How is the hook exploit still a thing?

First off, yes, it IS an exploit

Survivors being able to get behind the hooked person and be nearly 100% safe is ridiculous and should've been removed ages ago now. Devs just changed ruin with one reason being it could be extremely strong with little risk on the killer's part, so what about this? I'm rank 1 killer and rank 2 survivor for context, and whenever a teammate does this, I will go out of my way to make sure they die, or facecamp them while checking my phone. It's insane how this is still in when things like Nemesis Legion were caught so fast.

This is not okay and anyone who does it and tries to say its a "tech" are braindead monkeys

weirdchamp.jpg https://www.twitch.tv/zubatlel/clip/OptimisticCogentMooseKappaWealth

edit; covered names even tho they deserve to be called out

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1014204#Comment_1014204

    They're not really "unreachable", as the one on the hook will eventually die. It's not a way to hold the game hostage.

    Exactly

  • more poeple to ban for exploiting

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1014204#Comment_1014204

    They're not really "unreachable", as the one on the hook will eventually die. It's not a way to hold the game hostage.

    My point exactly, it's an easy 2k isn't it?

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Bug-team: We have found another bug sir!

    Devs: Does it benifit survivors?

    Bug-team: Ehm yes

    Devs: That's not a bug that's a feature!

    Bug-team: *whimper*

    You think this bug benefits survivors? Lol

  • @Joao_Bandicoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1014182#Comment_1014182

    Was the Legion double blade exploit great in any form ? Absolutely no, and it was rightfully fixed as soon as possible. The trapped in basement bug also was treated fairly quickly. Why would an obvious error like this "tech" be fine because it has counters ?

    Yes. Just like window tech. But apparently devs are removing techs now.


  • @Almo said:

    We're aware of the problem and working on it. The fix turned out to be more complex than expected, so it's not slated for the imminent release. As usual, I can't comment on when it will be fixed, but we will definitely fix it.

    I remember one of the mods saying saying it was a legitimate technique to help survivors get a rescue in a hard situation.

  • All the people saying it's easy to counter: any of you got a video example on hand? I'm not great at imagining how to aim properly to not hit the hook pole or the hooked survivor and rather the person between the 2 things.

    I'll also admit it's only been used against me twice out of the what 50 matches since it's arrived?: first time mid-match where I was doing quite well and them getting the free unhook (since I didn't know about the tech protecting them from being hit), the second I was hooking someone at end game and figured "oh I'll get 1 kill no matter what" (as oni).

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    It's not even that big of a problem. It's easily countered, just look more towards the hook and swing.

    Quit complaining and learn to do stuff yourselves. I don't even bother with this "tech" as survivor because it's a trash "tech". It usually always ends up in me getting hit

    I love when a surv tries that. I got hate mail for downing them... Called me a cheater even

  • Let the survivors do it, and stand a little bit away so they can get the unhook and then proceed to tunnel the unhooked survivor and stick them back on the hook. It's their teammates fault for farming them in the first place. I never understand why players try to unhook as soon as possible when the killer is still there.

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyKFmC1turc

    its the same as this, how is this a thing. is there going to be a fix for it as well as hook tech?

    would be nice too.fyi thats an old video its a lot more easier now.

  • IS this that hook tech thing?

    If so you can hit them from the sides it seems, or just camp both of them. Either way works.

  • @Vampirox said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyKFmC1turc

    its the same as this, how is this a thing. is there going to be a fix for it as well as hook tech?

    would be nice too.fyi thats an old video its a lot more easier now.

    They've decided this is a legal tech a long while ago, unlike the current hook one which is confirmed to be removed in the future. The rift update removed it accidentally, but was added back in with oni one. It's actually slightly harder now compared to pre-accident, but generators spawning near the tractor won't disable it anymore as it spawns away from the tractor a bit (making it a 4 person generator for survivor side's benefit as well).

    The video itself is talking about how strong the tractor is when a killer doesn't use the tech - it's a near infinite because the survivor can remove almost all the stagger by dropping on the haystack that's diagnol to the tractor...almost like a killer using hay as an alternative path.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1013809#Comment_1013809

    I expect them to not use an exploit to gain an unfair advantage.

    That's totally bs by the way. Killers do this all the time!! Killers have ways to be unfair or exploit things against killers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1015450#Comment_1015450

    I never said it's an exception if killers do it, either. Exploiting is exploiting. It doesn't matter who does it.

    Two wrongs do not make a right.

    And to further note ppl will do as they wish is a game. Unfair or not they dont care. Same reason killers that camp and tunnel. As survivors that r toxic #########. It's a game that will always like that cause ppl r like that

  • Just to be clear, everyone knows you can just....hit them right?

    Like hook tech has never worked on me once, ever. (Beyond the first time used, after that I realized and just started hitting from the side, swinging between them and the hook, you hit everytime as any killer. The saw hits too)

    Approach side of hook, close as possible, hit them. Easy.

    Does someone want to make a custom lobby with some people and I can just show you in game? Maybe someone who can record and upload it so others can see.

  • @Almo said:

    We're aware of the problem and working on it. The fix turned out to be more complex than expected, so it's not slated for the imminent release. As usual, I can't comment on when it will be fixed, but we will definitely fix it.

    Yeah bullshit you just don't care because it's negative for killers and positive for survivors. You bias never ends.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Well at least you all now have proof the devs aren't survivor sided. The survivors are given a fun, skill based feature that is countered easily by skilled killers and a few killers complain about it and it gets removed. Survivor sided devs btw.

    It is not a "skill based feature". It is an exploit. No need to attack OP.

  • How is it that people are still posting like they are so surprised by such a thing? Lol its DBD, what do you expect

  • Killer has a reason to camp, assures a free down, renders 2 survivors useless. The hook bombing with extra steps. It works well on bad killers, but other than that its almost all negatives for the survivors. I love when people do it against me.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    First off, yes, it IS an exploit

    Survivors being able to get behind the hooked person and be nearly 100% safe is ridiculous and should've been removed ages ago now. Devs just changed ruin with one reason being it could be extremely strong with little risk on the killer's part, so what about this? I'm rank 1 killer and rank 2 survivor for context, and whenever a teammate does this, I will go out of my way to make sure they die, or facecamp them while checking my phone. It's insane how this is still in when things like Nemesis Legion were caught so fast.

    This is not okay and anyone who does it and tries to say its a "tech" are braindead monkeys

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/693/EPNBU1WKXR3J.jpg

    https://www.twitch.tv/zubatlel/clip/OptimisticCogentMooseKappaWealth

    edit; covered names even tho they deserve to be called out

    It’s called the hook tech and is counter able by going to the side and hitting the survivor. I did this as billy.

1 2 ›