Please... stop using Spirit every game Red Ranks... its Halloween man!

my desperate plea to the entity

Seriously, I've been making jokes in the pre-lobbies at this point about how I can see the future and that I constantly can see what Killer we're gonna get...

Guess what that Killer always is that I guess? Spirit... seriously, it's an event I don't see why everyone needs to play her like the other Killers don't exist. Like, I get it... she's now the new SS tier Killer because of the Nurse's nerf... you don't need to keep playing her every match though.

Seriously... please stop... I'm getting tired of my teammates DCing when the match is a dead end... and they still won't stop playing seriously after 1 2 and even 3 people DC ha ha...

I'm lucky that the last two matches I had gave me a SWFs and a solo coordinated team that knew what to do against her...

But... it's still getting old... please... stop...

obvious thing that doesn't need to be said

Of course me asking them to stop won't make them stop, and I know that this post won't make it stop in-general... I just wanted to address that Red Ranks is literally plagued (no pun intended) with this Killer because Nurse is now dethroned...

Like, it's getting old, and the jokes I'm making in those lobbies are becoming less of a joke... and more of a cruel reality. Also, one more thing i'll edit in here... You 100% don't have to stop playing serious as the Killer because someone DC'ed or the entire team except one person DC'ed... you are not obligated to stop playing how you want to play because some of Survivors wanted to ruin the fun...

It would just be nice to be lenient about it, it's Halloween after all... lets celebrate a little! 👻

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I played 10 matches of survivor last night, and faced Spirit only once. The rest were a mix of GF, Trapper, and Doctor. Also, that Spirit sucked. We were purple ranks, as was she, and she SUCKED, no offense to her.

    Spirit's are only hard to face if they know what theyre doing. You can face a mean Huntress and get just as mad as when you face a mean Spirit, the only difference is Spirit's ability is more fun. That's why you get more skilled Spirit's than other killers - at least it seems like it to you.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/800013#Comment_800013

    Allow me to show you why that's only continuing the toxic cycle. See, if someone actively wants to be toxic towards say... Killers... than those Killers will sometimes be discouraged and be toxic back in retaliation... and they'll do this by doing what you're saying and not playing nice anymore... that in turn shows affects Survivors that're not toxic at all...

    And in just continues the cycle, the Survivors that're nice wont be nice, than they'll be toxic towards Killers, than the Killers won't be nice, etc, etc. An endless cycle in this game.

    And yes, it's obvious that people won't play less serious because it's a double BP event... you don't need to go ALL OUT and scrap up every point you get... while also the 3 v 1 or 2 v 1 you're facing is completely destroyed because 1 or 2 Survivors wanted to just quit... all because the game wasn't a "good game" in their eyes...

    Again, you don't have to do that at all and you don't have to be nice either... But it would be cool if you were. I'm not insinuating that the Killers sit in the basement and let the remaining Survivors complete all 5 gens... doing little things like giving the last Survivor the hatch is a nice gesture...

    Right, I don't think being toxic because someone else was toxic is a good thing - I actively suggest not. The problem is like, let's say I want to be nice. I'd let survivors do Halloween gens, I wouldn't pressure them a ton, and I'd go out of my way to be a bit nicer for the sake of more BP. Do you know how often that same scenario isn't reflected back towards me? I'd get hardcore looped I'd have the survivors doing whatever they could do not let me hook them, and while I can understand they might not be aware that I'm playing nice, it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

    Have I had games where survivors have ran up to a Halloween hook and pointed at it? Yes. But generally speaking, if you play 10 games and 8 of them result in a bad time, you're not going to want to play Jumpscare Myer's on a massive map again, or not play a higher tier killer. The thing about playing Nurse or Spirit for example is you can choose to be nice, or if they don't want to play nice, you can choose to destroy their entire team, if you're good enough. I'd go into lobbies, you know, double BP, play nice. Flashlights, insta-meds, they didn't care about anything but themselves and their BP - they didn't care about the killer, they didn't use the BPS for -everyone-

    At the end of the day, if every killer was a B tier killer, you'd have no one wanting to play killer at red ranks and people would actively go out of their way to avoid the miserable experience because killers that offer an out to use your skill to win doesn't exist any longer.

  • An unfun Killer that has fundamentally broken mechanics for Survivors that're not skilled enough to face is completely different from another mechanic that can be avoided with simple pressure...

    You can't say that pressure doesn't fix the issue, it keeps Survivors off generators to rescue Survivors and if enough are hooked than the snowball can keep going!

  • @lynelmane said:

    I played 10 matches of survivor last night, and faced Spirit only once. The rest were a mix of GF, Trapper, and Doctor. Also, that Spirit sucked. We were purple ranks, as was she, and she SUCKED, no offense to her.

    Spirit's are only hard to face if they know what theyre doing. You can face a mean Huntress and get just as mad as when you face a mean Spirit, the only difference is Spirit's ability is more fun. That's why you get more skilled Spirit's than other killers - at least it seems like it to you.

    You're a very lucky man than.

    And mostly it was Trapper when the game started the event because of the lore challenge. It honestly depends on the mood of the day or the frequency of Spirit mains that dictates what you get more often...

