[Rant] New Nurse is SO much fun!

I had a Nurse daily and just tried to get the blink hits so I used the addons that lessened the penalty I was going to suffer from my many missed swings.

Since I'm better with other killers I was at rank 5/4 when I attempted this daily. I'm so glad that I'm forced to play against higher skilled survivors when I play as a killer I'm not as skilled with. It makes the game so much more difficult and almost impossible to learn a new killer with!

As I found the survivors they all ran in straight lines so it took quite awhile to catch up to them. In case you didn't know, this is the best technique to waste the Nurse's time since she can't recover quickly, you don't need to bother with losing line of sight like you used to!

Because they were better at survivor than I was at Nurse they were able to avoid many blinks since they can avoid her telegraphed location.

Everytime I missed they continued to run in a straight line while I had to wait for the charges to come back. Even with the addons they gained quite a bit of distance just by running in a straight line.

While I was trying to get those daily hits the rest of the survivors were plugging away at gens and by the time I got the first survivor down 4 gens had finished!

/s

I managed to get the daily done, but I don't think I'll be playing the Nurse anymore even for dailies.

She was tolerable before without addons, I could get the daily done with a reasonable match and even a 4k here and there.

The Nurse is no longer fun to (attempt to) play and has a mindless counter that wastes an absurd amount of time.

I'm very glad I'm not a Nurse main and I fear for the future changes the devs have in store for all of the killers.

I continue to be baffled by the choices the devs make and baffled even further by the fact that they think they're doing a good job with those choices.

Seriously, someone in the team needs to speak up and get some good decisions going because some of these things are immensely frustrating... and I don't even main this character.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833063#Comment_833063

    I take issue with this logic because “knowing when to use your blinks” has become “you are a one blink Nurse until you are 100% confident you have the second hit on a survivor because using it any other time forcibly makes you a one blink Nurse for the rest of the chase.” That’s not skill, that’s forced gameplay.

    Exactly! She was versatile before, able to be used as you see fit. Now it's use it this one specific way or get punished for it. That's not fun or versatile.

    @PoisonN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833058#Comment_833058

    So you're assuming that the old Nurse was just a spam toy who were able to down instantly? I guess you underestimate how difficult she used to be. Now she is even worse. Just because my killer is "oVerPerForMinG" doesn't mean that she need to be mediocre

    I wish I played the Nurse these people use, spamming blinks and instantly getting downs must be really cool. Too bad it was never in the game.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833069#Comment_833069

    Exactly! She was versatile before, able to be used as you see fit. Now it's use it this one specific way or get punished for it. That's not fun or versatile.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833072#Comment_833072

    I wish I played the Nurse these people use, spamming blinks and instantly getting downs must be really cool. Too bad it was never in the game.

    People assume that every survivor is a potato who just run is straight lines. I've faced a lot o people who were able to outplay the old Nurse but well, It's impossible to have a argument. Gid gud I guess?

  • @PoisonN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833078#Comment_833078

    People assume that every survivor is a potato who just run is straight lines. I've faced a lot o people who were able to outplay the old Nurse but well, It's impossible to have a argument. Gid gud I guess?

    The sad thing is straight lines work on base Nurse now...

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833091#Comment_833091

    The sad thing is straight lines work on base Nurse now...

    Yes... and imagine with BL? She's a 96% speed killer btw but wow, we have add ons who increase her speed!! Such fun

  • @PoisonN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833095#Comment_833095

    Yes... and imagine with BL? She's a 96% speed killer btw but wow, we have add ons who increase her speed!! Such fun

    Don't forget one that rewards you using your power with... removing your power!

    Well done indeed.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833103#Comment_833103

    Don't forget one that rewards you using your power with... removing your power!

    Well done indeed.

    Legion wants to know your location.

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833063#Comment_833063

    I take issue with this logic because “knowing when to use your blinks” has become “you are a one blink Nurse until you are 100% confident you have the second hit on a survivor because using it any other time forcibly makes you a one blink Nurse for the rest of the chase.” That’s not skill, that’s forced gameplay.

    And you really have to be a madlad to consistently try to hit with 1 blink because of how much she rubberbands on every blink. Did you look at the sky and charge your blink twice as long as you should have? No? Not getting through that tree.

  • Yep, the devs basically chained up the Nurse to prevent her from being super aggressive like before.

    Now, survivors have been given free time to gain extra distance, which can be problematic on some maps.

    The devs should know how efficient survivor teams can be. And Nurse was the one killer who could go toe-to-toe with these survivor groups. Yes, Nurse had some really busted add-ons before the change. But instead of just reworking her add-ons, the devs saw an opportunity to downgrade the Nurse's base power and they took it.

  • I would just like to add to something already said here.

    After playing several games with the "new" nurse, it feels clunky, not powerful, not fun, and pretty ######### overall.


