Imagine using half of a killer's power because a streamer told you to do so

This anti-heal build, which Tru3 is spreading about, is getting out of hand and is a poor impression for any new Ghost Face players. Sure, the build is handy for a versatile stealth killer like him, but thinking that his stalk mechanic is useless is laughable. You may as well play as dead rabbit Myers if you're using this build. As Ghost Face, marking survivors at the right given opportunity, applies more pressure than going about loudly with nurses calling and sloppy butcher, really boring gameplay that plenty of killers use, but Ghost Face is an exception because he can have no terror radius. Stalking can lead to map pressure if you use it correctly, unlike Tru3, who proceeds to call it bad while displaying poor usage of the ability, hence the build he calls "optimal". From what I've seen from Ghost Face mains, no one really tries when they stalk survivors, and that's pretty disappointing (PS4). Ghost Face carries the potential to add pressure by gaining fast downs and hooks, but the ever growing conditioning of playing a simple m1 killer with no terror radius instead brings people away from that potential. Play how you want, but I really don't want to see players using this great killer as if he's another killer, and not his own.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Quol said:

    If the build he recommends is horrible the fans will try it once and stop, if you keep seeing play that means he is onto something. Besides let people play how they want, if someone wants to run bamboozle Nurse, go for it.

    Its far from horrible, although I would argue that the general build is good on a lot of killers. It slows the game down which is a big plus.

  • The main problem with stalking is the amount of time you waste getting into position only to get broken out the survivors can spin their cameras 360 and it will give them the noise when they hover over you.


    I main GhostFace and i can see how some people like stalking and some people dislike it completely me being one of them until behavior fixes the reveal mechanic i feel Its better to M1 and use his power for stealth vs exposing survivors.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    Why play ghostface like a worse wraith? Wraith does this build so much better. Ghostface is all about the 1 shots where you can get them. Wraith is about ambushing people in succession or being an M1 killer with no heartbeat.

    Bad build. I don't care how much he says it's "optimal" when he is dunking on baddie survivors. I am sure every game on his channel is cherry-picked like all the other streamers. Want to know how many times I have tombstoned monto? Probably like 20+

    Guess how many are on his channel? 0!

    Why would I play Wraith like a worse Ghostface? If I wanted to play stealth, I'd play Ghostface.


  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814116#Comment_814116

    You can do whatever you want. If you are not stalking as ghostface, wraith is better. No cooldown on the power, can't be broken out of the power, way way better add-ons for an M1 killer (shadow dance + serpent + brutal strength gets pallet breaks down to like ~.3 seconds if I recall), and gets sloppy butcher as an add-on so you can basically run 5 perks instead of 4. You get the exact same ambush hits at the gens if you are good.

    Ghostface can attack out of stealth immediately, which is way better than Wraith needing to shore up his weakness of having to wait until he fully uncloaks to attack. I don't need to find the correct spot to uncloak and hope that the opponents haven't bolted fast enough such that the speed boost doesn't matter. Plus, why would I ever use Sloppy Butcher as an add-on when I can use it as a perk? Almost no add-on that inflicts Mangled is worth using because Sloppy Butcher exists.

  • @Endstille said:

    Antiheal is not fun, where is the counterplay to it? Needs to be changed or i dc.

    All im hearing is a crybaby

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814139#Comment_814139

    I am assuming you never played wraith before his buff? You didn't even get a speed boost without a purple or green add-on back in the day. Now it is so easy to get ambush hits with him, all you need to do is to start the uncloak behind a wall and only step out halfway through the uncloak. Unless they are a sprint burst user, it's basically a guaranteed hit.

    Gens in the open don't usually get you the free hits, but they probably don't as ghostface either.

    "Why would I ever use sloppy butcher as an add-on".....so you don't have to run sloppy butcher? Good lord lol. Wraith can do Ruin, Pop, Thanta, Dying Light and then the sloppy butcher add-on. Ghostface has to give one of those up to get sloppy butcher.

    Like 2/3'rds of ghostfaces add-ons involved stalking, and that playstyle makes them useless.

    No, I did not play Wraith before his buff. I don't see why that matters, given that Wraith still struggles, even with green Windstorm as base kit.

    Lol, why would I waste an add-on slot not improving Wraith's cloak?

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    Why play ghostface like a worse wraith? Wraith does this build so much better. Ghostface is all about the 1 shots where you can get them. Wraith is about ambushing people in succession or being an M1 killer with no heartbeat.

