Deep wound timer

So i know the devs have said they are okay with deep wounds now and for the most part, i am too

There's just one little thing that still bugs me

Now that you can bassicly stop the timer on demand there is really no reason for it being 30 seconds

A survivor now can run to a gen, do about 1/4 of it before they need to mend, 2 survivors can do half a gen

That doesn't really seem intended right?

My suggestion would be to make it 3-5 seconds but refresh when you start running or mending again

That way you won't be doing anything meaningfull untill you mended

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • Deep wounds is so pointless right now devs really messed up with this change. It is easy to stop bleeding and mending is so fast now. You have soooo long to just let it bleed, really big crutch for survivors.

  • Eh, I think mend is fine, doing a gen while in DW doesn't really add up to much as they have to mend after the gen anyways and they also prevent themselves from healing.

  • It can't be much shorter than about 15 sec, or Madness 3 would be really unfair. If you're in M3, you must Snap Out Of It before you can mend.

    Yes that's intentional, and yes we plan to keep that.

  • @Almo said:

    It can't be much shorter than about 15 sec, or Madness 3 would be really unfair. If you're in M3, you must Snap Out Of It before you can mend.

    Yes that's intentional, and yes we plan to keep that.

    Aah right i didn't think about that

    Once again shows that every change has such a big impact in this game

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935394#Comment_935394

    Aah right i didn't think about that

    Once again shows that every change has such a big impact in this game

    It's a really tricky beast to manage! But worth the effort. I say that as a player, not just as a developer. :)

  • Timer still goes down when vaulting.

  • @Almo said:

    It can't be much shorter than about 15 sec, or Madness 3 would be really unfair. If you're in M3, you must Snap Out Of It before you can mend.

    Yes that's intentional, and yes we plan to keep that.

    Heyo, Almo!

    Couldn't you make Deep Wounds based on distance to the killer, then make survivors unable to discern how much time they have left on their Deep Wound meter?

    I think this could go a long way because survivors won't know how much time they have left, which can make Deep Wounds dangerous if you try to do some risky plays! 😁🤗

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935446#Comment_935446

    It's a really tricky beast to manage! But worth the effort. I say that as a player, not just as a developer. :)

    *Spends entire game teabagging and flashlight clicking a dev*

    Next patch unresolved bug:

    Flashlights are spawning in survivor's rectums. No ETA on fix.

  • The only thing I have with deep wounds is the killer not being able to see it go down. There isn’t a reason they shouldn’t see it to begin with tbh. It makes Frank’s Mix Tape and Deep Wounds Study a guessing game and doesn’t help with locating survivors. You don’t know if they’re just mending on the spot, out of your TR, in your TR, or running. If you could see it, you can determine if they’re bleeding out (out of your TR) or not bleeding (in your TR, running, or mending). It’s a simple thing but a nice QoL.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935394#Comment_935394

    Heyo, Almo!

    Couldn't you make Deep Wounds based on distance to the killer, then make survivors unable to discern how much time they have left on their Deep Wound meter?

    I think this could go a long way because survivors won't know how much time they have left, which can make Deep Wounds dangerous if you try to do some risky plays! 😁🤗

    Part of the reason they changed it was because the timer pausing while in the terror radius gave the killer in particular basically free Whispers. The same problem would come up if the timer were distance-based, I fear.

  • It should be pretty clear by now that Deep Wound is not meant to be used to the killer advantage by finding ways to force the timer to go down. Its purely meant to distract and waste the survivors time. Fine.

    So why does Frank's Mix Tape and Stab Wound Study still exist in their current form ?

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/936202#Comment_936202

    Part of the reason they changed it was because the timer pausing while in the terror radius gave the killer in particular basically free Whispers. The same problem would come up if the timer were distance-based, I fear.

    Fibi, we already discussed this on one of my Legion ideas, remember? 😁🤗


    I'll jog your memory for you!


    Let's assume Deep Wounds pause when you're within 24 meters to the killer.


    If the killer could see the time left on the survivor's Deep Wound meter, they don't know whether or not the survivor is mending or is within 24 meters to them. Therefore, the killer wouldn't be getting a lot of information if they could see the survivor's Deep Wound meter pause.

