Will Ormond be getting a rework?
Scratchmarks and auras are hard to see and the map has literally a chain of tiles with pallets linking one tile to another creating one giant maze.
Scratchmarks and auras are hard to see and the map has literally a chain of tiles with pallets linking one tile to another creating one giant maze.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
auras use to be near impossible to see lmao
I've never had a problem with Ormond. It's kinda weird but it is like the THompson house. Ish.
Ormond is balanced by 3 gen potential. Pressure gens right and it's in the bag. The lack of windows on this map mean late game for survivors is even worse. Not the worst map I'd put Haddonfield very far above it and the indoor maps. The maps that are too big definitely need a change too.
I wouldn't say the map lacks windows at all,it's the same as other maps IMO(macmillan,autohaven etc.)
Oh right I said windows instead of T and Ls. It doesn't really make much of a difference.
I love Ormonds, even as killer. It has a lot of potential with Trapper and Hag, it is pretty wide open for the Huntress, Oni,and Billy. And it isn't the biggest of the big maps. I find the maps in the Forest, Mother's and Puke Temple, much more difficult. It is also hard for most survivors to just hide at Ormond. They really pop on that snow.
oh,ur right on that,but for that reason it has those weird maze like tiles :/
I really dont have any problems in that map. The red seems pretty contrasting there to me
I find that if you know your way around they can work for either side. A good killer can path them so the survivor can't safely reach the window while a good survivor can lose LoS and gain some distance while the killer tries to keep track of a window the survivor didn't plan on vaulting. It is weird but I don't see how it can be abused.
Please god I hate it so much.
problem is,they aren't on all maps so to learn their layout it takes more time and their layout is just more complicated while looking at it ingeneral.It does open up spot for more mindgames tho cause of loss of LoS.
Ormond is my favorite map as both survivor and killer. I'm red/green colorblind, so things like bloodtrails and freddy snares are difficult on the other maps, but really pop on Ormond.
Will Hawkins and The Game get a rework?
Bloodtrails are easy to see and the amount of unsafe pallets are ridiculous on these maps.
I'd honestly be fine if they removed all maps that aren't from the original 4 realms. Pretty much every map past that is a bomb for one side or the other and I hate them all.
This one and the Red Forest maps both need to be shrunk down badly like the swamps got. They are way too large to hold pressure on a lot of killers.
Ormond may be large but I haven't had problems maintaining pressure. I think it is in a good spot and there are many other maps to balance, like you said Red Forest
I'm referring to killers without mobility.
Red Forest is worse though.
I main GF and although Ormond is a bad map for me it's not impossible at all.
Someday™
This map is really one of the worst in the game
Never said it was impossible.
Good on ya
I don't think that's even Ormond's biggest problem, it's just FILLED with safe tiles. Like the entire map is a clutter of safe pallets, it's nuts.
That's true as well.