Imagine announcing something for a specific time TODAY. Then 2 hours late being like well....next week guys!
They think there is no hurting their image? This is even more annoying than them delaying the archives 24 hours before they were set to launch. You delay the update....2 hours AFTER it was supposed to launch?
Imagine announcing something for a specific time TODAY. Then 2 hours late being like well....next week guys!
They think there is no hurting their image? This is even more annoying than them delaying the archives 24 hours before they were set to launch. You delay the update....2 hours AFTER it was supposed to launch?
As long as there are people who blindly defend BHvr,then yes,they got no problems screwing up for the 9000th time.
Its not even meme status at this point its REALITY. Every single time there is a problem. The last two have gotten me annoyed this one especially. Damn holiday weekend was looking forward to getting those challenges done. Its not even like we can pause the challenge once it will be finished by updated status because we will have to finish them to even have the ability to start others.
This they want to do more testing before releasing, but super buggy updates with Licensed characters that will bring them money will be pushed out despite of their numerous bugs. (#StrangerThingsBroughtABiggerBugInThisGameThatHasNeverBeenFullyFixed)
Better that than have people reset their progress. ๐คทโโ๏ธ
I suspect that for the vast majority of the player base this is the opposite of the true - everything is much faster to get now, not mentioning the bugged 15 emblem challenge.
I'm not saying that they should have released the update if it was actually resetting challenges for someone, of course, but considering that now everyone but three players will be stuck on the iridescent and EGC safe unhooks challenges for at least 3 days... well, do your math :P
I suspect that for the vast majority of the player base this is the opposite of the true - everything is much faster to get now, not mentioning the bugged 15 emblem challenge.
I'm not saying that they should have released the update if it was actually resetting challenges for someone, of course, but considering that now everyone but three players will be stuck on the iridescent and EGC safe unhooks challenges for at least 3 days... well, do your math :P
If they release it now, they'll get bashed again for releasing a broken, simple update to challenges.
There's no winning with the community sometimes, so might as well lose with a fixed patch.
If they release it now, they'll get bashed again for releasing a broken, simple update to challenges.
There's no winning with the community sometimes, so might as well lose with a fixed patch.
Yeah, I said it myself that yes, they can't release a bugged patch, but as for myself I can say I would have preferred to do at least the 15 iridescent shards challenge properly and go on.
Now what :P?
Then again, I can empathise with their situation but well, it's not like the backlash from Tome 3 challenges came out of the blue. It's obvious to me that some game designer wrote these challenges considering how they think the game is played instead of how the game is actually played.
Otherwise the unhook safely 2 survivors during EGC wouldn't ever be a thing, every player knows that when the doors are opened it's because survivors are already escaping in a few seconds.
And the 25 unhooks as a gatekeeper challenge? Again, of course it can't work, I called it a few minutes after challenges were unlocked (link here), and here's what Peanits says about it, today, when someone argues that in Tome 2 the same challenge was 15 unhooks, more than the new one (10):
Correct. Since the node is right at the start of level 3, it creates a bottleneck where everyone's fighting for unhooks, making the challenge take even longer. We want people to get through that one sooner rather than later.
I don't think I'm smarter than devs, simply I play the game, they develop it.
If they release it now, they'll get bashed again for releasing a broken, simple update to challenges.
There's no winning with the community sometimes, so might as well lose with a fixed patch.
Yeah...its the community that is the problem here. Not the company that announced they would release something at 3pm then at 5pm said they would update us all next week.
Yeah...its the community that is the problem here. Not the company that announced they would release something at 3pm then at 5pm said they would update us all next week.
Yeah...its the community that is the problem here. Not the company that announced they would release something at 3pm then at 5pm said they would update us all next week.
It was another poorly planned effort by bhvr was announce the update without testing it first. That is the problem not that they don't want to release something broke that hurts people who may lose progress. No one wants that but they could've just said we are making changes to the rift and announce the changes after it went live or they were sure it would go live.
These things are constant issues with this company and the only reason they made the rift changes was the backlash from players who said they would never buy the pass again.
