I'm happy that exclusives are coming out, BUT the players that had these should get something BIG

Title explains it. Took a couple attempts to get the title to fit with the number of characters I could use

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Squoose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836428#Comment_836428

    An easy fix would have simply been to sell their own skins like a normal company would, devaluing the ridiculously expensive skins and being a lovely solution for everyone involved. However they wanted to bring out the exclusives for their exclusivity, to build an audience, hence why this all happened in the earlier days and they decided to stop creating exclusive skins once they had a large enough of a following. However, now they have the numbers, they don't really care if they throw some people under the bus to fix a part of their community that had been seeking some attention for a while.

    I don't think you're getting the point. They are not throwing you under the bus, you threw yourself under there. The only person to blame for purchasing the code is yourself.

  • The devs making something exclusive to award to exclusive item owners as recompense for eliminating item exclusivity doesn't make any sense.

  • @CronaWins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836451#Comment_836451

    I don't think you're getting the point. They are not throwing you under the bus, you threw yourself under there. The only person to blame for purchasing the code is yourself.

    Don't take one part of the comment and ignore the rest of it, I explained what I said in the best way possible and if you can't understand that then don't bother commenting.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/835797#Comment_835797

    I wouldn't call not compensating people for releasing once-exclusive cosmetic items into the wild "a final blow."

    Fair enough, I was being rather dramatic.

  • @Squoose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836478#Comment_836478

    Don't take one part of the comment and ignore the rest of it, I explained what I said in the best way possible and if you can't understand that then don't bother commenting.

    I've read through all your comments and as far as i can see, you're blaming BHVR to justify your purchase. It's no-ones fault but your own.

    Whether you feel betrayed, isolated or thrown under the bus. That's all on you.

  • @Squoose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836428#Comment_836428

    An easy fix would have simply been to sell their own skins like a normal company would, devaluing the ridiculously expensive skins and being a lovely solution for everyone involved. However they wanted to bring out the exclusives for their exclusivity, to build an audience, hence why this all happened in the earlier days and they decided to stop creating exclusive skins once they had a large enough of a following. However, now they have the numbers, they don't really care if they throw some people under the bus to fix a part of their community that had been seeking some attention for a while.

    Selling them for $10 would still devalue what you paid for it but then it would be seen as selling exclusives just to make money which would look extremely bad on them or any devs as a cashgrab scenario. The only ones which could be done this way are the past event skins as it makes it in line with the current ones. Giving them away for free then is the fairest way they can do it and actually says they care what people think.

    The skins from shows were never expensive they were free for those just for attending which then gave an advantage to those simply living in the vacinity. The price you deemed to pay is your choice alone and not something which should be used in any argument as if it was bought through unofficial means this was advised against by the devs. If you chose to ignore that advice and made a bad purchase decision nothing more.

    Exclusives were a way to get people to come to the shows DBD stand, most devs do the same idea. Now the game is a success they want to give something back to all the players that keep making it so.

    They are not throwing anyone under a bus as the skins had no monetary value laid out by the devs. The value outside of the game by a third party is down to what someone is willing to pay and the $600 you spent is what you deemed it was worth at the time. That in turn means it was your actions that threw yourself under the bus.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    @Squoose while it sucks you put out so much money for a code for an exclusive cosmetic you bought that from a Third party not BHVR. BHVR is doing this in part because of the predatory practice of selling "exclusives" to players. You did have it before others and you have that satisfaction. Hopefully you will learn from this experience and not sink that much money in a game that didn't cost 20 times that.

    ^ This. This is the primary point people are trying to make, @Squoose, though maybe could have done it in a "nicer" way. Your decision to purchase the cosmetic from a third party is not Behaviour's responsibility. It's kind of like when you jailbreak your iPhone and Apple no longer honors your warranty or whatever. You went somewhere other than the source and made a choice that was presented to you by a code seller, not the devs themselves. Now, had Behaviour sold you the code for 600 (which, btw, is a predatory price to begin with and really highlights the greed of some codesellers), I would absolutely understand the frustration about lack of compensation.

  • @Squoose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836331#Comment_836331

    Or are you picking a choosing from my comment to pull of an unwarranted response.

    Which parts exactly? The part where you state how you spent £600 on a cosmetic code or the part where you said that you spent money on the game?

    Specifically: "I spent money on the game because I love the game and they are isolating everyone who did."

    So, to elaborate on my point, you stated that you spent money on an exclusive cosmetic in your first post and stated how you are now upset that BHVR is giving said cosmetics away for free. Correct? Ok.

    However, you spent £600 on the code, by paying another player not BHVR. Yes? Alright.

