Give us a spider killer please!!!

I know it's off topic, but holy balls, who saw the spider from last year? Now that thing is TERRIFYING! Cmon behavior, show them who's king!

Comments

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    I know it's off topic, but holy balls, who saw the spider from last year? Now that thing is TERRIFYING! Cmon behavior, show them who's king!

    I mean, Plague created a lot of backlash with Emetophobes (fear of puking), a spider killer would be really fun, but the Arachnophobes would be screaming.

    personally, I love the idea! Make them like half human, half spider, and that would make for a cool killer. Also, I’m intrigued on how they would create a power for it!

  • @LemeTheMeme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112490/give-us-a-spider-killer-please

    I mean, Plague created a lot of backlash with Emetophobes (fear of puking), a spider killer would be really fun, but the Arachnophobes would be screaming.

    personally, I love the idea! Make them like half human, half spider, and that would make for a cool killer. Also, I’m intrigued on how they would create a power for it!

    We already crossed that bridge with Coulrophobia. :P

  • It would be cool if dbd was scary again. Demo was scary for like 60 seconds 😂

  • @LemeTheMeme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112490/give-us-a-spider-killer-please

    I mean, Plague created a lot of backlash with Emetophobes (fear of puking), a spider killer would be really fun, but the Arachnophobes would be screaming.

    personally, I love the idea! Make them like half human, half spider, and that would make for a cool killer. Also, I’m intrigued on how they would create a power for it!

    so I know people would freak out and be afraid but can I ask what the point of a "horror" game is if its not to be scary?

    like yes I know its more serious for those with selected phobias but the game shouldnt be limited due to some people who dont want to get scared by a horror game.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    It would be cool if dbd was scary again. Demo was scary for like 60 seconds 😂

    Dude after watching a few matches on YouTube, that damn spider is straight nightmare fuel, and I have arachnophobia. But I would love something like that as a killer in this. It would definitely raise the scare factor from the 2 it's at now, to a 10. A friggin 10 I tell ya! Lmao

  • @LemeTheMeme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112490/give-us-a-spider-killer-please

    I mean, Plague created a lot of backlash with Emetophobes (fear of puking), a spider killer would be really fun, but the Arachnophobes would be screaming.

    personally, I love the idea! Make them like half human, half spider, and that would make for a cool killer. Also, I’m intrigued on how they would create a power for it!

    I'm terrified of spiders, but in a horror based game, it's different for me. It's more the thrill of the scare than the actual fear of it. That's what DbD needs to breath the horror aspect back into it. We need more killers that use that kind of fear. I freaking hate clowns, and going against the clown is fun because he's so freakin weird

  • @LemeTheMeme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112490/give-us-a-spider-killer-please

    I mean, Plague created a lot of backlash with Emetophobes (fear of puking), a spider killer would be really fun, but the Arachnophobes would be screaming.

    personally, I love the idea! Make them like half human, half spider, and that would make for a cool killer. Also, I’m intrigued on how they would create a power for it!

    ITS A HORROR GAME!

    Who wouldn't exploit phobias?

    Makes fear!

  • An animated spider would be a nightmare for the game's performance.

  • I'd only want a spider if it ran really really fast. Like, oh god spider fast.

  • The issue with a spider isn't how much it would scare arachnopobes (I have severe coulrophobia, and Clown didn't keep me away). The fact is that it isn't humanoid. Yes, Demogorgon isn't human, but it is humanOID.

    The only way I see a spider killer working is if they cross it with a human, like a Drider or Chitine from D&D.

    Not saying I don't want a spider killer, because it would be really cool. But non-humanoid Killers work with Last Year because their Killers don't have to carry people on their shoulders constantly. Plus, people would go after BHVR claiming they copied Elastic Games, and they don't need that publicity.

  • I mean like we have Nea, who is a killer, who is also the Entity, and the Entity kinda looks like a spider. :P

  • @Heartbound said:

    I'd only want a spider if it ran really really fast. Like, oh god spider fast.

    That would be one of its powers. It could also run on ceilings where available. Imagine that! Someone running insidious, just waiting on the ceiling for someone to walk by. 😱

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    The issue with a spider isn't how much it would scare arachnopobes (I have severe coulrophobia, and Clown didn't keep me away). The fact is that it isn't humanoid. Yes, Demogorgon isn't human, but it is humanOID.

