ clearly says examples taking game hostage, body blocking do u not see the "," taking game hostage is 1st example and body blocking is a 2nd exactly u have no facts please stop its obvious u wrong here and you got no facts.

    Ok, go on ignoring everything else I say. I'm out of this discussion. Go troll someone else

  • Just as many survivor cry about tunneling/camping when there was none, the same happens with gen rushing. I see a lot of killers complain about it even if there wasn't. I think a lot of people mistake the feeling (about being tunneled or rushed) for what actually happens.

    In other words, it's true that gen rushing exists but it's rare, and people use that term indiscriminately.

  • for anyone that doubts gen rushing being a thing, a single well built toolbox can increase repair speed by 35% thats then not including prove thyself, resilience etc. for even more detail for those less experienced a solo gen takes roughly 80 seconds by default, with a toolbox that increases repair by 30% drops that solo gen to 57 seconds, imagine that x4, imagine that with prove thyself.. it exists, sure some people over use it but when you understand loops etc. and can actually do them right it will take the killer alot of time to get you, then mixed with the fact it takes 2 hits and its 12 hooks to get a 4k... its just math really..

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003527#Comment_1003527

    Ok, go on ignoring everything else I say. I'm out of this discussion. Go troll someone else

    Why would I listen to someone with no facts and is trying to tell me I'm wrong when it clearly says it on screen?? Next ull tell me sky is green cause it was in a streamer video 😂😂😂

  • @newavitar it isn't the survivors fault that the game is helariously unbalanced at high rank play, Gen times need to be seriously looked at I've had game WITH old ruin that the gens were done in >5 min and that just shouldnt be possible. Also what do you expect the survivors to do follow you around? There aren't that many things to do as survivor if you aren't doing gens. Ig you could search chests or do totems but it really isn't worth it just for a trash item or a measly 1000 points in a category you will fill anyway unless you an immersed claudette.

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003529#Comment_1003529

    Why would I listen to someone with no facts and is trying to tell me I'm wrong when it clearly says it on screen?? Next ull tell me sky is green cause it was in a streamer video 😂😂😂

    You are ridiculous and absolutely not funny. I gave facts with the achievements which exactly describe your descriptions of "reportable body blocks". Which you ignored twice now. So no need to take you serious in any way.

    And by the way, you should READ more cleary yourself. I wrote " 'taking hostage' body blocks" and your screenshot says "taking GAME hostage". Body blocks not necessarily take the game hostage and taking the game hostage is not only been done by body blocking. "taking-hostage body blocks" is simply trapping a survivor in a corner or dead end.

  • Gen rush doesnt exist. Its a killer made illusion to justify their cheap gameplay.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003527#Comment_1003527

    Ok, go on ignoring everything else I say. I'm out of this discussion. Go troll someone else

    My goodness, I was going to respond to him but it’s obvious he’s just too dense. Best to just pretend his posts don’t exist.

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003529#Comment_1003529

    Why would I listen to someone with no facts and is trying to tell me I'm wrong when it clearly says it on screen?? Next ull tell me sky is green cause it was in a streamer video 😂😂😂

    Except that they're the one making valid points and you're the one acting like a self-entitled 5 year old

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003527#Comment_1003527

    Ok, go on ignoring everything else I say. I'm out of this discussion. Go troll someone else

    You even get points and perks that activate when you take a hit for someone

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003529#Comment_1003529

    Why would I listen to someone with no facts and is trying to tell me I'm wrong when it clearly says it on screen?? Next ull tell me sky is green cause it was in a streamer video 😂😂😂

    You must be new, the devs have stated a lot of times that "body blocking" means a killer that stands in the basement stairs blocking with their body the access. If the "body blocking" you mean were a offense. Why there are achievements about it? Wouldn't be a contradiction?

    https://www.trueachievements.com/a289113/bodyguard-achievement

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003539#Comment_1003539

    You are ridiculous and absolutely not funny. I gave facts with the achievements which exactly describe your descriptions of "reportable body blocks". Which you ignored twice now. So no need to take you serious in any way.

