This Game is Way too Easy for Killers

I remember 3 years ago. The game was new and so much fun. There were so many pallets, and infinites in the game, and killers still managed to own survivors. Now sadly, enough killers who are garbage at the game, took to reddit and cried. They cried, and cried, and cried until the devs gave them just what they wanted. They took away more than half of the pallets and removed a bunch of windows, and even made healing take longer.

Now I play killer and survivor, but killer a LOT more. You can even check the leaderboards. I'm 2nd in the world in survivors killed and like top 50 in survivors sacrificed. I really miss the challenge. I mean, I understand them taking away infinites and some pallets. But they took away WAY too many pallets. I get that they're trying to make the game easier for new killers but you guys chased away a lot of OG players, and that kinda sucks. Even myself, I play this game less and less.

A simple fix would be to add back more pallets in tiles where they should be. It's really annoying when there aren't pallets where there normally should be. Also add more tiles. Many maps are extremely empty with nothing to use.

I love DBD and I want it to succeed. I really do.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/939679#Comment_939679

    Wait times and ######### games. Just unistalled. See ya!

    How does that make it killer favored? That has zero to do with the gameplay.

  • @Jonny said:

    I remember 3 years ago. The game was new and so much fun. There were so many pallets, and infinites in the game, and killers still managed to own survivors. Now sadly, enough killers who are garbage at the game, took to reddit and cried. They cried, and cried, and cried until the devs gave them just what they wanted. They took away more than half of the pallets and removed a bunch of windows, and even made healing take longer.

    Now I play killer and survivor, but killer a LOT more. You can even check the leaderboards. I'm 2nd in the world in survivors killed and like top 50 in survivors sacrificed. I really miss the challenge. I mean, I understand them taking away infinites and some pallets. But they took away WAY too many pallets. I get that they're trying to make the game easier for new killers but you guys chased away a lot of OG players, and that kinda sucks. Even myself, I play this game less and less.

    A simple fix would be to add back more pallets in tiles where they should be. It's really annoying when there aren't pallets where there normally should be. Also add more tiles. Many maps are extremely empty with nothing to use.

    I love DBD and I want it to succeed. I really do.

    I agree. Killer is easy.


    And the mechanics are dumb. Killer can dowb you at any point on the map, but for survivors you can juke and loop killer ONLY SPECIFIED LOCATIONS.


    You're not at X location? Guess you're dead to killer. Oh you have to run 50 ft to get to the loop, thank god they made it impossible to get to because of killers like Spirit, Nurse and Billy who can run you down across the map instantly.


    The game for survivors is beyond frustrating. Only games you can win in solos is versus below average killers. If they're average or above, you will most likely lose.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/939781#Comment_939781

    The point was not that I am some killer god. It's quite the opposite. It's that I'm over-performing as killer.

    You're not though.

    Because rank 10 is literally nothing

    Not only that, but rank, for the last damn time, does not equate to skill.

  • @Jonny said:

    I remember 3 years ago. The game was new and so much fun. There were so many pallets, and infinites in the game, and killers still managed to own survivors. Now sadly, enough killers who are garbage at the game, took to reddit and cried. They cried, and cried, and cried until the devs gave them just what they wanted. They took away more than half of the pallets and removed a bunch of windows, and even made healing take longer.

    Now I play killer and survivor, but killer a LOT more. You can even check the leaderboards. I'm 2nd in the world in survivors killed and like top 50 in survivors sacrificed. I really miss the challenge. I mean, I understand them taking away infinites and some pallets. But they took away WAY too many pallets. I get that they're trying to make the game easier for new killers but you guys chased away a lot of OG players, and that kinda sucks. Even myself, I play this game less and less.

    A simple fix would be to add back more pallets in tiles where they should be. It's really annoying when there aren't pallets where there normally should be. Also add more tiles. Many maps are extremely empty with nothing to use.

    I love DBD and I want it to succeed. I really do.

    There is some truth to what you're saying. The devs are at fault at the end of the day, but it couldn't be any more obvious that they cater to killers. Killers are always complaining about gen rushing (which isn't a thing because it's the survivors main objective) and there was a guy on here saying ruin should basically be a default on all killers......And yet today I had a Freddy that had Ruin, PopGTW, Thanatobia and BBQC + blood spots and some green add-on that causes survivors to heal slower and no one escaped - but that's fair in the eyes of killers! Not to mention how quickly he was teleporting across the map AND his ridiculously broken lunge that's like 5 meters long! But "kEyS nEeD tO bE nErFeD" - that's right, kill the fan base so games take even longer to get in to, but don't worry. This game will be old news when they next gen consoles drops :D