    If the survivor could see the time left on their Deep Wound meter, that's when it could be used as a Whispers since they know whether or not they are mending. Therefore, if they aren't mending and they see their Deep Wound meter pause, the only explanation left is that the killer is within 24 meters to them. That's why I suggested survivors shouldn't be able to see the time left on their Deep Wound meter since Deep Wounds is based on distance to the killer.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/936231#Comment_936231

    Fibi, we already discussed this on one of my Legion ideas, remember? 😁🤗

    I'll jog your memory for you!

    Let's assume Deep Wounds pause when you're within 24 meters to the killer.

    If the killer could see the time left on the survivor's Deep Wound meter, they don't know whether or not the survivor is mending or is within 24 meters to them. Therefore, the killer wouldn't be getting a lot of information if they could see the survivor's Deep Wound meter pause.

    If the survivor could see the time left on their Deep Wound meter, that's when it could be used as a Whispers since they know whether or not they are mending. Therefore, if they aren't mending and they see their Deep Wound meter pause, the only explanation left is that the killer is within 24 meters to them. That's why I suggested survivors shouldn't be able to see the time left on their Deep Wound meter since Deep Wounds is based on distance to the killer.

    Yeah, you're right, we did come to that conclusion when we last discussed it. In fact, I think that was a point I made at the time! I must be getting old 😋

  • All of me just feels like this whole tangled up issue would be so much easier if Feral Frenzy and Borrowed Time didn't use the same debuff. We get so many issues because you can't change one without affecting the other, usually buffing and nerfing in the incorrect direction.

    I know it's technically a decent buff, but would it really hurt if BT just had an endurance hit like MoM, no Deep Wounds? How often does it matter? 9 times out of 10 the killer chases the person who just got Deep Wounded anyway, and since running pauses it now nobody is ever going to go down to it in a situation they wouldn't have anyway. If it triggers in the endgame, they're guaranteed to get to the exit gate without the Deep Wound timer being the deciding factor.

    After that any balance changes to Legion can then JUST be about Legion, no "that sounds good but what about Borrowed Time against Doctor" or "We wanted to change Borrowed Time so Legion just got nerfed for no real reason."

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935446#Comment_935446

    It's a really tricky beast to manage! But worth the effort. I say that as a player, not just as a developer. :)

    What if deep wounds had the same debuff madness tier 3 has?

    That you can't work on gens untill mended?

    Or do you think it's not really an issue?

    Not a lot of people seem to realise now but when they do the last generators are insanly hard to defend as Legion

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935446#Comment_935446

    It's a really tricky beast to manage! But worth the effort. I say that as a player, not just as a developer. :)

    But you're talking about the Borrowed Time Deep Wound that gives you 20 seconds to mend on tier 3, Legion can't give madness, so it wouldn't be an issue to make their bleed out timer last for 5 seconds instead of 30 seconds.

  • @katoptris said:

    Timer still goes down when vaulting.

    I know hence why i originally also suggested that the timer reset when you start sprinting or mending

    I just didn't think about the interaction with other killers and borrowed time

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935451#Comment_935451

    But you're talking about the Borrowed Time Deep Wound that gives you 20 seconds to mend on tier 3, Legion can't give madness, so it wouldn't be an issue to make their bleed out timer last for 5 seconds instead of 30 seconds.

    Unless they actually do plan to release 2v8 ofcourse

    2v8 confirmed guys!!!

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935446#Comment_935446

    It's a really tricky beast to manage! But worth the effort. I say that as a player, not just as a developer. :)

    Why not this then?

    Performing actions other than Snapping Out speed up the DW timer.

    Or better yet, nerf BT for once.

  • @Almo said:

    It can't be much shorter than about 15 sec, or Madness 3 would be really unfair. If you're in M3, you must Snap Out Of It before you can mend.

    Yes that's intentional, and yes we plan to keep that.

    Hey I'm real late to this, but how would it being under 15 seconds be unfair? I believe OP is talking about Legion's FF Deep Wound Timer (30 secs) so how would you get Madness 3 against a Legion?

  • @KnifeaToMeetYaXD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935394#Comment_935394

    Hey I'm real late to this, but how would it being under 15 seconds be unfair? I believe OP is talking about Legion's FF Deep Wound Timer (30 secs) so how would you get Madness 3 against a Legion?

