To the " i only heal you when i feel like it" survivors

hey , when i come to you to heal me and you don't and you think you know whats happening on the map better than the person who has come to you to get healed, you don't know better than someone else. you've been sitting on a gen for 1 min you don't know the map better and whats going on better , if i don't think its the right time to be healed then i wont ask for it and ilil gen with you or run past. you're just arrogant and you end up costing teams matches, and before i get all these replies from people that do that again YOU DON'T KNOW BETTER THAN SOMEONE WHO HAS JUST BEEN HIT . you don't .

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • The only way they could have a clue is if they are running empathy, alert, OoO, or perks similar. Though youf "just been hit" remark gives off the impression you could have been hit and potentially lead the killer to them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Damn dude, you've been venting on here for the last 15 days, is everything alright?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/profile/discussions/DBDfan12

    so ive been contributing to the forums? good for me hey

  • Bring Selfcare, Inner Strength, Medkit if you don't wanna rely on others healing you.

  • If the Gen is almost completed, I wont heal you. Lets do the Gen first. You can stay next to me and do nothing, or be productive.

    And well, if you kobe in my face... I wont heal you either.

  • I'm not healing you. It wastes to much time. The time spent to heal can cost a gen when the killer comes over with pop goes the weasel.

    1st gen. Then we can talk about healing or not. Deal with it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941356#Comment_941356

    I mean, as much as telling open ended anecdotes chastising other people that they're playing wrong is contributing, sure.

    you mean as oppose to being passive aggressive and telling people their posting style is wrong?

  • @DBDfan12 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941349#Comment_941349

    so ive been contributing to the forums? good for me hey

    Crying and contributing are not the same. If I'm working a gen and you run up to me then one of three things will happen, based on how far the Gen is and how far into the match we are:

    1. I'm going to keep working the gen if it is over 50% as you are either being pursued, or are safe for now. At 95%, I'll stop to heal and we pop the gen and get out of the area.
    2. I'm going to bolt, as you likely just led the killer to me, which is what he was likely hoping for.
    3. I'm going to possibly stop and heal you if the gen is below 50%, we have a couple gens done, and the killer is either chasing someone else, or nowhere within TR.

    Don't think you have better understanding of the field just because you got smacked. Many players can gauge the entire match by paying attention to who is getting hit, and when. If you get injured, then someone else is injured and you show up at my gen, you likely are no longer being chased. If you just got off the hook and ran straight to me, there is a chance you are being followed. Lots of variables for attentive survivors to pay attention to.

  • Stop asking for heals and do gens.

  • Probably the most annoying thing in this game is survivors who refuse to work on gens while injured, and proceed to throw the game if you don't also throw the game by healing them.

    I had an injured rank 3 meg earlier who, at 1 gen and 3 survivors left, was just hiding 3-4 feet from the gen I was working on, while the obsession was clearly being chased instead. The killer was a tiered up Oni who was constantly hitting his 1 shot downs on my team, and was using pop goes the weasel.

    Since I refused to heal her, trying to finish the last generator and actually escape, she teabags and runs off into the basement to loot chests instead. I had to go work on an entirely separate generator while the 3rd survivor desperately ran the killer.

    The game would have ended up in a 4k for the Oni had I not been running deliverance to be able to take aggro, go down, and rescue myself from the hook right next to the exit gate. I was incredibly happy to leave the meg behind to die.

  • @Apple2o said:

    Probably the most annoying thing in this game is survivors who refuse to work on gens while injured, and proceed to throw the game if you don't also throw the game by healing them.

    I had an injured rank 3 meg earlier who, at 1 gen and 3 survivors left, was just hiding 3-4 feet from the gen I was working on, while the obsession was clearly being chased instead. The killer was a tiered up Oni who was constantly hitting his 1 shot downs on my team, and was using pop goes the weasel.

    Since I refused to heal her, trying to finish the last generator and actually escape, she teabags and runs off into the basement to loot chests instead. I had to go work on an entirely separate generator while the 3rd survivor desperately ran the killer.

    The game would have ended up in a 4k for the Oni had I not been running deliverance to be able to take aggro, go down, and rescue myself from the hook right next to the exit gate. I was incredibly happy to leave the meg behind to die.

    Yeah it's annoying when survivors try to make healing a priority over gens whether they're the ones that are injured or the ones trying to heal. There will be times where I'll be injured and run into a teammate working on a gen and I'll notice that it's about 80% done so I'll work on it but they'll get off the gen to try and heal me but I'll just keep working on the gen.

  • @Jplanas98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941457#Comment_941457

    Yeah it's annoying when survivors try to make healing a priority over gens whether they're the ones that are injured or the ones trying to heal. There will be times where I'll be injured and run into a teammate working on a gen and I'll notice that it's about 80% done so I'll work on it but they'll get off the gen to try and heal me but I'll just keep working on the gen.

