Why even bother with the PTB, just make it live.

We all know that no amount of feedback will change anything on PTB.

The Devs clearly think Ruin is in a good place, they think they have somehow made Dr more fun to play as or against, just freaking make it go live so we don’t lose part of our playerbase testing this stupid thjng.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • But if it was live already they'd have to wait til next patch to nerf it.

  • Didnt they already say they are looking to reduce or remove the cooldown from the doctor after his blast?

  • Can we not come to conclusions not even a day after PTB is released? They said the Ruin was fine and not gonna have a change a few hours after PTB was live, so they were mostly based on their internal testing and the complaints in the forums was something that always happened after meta perks like DS had gotten nerfed anyways.

    Now that they saw the actual outrage, when the PTB shows how the killer performance actually is with the Ruin changes, they can balance it accordingly. If its something different than the tests they have done, and it will most likely be, they will likely do something about it.

  • @DawnMad said:

    Can we not come to conclusions not even a day after PTB is released? They said the Ruin was fine and not gonna have a change a few hours after PTB was live, so they were mostly based on their internal testing and the complaints in the forums was something that always happened after meta perks like DS had gotten nerfed anyways.

    Now that they saw the actual outrage, when the PTB shows how the killer performance actually is with the Ruin changes, they can balance it accordingly. If its something different than the tests they have done, and it will most likely be, they will likely do something about it.

    If the Ruin changes don’t go live exactly like this I’ll buy you a DLC or cosmetic of your choice and you can legit DM if they do

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978010#Comment_978010

    If the Ruin changes don’t go live exactly like this I’ll buy you a DLC or cosmetic of your choice and you can legit DM if they do

    Ahaha, thanks mate but keep it.

    You have a point, BHVR does have the track record of not fixing problems before updates go live. But I am still expecting them to make changes with all thats happening.

  • @DawnMad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978018#Comment_978018

    Ahaha, thanks mate but keep it.

    You have a point, BHVR does have the track record of not fixing problems before updates go live. But I am still expecting them to make changes with all thats happening.

    I try to be positive and give benefit of the doubt, but I feel and I may be wrong, but I feel like they worked on this so long they’re set on it

  • They have to make sure survivors are having fun. During the last PTB, survivors screamed "ONI NOT FUN!" BHVR was quick to respond. By quick, I mean 10 days after he went live.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    They have to make sure survivors are having fun. During the last PTB, survivors screamed "ONI NOT FUN!" BHVR was quick to respond. By quick, I mean 10 days after he went live.

    He could literally 180 with his one shot ability making him nearly uncounterable if he was somewhat experienced. Not changed correctly at the launch but its in a really good spot now with the PTB, so not a good example.

  • @DawnMad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978062#Comment_978062

    He could literally 180 with his one shot ability making him nearly uncounterable if he was somewhat experienced. Not changed correctly at the launch but its in a really good spot now with the PTB, so not a good example.

    Over a month of him being a Dollar General Hillbilly. It's a great example.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978070#Comment_978070

    Over a month of him being a Dollar General Hillbilly. It's a great example.

    First of all, I covered that in my post. Secondly your point was that the change was because survivors "not having fun". If you are really defeding the broken version in the PTB right now, you are too biased to even have an argument with.

  • @Resurrect said:

    This is very true.

    Sure they MIGHT change a major bug during the PTB.

    When the basement bug was first introduced comes to mind. It was beyond game breaking, yet it was released into the live version.

    PTB is only a chance to see what bugs are inevitably going live.

    PTB at the core is useless.

    • If 80%-90% of bugs were ironed out within the PTB it would serve a purpose
    • PTB is a commercial for a product the consumer has no sway or say in before release

    This is the thing, they see new bugs and they still make it to live. Heck, they haven't even fixed half of the current bugs.

    But man, did you see all those cosmetics!!!

  • Well it's not the Public Feedback Beta, it's the Public Test Beta.

