P2(even be able to)W issue in DBD creeping in.

Killer:

Nemesis + PWYF = 2 DLCs

Ruin + Surveillance = 2 DLCs

Spirit Fury + Enduring = 1 DLC

Pop Goes the Weasel + Corrupt Intervention = 2 DLCs

Knock out + Infectious Fright = 2 DLCs

BBQ and Chilli = 1 DLC

Survivor:

Head On + Inner Strength = 2 DLCs

Decisive Strike = 1 DLC

For killer it’s like you need to have several DLCs for winnable combos.

For survivor it’s like you need a few DLCs to get some variety gameplay.

I just wanted to raise this issue because base game perks for killer don’t feel competitive at high ranks and I’m sure plenty of people agree on this... there’s just thanatophobia and sloppy butcher for a slowdown which is only good on a few killers.

Survivor’s not too bad for having some base gameplay but yeah variety is hard to come by still.

Now with Ruin out the picture which I bet many players would have got from the shrine I think the devs really need to consider buffing Ruin better and also buffing Huntress’s Lullaby.

I can guess this is unintended by the devs but it needs to be fixed.

Comments

  • This is addressed through Iridescent Shards and the Shrine of Secrets. You can get unliscenced killers and survivors with shards, and the Shrine can give you perks from liscenced characters.

  • @AAAAA said:

    This is addressed through Iridescent Shards and the Shrine of Secrets. You can get unliscenced killers and survivors with shards, and the Shrine can give you perks from liscenced characters.

    And have you calculated how many games it’d take and how much luck is needed? If there’s not even 1 solid/clear slow-down within the base perks this is a problem. You can’t just hope 2 perks that generally need combo’ing will come in the shrine anytime soon. The shrine was more relevant when there was far fewer perks.

    Edit: it’s simply really bad that someone could buy the game tomorrow playing killer and not have access to make game-slowdown perks that are mostly just available through DLC... telling them they need to buy all the DLCs wouldn’t be fair.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    Killer:

    Nemesis + PWYF = 2 DLCs

    Ruin + Surveillance = 2 DLCs

    Spirit Fury + Enduring = 1 DLC

    Pop Goes the Weasel + Corrupt Intervention = 2 DLCs

    Knock out + Infectious Fright = 2 DLCs

    BBQ and Chilli = 1 DLC

    Survivor:

    Head On + Inner Strength = 2 DLCs

    Decisive Strike = 1 DLC

    For killer it’s like you need to have several DLCs for winnable combos.

    For survivor it’s like you need a few DLCs to get some variety gameplay.

    I just wanted to raise this issue because base game perks for killer don’t feel competitive at high ranks and I’m sure plenty of people agree on this... there’s just thanatophobia and sloppy butcher for a slowdown which is only good on a few killers.

    Survivor’s not too bad for having some base gameplay but yeah variety is hard to come by still.

    Now with Ruin out the picture which I bet many players would have got from the shrine I think the devs really need to consider buffing Ruin better and also buffing Huntress’s Lullaby.

    I can guess this is unintended by the devs but it needs to be fixed.

    Nemesis, ruin, spirit fury,pop, corrupt,knock out, infectious are all ftp. You can grind out the shards and buy the killers. Not to mention the shrine is also a decent way of getting licenced perks.

    My point is that the game is not ptp because these systems exist.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981484#Comment_981484

    And have you calculated how many games it’d take and how much luck is needed? If there’s not even 1 solid/clear slow-down within the base perks this is a problem. You can’t just hope 2 perks that generally need combo’ing will come in the shrine anytime soon. The shrine was more relevant when there was far fewer perks.

    That's true, but especially concerning liscenced characters, there's only so much the devs can do. And I think there are much bigger problems rn.

  • @yandere777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119020/p2-even-be-able-to-w-issue-in-dbd-creeping-in

    Nemesis, ruin, spirit fury,pop, corrupt,knock out, infectious are all ftp. You can grind out the shards and buy the killers. Not to mention the shrine is also a decent way of getting licenced perks.

    My point is that the game is not ptp because these systems exist.