Make no mistake this was public relations to keep filling the coffers.
I just question why they were so commited to get the changes through but then drastically backtrack a few hours after. Definitely a hit on professionalism which kinda puts to waste their intention.
If they release it now, they'll get bashed again for releasing a broken, simple update to challenges.
There's no winning with the community sometimes, so might as well lose with a fixed patch.
You're not going to mitigate the community's frustration by implying they're being irrational for getting upset at BHVR for missing their self-imposed deadline. The way to mitigate is acknowledge the misstep then take action to correct it because BHVR is, afterall, in the wrong for promising the wrong time frame, which is totally avoidable. Ultimately meaning, the community didn't create this negative space, BHVR did.
You're not going to mitigate the community's frustration by implying they're being irrational for getting upset at BHVR for missing their self-imposed deadline. The way to mitigate is acknowledge the misstep then take action to correct it because BHVR is, afterall, in the wrong for promising the wrong time frame, which is totally avoidable. Ultimately meaning, the community didn't create this negative space, BHVR did.
I didn't try to mitigate at all, if they want to voice their frustrations, go ahead and make a discussion on it.
I just started playing the game about three months ago. I would be on here and on Reddit and see everybody complaining about this or that and really couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. But in this short time that I've been playing I've already seen the incompetence first-hand multiple times and now, unfortunately, I fully understand. This is just sad. Why would they even bother making an announcement to then delay it for a week 2 hours after it was supposed to happen?
It should be as simple as changing a few numbers. Probably a bit more with the iridescent bug considering spaghetti code but still, needing until next week is just...no words. On top of announcing a time and then not only failing to meet it but not saying anything until hours later. This is why they get their reputation. Don't get me wrong, I've seen worse devs but BHVR is still quite low on the list.
I get it, because if changing them was going to mess up peoples progress who are mindway through challenges. (Which is what I guess is the issue) then theres not much else you can do.
But now idk what to do. Do I grind out the ones I can do, knowing im "wasting" time as I could be completing them faster next week? Or do I wait and do something else till then, so im being a bit more time efficient,
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I am not surprised actually
Can they at least release the update that fixes the Iridescent Emblem challenge.. that's the only thing I care about
I almost joke posted earlier on about 'expecting a update delay tweet'...AND IT RUDDY HAPPENED! ๐
Everywent thing betthan ter expected.
The Archive update is probably gonna come with the DLC on Tuesday.
Imagine announcing something for a specific time TODAY. Then 2 hours late being like well....next week guys!
They think there is no hurting their image? This is even more annoying than them delaying the archives 24 hours before they were set to launch. You delay the update....2 hours AFTER it was supposed to launch?
if chapter wont be deleyed for any reason
Which is sadder: DBD having archive adjustments delayed or Magic Arena having friend lists delayed?
As long as there are people who blindly defend BHvr,then yes,they got no problems screwing up for the 9000th time.
Its sad,tbh.
I really, really hope not..
they showed us we cant trust in dates they give us
*gets delayed to Wednesday lol*
Its not even meme status at this point its REALITY. Every single time there is a problem. The last two have gotten me annoyed this one especially. Damn holiday weekend was looking forward to getting those challenges done. Its not even like we can pause the challenge once it will be finished by updated status because we will have to finish them to even have the ability to start others.
This they want to do more testing before releasing, but super buggy updates with Licensed characters that will bring them money will be pushed out despite of their numerous bugs. (#StrangerThingsBroughtABiggerBugInThisGameThatHasNeverBeenFullyFixed)
Hold your thanks for next week. t(^O^t)
Better that than have people reset their progress. ๐คทโโ๏ธ
That salt on these forums is unreal. lol
Rift's update is delayed. Sucks. But I think I'll live?
I could almost hear studio audience canned laughter whilst reading the tweet.
Oh well. I'll do something else with my spare time this weekend.
I suspect that for the vast majority of the player base this is the opposite of the true - everything is much faster to get now, not mentioning the bugged 15 emblem challenge.