    The only way I see a spider killer working is if they cross it with a human, like a Drider or Chitine from D&D.

    Not saying I don't want a spider killer, because it would be really cool. But non-humanoid Killers work with Last Year because their Killers don't have to carry people on their shoulders constantly. Plus, people would go after BHVR claiming they copied Elastic Games, and they don't need that publicity.

    Closest thing to a spider killer would be like the creatures from dark souls 2

  • I would love this but I'm thinking of a few problems.

    1. Performance issue - actually animating it and how well it would run/cause lag.

    2. Fitting on the map - I'm assuming it would be a giant spider, would this make it difficult to actually traverse the maps, as it will be quite wide? I'm talking about going around tight corners and inside, corridor maps. But I feel if they made the spider smaller it wouldn't be as scary.

    It's a nice idea but I think it's unlikely to happen ☹️ unless it's humanoid spider.

  • I'd be down, especially if it's power can be all about tracking. Don't know how that would work, but it'd be cool

  • They can be more creative then a spider

    Specially with a game releasing a spider killer...

  • I'd love it but doubt it will ever happen.

    All the Killers are Humanoid and probably made very similarly, some of them even share animations.

    A spider wold require making it from scratch. The model would have to be in similar shape to other killers making sure it loops and doesn't clip trough walls and doorways and get stuck if it had a bigger hitbox. and then there's the Gameplay, where would the camera go, you'd need a camera higher than a vault at least so the spider would probably have to be pretty big for that and that brings you back to the shape issue with clipping.

    Basically anything that wouldn't fit in an upright rectangle probably wouldn't work.

  • @LemeTheMeme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112490/give-us-a-spider-killer-please

    I mean, Plague created a lot of backlash with Emetophobes (fear of puking), a spider killer would be really fun, but the Arachnophobes would be screaming.

    personally, I love the idea! Make them like half human, half spider, and that would make for a cool killer. Also, I’m intrigued on how they would create a power for it!

    lol, imagine being phobic of something then complaining when it's present in a horror game.

  • @Lufanati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/915384#Comment_915384

    lol, imagine being phobic of something then complaining when it's present in a horror game.

    I’m just kinda stating that people would get mad... I quite like the idea actually!

  • No, no, no..... now that a spider exists in a game..... bhvr is still the king on the block when it comes to this genre.... they need to do better then a spider.


    And even then.. evolve did a spider and look what happened to that game.

  • dtjvr1-2eedfc38-9b62-4c9f-94f0-a1f2960ddd7f.jpg

    @Bingbongbong said:

    I'd love it but doubt it will ever happen.

    All the Killers are Humanoid and probably made very similarly, some of them even share animations.

    A spider wold require making it from scratch. The model would have to be in similar shape to other killers making sure it loops and doesn't clip trough walls and doorways and get stuck if it had a bigger hitbox. and then there's the Gameplay, where would the camera go, you'd need a camera higher than a vault at least so the spider would probably have to be pretty big for that and that brings you back to the shape issue with clipping.

    Basically anything that wouldn't fit in an upright rectangle probably wouldn't work.

    I think this could work

  • Special powers: ability to crouch and run really fast, and do pounce attacks(similar to pig dash) but is on a cooldown, and can also build web traps that work kinda like trappers traps.

    Perk 1. Gen breaker.

    The ability to regress gens an extra 3% when kicking them. Once 3 are finished, then the ability to 50/75/100% one gen. When at tier 3(100), the next gen kicked will break and can no longer be fixed. Only one use per match.

    Perk 2. Eyes everywhere

    Grants the ability after hooking someone visual aura reading ability within a 8/16/24 meter range for 4 secs.

    Perk 3. Not sure yet

  • @Bingbongbong said:

    I'd love it but doubt it will ever happen.

    All the Killers are Humanoid and probably made very similarly, some of them even share animations.

    A spider wold require making it from scratch. The model would have to be in similar shape to other killers making sure it loops and doesn't clip trough walls and doorways and get stuck if it had a bigger hitbox. and then there's the Gameplay, where would the camera go, you'd need a camera higher than a vault at least so the spider would probably have to be pretty big for that and that brings you back to the shape issue with clipping.

    Basically anything that wouldn't fit in an upright rectangle probably wouldn't work.

