So.. How strong is Oni?
I played a lot SWF in the past 2 days. I had 2 Oni players in like 20 matches. And he felt pretty weak. I played Oni myself for like 5 games.. and he felt pretty weak. I've heard that he is super strong and stuff like that. Did they rly nerf him so bad?
btw.: I did not play the PTB so I have no idea how strong he was before
Comments
at the start of a game he is a 115 M1 killer with NO power until you hit a survivor and farm their blood, also absorbing the blood with your power DOES slow you down FYI. when you are in your power you are a hillbilly that doesn't really bump into objects and have overall more control of it. but you lose your power the moment you pick up a survivor
TLDR: he is a slugging killer and nothing much more than that, and his 3 teachables are garbage EXCEPT 1 COMBO of nemesis + PWYF. other than that his perks are pretty bad
Guy squats 535 lbs. Not sure what his bench is.
He is strong but not insane by no means.
I just had a game with an amazing billy that did exactly what Oni is supposed to by design.
The muscle in each arm of his is more than the weight in your body.
I'd say he's upper mid tier. Above Myers but below Hillbilly. Not a bad place to be, really. Good builds make Oni strong.
Terrible against any competent team on console it's virtually impossible to make use of his odd.
You can literally just run left or right from his charge unless he's super far away he'll never hit you with the charge.
Like wise if he is using club, no charge it's very easy to juke because he has very little control over aiming the club smash (again this is WITHOUT using his demon dash)his movement during DD is better than billies but his aiming with the club is terrible, which honestly, is way more important especially since they needed blood orb drops, increased DD Startup time and recover time when stopping.
I've been able to win games with him by just primarily treating him as an M1 killer and rarely using his ability, which is extremely sad and boring. If I try to use his power once in a blue moon it helps but more often than not it's a detriment.
that's a console thing not a killer thing bud
Um what. Lol it's a killer thing that's specific to console. Killers need to be taylored to the platforms since you can't taylor the platform to the game. So no it's a killer thing unless you gonna suggest that they reach out to Microsoft to adjust analog input sensitivities 🤣
It's both. They should make every killer console friendly, something they should've learned after releasing Nurse.
He seems pretty strong but is going to take some time to learn. If you’re on console, then he’s a nightmare to play as.
Yea sucks that a hype new killer comes out that is no better than legion on console. *insert sad blood demon noises*
He's ok at least from my perspective if people play immersed or are good at looping he's pretty bad since he has no power he's also Billy if Billy had less turning power but also had less restrictions on bumping into stuff I'd put him below ghostface and huntress and above plague and Myers because of snowball potential
First impressions after several matches using him: He feels absolutely clunky as all hell to me, honestly. It was rather jarring. Some pretty heavy lag when coming out of Blood Fury. The pause "stun" after ending a dash feels like it takes forever to regain control. Aiming his Bam-Bam club smash feels damn near impossible and it's wilder than a buck to control, like hitting a gnat with a piece of thread. He's so loud that, if you do plan on slugging, bring Deerstalker because there's no way in hell you're going to hear anything: thunder foot steps, growling, howling, I'm pretty sure I heard him fart while looking for last slugged survivor last game. Tracking using the blood orbs is so-so and easy to misread. So far, it feels like sticking with M1 and just using the questionable blood orb tracking is better than using Blood Fury and losing the orbs while relying on catching up to semi-decent survivors with dash and being able to actually make contact with the Demon Strike. As has become the standard, quite easy to loop. I feel like a chunky Legion, opting to use the dash to cover distance then M1'ing instead of whiffing on 360'ing survivors with Demon Strike.
TL;DR: He's big, loud, awkward, and takes up more of the FOV screen than he needs to the majority of the time. He feels like maneuvering an 18-wheeler truck, emits sounds at about the same decibel level of one. But he looks cool, I guess. I dunno. The word "clunky" sticks with me when thinking about playing as him, and it's not really a good feeling.
That's actually weak for someone his size. Powerlifters like Xiaojun squat 573 lbs at a bodyweight of 170 lbs.
Now I'm seriously disappointed. Oni is buff like a bull but can barely squad his own ass? 🤔
yea i find that most of my dashes have to be canceled early because a survivor decided to make a quick right as im about to hit them, really wish flicking was possible on console like it is on pc.
It is possible, but it's a lot harder to pull off and requires some reading.
Someone I know (who plays Billy a lot) found out that if you bind your Q and E keys for camera turning, you can use that along with a mouse flick to turn up to about 240 degrees on the Demon Sprint. So whatever flick nerf they gave him can apparently be circumvented by this, making him really strong if you're skillful enough.