    Bad build. I don't care how much he says it's "optimal" when he is dunking on baddie survivors. I am sure every game on his channel is cherry-picked like all the other streamers. Want to know how many times I have tombstoned monto? Probably like 20+

    Guess how many are on his channel? 0!

    You have it backward. No Stalk Ghostface is a strictly better Wraith. And its complelty add-on independant. Night Shroud cooldown reduction help but is not even needed.

    Ghostface is supposed to be all about the one shots. But it does not work against survivors whith... eyes really. It just doesn't. Every time i've tried to play Ghostface the intended way, I've only ever been able to stalk at the beginning of the game when the survivors are unaware of who they were facing. Once they realize its Ghostface they will be on their guard and won't let you stalk them.

    Also stalking is very map dependant. There are some place where its just impossible to get a good angle to stalk without the survivor noticing you very easily. And then you add the wonky nature of the leaning mechanic wich make you waste even more time just because you apparently can't lean from that specific tree or corner for some reason.

    No Stalk Ghostface does not care about any of this. He comes out of nowhere and hit you. And then he disappear. Rince and repeat untill all survivors are dead.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814163#Comment_814163

    Because base kit wraith is 100% fine for getting ambush hits at gens? You only need add-ons to improve the cloak if you are going for gen-grabs.

    Otherwise, his best add-ons are making him patrols gens way faster (getting more ambush hits and stacking thanta and sloppy faster than ghostface, especially with no cooldown on the power), or smashing pallets in .3 seconds where ghostface is probably going to do it in ~2.5 seconds or ~2 if he has brutal.

    But hey, run a worse wraith M1 ghostface if you like. I won't stop you, easier wins as survivor for me.

    Nah, base kit Wraith is bad. ;) But hey, you do you. Feel free to break pallets faster and then lose that gained distance when trying to uncloak. :P Meanwhile, Ghostface don't gotta spend time figuring out how to unstealth properly.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814197#Comment_814197

    Boy, you have never read what serpent does have you?

    That's fine. You probably run stalk add-ons on your stalkless ghostface as well.

    I don't want to give up stealth when breaking pallets. :P

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814201#Comment_814201

    In a chase, you constantly threaten to go into stealth while moving up to the pallets. If they actually drop it, you finish the cloak, go into stealth, and instantly break it and unstealth. Then it's basically spirit fury. If they don't drop it, you move through and get a hit.

    So I'm using more add-ons to accomplish what perks already do? :P

  • slow down builds in general are the builds that will currently shine.

    Which btw, to play a proper slow down build you need to envision the end game, and try to plan the final 3 gens to give you the greatest advantage. The "s" tier killers are s tier because of map pressure, which allows them at R1 to be effective without using a slow down build or planning for the last gen.

    Try legion with pgtw, ruin, thana, nc. Focus on gen defense and keeping everyone injured. Hook them when the opportunity arises, but only if multiple injuries abound or if ruin has gone down.

    Try pig with pgtw, dl, thana, ruin. Again, gen defense and keep those rbt till ruin drops or they do the first gen (ignoring ruin). Play gen defense. You can run thana on pig with dl because the rbt keeps people from healing or doing gens.

    try clown with DL, pgtw, ruin, thrilling tremors. Hook and bee line, keeping them injured isn't as important as getting hooks. In this case you need to stack DL before ruin pops if you can. TT is you can bee line after hook and use PGTW effectively.

    These 3 are consider bottom tier killers but with slow down builds you do very well against all but the best. The key is you can't be afraid to break off the chase. You are playing the long game, zone defense.

    Ruin is the common theme, mostly because its going to allow in, in the vast majority of games, to setup the other perks.

    You don't have to play ruin of course, you can switch ruin out for another slow down perk. PGTW is the most effective. PGTW and TT is a good combo for slow down builds because it quickly helps you id the gen that you need to go to.

    Perks like overcharge just aren't effective at R1 because survivors don't miss skill checks.

    Thana is good but you can't tunnel if you run thana.

    You an mix in BS, Enduring, SF, these are all good because zone defense works best if you force pallet drops in your zone.

    Long games are good if you spread out the chases because you'll force pallet drops and eventually there will be no pallets left.

    You can play any killer at rank 1 right now with a slow down build and generally find your self 1 or 2 pipping scoring 25 to 32k BP. I went from R8 killer to R1 playing exclusively legion with a slow down build.

    I switched it up today with pig and clown and have had similar results.

