So Legion is now Old Freddy?
I'd give my opinions on how I like/dislike the new Legion changes, but after playing two games of Oni with 50 ping, teleporting around as if I had 500 ping, and even getting stuck in a locker and a generator unable to move, I stopped playing.
So I just have a look around... Legion. Oh boy, Legion. I knew the Nemesis changes were an oversight, and it wouldn't pass through to live servers. But at this point, is it blissful ignorance or malice that make people forget Deep Wounds is not Legion specific, so any changes to Deep Wounds changes things like Septic and Borrowed Time. This is, again, another oversight that has been changing since Deep Wounds was released.
His speed may be faster in Frenzy, but that can only get you first hits, and bE somehow found a way to make it less lethal. Nevermind the fact he no longer has perk synergies such as Sloppy Butcher and STBFL.
I have a few ideas that would add the proper tactics Legion was popular for, STALLING, that's a whole different post. And when you have the Legion fanatic himself @UlvenDagoth stating there is little hope, you know bE screwed up.
Comments
There is not only little hope, but they will not even listen to the community. I've lost all faith in BHVR.
people say bubba is the worst in the game but now it's hands down legion atleast bubba has access to a instant down even if it's crappy
Legion is not Old Freddy, he is way worse than Old Freddy. Old Freddy was oppressive in the right hands, and consistently powerful if you are skilled enough with him.
Legion nowadays is much worse than Old Freddy.
Legion is easily the worst in the game, They are a glorified M1 killer. In fact at this point using M1 might be better then FF since of the ridiculous cool down on it.
and the stun.
also this https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109666/dramatic-but-this-is-how-i-feel-now#latest
I disagree, old freddy wasn't able to protect totems or whatever he had to wait until the survivor was "sleeping" i do know what you mean with the transition and everything but that didn't change the fact that he had huge downsides when he was not able to even interact with the survivor.
@StarMoral
Legion was always made fun of right from the start and rightfully so. Do you remember Samnation DBD Parody 5? Wraith told him to gtfo and stand in the corner before writing "NO" on his face.
I really have no idea why somebody would want to play legion? He has nothing going for him like literally every other 115% killer has a way superior power.
Legion was fun, had the thrill of chasing someone down in a frenzy. Sprinting after them and cutting them good, then going after there friends. That and great lore from my point of view made Legion WHY I came back to DBD after 1016-17 era. Now it's just sadness and terror.
Some people just like thier style. But ya know, it would be nice if they had an actual power I agree.
Wraith erased the "No" on his forehead AFTER the rework, so there goes that thought.
But his original design of Rushdown captivated a lot of people, including me. Eventually that tactic turned to slowdown, and the fans followed. It's almost like people just like what they like and don't like when it's unnecessarily changed... Poorly changed.
No, because old Freddy at least had real stall. Legion is literally a Wraith without stealth and with a stun and cooldown on his power.
Mend, run, or be within the TR, which most survivors stop mending by then so they can safely hide, knowing DW won't go down.
Hell, back even before this if you went to try and go after another survivor you would often just hear them starting to mend as soon as you turned your attention away. Thats only going to get worse now. Why would anyone play Legion knowing they do nothing right now?
Like I still don’t get why they have a long cooldown for the power. Legion is basically a M1 killer so, what does it matter if the cooldown was shorter? It’s little things like that will take legion to the right direction.
Agree, Legion was fun and atleast somehow a threat, now if I met a Legion I always feel "Aww cute its a Legion". I love the fast speed and vaulting in FF change but thats by FAR not enough and Legion's main problem is still there... he has no power at all to down, they are the king of M1 killers.
I would say Legion is even worse then old Freddy. The devs should FINALLY do something but we all know they will not...
Oh he actually did you are right, totally forgot about that.
Lol they don't know what to do with legion so they slap on bandaids to try and make him decent. Just wait 4 months to 2 years and they'll get a rework sometime.
On average, it takes me more then 12 seconds to reach another survivor. Therefore I am wasting my own time trying to stab another survivor while the other has mended. I am not making anytime since I can't apply mangled on hit anymore. So the slow down is negligble, and is potentially only a single hit and me losing that survivor and them being healed before I can find them again.
Even with, its still too little time to really get anything going.