    The new kit, unless using the 2 less cooldown on blink charge addons, is annoying and unintuitive, feels like #########, underwhelming and not fun.


    That is all. And this is from someone who played a lot of nurse previously, and has 3300 hours in this game.


    BHVR you screwed up majorly on this one. New nurse is total shitfest.


    Second blink (even with extra distance) can't blink out of basement, many rarer addons are incredible stupid, forced cooldown on the blinks makes the gameplay clunky and unintuitive, and so forth. It's just not worth playing this killer anymore, unless you use the 2 less cooldown on blink addons. You really deserve good job so far on this one BHVR. I'm disappointed.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832547#Comment_832547

    As simply and lovely as that sounds; it most definitely does not work like this. If you factor in speedburst perks being even more effective now, and the incredibly easy to juke hits now you have to add much more than 5 seconds to the chase time.

    Ooops, looks like you accidentally started a blink with the cooldown at 99%! Now you have to add more time.

    Ooops, you're blink was bugged/got eaten by the map, better add more time!

    This is an obvious example, but important to keep in mind.

    I listen for the audio que for both blinks to recharge, and blink bug is a map problem, not a Nurse problem. ??


    I would be in favor to have a toggle option to have your current amount of blinks to be displayed at the center of your screen! :)

  • no one has said that new nurse is impossible, just saying the nerf she got to her basekit was not deserved and handled very poorly. she was already a difficult killer to play (yet someone who has put a ton of hours into her could get great results) and they made her more difficult. just the other day I countered a nurse in purple ranks, want to know what I did? mostly ran in a straight line and broke LoS every once in a while, had about a 1min 30 -2m chase, and we won easily after that, she just face camped the last survivor so she got 1 kill

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/832581#Comment_832581

    I listen for the audio que for both blinks to recharge, and blink bug is a map problem, not a Nurse problem. ??

    I would be in favor to have a toggle option to have your current amount of blinks to be displayed at the center of your screen! :)

    Nurse still has bugs no matter what map you play, and listening to the que sound or even having them in the center won't fix the underlying issues the cooldown mechanic has on her power.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833346#Comment_833346

    Nurse still has bugs no matter what map you play, and listening to the que sound or even having them in the center won't fix the underlying issues the cooldown mechanic has on her power.

    Having the cool-down displayed in the center can help the player prevent themselves from 99%'ing their cool-down. ?


    For the maps, it's not the Nurse's fault for not being able to blink through certain obstacles — the developers just need to make those walls allow blinks! Therefore, it's a map problem, not a killer problem! ?

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833352#Comment_833352

    Having the cool-down displayed in the center can help the player prevent themselves from 99%'ing their cool-down. ?

    For the maps, it's not the Nurse's fault for not being able to blink through certain obstacles — the developers just need to make those walls allow blinks! Therefore, it's a map problem, not a killer problem! ?

    "or even having them in the center won't fix the underlying issues the cooldown mechanic has on her power."

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833361#Comment_833361

    "or even having them in the center won't fix the underlying issues the cooldown mechanic has on her power."

    There's no issues with her power, chases that are extended by 2-5 seconds won't make Nurse terrible, especially when her chases are already fast. ?

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833369#Comment_833369

    There's no issues with her power, chases that are extended by 2-5 seconds won't make Nurse terrible, especially when her chases are already fast. ?

    That's what I'm trying to tell you, it isn't just 5 seconds, it is much longer than that usually. If running across the map is literally all you need to do to run Nurse for longer than before her rework that should be a clear as day sign that 5 seconds is a BEST case scenario.

    For a killer that needs her power to even move around the map at a reasonable pace having a cooldown this punishing goes against the urge to use it like you should.


  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833369#Comment_833369

    There's no issues with her power, chases that are extended by 2-5 seconds won't make Nurse terrible, especially when her chases are already fast. ?

    20 meters of distance is a pretty significant headstart during every cooldown period.

  • Make the game a bully simulator for survivors again.

    I just want to teabag, click my flashlight and run godloops all day without having to insta dc everytime I take a hit.

  • @crossboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833034#Comment_833034

    I've played her both before and after, and still enjoy her. I haven't had as much time to get used to it, but she's much better now imo. Instead of just being able to blink all the time as much as possible, now you actually have to think about whether or not it's worth it to blink the second time. "can I get a hit here if I use my second blink, or should I save it and blink twice at them?" She's much more rewarding for players that are skilled with her, which is what she should be.

    Why do people always try to assume people dont know what they're talking about and flame them for it without even knowing? It just makes you look silly.

    Much better.

    She can not even catch up to survivors anymore yeah this is addonless but as soon as survivors understand that the most effective thing is to run in a straight line away from here this killer is beyond freddy tier of the past since no other killer has this issue, you can not even do that vs legion or any other killer for that matter. To state that nurse is better is a lie.