  • @DawnMad said:

    Can we not come to conclusions not even a day after PTB is released? They said the Ruin was fine and not gonna have a change a few hours after PTB was live, so they were mostly based on their internal testing and the complaints in the forums was something that always happened after meta perks like DS had gotten nerfed anyways.

    Now that they saw the actual outrage, when the PTB shows how the killer performance actually is with the Ruin changes, they can balance it accordingly. If its something different than the tests they have done, and it will most likely be, they will likely do something about it.

    If they are just going to go off their own tests why have a ptb at all

  • I understand why it might feel like that, but that's cognitive bias talking, plain and simple.

    Here's a list of things that the devs changed after the last PTB, largely based on player feedback:

    • Deep Wound timer will no longer go down when Sprinting or while Mending. Deep Wound is no longer connected with the Killers terror radius.
    • Added a small buffer for spawning blood orbs when crouching. A blood orb will spawn right when crouching, but can only spawn a maximum of one per second.
    • The Oni will receive blood orbs when pulling a healthy Survivor out of a locker.
    • 2 Blood Orbs spawn when hooking a Survivor.
    • Decreased the number of Blood Orbs spawned when a Survivor vaults to 2 Blood Orbs, down from 3 Blood Orbs.
    • Passive power build-up pauses when reaching a certain threshold (98%) before completely filling. From this point, The Oni needs to absorb at least one Blood Orb to completely fill the power gauge.
    • Picking up a Survivor will cancel Blood Fury, however, now it will not reduce your remaining power gauge. Downing a Survivor will not cancel Blood Fury, however, will remove a small portion of the power gauge.
    • Ending a dash now incurs a 1 second cooldown, increased from 0.5 seconds.
    • Increased the interaction timer of perk, Any Means Necessary, to 4 seconds, up from 3 seconds.
    • Decreased the cooldown timer of perk, Any Means Necessary, to 140/130/120 seconds, down from 160/140/120 seconds.
    • Decreased the aura reveal duration of add-on, Renjiro's Bloody Glove, to 3 seconds, down from 4 seconds.
    • Modified the turn rate ratio of Demon Strike to reduce last moment sharp turns causing the attack to affect a wider arc than intended.
    • Destroying a pallet with Demon Strike now plays the properly timed animation, lasting 2 seconds in total.

    Here's a list of things that were changed from the PTB before that (again, largely based on player feedback):

    • Styptic Agent: To allow more counterplay we've reduced the time that Endurance will be active from 15 seconds to 8 seconds for the Styptic Agent specifically. Borrowed Time's Endurance timing has not changed.
    • Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe: The Heal Over time effect now takes 16 seconds to heal a health state. We've increased the heal over time effect to 16 seconds (up from 8) for the release. As this is an effect that passively heals you while you can do other actions and it can be affected by items/ add-ons and perks we felt that having a timing similar to the regular health state heal made more sense than the 8 seconds that we put on the PTB.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the blink recharge timer to start too early if the player attacks after blinking.
    • Moved The Nurse's reappearance audio back to the end of blink. It had been mistakenly moved 0.3 seconds earlier when the changes were made to the blink reappearance visuals.
    • Torn Bookmark will now properly let The Nurse start with 3 blink charges (it was previously starting with 2 and only charging up to 3 after a blink had been performed) and removed the blink indicator effect.
    • Dark Cincture: Blink recharge time modifier changed from -0.6 seconds to -0.4 seconds.
    • Fragile Wheeze: Blink recharge time modifier changed from -0.9 seconds to -0.6 seconds.