  • @THEghostface said:

    This anti-heal build, which Tru3 is spreading about, is getting out of hand and is a poor impression for any new Ghost Face players. Sure, the build is handy for a versatile stealth killer like him, but thinking that his stalk mechanic is useless is laughable. You may as well play as dead rabbit Myers if you're using this build. As Ghost Face, marking survivors at the right given opportunity, applies more pressure than going about loudly with nurses calling and sloppy butcher, really boring gameplay that plenty of killers use, but Ghost Face is an exception because he can have no terror radius. Stalking can lead to map pressure if you use it correctly, unlike Tru3, who proceeds to call it bad while displaying poor usage of the ability, hence the build he calls "optimal". From what I've seen from Ghost Face mains, no one really tries when they stalk survivors, and that's pretty disappointing (PS4). Ghost Face carries the potential to add pressure by gaining fast downs and hooks, but the ever growing conditioning of playing a simple m1 killer with no terror radius instead brings people away from that potential. Play how you want, but I really don't want to see players using this great killer as if he's another killer, and not his own.

    I take full advantage of Ghostface and Pigs stealth abilities and can honestly say that if used properly it’s better than not using it at all. Most players don’t even expect you to play Pig stealthy which helps even more.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814209#Comment_814209

    Yeah. So you can have both spirit fury, and an entire game-slowdown build. And spirit fury on every single pallet by the way.

    Don't really need Spirit Fury when I can just turn off the red stain mid-chase and either mindgame my foe from there or just move back to gen defense. :P

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814218#Comment_814218

    Well clearly the survivors you are playing are not that good. And this argument isn't about if you need it or not. It's about who is the better M1 killer. Hmm, beast of prey, or spirit fury, hmmm.....

    On-command Beast of Prey. :P Especially when I can use Spirit Fury anyways for the pallet breaking benefit. I mean, you can try using Beast of Prey on Wraith and see how that works out.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814226#Comment_814226

    Ghostface can't use spirit fury with the slowdown build that everyone is toting in this thread. I don't use beast of prey because it's horrible, and that's basically what ghostface's power gets you in a chase if you are not stalking.

    You don't have to, but the option is there.

    Beast of Prey is horrible because you don't have any control over when it procs.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814231#Comment_814231

    Beast of prey is horrible because the best looping areas in the game have wide enough lines of sight that you don't need to see the killers red stain to be able to run them correctly. Not having a red stain is irrelevant in many cases. Spirit fury is much more threatening in a chase, and played correctly that's close to what wraith can get purely through add-ons.

    And with Beast of Prey, you don't have any say over whether you have access to it in the areas where you can actually make use of the lack of a red stain. Plus, Beast of Prey also doesn't hide your TR. :P

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/808649#Comment_808649

    Yeah it’s so insanely fast.

    Even for an attentive survivor that tries to run once noticing the meter rising, most of the time it’s too late. They’re downed in seconds.

    Survivors don't see Ghostfaces meter.


  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814116#Comment_814116

    You can do whatever you want. If you are not stalking as ghostface, wraith is better. No cooldown on the power, can't be broken out of the power, way way better add-ons for an M1 killer (shadow dance + serpent + brutal strength gets pallet breaks down to like ~.3 seconds if I recall), and gets sloppy butcher as an add-on so you can basically run 5 perks instead of 4. You get the exact same ambush hits at the gens if you are good.

    First off, Wraith can be broken out of his power. It's called a flashlight.

    Second, Wraith has a delay as he goes out of his power before he can attack. This is huge and gives survivors a precious window to avoid the sneak attack and find a safe spot.

    Saying Ghost Face is a bad wraith is foolish and disingenuous.

  • @THEghostface said:

    This anti-heal build, which Tru3 is spreading about, is getting out of hand and is a poor impression for any new Ghost Face players. Sure, the build is handy for a versatile stealth killer like him, but thinking that his stalk mechanic is useless is laughable. You may as well play as dead rabbit Myers if you're using this build. As Ghost Face, marking survivors at the right given opportunity, applies more pressure than going about loudly with nurses calling and sloppy butcher, really boring gameplay that plenty of killers use, but Ghost Face is an exception because he can have no terror radius. Stalking can lead to map pressure if you use it correctly, unlike Tru3, who proceeds to call it bad while displaying poor usage of the ability, hence the build he calls "optimal". From what I've seen from Ghost Face mains, no one really tries when they stalk survivors, and that's pretty disappointing (PS4). Ghost Face carries the potential to add pressure by gaining fast downs and hooks, but the ever growing conditioning of playing a simple m1 killer with no terror radius instead brings people away from that potential. Play how you want, but I really don't want to see players using this great killer as if he's another killer, and not his own.