    Do you need to verify what I said? Pick a friend go to custom game, no addons and take whispers as a perk. Have him outside of your terror radius, blink to him and tell him to run in a straight line away from you. There is no way that you will be able to catch up.

    Rewarding? She isn't rewarding at all, nurse now has a forced upon playstyle that is boring, you will not travel the map after a hook, you will stay close to the first person and try to find another and put him on hook too, slug the 3rd if you see him coming. I 4ked in the weekend lots of times not once was any fun involved not for me not for the survivors i played against in red ranks.

    So sorry that I assume that you have no clue what you talk about when you say nurse is better and feels more rewarding because that isnt the case. A killer that can not catch up to survivors, literally useless.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833376#Comment_833376

    20 meters of distance is a pretty significant headstart during every cooldown period.

    That's if the survivor runs a vertical line away you, but most survivors don't because you can see them and great Nurses will just blink to them.

    First Blink = 20 Meters

    Second Blink = 12 Meters


    Nurse can travel 32 meters with both blinks, and as long as the survivor is within her blink range, they risk getting hit.


    I feel like there should be a toggle option to have a cool-down indicator on the center of your screen so you don't use your blink at 99% cool-down. That's the only problem I face with her right now and it's really inconvenient. ?

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833742#Comment_833742

    That's if the survivor runs a vertical line away you, but most survivors don't because you can see them and great Nurses will just blink to them.

    First Blink = 20 Meters

    Second Blink = 12 Meters

    Nurse can travel 32 meters with both blinks, and as long as the survivor is within her blink range, they risk getting hit.

    I feel like there should be a toggle option to have a cool-down indicator on the center of your screen so you don't use your blink at 99% cool-down. That's the only problem I face with her right now and it's really inconvenient. ?

    Not yet, but they will when they learn how effective it is.

    On paper. In practice the risk is very low. The 32 meters sounds good until you remember that survivors move.

    The cooldown display isn't a problem. It's easy to wait and listen for, but while you're moving at Nurse speed, survivors are gaining distance.

    The cooldown itself is the problem.

    This was an over-correction and hopefully it'll be remedied like the flashlight and pallet fiasco during the Year of the Hound.

  • As survivor, I still haven't seen a nurse that won. In one game, she finally caught someone at the end and then camped them. She got off, DS'ed her, and everyone escaped. BHVR should be ashamed for ruining this killer, a killer once feared is now a laughing stock. I have had absolutely no fear against any nurse since the nerf.

    Survivors love the nurse so BHVR is claiming job well done!

  • @Omans said:

    The funny thing about this situation is all the people complaining in this thread would be SO happy if the current iteration of nurse was the next killer released.

    Imagine we never had a nurse killer, and then suddenly this nurse was released. Still goes toe to toe with spirit as best killer in the game, can blink through walls, still has good map presence (don't even mention Haddonfield and big maps like that - I'm a huntress player. I know.), can down survivors really fast, etc. Like, it's obvious that they aren't looking at what she currently is, but comparing her to her previously broken state.

    Oh, and isn't the person who made that video showing the nurse being slower than billy running, even though the nurse started WAY behind, and was only using one blink here in this thread, claiming that simply running straight is a counter to nurse now? Or was that a different diehard nurse player? Let me guess, still only charging one blink? I would love to see this new 'running in a straight line' counter.

    “Going through walls” is the laziest, most generic argument that people make. Like yea, huntress “can hit you across the map” but there is far more nuance and situational stuff that determine how good she is (I think she’s just okay). Her map control is absolutely terrible now: base blink doesn’t have enough range to control gens. She now has to play a very lame, camping/slugging style that isn’t fun for either side.

  • @SpaceCoconut @NMCKE

    https://youtu.be/e9-ANOgmWgE

    You have to keep in mind, that you will not have 2nd blink up so at the end of the wall that is blocking the way. We decided to just make it till there but

    • this is a 30sec "chase"
    • no exhaustion triggered whatsoever
    • no speedbuff due to a hit

    Regarding that and how effective this actually is, sorry but nurse is even worse than old freddy. Just a matter of time until people realize that.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    As survivor, I still haven't seen a nurse that won. In one game, she finally caught someone at the end and then camped them. She got off, DS'ed her, and everyone escaped. BHVR should be ashamed for ruining this killer, a killer once feared is now a laughing stock. I have had absolutely no fear against any nurse since the nerf.

    Survivors love the nurse so BHVR is claiming job well done!

    I did lots of 4ks with nurse on the weekend basicly with the build i run in the video above. That however is due to survivors thinking they have to play against nurse like old nurse, when people do realize you can run away in a straight line and that is the most effective thing to do. Guess what. However what I wanted to point out to 4k with a nurse is nothing considered fun for anybody involved. You will play "optimal" or the most boring way possible in order to ensure a 4k. I described that in another thread but yeah.