I'm not saying that they should have released the update if it was actually resetting challenges for someone, of course, but considering that now everyone but three players will be stuck on the iridescent and EGC safe unhooks challenges for at least 3 days... well, do your math :P
If they release it now, they'll get bashed again for releasing a broken, simple update to challenges.
There's no winning with the community sometimes, so might as well lose with a fixed patch.
Yeah, I said it myself that yes, they can't release a bugged patch, but as for myself I can say I would have preferred to do at least the 15 iridescent shards challenge properly and go on.
Now what :P?
Then again, I can empathise with their situation but well, it's not like the backlash from Tome 3 challenges came out of the blue. It's obvious to me that some game designer wrote these challenges considering how they think the game is played instead of how the game is actually played.
Otherwise the unhook safely 2 survivors during EGC wouldn't ever be a thing, every player knows that when the doors are opened it's because survivors are already escaping in a few seconds.
And the 25 unhooks as a gatekeeper challenge? Again, of course it can't work, I called it a few minutes after challenges were unlocked (link here), and here's what Peanits says about it, today, when someone argues that in Tome 2 the same challenge was 15 unhooks, more than the new one (10):
Correct. Since the node is right at the start of level 3, it creates a bottleneck where everyone's fighting for unhooks, making the challenge take even longer. We want people to get through that one sooner rather than later.
I don't think I'm smarter than devs, simply I play the game, they develop it.
...we should do the opposite bhvr! :P
MAN, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? AH BHVR, THE GOOD OLD PRETTY GOOD JOB........ SO FAR
Magic players don't have friends, silly. =P
Yeah...its the community that is the problem here. Not the company that announced they would release something at 3pm then at 5pm said they would update us all next week.
I see people in this post earning their BHVR "good boy points"!! Pretty good job so far.
Please don't put words in my mouth.
It reminds me of the "Xbox Ambassador" people who post you wall of text corporate nonsense anytime you ask a question on their forums or twitter.
It was another poorly planned effort by bhvr was announce the update without testing it first. That is the problem not that they don't want to release something broke that hurts people who may lose progress. No one wants that but they could've just said we are making changes to the rift and announce the changes after it went live or they were sure it would go live.
These things are constant issues with this company and the only reason they made the rift changes was the backlash from players who said they would never buy the pass again.
Make no mistake this was public relations to keep filling the coffers.
Since thats a bug it'd likely need ch 14 for it to be fixed anyway.
I just question why they were so commited to get the changes through but then drastically backtrack a few hours after. Definitely a hit on professionalism which kinda puts to waste their intention.
You're not going to mitigate the community's frustration by implying they're being irrational for getting upset at BHVR for missing their self-imposed deadline. The way to mitigate is acknowledge the misstep then take action to correct it because BHVR is, afterall, in the wrong for promising the wrong time frame, which is totally avoidable. Ultimately meaning, the community didn't create this negative space, BHVR did.
I didn't try to mitigate at all, if they want to voice their frustrations, go ahead and make a discussion on it.
I just started playing the game about three months ago. I would be on here and on Reddit and see everybody complaining about this or that and really couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. But in this short time that I've been playing I've already seen the incompetence first-hand multiple times and now, unfortunately, I fully understand. This is just sad. Why would they even bother making an announcement to then delay it for a week 2 hours after it was supposed to happen?
It should be as simple as changing a few numbers. Probably a bit more with the iridescent bug considering spaghetti code but still, needing until next week is just...no words. On top of announcing a time and then not only failing to meet it but not saying anything until hours later. This is why they get their reputation. Don't get me wrong, I've seen worse devs but BHVR is still quite low on the list.
The toxicity of some members of the DBD community does not give me hope as to the friend count there either. ;)
I get it, because if changing them was going to mess up peoples progress who are mindway through challenges. (Which is what I guess is the issue) then theres not much else you can do.
But now idk what to do. Do I grind out the ones I can do, knowing im "wasting" time as I could be completing them faster next week? Or do I wait and do something else till then, so im being a bit more time efficient,