    Obviously, it would split the camera view into eighths

  • Well, I am arachnophobic but... I need to get over it. When I was a child I could not even look at the spiders in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, now I can, so it would be ok to overcome my fears.

  • Just make it an actual spider or bug. You're all prepared for the entity and its brutal killers...but none are here. There's just a really big spider that no pallet can squish. Uh oh.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    Well, I am arachnophobic but... I need to get over it. When I was a child I could not even look at the spiders in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, now I can, so it would be ok to overcome my fears.

    Respect. The people that go "Boycott X game until it's removed" tick me off; but I have exceptional respect for people who face their fears it's not easy to do.

  • step 1 make killers based phobias

    step 2 they have to DC vs every killer that gives them anxiety

    step 3 future DC penalty will make them unable to play game

    step 4 pretty good job so far

    imo Emetophobia isnt as popular as arachnophobia

    btw im not afraid of small spiders (i can take small spider from my room and put him outside) but when game has spider that is bigger than my character i feel super bad (couple times when game had too long part with those spiders i quit game, or ignore that part like boss in conan exiles) and i can tell you right now, i would DC or minimalize game and wait to die instead of playing this

    edit: i already know someone with coulrophobia and she has to dc vs every clown sooo if devs wants to add more phobia based killers they have to add some sort of protection (like "i dont want to play vs this killer") ppl play games to chill, not to stress out

  • A spider humanoid killer would be amazing

    And i would buy it instantly

    It doesn't have to be a real spider

    Like a hybrid of spider\human

    Search crypt tv miss annity on youtube

    Something like that

  • No matter what Killers will be, they will always have to interact with Pallets, Windows. Even Nurse's power can deny those but still get into interact to it sometime. A very huge Spider like Last year Nightmare is hardly happen.

    Unlike DBD, Last year game mechanic is mostly build stuff into a shooting game, which is no matter what kind of character will be, it will always work.

  • Plague would be really cool if she had like a 7 plagues type of ability. I want it to rain frogs

  • "Oh shi, a spiderman!"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/916317#Comment_916317

    Respect. The people that go "Boycott X game until it's removed" tick me off; but I have exceptional respect for people who face their fears it's not easy to do.

    Thank you, I appreciate it. Trully.

  • First of all, hell no. I burn spiders, I'm not playing as one.

    Second, they aren't redoing every animation in the game just for a 8-legged killer. They already stated they'll only do bipedial things.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    It would be cool if dbd was scary again. Demo was scary for like 60 seconds 😂

    that things still p scary

  • I would love to see a Spider creature if done well. But I doubt they could get a true animal to work in the game. Just imagine a normal (giant sized) spider trying to hook somebody. Maybe they could cocoon survivors and have the entity get their "hook" in some other way

  • @Galklife said:

    step 1 make killers based phobias

    step 2 they have to DC vs every killer that gives them anxiety

    step 3 future DC penalty will make them unable to play game

    step 4 pretty good job so far

    imo Emetophobia isnt as popular as arachnophobia

    btw im not afraid of small spiders (i can take small spider from my room and put him outside) but when game has spider that is bigger than my character i feel super bad (couple times when game had too long part with those spiders i quit game, or ignore that part like boss in conan exiles) and i can tell you right now, i would DC or minimalize game and wait to die instead of playing this

    edit: i already know someone with coulrophobia and she has to dc vs every clown sooo if devs wants to add more phobia based killers they have to add some sort of protection (like "i dont want to play vs this killer") ppl play games to chill, not to stress out

    I don't think a competitive horror game is meant for chill-out time. People can be phobic of anything anyways, needles, knives, fire, etc...

    There is no legitimate reason to pander to a small group of people that would be upset about something that scares them in a game that is intended to be scary.

  • @Lufanati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/916395#Comment_916395

    I don't think a competitive horror game is meant for chill-out time. People can be phobic of anything anyways, needles, knives, fire, etc...

    There is no legitimate reason to pander to a small group of people that would be upset about something that scares them in a game that is intended to be scary.

    you lost me after claiming dbd is competitive

  • Sorry, but please no. While something spider adjacenct might work I hope they never make a spider killer. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. Phobias aren't just "ooou I'm scared" they are literally defined as adding abnormal amounts of stress. Plus spiders are tropey and a common fear. Hopefully, they can do something a little more original that still scratches that itch for you folks who want it