    Borrowed time also aplies deep wounds

    So it has to work with every killer

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953287#Comment_953287

    Borrowed time also aplies deep wounds

    So it has to work with every killer

    BT is 20 seconds I believe, but Legion's FF is 30 seconds.

    Since Legion and Doctor aren't the same killer, we can give Legion a buff to their Deep Wounds, reduce the timer by 15 seconds. 😁🤗

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953301#Comment_953301

    BT is 20 seconds I believe, but Legion's FF is 30 seconds.

    Since Legion and Doctor aren't the same killer, we can give Legion a buff to their Deep Wounds, reduce the timer by 15 seconds. 😁🤗

    If it stops survivors from working on gens while in deep wounds that would be great ^-^

  • @Almo said:

    It can't be much shorter than about 15 sec, or Madness 3 would be really unfair. If you're in M3, you must Snap Out Of It before you can mend.

    Yes that's intentional, and yes we plan to keep that.

    Ya know, if the goal is to make Doc less annoying then you might want to reconsider this.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953287#Comment_953287

    Borrowed time also aplies deep wounds

    So it has to work with every killer

    BT is 20 seconds and Legions FF is 30. BT can stay at 20, but Legion's really should be lowered tremendously. 30 seconds is too much time when a survivor has direct control of the timer. I agree BT should stay at 20 seconds for the very rare Doctor occurrence, but that shouldn't affect Legion in any way. I also agree a survivor should be unable to perform actions while Deep Wounded, or should at least perform them much slower.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935451#Comment_935451

    What if deep wounds had the same debuff madness tier 3 has?

    That you can't work on gens untill mended?

    Or do you think it's not really an issue?

    Not a lot of people seem to realise now but when they do the last generators are insanly hard to defend as Legion

    Make legion doc 2.0? Sounds good lmao

  • I agree it should be 20 not 30.

  • I feel a better potential way to make people stop doing other stuff before mending is to simply block certain actions while in DW. Obviously stuff like snapping out of T3 madness should be possible, perhaps unhooking as well (as you can unhook in T3 madness anyway) but not stuff like doing gens, breaking totems, healing others and so on.

  • @oxygen said:

    I feel a better potential way to make people stop doing other stuff before mending is to simply block certain actions while in DW. Obviously stuff like snapping out of T3 madness should be possible, perhaps unhooking as well (as you can unhook in T3 madness anyway) but not stuff like doing gens, breaking totems, healing others and so on.

    I don't know anyone who decides to do a gen or totem before mending. Even if they did, it would rarely (if ever) make an impact that would justify nerfing it.

  • How would Legion be doctor 2.0 if people can't work gens while in deep wounds?

    That's everything, no snapping out or anything like that

  • @Almo said:

    It can't be much shorter than about 15 sec, or Madness 3 would be really unfair. If you're in M3, you must Snap Out Of It before you can mend.

    Yes that's intentional, and yes we plan to keep that.

    So than change that. Make it so you can mend before snapping out and change the timer to a maximum of 10 seconds. Really regret buying The Legion because I rarely even use The Legions ability anymore when I play as them because it’s pretty useless unless I am playing against rank 20-18 survivors.

  • @Almo said:

    It can't be much shorter than about 15 sec, or Madness 3 would be really unfair. If you're in M3, you must Snap Out Of It before you can mend.

    Yes that's intentional, and yes we plan to keep that.

    It seems like running though is such a counterless play. The survivor dosen't have to do anything out of the oridinary to keep deep wounds up, and aside from the doctor, it dosen't really seem to have much affect on the game. 12-8 seconds is and isn't a huge time, and really only is if its spread over multiple survivors, generally at least 3. I just don't understand why you can't allow some builds to take advantage of Deep wounds?

  • @RomanCSM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/935394#Comment_935394

    So than change that. Make it so you can mend before snapping out and change the timer to a maximum of 10 seconds. Really regret buying The Legion because I rarely even use The Legions ability anymore when I play as them because it’s pretty useless unless I am playing against rank 20-18 survivors.

    Why have you necro'd this thread from 2019?

  • Strange to necro a thread abour an issue that gets fixed next patch