    Here's a list of changes that were made on the PTB before that:

    • The recovery time when missing a Shred attack has been increased by 0.25 seconds, making a total of 2.25 seconds.
    • The Demogorgon cannot attack or charge Of the Abyss during the cancel of Of The Abyss.  
    • Increased the distance at which a Portal can be placed near Exit switches from 1 meter to 4 meters.
    • Killer Instinct will no longer trigger on hooked Survivors.
    • Reduced The Demogorgon's walking footsteps sound attenuation from 19 meters to 16 meters.
    • Reduced Portal sound range (spawning, cleansing, opening, closing) from 16 meters to 8 meters.
    • Reworked the audio on Nancy and Steve.
    • Added a vignette on screen for Survivors while in contact with a portal.
    • The perk Surge has been changed from 24 meters to 32 meters, and its effect from 12% to 8%.
    • Added some additional collision on the top of the railings in the spare labs to prevent Survivors from holding the game hostage [in the Underground Complex map]. 
    • Prevented Survivors from taking the game hostage on the broken cat walk in the Rift Lab [in the Underground Complex map].
    • Black Heart's effect that decreases charge time for Pounce Attack & Upside Down interaction was changed to "Slightly decrease the Shredded Attack miss cooldown (-0.25sec)" instead.
    • Mew's Guts' effect that decreases charge time for Pounce Attack & Upside Down interaction was changed to "Slightly decrease the Shredded Attack miss cooldown (-0.25sec)" instead.

    Obviously, there are a lot of good reasons to bother with the PTB. Feedback does change things. Just because they don't make every single change that is suggested by the players, that doesn't mean that they don't listen to player feedback or make adjustments on that basis between PTB and live. Not to mention, the PTB had been live for only a few hours when they announced that they were going to be changing the Doctor's Shock Therapy cooldown, so that's already proof that they're listening to player feedback this time around as well.

  • Fibjean I think that almost(If not out right) proves why people are pissed right now about the PTB:

    The devs have PROVED they are willing to listen in the past but on ruin they are doing the metaphorical equivalent of plugging their ears while saying "Lalala I can't hear you" to any and all criticism of the ruin changes.

    Which is both jarring and demeaning to players who are genuinely trying to give constructive feedback.

  • @DawnMad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978129#Comment_978129

    First of all, I covered that in my post. Secondly your point was that the change was because survivors "not having fun". If you are really defeding the broken version in the PTB right now, you are too biased to even have an argument with.

    And of course, you are the beacon of impartiality. No, you didn't not cover it in your post. When it was clear the devs need to fix him, they decided to take a pro-survivor stance and nerf him into oblivion instead of a pro-killer stance of leaving him as is. The devs top priority is the fun of the survivors. If you disagree with that, you are not paying attention.

  • @Resurrect said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978277#Comment_978277

    I understand why you must copy and paste things like this, but this is Trusted figurehead bias talking, plain and simple.

    You have kindly copied a ton of information to confirm the developers mostly make small tweaks to the madness they create and we have to accept the turn out regardless.

    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot recall one time the developers created something . . . A nerf, a buff, something from the ground up and immediately said they were wrong and scratched the entire idea.

    Yes, there are examples such as the hatch closing. Alas that would not prove they immediately admit they made a mistake and scratched the idea. Only postponed their decision to dump it in the game on a later date OR take it out of the game on a later date.

    Feedback doesn't change anything in the sense of completely changing the direction the developers want to go with a game they clearly don't understand. Unless changes are to serve a hidden agenda, though the overwhelming bias within the notes of the PTB show a clear agenda.

    Point is that no amount of negative Feedback stops something from happening.

    All this complaining about Ruin and Doctor . . . no chance they openly admit they made a mistake and COMPLETELY stop moving in this direction.

    Only a small chance they PAUSE the changes to Ruin with all the negative and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism found on YouTube and other sites.

    Though changes to Ruin are coming regardless of player feedback. Maybe they actually wait for these changes, but they will drop them in like nothing ever happened eventually. Exactly as they have done with other changes.

    "changes to Ruin are coming regardless of player feedback." this is a fact.

    Bonus Question . . .

    • What's the point of the PTB if game breaking bugs discovered on the PTB are released live?
    • Referring to the basement bug.