    Then, in your second post, you state that you, and everyone else, who spent money on the game are being isolated. I assume you meant, specifically, spent money on exclusives right?

    But, and this is a big but, the only evidence you have given about the exclusive cosmetic, the thing this thread is about, that you have stated you have paid for, and are upset about shows that you did not, in fact, spend money on the game for it.

    Also, you stated that what they are doing is "immoral" and yet you try to pull the "you're immature" card on other posters. Ok.

  • I really don't mind it, to be honest. I have earned a lot of these cosmetics through events and such, so I had time to enjoy the "exclusivity" piece of it for a while. So I'm cool with sharing.

    Also, for those mentioning Legacy, it's not the same thing. Different ballpark entirely. Legacy should stay the way it is (and I say that as someone with no Legacy pieces whatsoever.)

  • @ACEvHEARTS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836324#Comment_836324

    ^ This. This is the primary point people are trying to make, @Squoose, though maybe could have done it in a "nicer" way. Your decision to purchase the cosmetic from a third party is not Behaviour's responsibility. It's kind of like when you jailbreak your iPhone and Apple no longer honors your warranty or whatever. You went somewhere other than the source and made a choice that was presented to you by a code seller, not the devs themselves. Now, had Behaviour sold you the code for 600 (which, btw, is a predatory price to begin with and really highlights the greed of some codesellers), I would absolutely understand the frustration about lack of compensation.

    Yeah man totally. You're 100% correct, it's just disheartening y'know. I'll still play the game, it's all cosmetic afterall, I have just lost all enthusiasm that I had.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836451#Comment_836451

    Selling them for $10 would still devalue what you paid for it but then it would be seen as selling exclusives just to make money which would look extremely bad on them or any devs as a cashgrab scenario. The only ones which could be done this way are the past event skins as it makes it in line with the current ones. Giving them away for free then is the fairest way they can do it and actually says they care what people think.

    The skins from shows were never expensive they were free for those just for attending which then gave an advantage to those simply living in the vacinity. The price you deemed to pay is your choice alone and not something which should be used in any argument as if it was bought through unofficial means this was advised against by the devs. If you chose to ignore that advice and made a bad purchase decision nothing more.

    Exclusives were a way to get people to come to the shows DBD stand, most devs do the same idea. Now the game is a success they want to give something back to all the players that keep making it so.

    They are not throwing anyone under a bus as the skins had no monetary value laid out by the devs. The value outside of the game by a third party is down to what someone is willing to pay and the $600 you spent is what you deemed it was worth at the time. That in turn means it was your actions that threw yourself under the bus.

    People paid to go to the events, money.

  • @CronaWins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836506#Comment_836506

    I've read through all your comments and as far as i can see, you're blaming BHVR to justify your purchase. It's no-ones fault but your own.

    Whether you feel betrayed, isolated or thrown under the bus. That's all on you.

    If that's what you took from my comments then you clearly didn't read through them properly, that was not at all what I was saying. I'm saying they should be responsible for THEIR product. They were exclusive, and should have remained as such. Disagree all you want, don't twist my words.

  • @Squoose said:

    I spent £600 on a golden feng code, which was a big decision but I was okay with it and that it was my responsibility. However, I did pay £600 for this exclusive, and many people have spent money on these because of their exclusive ranking in the game. This feels like a kick to the face and thrusts a large chunk of their core consumers and loyal fanbase to the side. I have never had an issue with bhvr, through bug and unwarranted deaths during gameplay. I love this game, but this decision on their end is absolutely devastating and no compensation for such a drastic decision would be a final blow. They haven't done it yet, they can still make it right. Anyone who is okay with this has their reasoning or are just super happy about getting a FREE exclusive cosmetic which I would also be. But if the devs have wanted to do this, then they shouldn't have waited until after three years have passed, plentiful time for many members to lose money, it's just completely immoral.

    They only recently seemed to decide to shorten the gap between consoles and PC. While I don't understand the pain your going through I do understand what it means to lose my exclusive golden Feng as well. I am happy that others will be able to obtain it as well.

    On the other hand I do have to warn you the secondary market is dangerous because of these reasons. Unless a company explicitly says they wont reprint or rerelease such things always assume your paying a premium for something someone else may get later at a better price. TCG are notoriously bad at doing this if you would like an example. Think of this as unfortunately expensive lesson that didn't get worse.

    EDITED: somehow consoles autocorrected into conservatives.

  • @Squoose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836535#Comment_836535

    If that's what you took from my comments then you clearly didn't read through them properly, that was not at all what I was saying. I'm saying they should be responsible for THEIR product. They were exclusive, and should have remained as such. Disagree all you want, don't twist my words.

