I would have preferred the original version, just because I think he's more intimidating. To me, the Freddy we have kinda just looks like a random guy with a bad skin condition. But I don't mind it so much, since I'm guessing they really wanted the OG Freddy and it was an issue of licensing difficulties more than anything else. If it was a choice between 2010 Freddy and no Freddy at all, it makes sense why we got the chapter we did.
I would have preferred the original version, just because I think he's more intimidating. To me, the Freddy we have kinda just looks like a random guy with a bad skin condition. But I don't mind it so much, since I'm guessing they really wanted the OG Freddy and it was an issue of licensing difficulties more than anything else. If it was a choice between 2010 Freddy and no Freddy at all, it makes sense why we got the chapter we did.
While I prefer the original as everyone else, I won't take away the fact that Jackie Earle Haley can do an insanely dark version of Freddy very well. He is an underrated actor, but sadly when it comes to the 2010 NOES movie, he got screwed over by a garbo script and bad creative writing decisions. Not to mention, they didn't do too good of a job with Freddy's design and skin.
I will always take Robert's Freddy over melty cheese face man any day. I should also echo what @GrandpaBill24 said, that I in no way dislike Jackie, in fact, he was easily THE best thing about the remake.
None, they both look the same, now if they make outfits for him that were not in the movies like they did for Pig, that would be fun, but honestly I don't see freddy wearing a different outfit, he's always been known with that hat, the claws and the red and black sweater.
I much prefer Robert Englund's Freddy. As he is much more fun to watch imo. And with rumours there might be a new Nightmare movie with him starring the role of our favourite Fredster again. Oh, I can't wait.
None, they both look the same, now if they make outfits for him that were not in the movies like they did for Pig, that would be fun, but honestly I don't see freddy wearing a different outfit, he's always been known with that hat, the claws and the red and black sweater.
it's not really a matter of life or death for me tbh. original freddy had more personality than the 2010's one. 2010 looks kind of funny in game and the movie wasn't great either. thanks for quentin i guess
Original freddy would provide nice outfits and weapons and Johny Depp should be trown in the survivors too... then why not a jack sparrow outfit? Ok The last one wouldn't make much sense but would definatly be cool :)
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I would have preferred the original version, just because I think he's more intimidating. To me, the Freddy we have kinda just looks like a random guy with a bad skin condition. But I don't mind it so much, since I'm guessing they really wanted the OG Freddy and it was an issue of licensing difficulties more than anything else. If it was a choice between 2010 Freddy and no Freddy at all, it makes sense why we got the chapter we did.
Its just dry skin damnit!
While I prefer the original as everyone else, I won't take away the fact that Jackie Earle Haley can do an insanely dark version of Freddy very well. He is an underrated actor, but sadly when it comes to the 2010 NOES movie, he got screwed over by a garbo script and bad creative writing decisions. Not to mention, they didn't do too good of a job with Freddy's design and skin.
And guess who might be coming back to do another nightmare movie..?
;) yep. The legend Robert Englund.
BHVR should make him a 1984 version of Freddy as a skin at this point lol.
I will always take Robert's Freddy over melty cheese face man any day. I should also echo what @GrandpaBill24 said, that I in no way dislike Jackie, in fact, he was easily THE best thing about the remake.
The 2010 version is the only one i have watched
Maybe if they manage to get the rights they could give him that big nosed face we love as a cosmetic
Duh, it's 1984 all the way. Scariest slasher franchise man. Keep the Freddy updates coming.
Would even like to see a John Saxon character in the game.
Robert England is the ONLY freddy
None, they both look the same, now if they make outfits for him that were not in the movies like they did for Pig, that would be fun, but honestly I don't see freddy wearing a different outfit, he's always been known with that hat, the claws and the red and black sweater.
I think most people would want OG Freddy. He had so much character to him and there would've been a lot of good cosmetic ideas for that version...
#########, I misclicked.
I much prefer Robert Englund's Freddy. As he is much more fun to watch imo. And with rumours there might be a new Nightmare movie with him starring the role of our favourite Fredster again. Oh, I can't wait.
Big difference
If you mean the face, You can't except them to add another face as a head piece, and as for the outfit, it's pretty much the same.
1980's Jason obviously. The movies are amazing and you could have Tommy as a survivor. Also imagine all the various possible cosmetics we could have.
I guess only option for original Freddy now would be a skin.
Not because i love freddy, not because i've watched the 2010 remake, but because i love modern maps.
I like old freddy better, but I liked the 2010 movie more as a whole. It was more interesting
1984 had some ######### up lines. If we could have our Freddy on here say some.
it's not really a matter of life or death for me tbh. original freddy had more personality than the 2010's one. 2010 looks kind of funny in game and the movie wasn't great either. thanks for quentin i guess
Original freddy would provide nice outfits and weapons and Johny Depp should be trown in the survivors too... then why not a jack sparrow outfit? Ok The last one wouldn't make much sense but would definatly be cool :)
Watch Robert Englund Freddy, he's funny AND scary.
2010 Freddy has haha a bit of a few laughs but he's a joke and I don't take that movie as serious nor canonical.