    Small tweaks and the like that can go unnoticed by the majority of players are nice, but when someone can't physically leave the basement, it was documented as a well known issue.

    Let's take it live ! ! !

    I understand you give biased responses, either by choice or because of your position. It's a shame those of us who can cut right through the bias BS never get a response. Only those who are 'safe' to respond too. Those who create posts that are easy to poke holes into without much effort.

    Poke a hole in me ! ! !

    P.S. I can be wrong, and have been and could be now. I don't post in absolute, too many of those on here do. I don't see you responding, but if you do please bring something tangible to your rebuttal as their are far too many who post on their feelings or biased standing within the community.

    I would love to make a proper rebuttal, because there's a lot wrong with your argument, but you've already claimed that your own speculation is "fact" ("'changes to Ruin are coming regardless of player feedback.' this is a fact"), and indicated several times ("this is Trusted figurehead bias talking", "I understand you give biased responses") that you believe my arguments to be irrevocably biased, on top of suggesting that I'm dishonest and incapable of looking at a situation objectively.

    In other words, my opponent is someone who is apparently unable to tell the difference between theories and facts, is convinced that their own opinion is the latter, and has already expressed an unwillingness to take anything I say in good faith. There is absolutely nothing constructive to be gained from arguing with someone like that. So I'm not going to.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    Fibjean I think that almost(If not out right) proves why people are pissed right now about the PTB:

    The devs have PROVED they are willing to listen in the past but on ruin they are doing the metaphorical equivalent of plugging their ears while saying "Lalala I can't hear you" to any and all criticism of the ruin changes.

    Which is both jarring and demeaning to players who are genuinely trying to give constructive feedback.

    The changes were announced yesterday. The PTB has been going on for barely 12 hours. I get that it's disheartening not to see the devs saying things like "yes we agree there are issues and we're going to change them" right away, but if they're following their usual pattern, that's because they're giving it some breathing room and waiting to see if people still have the same complaints once they've had a bit more time to test and get used to the changes.

    They've proved in the past that they're willing to listen, as you say, even though at the time, the people giving the feedback felt exactly the same way as you do now. We can say from past experience that they probably are listening even if they're not responding very encouragingly. So let's give them a bit more than 24 hours of leeway and see if they'll be willing to do something this time.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978518#Comment_978518

    The changes were announced yesterday. The PTB has been going on for barely 12 hours. I get that it's disheartening not to see the devs saying things like "yes we agree there are issues and we're going to change them" right away, but if they're following their usual pattern, that's because they're giving it some breathing room and waiting to see if people still have the same complaints once they've had a bit more time to test and get used to the changes.

    They've proved in the past that they're willing to listen, as you say, even though at the time, the people giving the feedback felt exactly the same way as you do now. We can say from past experience that they probably are listening even if they're not responding very encouragingly. So let's give them a bit more than 24 hours of leeway and see if they'll be willing to do something this time.

    I'd normally would if they weren't already on the forums effectively saying: Its going though anyways so stop complaining.

    I would have given them the credit of the doubt if they hadn't confirmed they don't care about the feed back in the PTB on ruin to the point(As far as I know) they didn't even bother putting feed back on the changes on the PTB survey despite it being a rework to one of the most used perks in the game.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978717#Comment_978717

    I'd normally would if they weren't already on the forums effectively saying: Its going though anyways so stop complaining.

    I would have given them the credit of the doubt if they hadn't confirmed they don't care about the feed back in the PTB on ruin to the point(As far as I know) they didn't even bother putting feed back on the changes on the PTB survey despite it being a rework to one of the most used perks in the game.

    If you want to interpret that from what was said I can't really stop you, but all they've actually said is they were happy with how the perk ran during their internal testing. It's true that the Ruin changes weren't asked about in the survey, and honestly I don't know why that is, but there is still the feedback subforum.