    I don't mean to offend you here, but yes it was exclusive, but not even yourself should have been able to get your hands on it. The only way you should have gotten it was getting it at the China event. The devs are specifically doing this to avoid the act of code selling. They don't want to promote that. And want to stop it. This is the perfect way. You shouldn't be compensated or upset about this because you didn't even earn the cosmetic the way the devs intended. In fact it's quite a malicious act to do what you did. I don't care if you even spent 10 on it. It was wrong and I truly do feel sorry for you.

    As others have said, this is a learning point for you. Just be glad you still have it. A lot of games would take action against someone for buying or selling codes.

  • To go for the whole event. I'm sure no one goes to these just to pick up one skin and then leaves. The price of entry is for the entire event and as I said the skin a way to get people to visit the actual DBD stand. Many devs do the same with goodie bags and many other things. Doesn't mean what is inside will never be sold again or given away.

  • Thanks for all the responses, it's been a wild day but you've all been great to discuss with. As unfortunate of a situation this is, it's not the end of the world. I enjoyed my golden feng for a good year, now it's time to let it all go. ggs bois, see you in the fog one day.. maybe.

  • @Squoose said:

    I spent £600 on a golden feng code, which was a big decision but I was okay with it and that it was my responsibility. However, I did pay £600 for this exclusive, and many people have spent money on these because of their exclusive ranking in the game. This feels like a kick to the face and thrusts a large chunk of their core consumers and loyal fanbase to the side. I have never had an issue with bhvr, through bug and unwarranted deaths during gameplay. I love this game, but this decision on their end is absolutely devastating and no compensation for such a drastic decision would be a final blow. They haven't done it yet, they can still make it right. Anyone who is okay with this has their reasoning or are just super happy about getting a FREE exclusive cosmetic which I would also be. But if the devs have wanted to do this, then they shouldn't have waited until after three years have passed, plentiful time for many members to lose money, it's just completely immoral.

    They're doing this to stop this because it's 1. Reckless and idiotic

    2. A waste of money

    3. Not a legit way to do it, and violates many games tos. Not sure if it does for here.

  • @HiImScrubbles said:

    I agree. 1,000,000BP for each code activated, for example.

    i really like this idea-it doesn’t add more exclusivity and compensates for original players.

    i would enjoy if BHVR added exclusive items every now and then so no-one would feel left out, and new players could also feel included.

  • @Squoose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836535#Comment_836535

    If that's what you took from my comments then you clearly didn't read through them properly, that was not at all what I was saying. I'm saying they should be responsible for THEIR product. They were exclusive, and should have remained as such. Disagree all you want, don't twist my words.

    They are responsible for their product, and they can do whatever they want with their product, because you don't own the game, only a licence to play it.

    Your irresponsible purchase is not BHVR's responsibility, but your own, not matter how much you try to spin it or justify it.

  • @ACEvHEARTS said:

    I really don't mind it, to be honest. I have earned a lot of these cosmetics through events and such, so I had time to enjoy the "exclusivity" piece of it for a while. So I'm cool with sharing.

    Also, for those mentioning Legacy, it's not the same thing. Different ballpark entirely. Legacy should stay the way it is (and I say that as someone with no Legacy pieces whatsoever.)

    Legacy is literally the same thing , those exclusives weren't coming back.

  • @deriasb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836842#Comment_836842

    Legacy is literally the same thing , those exclusives weren't coming back.

    Nah. Legacy was a gigantic grind in the game’s early stages, for the very first cohort of players. We’re talking hours upon hours of gameplay. Event cosmetics took like ten days.

    I’m fine with the pioneers having their thing. They were the ones who helped make the game what it is.

  • @ACEvHEARTS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838268#Comment_838268

    Nah. Legacy was a gigantic grind in the game’s early stages, for the very first cohort of players. We’re talking hours upon hours of gameplay. Event cosmetics took like ten days.

    I’m fine with the pioneers having their thing. They were the ones who helped make the game what it is.

    It doesn't matter if they were or not the first playing the game , i agree that they support the game and it's cool , but honestly i don't think there is a better timing right now for making legacy avaliable for everyone or at least a new kind of legacy skin every year

  • @8obot1c said:

    Title explains it. Took a couple attempts to get the title to fit with the number of characters I could use

    I'd really like to see this happen, but I'm fine if it doesn't, I just think it's so strange of them to just drop all exclusives for everyone to have so late, they had 3 years to do this, and they decide to do it after loads of people have spent hundreds, even thousands on cosmetics. (Golden Feng costs like 1k lol) I really support this idea, maybe something like prestige exclusives or something, or maybe it stays the same rarity, but the ones everyone gets are different. Not sure, but thanks for posting this lol, kinda want something about this to change.