  • @OhSkipper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/938494#Comment_938494

    LMAO. do you really think its a challenge to reach rank 1 killer LOL. killer is so ez, i had not played killer in a few months i went from rank 17 to rank 1 within a few days. its on my twitch profile if you want to take a look. survivors are too predictable and just trash 90 percent of the time. I went against 1 maybe 2 squads that actually sorta gave me a challenge ( in ironworks ) i literally do not get why killers dodge swf like if swf are automatically better. yes if youre a god survivor you can take over a game, but if you get hooked its probably game over for the rest of your team if they dont crank all the gens before you get hooked. killer is to easy, and if you dont think so youre probably just a trash can that doesnt use any logic or mind games, and if you do try to mind game you probably mind game yourself. im not saying buff survivors and give them more pallets like OP is saying but if you really think getting to rank 1 killer is hard you probably are just no good lol. i play both survivor 50/50 and i enjoy both equally. Also, nerf NOED, if you use NOED on any killer your just admitting your a trashcan, yea you can cleanse the totems but youre still admiting your trash at the game by equipting a crutch perk. Remove the haste or remove the exposed effect. good killers dont need NOED, and it hinders your growth.

    Let me guess, you played bubba without perks all the time. Easy peasy no problem for a god like you all survivors are trash anyway.

    I agree on NOED tho. .)

  • @FJSJ_Lunar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/939875#Comment_939875

    You're not though.

    Because rank 10 is literally nothing

    Not only that, but rank, for the last damn time, does not equate to skill.

    Rank 10 is not literally nothing. Due to how ranks work right now, rank 10 places me with 4 rank 5 - 10 survivors. If I am able to get better than 2 kills on average per game I am over performing. And that's just adding to my point. Killers have gotten used to easy kills. You know that you got to rank 10 easily as well. You were also able to pub stomp survivors. Which just proves my point even more. Killer is to easy.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Wait. How can you be 2nd in the world in "survivors killed" but only top 50 in "survivors sacrificed"?

    How many mori's are you using?

    I have no idea bro. I had no idea there was a leaderboard until my friend showed me. I use a mori occasionally.

  • @Jonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/938415#Comment_938415

    I have no idea bro. I had no idea there was a leaderboard until my friend showed me. I use a mori occasionally.

    There is no leaderboard. Anything your friend showed you is unofficial and probably incorrect.

  • This game has leaderboards?

  • Okay so I don't really use these forums that much, but here I've learned a lot:

    1. This community is very toxic and unprogressive. I fear that the devs are taking the game in this terrible direction because this horrible community is forcing them to and also because of the addition of console players, they have to balance the game for them too and balancing between PC and console has always been and issue, however especially in assymetrical MP games.
    2. About 99% believe that they are right in whatever they say instead of looking at facts and logic put forward towards them. Example is that someone called me bad at survivor so I uploaded a video proving that I am actually decent at survivor and people still want to claim that I'm bad when I'm clearly not.
    3. Keep in mind that I am on PC. This game, on PC, is extremely killer sided, and I can't say the same for console players since I know that aiming is a bit more challenging on console.

    I have over 2k hours in this game, and I'm ranked very high on the leaderboard in killer related categories and BP earned. Therefore my skill level or experience is not even questionable at this point. My genuine concern is the health for this game and proper balance. This game has been going on a wayward path for a while now and I hate to see most of the OGs left because of it.

    However seeing how toxic and less than intelligent people on these forums are, this will probably be my last post on here.

    And yes, there are leaderboards in this game for Steam users. I haven't checked them in awhile but the same website also shows you killers currently queued up, as well as other useful information.

  • @Jonny said:

    Okay so I don't really use these forums that much, but here I've learned a lot:

    1. This community is very toxic and unprogressive. I fear that the devs are taking the game in this terrible direction because this horrible community is forcing them to and also because of the addition of console players, they have to balance the game for them too and balancing between PC and console has always been and issue, however especially in assymetrical MP games.
    2. About 99% believe that they are right in whatever they say instead of looking at facts and logic put forward towards them. Example is that someone called me bad at survivor so I uploaded a video proving that I am actually decent at survivor and people still want to claim that I'm bad when I'm clearly not.
    3. Keep in mind that I am on PC. This game, on PC, is extremely killer sided, and I can't say the same for console players since I know that aiming is a bit more challenging on console.

    I have over 2k hours in this game, and I'm ranked very high on the leaderboard in killer related categories and BP earned. Therefore my skill level or experience is not even questionable at this point. My genuine concern is the health for this game and proper balance. This game has been going on a wayward path for a while now and I hate to see most of the OGs left because of it.