    Yes, it is entirely possible that they're going to push the changes through regardless of what the players say. But too many people are treating that like it's already confirmed and not just a possibility. The fact is, we don't know what they're going to do until they've done it. In the meantime, if we want change to happen, all we can do is use the avenues available to us, like the feedback subforum, to make our opinions heard.

  • @DawnMad said:

    Can we not come to conclusions not even a day after PTB is released? They said the Ruin was fine and not gonna have a change a few hours after PTB was live, so they were mostly based on their internal testing and the complaints in the forums was something that always happened after meta perks like DS had gotten nerfed anyways.

    Now that they saw the actual outrage, when the PTB shows how the killer performance actually is with the Ruin changes, they can balance it accordingly. If its something different than the tests they have done, and it will most likely be, they will likely do something about it.

    Here is the problem, they let MoM go live and yes it was nerfed it still was delayed. Ruin isn't a nerf, it's a whole new perk. Do you really think BHVR will revert it? There isn't even a section for ruin feedback on the survey so I think they decision is set in stone.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978783#Comment_978783

    If you want to interpret that from what was said I can't really stop you, but all they've actually said is they were happy with how the perk ran during their internal testing. It's true that the Ruin changes weren't asked about in the survey, and honestly I don't know why that is, but there is still the feedback subforum.

    Yes, it is entirely possible that they're going to push the changes through regardless of what the players say. But too many people are treating that like it's already confirmed and not just a possibility. The fact is, we don't know what they're going to do until they've done it. In the meantime, if we want change to happen, all we can do is use the avenues available to us, like the feedback subforum, to make our opinions heard.

    Ruin wasn’t asked about in the survey, I don’t know why that is.

    Are you really that naive? Like others have said to reinforce the topic title, the Ruin decision is set in stone. Killers could literally get zero kills in every single PTB game for the next week and it would still go live.

  • @Resurrect said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978184#Comment_978184

    Couldn't imagine you gained the trusted status with brilliant one liners such as this.

    With this big brain logic . . .

    • During the Public Feedback Beta tell us everything about what you cannot test

    and

    • During the Public Test Beta don't say a word about what you have tested

    Wish I could say your post was worth the read, but look at that post counter!

    That's right, a person doesn't need high intelligence to be considered for the Trusted tag, but I can't tell you what the requirements actually are, or people would misuse that information.

    I didn't say at all that you can't give feedback, that's just you misinterpreting my words.

    Testing is it's primary function, and while they'll always listen to the feedback, it's primary purpose is to make sure it works so it can launch in a better state.

    Feedback can then also be used to alter the content, or they can choose not to if they believe that's better, which is how it's not what it's made for.

    I hope that cleared it up for you. 😊

  • This content has been removed.
  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978802#Comment_978802

    Ruin wasn’t asked about in the survey, I don’t know why that is.

    Are you really that naive? Like others have said to reinforce the topic title, the Ruin decision is set in stone. Killers could literally get zero kills in every single PTB game for the next week and it would still go live.

    I stand by what I said. I don't know why that is, and neither does anyone else except for the developers themselves. We can speculate, of course, and many people have, but I don't think speculation is going to get us anywhere constructive, so I prefer to avoid it.

    The fact is, for whatever reason, it unfortunately wasn't mentioned in the survey, so we can either complain about that, assume it means the devs don't care and just give up, or we can give constructive feedback through the channels that remain to us, such as the feedback subforum.

    It's not ideal, I agree, but I actually want changes to be made, so I know which option I'm going to pick.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I understand why it might feel like that, but that's cognitive bias talking, plain and simple.