  • @Squoose said:

    I spent £600 on a golden feng code, which was a big decision but I was okay with it and that it was my responsibility. However, I did pay £600 for this exclusive, and many people have spent money on these because of their exclusive ranking in the game. This feels like a kick to the face and thrusts a large chunk of their core consumers and loyal fanbase to the side. I have never had an issue with bhvr, through bug and unwarranted deaths during gameplay. I love this game, but this decision on their end is absolutely devastating and no compensation for such a drastic decision would be a final blow. They haven't done it yet, they can still make it right. Anyone who is okay with this has their reasoning or are just super happy about getting a FREE exclusive cosmetic which I would also be. But if the devs have wanted to do this, then they shouldn't have waited until after three years have passed, plentiful time for many members to lose money, it's just completely immoral.

    BHVR didn't give you that code, and whoever did ripped you off hardcore my dude. So while that does suck BHVR doesn't owe you anything and they definitely aren't kicking anyone in the face just because people decided to scam/get scammed for codes. In any case, people did have exclusivity of the cosmetics for a good amount of time so it's not like they didn't get anything ultimately.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836355#Comment_836355

    Which parts exactly? The part where you state how you spent £600 on a cosmetic code or the part where you said that you spent money on the game?

    Specifically: "I spent money on the game because I love the game and they are isolating everyone who did."

    So, to elaborate on my point, you stated that you spent money on an exclusive cosmetic in your first post and stated how you are now upset that BHVR is giving said cosmetics away for free. Correct? Ok.

    However, you spent £600 on the code, by paying another player not BHVR. Yes? Alright.

    Then, in your second post, you state that you, and everyone else, who spent money on the game are being isolated. I assume you meant, specifically, spent money on exclusives right?

    But, and this is a big but, the only evidence you have given about the exclusive cosmetic, the thing this thread is about, that you have stated you have paid for, and are upset about shows that you did not, in fact, spend money on the game for it.

    Also, you stated that what they are doing is "immoral" and yet you try to pull the "you're immature" card on other posters. Ok.

    Good... god... you really don't read these comments at all do you. I give up, I really do. Pick fights all you want, I'm done.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836355#Comment_836355

    Which parts exactly? The part where you state how you spent £600 on a cosmetic code or the part where you said that you spent money on the game?

    Specifically: "I spent money on the game because I love the game and they are isolating everyone who did."

    So, to elaborate on my point, you stated that you spent money on an exclusive cosmetic in your first post and stated how you are now upset that BHVR is giving said cosmetics away for free. Correct? Ok.

    However, you spent £600 on the code, by paying another player not BHVR. Yes? Alright.

    Then, in your second post, you state that you, and everyone else, who spent money on the game are being isolated. I assume you meant, specifically, spent money on exclusives right?

    But, and this is a big but, the only evidence you have given about the exclusive cosmetic, the thing this thread is about, that you have stated you have paid for, and are upset about shows that you did not, in fact, spend money on the game for it.

    Also, you stated that what they are doing is "immoral" and yet you try to pull the "you're immature" card on other posters. Ok.

    I'm done arguing, you clearly don't read anything / take any information in. Stop twisting my words, stop complaining. You're making this unnecessarily chaotic.

  • Uh honestly, your situation is exactly why BHVR is making the changes. £600? For a skin? Buddy you got scammed, hard. You might need a small wake-up call if you think that's a good way to use money...


  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836451#Comment_836451

    Selling them for $10 would still devalue what you paid for it but then it would be seen as selling exclusives just to make money which would look extremely bad on them or any devs as a cashgrab scenario. The only ones which could be done this way are the past event skins as it makes it in line with the current ones. Giving them away for free then is the fairest way they can do it and actually says they care what people think.

    The skins from shows were never expensive they were free for those just for attending which then gave an advantage to those simply living in the vacinity. The price you deemed to pay is your choice alone and not something which should be used in any argument as if it was bought through unofficial means this was advised against by the devs. If you chose to ignore that advice and made a bad purchase decision nothing more.

    Exclusives were a way to get people to come to the shows DBD stand, most devs do the same idea. Now the game is a success they want to give something back to all the players that keep making it so.

