Devotion Reward

Dear DBD Team,

after over one year of play and many wishes from the fans. please reward the players who play your game longtime.


we needa BPbuff and Shards buff for devotion levels.

give us something back for our loyalty

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I've always liked the idea that your Devotion level raises your BP Cap by 50K for every level.

    It would reward people who play a lot by allowing them to save more BP that they can then spend on new DLCs to make it easier to play with the new perks etc.

  • All good ideas. It honestly doesn't even need to be big, just something minor.

  • Never really understood the purpose of the devotion lvl, but I reckon its pretty much the same as the different portrates in overwatch after you hit lvl 1.

  • I would be ok with simply a matchmaking based on devotion

  • @Blueberry said:

    All good ideas. It honestly doesn't even need to be big, just something minor.

    I think devotion lvl x shards gained.

  • @T2K said:

    I would be ok with simply a matchmaking based on devotion

    You really want a matchmaking based on time spent playing instead of skill? Well thank God that's not gonna happen, everyone can gain devotion levels, not everyone can get rank 1, supid idea

  • @T2K said:

    I would be ok with simply a matchmaking based on devotion

    You really want matchmaking based on time spent playing the game, over the current somewhat skill based rank system? Anyone can spend 2000 hours on the game and get devotion 5, doesnt mean they are good, very bad idea

  • @Sunix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899081#Comment_899081

    You really want matchmaking based on time spent playing the game, over the current somewhat skill based rank system? Anyone can spend 2000 hours on the game and get devotion 5, doesnt mean they are good, very bad idea

    Lol yes. Im pretty sure that game experience is connected to time spent in a game. I dont think we have a skill based rank system. Anyone can make it to rank one, even new players with little playtime, doesnt mean they are good or are skilled

  • @Sunix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899081#Comment_899081

    You really want matchmaking based on time spent playing the game, over the current somewhat skill based rank system? Anyone can spend 2000 hours on the game and get devotion 5, doesnt mean they are good, very bad idea

    Anyone can get to red rank survivor. All it takes is time and with the new rank reset more and more potatoes are gonna make it to red ranks because they get set back less. So in the grand scheme it doesn't matter much.

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/907623#Comment_907623

    Lol yes. Im pretty sure that game experience is connected to time spent in a game. I dont think we have a skill based rank system. Anyone can make it to rank one, even new players with little playtime, doesnt mean they are good or are skilled

    @silverwolf4455 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/907623#Comment_907623

    Anyone can get to red rank survivor. All it takes is time and with the new rank reset more and more potatoes are gonna make it to red ranks because they get set back less. So in the grand scheme it doesn't matter much.

    Even if rank is not currently an accurate reflection of skill, it is a very rough one, and the ranking system and how it reflects player skill is much easier for the devs to manipulate than a player's hours spent ingame.

    So although they didn't phrase it in the kindest or most productive way, they do have a point. Hours ingame means very little in terms of player skill, and it would be a bad idea to base a matchmaking system off that rather than a different system which is specifically designed to test and rank players according to their skill level.

  • @T2K said:

    I would be ok with simply a matchmaking based on devotion

    Good idea that'll be the day you never get matched with idiots ever again and actually have teammates that can do generators through ruin

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908254#Comment_908254

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908333#Comment_908333

    Even if rank is not currently an accurate reflection of skill, it is a very rough one, and the ranking system and how it reflects player skill is much easier for the devs to manipulate than a player's hours spent ingame.

    So although they didn't phrase it in the kindest or most productive way, they do have a point. Hours ingame means very little in terms of player skill, and it would be a bad idea to base a matchmaking system off that rather than a different system which is specifically designed to test and rank players according to their skill level.

    Yes I get that. But that would imply that the ranking system reflects the skill level of a player, which is not the case imo. Ofc there are players that dont even get to rank 1. Still you can make it by understanding the emblem system and go for these scoring events. So I think its not really skill based, its more about understanding how to pip.

  • @T2K said:

    I would be ok with simply a matchmaking based on devotion

    If they did that que times would be horrible.

  • Increase Bloodpoint gain by 10% per Devotion. Also unlock a new charm after every Devotion.

    Think these changes would be really nice

  • Any reward for devotion would be appreciated ! I remember when i got devotion 1, I was like ok... then ?

  • why? if it would scale down/up like in the current system I see no difference. I think a hybrid based on rank and devotion would be a good idea

  • 500k everytime you devote with the additional 2000 shards. Maybe 5 auric cells each time

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908505#Comment_908505

    why? if it would scale down/up like in the current system I see no difference. I think a hybrid based on rank and devotion would be a good idea

    If it scales down and up there would be little point in having a devotion ranking system in the first place, as each devotion level requires huge amounts of hours to gain. And because a lot of people aren't gonna have devotion levels higher than 1, you are much more likely to match with your regular red rankers.

    I get what you mean, making it so you have a higher chance of going against better players, but adding this system isn't going to effect like 95% of the player base, making it kinda pointless.

  • @TheRoyalOwl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908564#Comment_908564

    If it scales down and up there would be little point in having a devotion ranking system in the first place, as each devotion level requires huge amounts of hours to gain. And because a lot of people aren't gonna have devotion levels higher than 1, you are much more likely to match with your regular red rankers.

    I get what you mean, making it so you have a higher chance of going against better players, but adding this system isn't going to effect like 95% of the player base, making it kinda pointless.

    yeah well thats true. I think I got biased by playing R1 every season. The needs for players in red, purple, etc are different. So ofc I see things as red rank player and get frustrated by getting teamed with lower ranks or play vs lower ranks. Oviously I wish for a more acurate matchmaking. true that would only balance around a small amount of the player base

  • Don't think its on their to-do list, we'd be lucky if we get a ugly rusted "X" charm for those that made it to devotion 10+.

  • @Seanzu said:

    I've always liked the idea that your Devotion level raises your BP Cap by 50K for every level.

    It would reward people who play a lot by allowing them to save more BP that they can then spend on new DLCs to make it easier to play with the new perks etc.

    The BP cap shouldn't exist anymore anyway. Stats are server side now, it serves no purpose other than to artificially manufacture replay-ability with minimal effort. I'M ON TO YOU BHVR!

  • 2400+ hrs and Devotion 5. ๐Ÿ˜

    In other words, sucks if you started playing before the Devotion system.

  • Next up on things that will never happen: Rank Rewards

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908360#Comment_908360

    Yes I get that. But that would imply that the ranking system reflects the skill level of a player, which is not the case imo. Ofc there are players that dont even get to rank 1. Still you can make it by understanding the emblem system and go for these scoring events. So I think its not really skill based, its more about understanding how to pip.

    That is the case at the moment, I agree. Like I said though, the ranking system is still better to base matchmaking off than hours ingame in the long run because even though it isn't currently set up very well, it's something the devs are able to rework such that it could become a more accurate reflection of skill level.