    Here's a list of things that the devs changed after the last PTB, largely based on player feedback:

    • Deep Wound timer will no longer go down when Sprinting or while Mending. Deep Wound is no longer connected with the Killers terror radius.
    • Added a small buffer for spawning blood orbs when crouching. A blood orb will spawn right when crouching, but can only spawn a maximum of one per second.
    • The Oni will receive blood orbs when pulling a healthy Survivor out of a locker.
    • 2 Blood Orbs spawn when hooking a Survivor.
    • Decreased the number of Blood Orbs spawned when a Survivor vaults to 2 Blood Orbs, down from 3 Blood Orbs.
    • Passive power build-up pauses when reaching a certain threshold (98%) before completely filling. From this point, The Oni needs to absorb at least one Blood Orb to completely fill the power gauge.
    • Picking up a Survivor will cancel Blood Fury, however, now it will not reduce your remaining power gauge. Downing a Survivor will not cancel Blood Fury, however, will remove a small portion of the power gauge.
    • Ending a dash now incurs a 1 second cooldown, increased from 0.5 seconds.
    • Increased the interaction timer of perk, Any Means Necessary, to 4 seconds, up from 3 seconds.
    • Decreased the cooldown timer of perk, Any Means Necessary, to 140/130/120 seconds, down from 160/140/120 seconds.
    • Decreased the aura reveal duration of add-on, Renjiro's Bloody Glove, to 3 seconds, down from 4 seconds.
    • Modified the turn rate ratio of Demon Strike to reduce last moment sharp turns causing the attack to affect a wider arc than intended.
    • Destroying a pallet with Demon Strike now plays the properly timed animation, lasting 2 seconds in total.

    Here's a list of things that were changed from the PTB before that (again, largely based on player feedback):

    • Styptic Agent: To allow more counterplay we've reduced the time that Endurance will be active from 15 seconds to 8 seconds for the Styptic Agent specifically. Borrowed Time's Endurance timing has not changed.
    • Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe: The Heal Over time effect now takes 16 seconds to heal a health state. We've increased the heal over time effect to 16 seconds (up from 8) for the release. As this is an effect that passively heals you while you can do other actions and it can be affected by items/ add-ons and perks we felt that having a timing similar to the regular health state heal made more sense than the 8 seconds that we put on the PTB.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the blink recharge timer to start too early if the player attacks after blinking.
    • Moved The Nurse's reappearance audio back to the end of blink. It had been mistakenly moved 0.3 seconds earlier when the changes were made to the blink reappearance visuals.
    • Torn Bookmark will now properly let The Nurse start with 3 blink charges (it was previously starting with 2 and only charging up to 3 after a blink had been performed) and removed the blink indicator effect.
    • Dark Cincture: Blink recharge time modifier changed from -0.6 seconds to -0.4 seconds.
    • Fragile Wheeze: Blink recharge time modifier changed from -0.9 seconds to -0.6 seconds.

    Here's a list of changes that were made on the PTB before that:

    • The recovery time when missing a Shred attack has been increased by 0.25 seconds, making a total of 2.25 seconds.
    • The Demogorgon cannot attack or charge Of the Abyss during the cancel of Of The Abyss.  
    • Increased the distance at which a Portal can be placed near Exit switches from 1 meter to 4 meters.
    • Killer Instinct will no longer trigger on hooked Survivors.
    • Reduced The Demogorgon's walking footsteps sound attenuation from 19 meters to 16 meters.
    • Reduced Portal sound range (spawning, cleansing, opening, closing) from 16 meters to 8 meters.
    • Reworked the audio on Nancy and Steve.
    • Added a vignette on screen for Survivors while in contact with a portal.
    • The perk Surge has been changed from 24 meters to 32 meters, and its effect from 12% to 8%.
    • Added some additional collision on the top of the railings in the spare labs to prevent Survivors from holding the game hostage [in the Underground Complex map]. 
    • Prevented Survivors from taking the game hostage on the broken cat walk in the Rift Lab [in the Underground Complex map].
    • Black Heart's effect that decreases charge time for Pounce Attack & Upside Down interaction was changed to "Slightly decrease the Shredded Attack miss cooldown (-0.25sec)" instead.
    • Mew's Guts' effect that decreases charge time for Pounce Attack & Upside Down interaction was changed to "Slightly decrease the Shredded Attack miss cooldown (-0.25sec)" instead.