    However seeing how toxic and less than intelligent people on these forums are, this will probably be my last post on here.

    And yes, there are leaderboards in this game for Steam users. I haven't checked them in awhile but the same website also shows you killers currently queued up, as well as other useful information.

    This would have so much more credit if you actually posted a link to said leaderboards

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/939938#Comment_939938

    Rank 10 is not literally nothing. Due to how ranks work right now, rank 10 places me with 4 rank 5 - 10 survivors. If I am able to get better than 2 kills on average per game I am over performing. And that's just adding to my point. Killers have gotten used to easy kills. You know that you got to rank 10 easily as well. You were also able to pub stomp survivors. Which just proves my point even more. Killer is to easy.

    The bitter reality is that most experienced killers 3k-4k easily 70 out of 100 games but all they remember is the 30 games they lost rather than the 70 games they dominated because losing as killer feels awful in DBD due to the fact human psychology takes a loss way too seriously (on average) if you're losing to a group of people (some people can't even take a loss in 1 v 1 games) especially if said group bullies the solo person (killer) throughout the match for around 10 minutes and acts rude afterwards (I don't care about childish players [since most childish players are ACTUAL children] but I know for a fact MOST people do).

    If you lose as survivor it's easier to just move on since you're just 1 out of 4 anyways so no one really cares.


    Some people may dislike the following comparison but psychologically it's the same result. Play a match of Fortnite's 100 people mode or whatever it's called where everyone goes against each other. Now get killed at the start of the match. Question: Do you care?

  • Ok i found it

    Btw if you don't want people to be toxic to you, don't be toxic in the first place

    There was no reason to be rude

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Ok i found it

    Btw if you don't want people to be toxic to you, don't be toxic in the first place

    There was no reason to be rude

    The game may be too easy for him, but it seems like the forums were too difficult.

    Bad End

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/938494#Comment_938494

    Do you know what percentage of players who have installed dead by daylight get to rank 10?

    It's 10 percent.

    In 2 days, I was able to play and win against people who have hundreds and in some cases over a thousand hours in the game. IN 2 DAYS!

    You can see the entitlement that killers have when they feel they should be able to easily stomp survivors who have much more experience than them. I've likely hit my proper rank at rank 10 with pig and I doubt I'll get much higher.

    Balance is not me easily getting to rank 1 as killer because BHVR gives me an insta-win button.

    At the moment ranks 20-8~ is where people that are very casual or realtively new to the game stay.

    You won't rank up that fast if you reach higher rank but it's still a matter of how much time do you spend in a game.

    Now, ranks don't necessarily mean skill of a player. You still rank up even if you do badly so rank themselves are not that meaningful unless you hold on to rank 1 because that means you actually have to win every game to keep it.

    Also as a 2nd killer in ranking you provided a proof of you play survivor so... yea.

  • @Jonny said:

    Okay so I don't really use these forums that much, but here I've learned a lot:

    1. This community is very toxic and unprogressive. I fear that the devs are taking the game in this terrible direction because this horrible community is forcing them to and also because of the addition of console players, they have to balance the game for them too and balancing between PC and console has always been and issue, however especially in assymetrical MP games.
    2. About 99% believe that they are right in whatever they say instead of looking at facts and logic put forward towards them. Example is that someone called me bad at survivor so I uploaded a video proving that I am actually decent at survivor and people still want to claim that I'm bad when I'm clearly not.
    3. Keep in mind that I am on PC. This game, on PC, is extremely killer sided, and I can't say the same for console players since I know that aiming is a bit more challenging on console.

    I have over 2k hours in this game, and I'm ranked very high on the leaderboard in killer related categories and BP earned. Therefore my skill level or experience is not even questionable at this point. My genuine concern is the health for this game and proper balance. This game has been going on a wayward path for a while now and I hate to see most of the OGs left because of it.

    However seeing how toxic and less than intelligent people on these forums are, this will probably be my last post on here.

    And yes, there are leaderboards in this game for Steam users. I haven't checked them in awhile but the same website also shows you killers currently queued up, as well as other useful information.

    I love that you love to point out that "About 99% believe that they are right in whatever they say instead of looking at facts and logic put forward towards them." while doing the same thing yourself.

    Get off that high horse my man. How is that toxic actually? I don't see anything that looks toxic in this thread(I may have missed some messages) and if you think disagreeing with you makes people toxic then I sure as hell am toxic.

  • @Jonny said:

    I remember 3 years ago. The game was new and so much fun. There were so many pallets, and infinites in the game, and killers still managed to own survivors. Now sadly, enough killers who are garbage at the game, took to reddit and cried. They cried, and cried, and cried until the devs gave them just what they wanted. They took away more than half of the pallets and removed a bunch of windows, and even made healing take longer.