    They are not throwing anyone under a bus as the skins had no monetary value laid out by the devs. The value outside of the game by a third party is down to what someone is willing to pay and the $600 you spent is what you deemed it was worth at the time. That in turn means it was your actions that threw yourself under the bus.

    wait you said something wired thats not even from devs

    Exclusives were a way to get people to come to the shows DBD stand, most devs do the same idea. Now the game is a success they want to give something back to all the players that keep making it so.



    than that didn't needed to be current exclusive lists

    because it were all grindy stuff i couldn't imgine it will be free before

    if they made new legacy for limited events most people possible

    all people would be happy about it with grinding new rift pass

    i don't having most of excusive skins

    but time is more expensive than money man

    (of course it depends on how much vs money)

  • They should put the Event and Ultra Rare cosmetics in the store, just like they do with the other Event cosmetics and exclusives, and are going to do with the Rift cosmetics. This way everyone gets an opportunity to get these cosmetics, but it doesn't completely undercut the players that have already gone out of their ways to get them.

  • @deriasb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836842#Comment_836842

    Legacy is literally the same thing , those exclusives weren't coming back.

    The promised Legacy would never be re-released.

    They did not promise that for the other cosmetics.

  • @Jacoby2041 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/835797#Comment_835797

    BHVR didn't give you that code, and whoever did ripped you off hardcore my dude. So while that does suck BHVR doesn't owe you anything and they definitely aren't kicking anyone in the face just because people decided to scam/get scammed for codes. In any case, people did have exclusivity of the cosmetics for a good amount of time so it's not like they didn't get anything ultimately.

    Once more your entire point makes no sense, please read all comments thoroughly. I am not holding them accountable for the money I spent nor the third party I acquired the item from. The item is exclusive, and should remain as such. It was part of a loyalty scheme for old players and now they have the numbers and the players they ARE throwing them under the bus. All those people who travelled to these events, for the cosmetics and not. All those people that won contests and their prize was.. golden feng?... the untamed David donkey jacket? The people that won the original dweards, street-wise meg etc during BHVR giveaways? These all mean nothing. Completely nothing. Even worse it's an insult as they are giving every single player access to every single one.

  • @Hex_BoopTheSnoot said:

    They should put the Event and Ultra Rare cosmetics in the store, just like they do with the other Event cosmetics and exclusives, and are going to do with the Rift cosmetics. This way everyone gets an opportunity to get these cosmetics, but it doesn't completely undercut the players that have already gone out of their ways to get them.

    A slight compromise but one I welcome!

  • @PinkMochaV2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836350#Comment_836350

    "I spent £600 on a golden feng code,"

    "I spent money on the game because I love the game and they are isolating everyone who did"

    Pretty sure thats you saying you spent 600pounds on the game. Correct me if I am wrong.

    Indeed you are wrong. 'A Golden Feng Code' isn't about the game and the next quote is me saying that I love the game and have spent money on it? The base price, all DLCS, Auric cells. Or are these not money going towards the game and it's developers?

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838268#Comment_838268

    The promised Legacy would never be re-released.

    They did not promise that for the other cosmetics.

    They also promised to give back people who had legacy their legacy cosmetic ?

  • I can't help but laugh at people who spends 600 bucks on a SINGLE UGLY OUTFIT

  • @Squoose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838317#Comment_838317

    Indeed you are wrong. 'A Golden Feng Code' isn't about the game and the next quote is me saying that I love the game and have spent money on it? The base price, all DLCS, Auric cells. Or are these not money going towards the game and it's developers?

    I think the problem there is that you didnt specify that you spent money on the game meaning the auric cells dlc etc you ranted about the 600 for the feng cosmetic then said that which makes people assume you still meant the 600 for the feng cosmetic as if you thought that money went to the devs.

    I think maybe thats whats happened with that particular part

  • @FreakPrince said:

    I can't help but laugh at people who spends 600 bucks on a SINGLE UGLY OUTFIT

    *cough cough* csgo knives

  • I wouldn't mind it, I'm against any kind of exclusives, but the decision is on the Devs, not me.

  • @Squoose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838349#Comment_838349

    Once more your entire point makes no sense, please read all comments thoroughly. I am not holding them accountable for the money I spent nor the third party I acquired the item from. The item is exclusive, and should remain as such. It was part of a loyalty scheme for old players and now they have the numbers and the players they ARE throwing them under the bus. All those people who travelled to these events, for the cosmetics and not. All those people that won contests and their prize was.. golden feng?... the untamed David donkey jacket? The people that won the original dweards, street-wise meg etc during BHVR giveaways? These all mean nothing. Completely nothing. Even worse it's an insult as they are giving every single player access to every single one.

    And your point makes no sense either. People had those items exclusive for years, and you are acting like they got nothing from their efforts. People who had those items still had exclusive access to them and got to be cool when everyone else didn't, them being given to everyone now doesn't change the past. They never said the items would remain exclusive forever anyways, and there are other games that have had exclusive items which later became available to everyone, so it's not like they are doing something outlandish.

1 2 ›