    Obviously, there are a lot of good reasons to bother with the PTB. Feedback does change things. Just because they don't make every single change that is suggested by the players, that doesn't mean that they don't listen to player feedback or make adjustments on that basis between PTB and live. Not to mention, the PTB had been live for only a few hours when they announced that they were going to be changing the Doctor's Shock Therapy cooldown, so that's already proof that they're listening to player feedback this time around as well.

    Thats not a list of things changed based on feedback, I am sorry. As an example, the blink recharge add-ons were not nerfed because of player feedback. Litterally no one asked for it.

  • @Resurrect said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979376#Comment_979376

    That's right, a person doesn't need high intelligence to be considered for the Trusted tag, but I can't tell you what the requirements actually are, or people would misuse that information.

    • Ah, sounds like you have to be a . . special kind of special to have met such . . secret standards

    I didn't say at all that you can't give feedback, that's just you misinterpreting my words.

    • Then perhaps instead of giving one line responses you should elaborate to not be left to ones interpretation

    Testing is it's primary function, and while they'll always listen to the feedback, it's primary purpose is to make sure it works so it can launch in a better state.

    • Well that is how we all believe it works, but not at all what your post inferred

    Feedback can then also be used to alter the content, or they can choose not to if they believe that's better, which is how it's not what it's made for.

    • "which is how it's not what it's made for" say what now?

    I hope that cleared it up for you. 😊

    • If only you would have taken the time to elaborate from the start you wouldn't of had too. 😊

    I'll leave it up for you to theorize, still can't give you more hints on how to gain the tag.

    I was elaborate enough, if I meant it wasn't at all for feedback, I would've said so.

    Yes, it was.

    I don't think I need to repeat myself, you can re-read the comment.

    I don't mind one bit to come back and comment more to help others understand. 😊

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978277#Comment_978277

    Thats not a list of things changed based on feedback, I am sorry. As an example, the blink recharge add-ons were not nerfed because of player feedback. Litterally no one asked for it.

    Hence why I said "largely based on player feedback". Some changes are ones the devs decide to make on their own. In that same patch, though, the Styptic, Syringe, audio and Torn Bookmark changes were all based on player feedback from the PTB. The only changes that probably weren't are the recharge add-on changes, and what was essentially a bug fix. All the major changes were feedback-based, though, and mostly killer feedback at that.

  • Because they need a thin veil of lies that they are listening to their community so they can come off as.

    "Well we tested it in PTB and a buncha people said they liked it, so thats good enough for us."

    Despite what the apparent at large community consensus is.

  • How do you know nothing will change? I dislike the changes made to ruin but it still can be changed.

  • I could say to test it out and find bugs to fix before it goes live.

    But

    When has that ever happen?

  • @Resurrect said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979734#Comment_979734

    That is the point. We know Ruin is going to change.

    One way or another, maybe in the live update or they might hold off and dump it in an update down the road.

    The fact that the developers have never NOT went through with a change they implemented at some point proves historically speaking that this change is going to happen regardless.

    Personally the Doctor and Ruin changes do not affect me as Killer as I don't use them or Survivor as I prefer to get through it and I've gotten better at it over time.

    The argument made from the OP is true in the sense that these changes are going live at some point, so just do it.

    Not saying the developers don't tweak things within the PTB, but they never pull an 'idea' completely.

    The overwhelming feedback they are getting before the PTB about the Ruin change, and now during couldn't be anymore of a sign yelling

    don't do this, this is not right, not the right way, doesn't fix the real problem

    Ect . . .

    Though we all know it's going to happen.

    I don’t expect them to completely pull the idea since it can work but I’d like some number tweaks. I don’t want ruin changed but the idea can work (I think it’ll need buffs though), I don’t play doc so I won’t speak about him, I do however use ruin and would like the numbers tweaked.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978783#Comment_978783

    If you want to interpret that from what was said I can't really stop you, but all they've actually said is they were happy with how the perk ran during their internal testing. It's true that the Ruin changes weren't asked about in the survey, and honestly I don't know why that is, but there is still the feedback subforum.