    And by the way, you should READ more cleary yourself. I wrote " 'taking hostage' body blocks" and your screenshot says "taking GAME hostage". Body blocks not necessarily take the game hostage and taking the game hostage is not only been done by body blocking. "taking-hostage body blocks" is simply trapping a survivor in a corner or dead end.

    Again man I swear u didn't goto school it says "report this player for intentionally using abilities or game mechanics to the detriment of the game. EXAMPLES: TAKING THE GAME HOSTAGE, (<<<A COMMA) BODY BLOCKING, WORKING WITH THE KILLER" there ain't nothing wrong with my reading ability champ u clearly need glasses

  • @Stitch7833 said:

    for anyone that doubts gen rushing being a thing, a single well built toolbox can increase repair speed by 35% thats then not including prove thyself, resilience etc. for even more detail for those less experienced a solo gen takes roughly 80 seconds by default, with a toolbox that increases repair by 30% drops that solo gen to 57 seconds, imagine that x4, imagine that with prove thyself.. it exists, sure some people over use it but when you understand loops etc. and can actually do them right it will take the killer alot of time to get you, then mixed with the fact it takes 2 hits and its 12 hooks to get a 4k... its just math really..

    well done me for providing stats, staying on topic and not arguing with everyone, woohoo!

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003544#Comment_1003544

    Again man I swear u didn't goto school it says "report this player for intentionally using abilities or game mechanics to the detriment of the game. EXAMPLES: TAKING THE GAME HOSTAGE, (<<<A COMMA) BODY BLOCKING, WORKING WITH THE KILLER" there ain't nothing wrong with my reading ability champ u clearly need glasses

    If body blocking was reportable, then why is there not only a bp reward for it, but a perk that literally requires you to do it to activate?

    Should be kinda obvious it doesn't mean a survivor taking a hit for an ally, as there's literally stuff rewarding that in-game.

  • @AlsendDrake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003571#Comment_1003571

    If body blocking was reportable, then why is there not only a bp reward for it, but a perk that literally requires you to do it to activate?

    Should be kinda obvious it doesn't mean a survivor taking a hit for an ally, as there's literally stuff rewarding that in-game.

    It's not a matter of "If" its in the report section why is that so hard to understand??? More to the point

    @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003539#Comment_1003539

    You must be new, the devs have stated a lot of times that "body blocking" means a killer that stands in the basement stairs blocking with their body the access. If the "body blocking" you mean were a offense. Why there are achievements about it? Wouldn't be a contradiction?

    https://www.trueachievements.com/a289113/bodyguard-achievement

    Ur point is invalid body blocking doesn't take the game hostage anyway as u just hit them and they downed its trolling so again where's your facts??

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003539#Comment_1003539

    You must be new, the devs have stated a lot of times that "body blocking" means a killer that stands in the basement stairs blocking with their body the access. If the "body blocking" you mean were a offense. Why there are achievements about it? Wouldn't be a contradiction?

    https://www.trueachievements.com/a289113/bodyguard-achievement

    What u said made no sense as I'm a killer and that report is for survivors 😂 tf u talking bout?

  • I don't think they are comparable at all.

    Genrushing happens because survivors have nothing else to do, tunneling happens when the killer decides to chase the same person instead of others. It's the killer's decision to do that.

  • Okay right listen. body blocking isnt bannable unless youre taking the game hostage, by taking the game hostage it means forcing a user to quit in order to play the game. the only real way this can happen is if a killer has killed 3 people and traps you within a corner, in doing so you cannot move, you cannot escape, you cant even die by endgame collapse. so yes it can be bannable but that is the only real reason, i have even had experience from this and was trapped by the same killer every time i was the last survivor, i even left my game running and 50mins later im still stuck in a corner when he could of easily killed and hooked me and so forcing me to quit. he was banned. personally just quit and move on though, you get what a 1min ban and its not gonna happen often and isnt worth the hassle or bother

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003578#Comment_1003578

    It's not a matter of "If" its in the report section why is that so hard to understand??? More to the point

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003568#Comment_1003568

    Ur point is invalid body blocking doesn't take the game hostage anyway as u just hit them and they downed its trolling so again where's your facts??

