Otz and tru3

So I'm curious if anyone has watched their 2 videos responding to each other and if so what you're thoughts are personally I thought true did a better job of defending his point

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • If your going with Nemesis, I'd recommend just using Judith's journal and j Myers memorial. You'd be able to hit T3 after stalking the obsession for like 2 seconds, allowing you to hit it often.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/916031#Comment_916031

    Is Wraith really at the center of it though, or is it more about playing to pip vs playing to 3-4K, how the difference in mentality affects tier/viability lists, and how the ranking system should be changed, if it at all? And if so...why isn't the discussion centered on the flaws of the ranking system and how a game as RNG as DbD could possibly track a player's own personal skill and reflect that ingame in a way that's both meaningful to the player and impactful with matchmaking?

    Damn that comment was so insightful I'm crying rn

  • I agree with Otz. It really just comes down to your definition of winning. Otz definition of winning is 3-4k in a game. Tru3's is pipping.

    I personally thinking pipping is a poor way to determine a victory, even though he states that it is playing how the game wants you to play. However the game told me to kill 4 survivors, so I went into a game with the meme build that is infinite tomb stone Myers, played the way those add-ons wanted me to play them. Stalked the survivors got my tier 3 and then proceeded to kill everyone. I got a 4k. I got a trophy, I also De-pipped. This is clearly an issue with the emblem system being flawed. Which is why I'd never use it to count it as winning at least to me.

    My definition of winning as killer is, kill 3-4 survivors. As survivor, if I'm solo it's escaping. Surviving with friends I actually count it as a win if the majority of the team escapes. It's a bonus if I also escape.

    Tru3 basically thinks because most killers can't guarantee a pip that they are not viable in red ranks. I will also counter that you can't guarantee a pip as survivor in Red Ranks either. Especially if you spawn into a game and before you even get a chance to be familiar with your surroundings a Mori wielding camping killer comes along and says they want you dead so your game is over the moment he eventually catches you. Using his logic neither side is viable. Which is why I go with Otz, and my own definition of winning. And because of this...just about any killer is strong. I know they are in my hands lol

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/915607#Comment_915607

    I don't think that's quite right.

    Tru3 is a very talented player. The problem is, he mixes his own ability with the Killer's power.

    Otz is almost as talented, coming from a similar gaming background. Otz really gets the core of the game.

    I would put Otz ahead of Tru3 in the skills department, but that's just me.

  • @pemberley said:

    I think people shouldn’t put such heavy stock into what streamers say and form their own opinions and thoughts first. There’s such a creepy undercurrent of people just repeating and following what streamers say like mindless sheep and following what they do like some weird cult. Like seriously, Otz or Tru3 says something and then mysteriously everyone else starts repeating it. Or like in Otz’s case, he just smiles and laughs and people go “uwu marry me Otzichan uwu!”

    These are just regular people playing in front of a screen, they don’t have some magical authority because they play to an audience and they might be good at the game.

    Amen.

  • @pemberley said:

    I think people shouldn’t put such heavy stock into what streamers say and form their own opinions and thoughts first. There’s such a creepy undercurrent of people just repeating and following what streamers say like mindless sheep and following what they do like some weird cult. Like seriously, Otz or Tru3 says something and then mysteriously everyone else starts repeating it. Or like in Otz’s case, he just smiles and laughs and people go “uwu marry me Otzichan uwu!”

    These are just regular people playing in front of a screen, they don’t have some magical authority because they play to an audience and they might be good at the game.

    I both agree and disagree with this to an extent. On one hand, people should figure out their own strengths and playstyles without mindlessly following someone else, but on the other hand...people like tru3 and otz - they, for the most part, play DBD for a living. They have more experience in it than most people who play, streamer or not. So to say that they aren't a good source of information and a more valuable source of direction than trial and error at times is foolish.

    Same goes with streamers like ANGRYPUG and JenDenise on the survivor side. Whether or not you like them or their style, you can't sit there and say their ridiculous amount of experience and wisdom in how to play isn't extremely valuable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I guess my question is: What's the end goal with this debate?

    I'd like to see this conversation continue forward into other killers, more streamers, more opinions up until the breaking point.

    At which the devs will finally clarify what constitutes a win and adjust the ranking system to accurately measure a player's success at achieving that win.

    THEN moving forward to balance the game according to this new ranking system creating a truly balanced game that rewards skill and isn't content with creating deliberately frustrating situations within their game.

    The good frustration, not the bad frustration that Mcote has talked about in the interview with King.

    Bring on more debates and dialog about how this game feels to play and these disagreements that are caused by the devs themselves.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/915620#Comment_915620

    I would put Otz ahead of Tru3 in the skills department, but that's just me.

    I don't think so. Otz is mega talented, but Tru3 is just a prodigy.

    It doesn't help his ego, but he has been getting better about that.

    Otz is a strategist at heart, he takes a while, but once he figures it out, oh boy; he gets it.

  • Going to lock this now. Thanks to those of you who heeded the warning that I put on this thread in particular and discussed the topic sensibly and civilly, sadly there were a fair few that were unable to do this - and as I've had to delete a lot of those posts, I have no choice but to lock this topic.

1 2 ›