Who actually uses SC in red ranks?

Title says it all, I am just curious to know. The perk itself takes 32 seconds to heal, WITHOUT other slowdown perks, like Thana, SB, Coulrophobia, etc.

I just feel like bond is such a better option since it gives more information. Would a buff to SC be too much to ask for? Maybe not by making it meta, but I feel like it needs something.

Let me know what you guys think!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Man, I haven’t touched SC in a minute. Wouldn’t get a chance to heal from being tunneled to oblivion, and I play solo so mates are useless. I usually spend most of thegame injures if I don’t have my Medkit. I liked running empathy so if someone else was injured we could heal each other.

  • @BloodyNights said:

    I run self care, and botony quite often. I find myself getting hit a lot during matches and escaping, or I just got hit trying to body block someone getting carried to the basement, or perhaps I took a hit so the killer might be incentivized to go after me instead of tunneling person X.

    With botany it's basically healing at 83% so not much slower than getting healed by someone else. Also healing others 33% faster is very useful. Lots of clutch moments where I just managed to finish the heal right when the killer was coming back, both when healing after an unhook, and on a slug. Without Botany they would have had probably have went down again, or not gotten picked up off the ground in time.

    Sometimes I rely on medkits, or try inner strength. Inner Strength is really good, but sucks when more than one person runs it in most cases. You might get one use out of it, maybe two if your lucky. The reason I like Self Care is far too often I run out of medkits or totems, and have to rely on teammates. Or I could bring my self care and botony, and save my item slot for other things like...toolboxes mostly. And I can say go save them instead of healing me, I can just heal myself.

    I however...do not run Self Care without Botany 9 times out of 10. It's far too slow. I'd rather just bring a med kit at that point and risk not being able to heal myself at a later point.

    I coulda swore nothing speeds up self care healing though. What perk build do you usually run with self care and botany?

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940046#Comment_940046

    I coulda swore nothing speeds up self care healing though. What perk build do you usually run with self care and botany?

    It deff speeds up Self Care. I would have ran Balanced Landing, but after the nerf it's dead to me unless I know the map before hand. Usually it's Self Care, Botany Knowledge, Lithe, and Borrowed Time.

    But I don't always run Self Care, and Botany. Sometimes I'll swap those two perks for Unbreakable, and Decisive Strike, and just bring a medkit. It's up to my mood. But the above build is slowly becoming my favorite. I don't honestly trust myself to not be healed when a chase is about to start, because them hitboxes the killers have are insane sometimes.

  • I rarely use SC, but when I do, I make some plays like 99'ing the SC throw a pallet and ez instaheal.

  • Nothing hurts my soul more than being on the hook and seeing two people self caring near each other. Most of the time they can't self care in time to save me or the killer shows up and snacks them after a 30 second heal. Self care is a hindrance to the team

  • @LemeTheMeme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/939722#Comment_939722

    When I play Blendette, I never use it. Such a waste of time. 32 seconds is almost half of a gen!

    You're not a true blendette if you're doing gens. Be less useful and you shall ascend to true blendette status!

  • I do in Purple ranks. And I have Bond.

    Too many times back in Yellow and Green ranks, nobody would come and heal me. It's more of an insurance thing than being a critical part of my playstyle.

  • I don't actually use it unless I'm being altruistic and need to be able to take another hit. It's equipped on a couple of my survivors though.

  • So glad you decided to abbreviate Self Care into SC. You do know that Spine Chill has the same initials? I was about to get so offended because Spine Chill is honestly S tier.

  • @dkyguy1995 said:

    Nothing hurts my soul more than being on the hook and seeing two people self caring near each other. Most of the time they can't self care in time to save me or the killer shows up and snacks them after a 30 second heal. Self care is a hindrance to the team

    That sounds like they don’t know when to use it, I’ll save people while injured even when I run sc.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    So glad you decided to abbreviate Self Care into SC. You do know that Spine Chill has the same initials? I was about to get so offended because Spine Chill is honestly S tier.

    I totally forgot lmao, but yeah, I'm glad everyone understood it was self care!

  • I use it. I normally will be the one getting chased for a bit before being left alone for the amount of time to self care before returning to being chased.

1 2 ›