    Ok, I think your point isn't being stated very well, or you're just trolling, because as I understand it, you were the one who claimed that Body Blocking, as in survivors trying to take hits to protect allies, which is an intended mechanic, even with a perk that REQUIRES it, is reportable because it's on the list, when it's more referring to things like body blocking a player to trap them. It doesn't matter that it says body blocking there, survivors running interference for their allies is not reportable, it's intended.

  • @Stitch7833 said:

    Okay right listen. body blocking isnt bannable unless youre taking the game hostage, by taking the game hostage it means forcing a user to quit in order to play the game. the only real way this can happen is if a killer has killed 3 people and traps you within a corner, in doing so you cannot move, you cannot escape, you cant even die by endgame collapse. so yes it can be bannable but that is the only real reason, i have even had experience from this and was trapped by the same killer every time i was the last survivor, i even left my game running and 50mins later im still stuck in a corner when he could of easily killed and hooked me and so forcing me to quit. he was banned. personally just quit and move on though, you get what a 1min ban and its not gonna happen often and isnt worth the hassle or bother

    Yea again where's ur facts? look I don't care how many of you say I'm wrong it's written on screen as one of 3 examples of griefing just cause you all are "interpretating" what the devs mean that's on you until u have facts proving what your saying then I'll shut up n apologize till then it's written in game on screen under griefing and trolling as for the achievement that says take a hit while carrying someone this can be achieved without body blocking. Ty GG #ProveMeWrongWithFacts


  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003600#Comment_1003600

    Yea again where's ur facts? look I don't care how many of you say I'm wrong it's written on screen as one of 3 examples of griefing just cause you all are "interpretating" what the devs mean that's on you until u have facts proving what your saying then I'll shut up n apologize till then it's written in game on screen under griefing and trolling as for the achievement that says take a hit while carrying someone this can be achieved without body blocking. Ty GG #ProveMeWrongWithFacts

    Well i deleted my 40+mins of recording due to space consumption. like i said that is the only form of bannable body blocking, not only that its not worth the effort to do so, submitting a ticket, collecting all the proof they need is time consuming and not worth it. you can also view what actions are bannable through DBD, while most of them are the obvious there is a category all to do with working with the killer etc. which is a hard one to prove and get the ban for but it is still an issue they look into, obviously alot of people over use terms and over react to alot of things.

  • @Infckingcredible said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003382#Comment_1003382

    And the same goes for the other thing. If you get called "tunneler" but you actually hooked two different survivors in between or "camper" when there are survivors around the hook... It's so stupid lol

    Or the classic you camped a hook during the EGC, it's like really? I'm supposed to go stand in a corner or something? Also tunneling after 2 hooking everyone before your first kill.

  • @YaBoiFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003600#Comment_1003600

    Yea again where's ur facts? look I don't care how many of you say I'm wrong it's written on screen as one of 3 examples of griefing just cause you all are "interpretating" what the devs mean that's on you until u have facts proving what your saying then I'll shut up n apologize till then it's written in game on screen under griefing and trolling as for the achievement that says take a hit while carrying someone this can be achieved without body blocking. Ty GG #ProveMeWrongWithFacts

    Well either every single other player of DBD is wrong and you're right or you've slightly misunderstood what the Devs mean in their definition of "body blocking". They mean when a killer stops a survivor from moving by trapping them in a corner (thus making the game unenjoyable for that survivor) or when a survivor gets in another survivor's way intentionally so that they get downed (essentially helping the killer catch that survivor). Standing in the killer's way and taking hits to let your allies escape is NOT the intended meaning of body blocking in this instance.

‹ 1 2 3 4