    Nobody gonna have fun with the killer or against the killer to put it simply.

  • I'm curious what the video above is trying to prove?

    Not using second blink to cover more distance.

    Starting from 32 meters back - do the same with a full movement speed killer like trapper. You probably won't reach the survivor before the wall then either...

    "I can't reach the survivor even though I'm not using my power fully!"

    This is why the nurse was changed. Her map presence and also her power in a chase were too strong. Power in chase wasn't changed if you hit your blinks, and map presence was slightly nerfed. As was necessary.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833847#Comment_833847

    I did lots of 4ks with nurse on the weekend basicly with the build i run in the video above. That however is due to survivors thinking they have to play against nurse like old nurse, when people do realize you can run away in a straight line and that is the most effective thing to do. Guess what. However what I wanted to point out to 4k with a nurse is nothing considered fun for anybody involved. You will play "optimal" or the most boring way possible in order to ensure a 4k. I described that in another thread but yeah.

    Nobody gonna have fun with the killer or against the killer to put it simply.

    I played against two nurses yesterday(somehow). Survivors that used to be rank 1(so rank 10-11 atm) took few seconds to realise that you can just hold W and escape her from her for couple extra seconds at the time. Every time she missed due to survivor dodging her blink path survivor gained half of the map on her.

    But don't worry guys, there is nothing wrong with her power. It's just survivors got so good that they can all escape from the nurse.

  • @Omans said:

    I'm curious what the video above is trying to prove?

    Not using second blink to cover more distance.

    Starting from 32 meters back - do the same with a full movement speed killer like trapper. You probably won't reach the survivor before the wall then either...

    "I can't reach the survivor even though I'm not using my power fully!"

    This is why the nurse was changed. Her map presence and also her power in a chase were too strong. Power in chase wasn't changed if you hit your blinks, and map presence was slightly nerfed. As was necessary.

    You have no clue what you talk about.

    Using the 2nd blink will result in a longer downtime and the survivor making more distance, i already checked that and also did write that. But is okay i can make another video just to be specific,

    you want me to do consecutive double blinks or do you want me to start with a double blink and than keep doing one blink?

    The result with double blinks is even worse, the distance does not decrease at all. But yeah you keep making comments like "I can't reach the survivor even though I'm not using my power fully!".

    I will make 2nd video for you since you obviously are an expert.

    €dit:

    I have to upload that when I am home so like 8-9hrs from now.

  • @Endstille said:

    @SpaceCoconut @NMCKE

    https://youtu.be/e9-ANOgmWgE

    You have to keep in mind, that you will not have 2nd blink up so at the end of the wall that is blocking the way. We decided to just make it till there but

    • this is a 30sec "chase"
    • no exhaustion triggered whatsoever
    • no speedbuff due to a hit

    Regarding that and how effective this actually is, sorry but nurse is even worse than old freddy. Just a matter of time until people realize that.

    Pretty much sums up the new nurse experience when they don't try and LOS you and just keep hauling ass.


  • @Omans said:

    I'm curious what the video above is trying to prove?

    Not using second blink to cover more distance.

    Starting from 32 meters back - do the same with a full movement speed killer like trapper. You probably won't reach the survivor before the wall then either...

    "I can't reach the survivor even though I'm not using my power fully!"

    This is why the nurse was changed. Her map presence and also her power in a chase were too strong. Power in chase wasn't changed if you hit your blinks, and map presence was slightly nerfed. As was necessary.

    Seems you were right, I have no trouble admitting i was wrong. You can as a matter of fact catch up via double blinks. So depending when the survivor does notice you (~32m). It takes two or three double blinks (at the third you would actually have to juke her).

    I am still confused why I had so diffrent results a day before.

    I find it quite odd that this is so effective, no exhaustion, no nothing yet but running. So for each down just with that you can realisticly stretch a single chase just to 1:30min or even more.

    https://youtu.be/fcO-rJBkcOo

    I don't know I am still not satisfied with the results but better than not being able to catch up at all i guess. The when the survivor notices you is not possible, is a little confusing it is more visible in the 2nd example of double blinks.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833990#Comment_833990

    Seems you were right, I have no trouble admitting i was wrong. You can as a matter of fact catch up via double blinks. So depending when the survivor does notice you (~32m). It takes two or three double blinks (at the third you would actually have to juke her).

    I am still confused why I had so diffrent results a day before.

    I find it quite odd that this is so effective, no exhaustion, no nothing yet but running. So for each down just with that you can realisticly stretch a single chase just to 1:30min or even more.

    https://youtu.be/fcO-rJBkcOo

    I don't know I am still not satisfied with the results but better than not being able to catch up at all i guess. The when the survivor notices you is not possible, is a little confusing it is more visible in the 2nd example of double blinks.

    Given LOS you won't hit that.

1 2 3 ›