    Now I play killer and survivor, but killer a LOT more. You can even check the leaderboards. I'm 2nd in the world in survivors killed and like top 50 in survivors sacrificed. I really miss the challenge. I mean, I understand them taking away infinites and some pallets. But they took away WAY too many pallets. I get that they're trying to make the game easier for new killers but you guys chased away a lot of OG players, and that kinda sucks. Even myself, I play this game less and less.

    A simple fix would be to add back more pallets in tiles where they should be. It's really annoying when there aren't pallets where there normally should be. Also add more tiles. Many maps are extremely empty with nothing to use.

    I love DBD and I want it to succeed. I really do.

    Untitled Image


  • Guess @JonnyNumba3 used DS. Never mind the 60s timer ran out.

  • @Elvenmonk said:

    Aren't the stats at a near 50% win rate for both? (I think it is 55&45)

    Also, if you didn't drop pallets so much you'd do better

    Only 40% average survival rate. At least, it was a few months ago. I imagine it's a little lower now.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/939938#Comment_939938

    Rank 10 is not literally nothing. Due to how ranks work right now, rank 10 places me with 4 rank 5 - 10 survivors. If I am able to get better than 2 kills on average per game I am over performing. And that's just adding to my point. Killers have gotten used to easy kills. You know that you got to rank 10 easily as well. You were also able to pub stomp survivors. Which just proves my point even more. Killer is to easy.

    Sure, chief lmao

  • he tried really hard with that bait...

  • Hold up. Playing killer is easier? I must've missed that memo in red ranks and high purple ranks.

    If you assume abusing broken loops gave the game skill, then I'm sorry you're mistaken. Using an area with 3+ windows, that didn't get blocked no matter how many times you vaulted it. Always had fast vaults instead of what we have now, slow, medium and fast.

    I'll be the first to admit that I'm not even that great on survivor, but I've managed to loop spirit. Juke a nurse. And make an oni learn to hate certain loops. Once you know how to loop and mind game as a survivor, you see how killer isn't that strong.

    Let's also not forget there are still god loops along with pallets killers can't even mind game with. So, please tell me how again this is because of killers? It's from bad map designs. But hey, remember back when there were insta blind flashlights? So you just want this game to be sided for survivors and not killers. Hmm

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940580#Comment_940580

    This would have so much more credit if you actually posted a link to said leaderboards

    He posted that gameplay video that shows him wasting pallets.

    That's all you need

  • So get better then as a survivor. It's all about practice no need to make a thread about how good killers are. Killers are good because they play a lot and learn the game. There are lot's of good survivors also you never hear them complain.

  • i thought u were talking about survivors. and unless u play in yellow ranks the comment has no sense.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    You're bad with survivor apparently. I'm sorry.

    LOUDDERRRR

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/939679#Comment_939679

    Wait times and ######### games. Just unistalled. See ya!

    Don't know if someone allready answered this?

    But yeah the waiting times on console for survivor are long, the reason why that is, is because there are more survivors than killers.

    Playing survivor is a walk in the park when you get the hang of it (yeah got to rank 1 several times running no mither, no items or even not running any perks).

    When you play it a bit more you get so many perks that can waste so much time of a killer.

    At the beginning of the game, the killers look like they are very strong.

    Yet, if you get to purple and reds, the most are so easy to counter and a few needs better reads and/or different way of thinking and taking loops.

    Trust me i play both sides on ps4 since the day it released on console, and it was pretty overwhelming as survivor, till i knew how to use loops and when and when not to use pallets.

    You'll get better at it when you play it a bit more 😉

  • @GoddamnBananas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/938464#Comment_938464

    Only 40% average survival rate. At least, it was a few months ago. I imagine it's a little lower now.

    If I'm not mistaken, that's a general number with all ranks combined right?

    Im more interested to see them showing the actual numbers per rank colour instead of a combined number.

    That way we will get to see a difference on what ranks it's easy as killer and where as survivor (eventhough the purple and reds will allready know it).

    But. I'm pretty sure the devs won't do that for whatever reason (maybe afraid to show the actual numbers?).

  • I don't like being rude but you're most likely the survivor that would early pallet instead of looping, then complain after wards why there's no pallets on the map.

    There's enough pallets to get you through the game as long as you do the objectives, also stealth is a thing, you can easily hide away from the killer if you hide far from the location he heard or gen or urban evasion around a rock to stay hidden,

    Watch some videos online to get better at the game.

1 2 ›