    Typically I stalk at the beggining because survivors don't know who the killer is. After that they keep an eye out for you so what's the point? Also ya don't need nurses with him lol

  • @not_Queef said:

    This playstyle is so braindead and tedious to play against.

    Really hoping for some devastating nerfs to dissuade people from playing like this.

    Don't worry, It will be like spirit, "Hes Overperforming", then they wonder why the face same killer every game. If only more killers had viability.

  • I like that someone says everytime something bad if someone says positive thing about ghostface is viable without stalking, without any proof. Meanwhile tru3talent got 15 wins in a row with ghostface without stalking in red ranks in a stream live. How can you cherry picking live?

    Imagine to be so ignorant to ignore even valid proof and badmouthing that person. Despite playing all the time in red ranks and wins a lot, he isnt a good killer and if he wins the survivor are just bad. Sure, that makes your argument surely valid.

  • @MasterUff said:

    I like to to say everytime omething bad if someone says positive thing about ghostface is viable, without any proof. Meanwhile tru3talent got 15 wins in a row with ghostface without stalking in red ranks in a stream live. How can you cherry picking live?

    I got 33 wins in a row with speed limiter Leatherface live. He still sucks.


    That being said Ghostface is way way better than Leatherface, but random games never prove anything.

  • Can somebody please explain why would you do this with ghostface when wraith could do the same, but better in every aspect?

    Tru3 living up to his meme status and mindless herd follows.

  • @Laakeri said:

    Can somebody please explain why would you do this with ghostface when wraith could do the same, but better in every aspect?

    Tru3 living up to his meme status and mindless herd follows.

    Wrath has to uncloak before the hit, hardly better run every aspect. FYI he has run the same build on wrath and discussed the similarities but I’m sure you wouldn’t know that because you don’t watch.

    Puppers also mentioned how strong the build is and even called it the “Tru build,” so instead of calling us sheep tell us why we should ignore gameplay and players I consider very knowledgeable and listen to you.

  • @THEghostface said:

    This anti-heal build, which Tru3 is spreading about, is getting out of hand and is a poor impression for any new Ghost Face players. Sure, the build is handy for a versatile stealth killer like him, but thinking that his stalk mechanic is useless is laughable. You may as well play as dead rabbit Myers if you're using this build. As Ghost Face, marking survivors at the right given opportunity, applies more pressure than going about loudly with nurses calling and sloppy butcher, really boring gameplay that plenty of killers use, but Ghost Face is an exception because he can have no terror radius. Stalking can lead to map pressure if you use it correctly, unlike Tru3, who proceeds to call it bad while displaying poor usage of the ability, hence the build he calls "optimal". From what I've seen from Ghost Face mains, no one really tries when they stalk survivors, and that's pretty disappointing (PS4). Ghost Face carries the potential to add pressure by gaining fast downs and hooks, but the ever growing conditioning of playing a simple m1 killer with no terror radius instead brings people away from that potential. Play how you want, but I really don't want to see players using this great killer as if he's another killer, and not his own.

    ghostface stalking is unplayable thanks to dedicated servers and devs did nothing about it xD

    https://youtu.be/8XJm_997KOk?t=1

    stalking is useful btw xd

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    Why play ghostface like a worse wraith? Wraith does this build so much better. Ghostface is all about the 1 shots where you can get them. Wraith is about ambushing people in succession or being an M1 killer with no heartbeat.

    Bad build. I don't care how much he says it's "optimal" when he is dunking on baddie survivors. I am sure every game on his channel is cherry-picked like all the other streamers. Want to know how many times I have tombstoned monto? Probably like 20+

    Guess how many are on his channel? 0!

    To my understanding, he played 20 games in a row, using GhostFace, and never lost. That was streamed live, and he did get some decent Survivors this time.

    The fact of the matter is, GhostFace's ability to turn off TR and Red Stain silently, makes him a better Wraith. His stalk is, usually, more trouble than its' worth.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814108#Comment_814108

    To my understanding, he played 20 games in a row, using GhostFace, and never lost. That was streamed live, and he did get some decent Survivors this time.

    The fact of the matter is, GhostFace's ability to turn off TR and Red Stain silently, makes him a better Wraith. His stalk is, usually, more trouble than its' worth.