    It was great she also had iron will, had only been hooked once, and I had prove thyself. The gen was at 50%. In the time it took her to teabag and bodyblock me at the gen it could have been finished.

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941472#Comment_941472

    It was great she also had iron will, had only been hooked once, and I had prove thyself. The gen was at 50%. In the time it took her to teabag and bodyblock me at the gen it could have been finished.

    They're almost as bad as the people who run across the entire map for you to heal them, after you've unhooked them using we'll make it. Just to end up running closer to the killer.

  • Do the gen and then I’ll heal you.

    If that isn’t your cup of tea then use self-care/inner strength or a med-kit.

  • @GrootDude said:

    Do the gen and then I’ll heal you.

    If that isn’t your cup of tea then use self-care/inner strength or a med-kit.

    This right - OP wants a heal, earn it. It also signals to me when you help with a gen that you weren't a total dumb--- and brought the killer with you.

  • Please keep the thread on topic and stay civil when discussing the topic at hand

  • Out of curiosity, I would like to ask you what rank you are and if you are a newer player. By the fact that you didn't know how to quickly exit a locker I would assume that you're just a newer player.

  • The only time I'll prioritise healing you is if we're playing against an Oni, but only if he doesn't have Yamaoka's Wrath active. If we're against a T3 Myers or Haunted Ground is active or you're exposed for some other reason, or if you have an active RBT on your head, I won't even consider it usually, because it's a waste of my time and yours.

    I don't know what you've been through and what makes you think this is the right time to heal, sure, but you don't know what my plans are for this generator, or what perks I have that might be giving me information about what's going on elsewhere. And I cannot assume that you know the game better or have better judgement than I do, especially with matchmaking the way it is.

    Usually I'll 99 the gen and then heal you, so if the killer comes at least we can pop the gen right away. Maybe I really want to get this generator done because I have a key, and I'd like to spend the next 16 seconds working towards escaping. Or maybe it's the last generator and I want to activate my Adrenaline. There are so many variables that you might not be privvy to, so as much as others perhaps shouldn't assume that they know best about when healing is appropriate, the same applies equally to you.

  • @Jplanas98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941457#Comment_941457

    Yeah it's annoying when survivors try to make healing a priority over gens whether they're the ones that are injured or the ones trying to heal. There will be times where I'll be injured and run into a teammate working on a gen and I'll notice that it's about 80% done so I'll work on it but they'll get off the gen to try and heal me but I'll just keep working on the gen.

    To be fair, they're trying to help you. If I break off the gen to heal just point at the gen if you want it done first. You just gotta roll with how your team is doing things sometimes.

  • I don't even want to get healed anymore. It's the most boring part of survivor gameplay. Standing still and waiting for the healing bar to complete. It's like a loading bar. Just bring Self Care+Botany Knowledge if you insist on getting your health state back. That way you don't force other survivors off gens while healing yourself in a reasonable time and you still have two perk slots for whatever you think is necessary to survive.

  • I'll prioritize a generator over healing you, period. The only way I will heal you right away is if we'll make it is still active or if I have botany knowledge. Even then, gens are the utmost priority to getting us out of the trial.

  • Thats why i love healing perks, like We'll Make It or BK at least, its to spend less time on heal and it counters the anti-heal meta build.

  • @Fibijean said:

    The only time I'll prioritise healing you is if we're playing against an Oni, but only if he doesn't have Yamaoka's Wrath active. If we're against a T3 Myers or Haunted Ground is active or you're exposed for some other reason, or if you have an active RBT on your head, I won't even consider it usually, because it's a waste of my time and yours.

    I don't know what you've been through and what makes you think this is the right time to heal, sure, but you don't know what my plans are for this generator, or what perks I have that might be giving me information about what's going on elsewhere. And I cannot assume that you know the game better or have better judgement than I do, especially with matchmaking the way it is.

    Usually I'll 99 the gen and then heal you, so if the killer comes at least we can pop the gen right away. Maybe I really want to get this generator done because I have a key, and I'd like to spend the next 16 seconds working towards escaping. Or maybe it's the last generator and I want to activate my Adrenaline. There are so many variables that you might not be privvy to, so as much as others perhaps shouldn't assume that they know best about when healing is appropriate, the same applies equally to you.

    The only time you should prioritize healing someone is if they are on death hook and there is no Exposed in play. Otherwise priority should always be gens.

    I might heal someone if they have an RBT on their head depending on the situation. Usually you can get off the heal and they can do all the boxes if the timer just started. But yea if your timer is like 50% I'm not wasting my time because you'll be dead anyway.