    Have you ever actually waited for a perk in the shrine of secrets? Back when freddy was bad I waited a year I think for vigil to show up... if it even had... I basically gave up - well they nerfed exhaustion before it even showed up.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981503#Comment_981503

    Have you ever actually waited for a perk in the shrine of secrets? Back when freddy was bad I waited a year I think for vigil to show up... if it even had... I basically gave up.

    Does that make the game ptw though? Waiting for vigil of all perks lol. I personally can't think of much meta killer perks that are locked behind a licence. The closest is maybe bbq but it's not even that good. Only consistent use is bbq. I guess myers has stbfl but most meta killer perks can easily be grinded for.

    Even on the survivor side its less ptw because you bot perks like bt, unbreakable, adrenaline, iron will and a couple good exhaustion perks.

    Sure the licence perks are cool and all but they are not that meta to call ptw

  • And yeah I did mention thanatophobia + sloppy but you basically need to play like nurse from the free killers... asking a new player to learn nurse + all the strategies to make the perks work... which I don’t think work without even knockout is just yeah... abit much.

  • @yandere777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981507#Comment_981507

    Does that make the game ptw though? Waiting for vigil of all perks lol. I personally can't think of much meta killer perks that are locked behind a licence. The closest is maybe bbq but it's not even that good. Only consistent use is bbq. I guess myers has stbfl but most meta killer perks can easily be grinded for.

    Even on the survivor side its less ptw because you bot perks like bt, unbreakable, adrenaline, iron will and a couple good exhaustion perks.

    Sure the licence perks are cool and all but they are not that meta to call ptw

    There’s a difference between P2W and P2EW :P and if you read my post... said it’s unintended but it seems like the end result... closer to that.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    And yeah I did mention thanatophobia + sloppy but you basically need to play like nurse from the free killers... asking a new player to learn nurse + all the strategies to make the perks work... which I don’t think work without even knockout is just yeah... abit much.

    You don't have to play nurse or any particular character to get their perks. You just need to level them up. When I started playing I did the best with Myers so that is who I would always play and level up everyone else with those bloodpoints. To this day I still haven't played much nurse but I have her at level 50.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981522#Comment_981522

    You don't have to play nurse or any particular character to get their perks. You just need to level them up. When I started playing I did the best with Myers so that is who I would always play and level up everyone else with those bloodpoints. To this day I still haven't played much nurse but I have her at level 50.

    If you want to rank up consistently with base perks/killers... I think nurse would be go to.

    @DocFabron said:

    DBD is not P2W.

    not what I said dude.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981632#Comment_981632

    If you want to rank up consistently with base perks/killers... I think nurse would be go to.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981660#Comment_981660

    not what I said dude.

    You did in the title. I simply disagree. MOST things can be earned.

  • @DocFabron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981834#Comment_981834

    You did in the title. I simply disagree. MOST things can be earned.

    The brackets.

  • Pay to even be able to win is pretty much the same as saying it's pay to win. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

  • @DocFabron said:

    Pay to even be able to win is pretty much the same as saying it's pay to win. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

    P2W normally refers to paid content that’s overpowered if purchased.... P2EW is more like... you buy stuff that’s balanced because core (ready/easily available) stuff in the game isn’t really strong enough to compete.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981859#Comment_981859

    P2W normally refers to paid content that’s overpowered if purchased.... P2EW is more like... you buy stuff that’s balanced because core (ready/easily available) stuff in the game isn’t really strong enough to compete.

    Oh, I guess i just misread what you were trying to say. I just got off work, am tired as balls and didn't really read the OP. :/

  • All of which can be obtained outside of DLC.

  • Meg is free and has 3 of the best perks in the game though.

  • @DocFabron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981864#Comment_981864

    Oh, I guess i just misread what you were trying to say. I just got off work, am tired as balls and didn't really read the OP. :/

    Np

  • As survivor the only important perk that doens't come already with the base game is DS. No need to even buy extra characters for survivor perks. You can easily make a very good build with Meg, David, Bill, Nea...

    Not having BBQ or Ruin hurts as killer, but Ruin you can get with in game currency and there are quite a few decent perks with the base game too. You can also make quite a good build without BBQ, decent tracking perks come with the game too.