    I will say this about the 20 game streak, I’ve watched Tru a lot and he’s good with killer so most likely he would have gotten very close to the same results with nearly any killer running this build so to say the stream proves GF worth is a bit of a stretch.

    I think GF is very good, but I’m guessing he wouldn’t have lost with Nurse, spirit, Freddy, Billy maybe even wrath Myers and pig the way he played

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814433#Comment_814433

    Wrath has to uncloak before the hit, hardly better run every aspect. FYI he has run the same build on wrath and discussed the similarities but I’m sure you wouldn’t know that because you don’t watch.

    Puppers also mentioned how strong the build is and even called it the “Tru build,” so instead of calling us sheep tell us why we should ignore gameplay and players I consider very knowledgeable and listen to you.

    Wraiths addons are superior to ghostfaces in every aspect in such anti heal setup.

    I used to watch True and Hexy in 2016-2017, but once I learned the game I understood why they are not as good as their view count in twitch / youtube indicate. I dont watch Puppers, but as Scott mentioned in this thread him 4k'ing 30 games in a row with LF doesnt make LF good, survivors were just bad.

  • @not_Queef said:

    This playstyle is so braindead and tedious to play against.

    Really hoping for some devastating nerfs to dissuade people from playing like this.

    I'll agree to your nerf if you agree to my nerf; solo queue for killers!


    Now we're both happy!

  • @Laakeri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814477#Comment_814477

    Wraiths addons are superior to ghostfaces in every aspect in such anti heal setup.

    I used to watch True and Hexy in 2016-2017, but once I learned the game I understood why they are not as good as their view count in twitch / youtube indicate. I dont watch Puppers, but as Scott mentioned in this thread him 4k'ing 30 games in a row with LF doesnt make LF good, survivors were just bad.

    He didn’t mention what ranks he was at with LF, for all we know it was a streak that took him from 15-5 for example plus we’re taking his word for all of this as opposed to games you can watch

  • Nurse's calling, thanaphobia, dying light and ruin are all really good perks on a stealth only GF.

    I personally want to be playing with more fun perks for both sides. Probably run corrupt intervention, surveillance,devour and noed. Full of surprises potentially. I'm all about surprises.

  • There's a time and place for stalking in the anti-heal build. I typically 99% injured people and expose them similar to a tier 3 Myers hit out of stealth later on after they heal. The playstyles aren't mutually exclusive. No 2 games are the same. Stalking because "it's the correct way to play" at the expense of an M1 hit is silly, and not taking advantage of good stalking oportunities is equally silly.

    Also, are people really out here saying Wraith does this build better? Lemme just ring my bell so you know you need to run or dead hard to a pallet.

  • "...but thinking that his stalk mechanic is useless is laughable."

    Is actually laughable. Have you tried to stalk every survivor without lost 1 or 2 gens? Did you know how easy is to break Ghostface out of his ability?

    "Stalking can lead to map pressure if you use it correctly, unlike Tru3, who proceeds to call it bad while displaying poor usage of the ability, hence the build he calls "optimal".

    Sorry, I have to laugh again. Pressure with STALK? If I remember, you can pressure the maps using good mobility. Something that Ghostface doesn't have it. Ghostface and 80% of the killers who aren't Spirit, Freddy, Nurse and Billy, right?


    I'm sorry. You don't know NOTHING about Ghostface. He's a M1 killer (running in unbalanced maps with 5 gens getting done in 2 seconds) who need to focus in get approximation of survivors and that's all about it, you don't have time to stalk. In theory is pretty beautiful the way you talk but when you play, then you know how things works. The point of Tru3talent's build is hidding your terror radius and red stain to confuse survivors and made them waste their time healing. If you think that is very disappointing because no one is using stalk then don't blame Tru3talent who are actually trying to convence people to play with Ghostface (and if I remember, he's not trying to change anyone's point of view in whatever build is good or not). You should blame the own behaviour for making killers with powers who now has """"interaction"""" with survivors and good survivors will never let you use GF ability properly. I'm sorry but this is the worst review about someone who is actually doing well with Ghostface and make me and other people like him.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/814528#Comment_814528

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr1a7HYo1Z0

    Gee, it's like everything I said 3 weeks ago he says now. Stalkless is playing ghostface like a worse wraith.

    A wrath that doesn't have to uncloak, so sorry to burst your bubble GF is still better.

    He always says you NEED rare addons to make Wrath good so don't paint just half the story to pat yourself on the back.

1 2 ›