    Yes, it is entirely possible that they're going to push the changes through regardless of what the players say. But too many people are treating that like it's already confirmed and not just a possibility. The fact is, we don't know what they're going to do until they've done it. In the meantime, if we want change to happen, all we can do is use the avenues available to us, like the feedback subforum, to make our opinions heard.

    Did any of the feedback change what happened to nurse? There was a full subforum of it, instead you got one liners about how good mindgame potential is when she turns into a 115ms killer.

    Was any of it regarded? Oh yes, they removed the permanent peeeb each time you would gain a blink back, much wow.

    Did you read the dev blog? Go figure why people are pissed. They do not even understand why ruin was used by 45% of the playerbase. Lets talk about the situation when ruin makes it to late game lol. Name 3 benefits about the new ruin and it is completely about how the new ruin benefits survivors.

    When they post stuff like that, it just shows.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/978802#Comment_978802

    Did any of the feedback change what happened to nurse? There was a full subforum of it, instead you got one liners about how good mindgame potential is when she turns into a 115ms killer.

    Was any of it regarded? Oh yes, they removed the permanent peeeb each time you would gain a blink back, much wow.

    Did you read the dev blog? Go figure why people are pissed. They do not even understand why ruin was used by 45% of the playerbase. Lets talk about the situation when ruin makes it to late game lol. Name 3 benefits about the new ruin and it is completely about how the new ruin benefits survivors.

    When they post stuff like that, it just shows.

    I read the blog. I understand why people are pissed. I was personally disappointed in both it and the Ruin changes, which in my opinion don't benefit either killers or survivors (but that's another discussion).

    I'll say it one last time, because honestly I'm getting tired of repeating myself on this topic: I get why people are pissed. I do. If you don't want to leave feedback, if you think it won't matter, that is entirely up to you. I disagree, so I'm going to give feedback, even if it doesn't get taken on board, because if no one says anything then it definitely won't. No one is forcing you to leave feedback if you think it's pointless, but if you have a problem with the way the devs are communicating, there's no point taking it up with me.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979829#Comment_979829

    I read the blog. I understand why people are pissed. I was personally disappointed in both it and the Ruin changes, which in my opinion don't benefit either killers or survivors (but that's another discussion).

    I'll say it one last time, because honestly I'm getting tired of repeating myself on this topic: I get why people are pissed. I do. If you don't want to leave feedback, if you think it won't matter, that is entirely up to you. I disagree, so I'm going to give feedback, even if it doesn't get taken on board, because if no one says anything then it definitely won't. No one is forcing you to leave feedback if you think it's pointless, but if you have a problem with the way the devs are communicating, there's no point taking it up with me.

    You do see in which state the forum is since the announcement, how much more feedback do they need?

  • @Resurrect said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979490#Comment_979490

    I never cared or asked how you obtain the tag.

    I would have to assume what you meant without you elaborating further.

    No, it wasn't.

    "which is how it's not what it's made for" doesn't need to be reread or repeated it should be rewritten to make sense.

    Wonderful. Comeback and rewrite "which is how it's not what it's made for" so we can understand or have you elaborated to the point we must again interpret what you meant. 😊

    Fair enough, i figured as much anyway, but just wanted to make sure.

    And you did, and i elaborated.

    Guess we'll always disagree on this, so i'm putting it to rest before it escalates.


    Okay, i figured it was easy to understand since explaining it would be repeating something i mentioned before, but here goes: It's primary function is to test.

    Feedback is an important aspect, but it's not a primary function.

    You know, like how videogames in general have the primary function to entertain, and competition within those games is an important aspect, but not the primary function.

    That's how "it's not what it's made for", if it was just pure feedback, there'd be no reason to call it Public Test Build.


    Hopefully it's clear to you now. 😊