  • @PoisonN said:

    Don't y'all get tired to talk about Spirit everyday? Jesus, I wish she never happened in DBD

    This is like, my one Spirit post in awhile...

    I can't speak for the rest of the forums of course.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/800069#Comment_800069

    You're a very lucky man than.

    And mostly it was Trapper when the game started the event because of the lore challenge. It honestly depends on the mood of the day or the frequency of Spirit mains that dictates what you get more often...

    The trapper match I played was wack.. 2 people DC'd within 1 minute so the trapper just farmed with us. We also stepped in his traps and let him hit us and all that. So I guess we were lucky.

    I did face Doctor 3 times though.. It didn't really make sense since I almost never see him, especially at purple ranks.

  • @Killmaster said:

    I'm trying to get Adept Myers today but it's taking 20+ minutes just to find a match as killer.

    That's another issue with the MM for some players, depending on their ranks, region, etc.

    For me, I get almost instant lobbies or at the latest it takes 3 minutes. 2 more for the lobby to get players if not already having them.

  • @KuromiStarwind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/800043#Comment_800043

    Right, I don't think being toxic because someone else was toxic is a good thing - I actively suggest not. The problem is like, let's say I want to be nice. I'd let survivors do Halloween gens, I wouldn't pressure them a ton, and I'd go out of my way to be a bit nicer for the sake of more BP. Do you know how often that same scenario isn't reflected back towards me? I'd get hardcore looped I'd have the survivors doing whatever they could do not let me hook them, and while I can understand they might not be aware that I'm playing nice, it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

    Have I had games where survivors have ran up to a Halloween hook and pointed at it? Yes. But generally speaking, if you play 10 games and 8 of them result in a bad time, you're not going to want to play Jumpscare Myer's on a massive map again, or not play a higher tier killer. The thing about playing Nurse or Spirit for example is you can choose to be nice, or if they don't want to play nice, you can choose to destroy their entire team, if you're good enough. I'd go into lobbies, you know, double BP, play nice. Flashlights, insta-meds, they didn't care about anything but themselves and their BP - they didn't care about the killer, they didn't use the BPS for -everyone-

    At the end of the day, if every killer was a B tier killer, you'd have no one wanting to play killer at red ranks and people would actively go out of their way to avoid the miserable experience because killers that offer an out to use your skill to win doesn't exist any longer.

    I think the issue stems from the lack of updates for the lower tiered Killers at the moment, their main focus should be that... If most of the tier list was buffed than we'd see a lot more diversity and even less toxicity because of it. I can understand where you're coming from, but you're the Killer... you dictate how the game will go for both the Survivors and your enjoyment as well...

    You shouldn't always play like that, or in-general. But a nice gesture like letting one person live at the end is good enough in my eyes, that's something thats good enough... you don't need to really go all out with the kindness.

    We can't ignore broken and unfun mechanics though within a game, that's why it takes time to iron these out... albeit slowly.

  • Ill stop using the spirit when they buff other killers powers to be more viable against red 4 rank rank skilled survivors

  • Okay no Spirit, in response you as survivor agree not to loop my M1 killer around killer shack or any other "near infinite," loop right?

  • @lynelmane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/800085#Comment_800085

    The trapper match I played was wack.. 2 people DC'd within 1 minute so the trapper just farmed with us. We also stepped in his traps and let him hit us and all that. So I guess we were lucky.

    I did face Doctor 3 times though.. It didn't really make sense since I almost never see him, especially at purple ranks.

    Doctor is like, the 2nd best farmer behind Legion now... That's probably why... some Killers had a lot of old offerings to use on him or something, or they're just looking for points and don't own Legions DLC...

    Either or.

  • Because most the other killers are weak and playing a bully simulator isn't fun. If they'd buff other killers we'd see other killers.

  • @Spirit_Hag said:

    Ill stop using the spirit when they buff other killers powers to be more viable against red 4 rank rank skilled survivors

    By all means, go right ahead. Do keep in mind though to be a bit nice to people who're just trying to have fun, the same goes for you.

    Just play the game normally, if you feel someone deserves the hatch at the end than why not? If you don't want to do any of this than that's 100% your choice too. Don't play the way I'd like you to or anyone else would... it's your Killer.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    Okay no Spirit, in response you as survivor agree not to loop my M1 killer around killer shack or any other "near infinite," loop right?

    You're missing the point, it's not fun to face a Killer with broken mechanics, it's another thing to be looped around shack because you want to 1, stay in a losing chase. 2, you attempt to go against someone that'll waste a lot of your time to down. Or 3, avoiding to apply pressure by going after less skilled Survivors.

    This is an entirely different argument with how M1 Killers face most loops in-general, lets keep it like... one at a time please...

  • I only use Spirit so I can frighten the heck out of people in front of their face :D while doing their bloody gens .


    I let the obsession or perhaps a pitiful bad survivor free if they were nice as a treat or I WILL MORI YOU IF YOU BE BAD , A TRICK , TRICK!!!!!

  • @Blueberry said:

    Because most the other killers are weak and playing a bully simulator isn't fun. If they'd buff other killers we'd see other killers.

    Yes, that's exactly what we're talking above in the posts above. It would increase the health of the game overall... and give all ranks a lot more diversity to use in any rank ESPECIALLY Red Ranks...

    You can play any Killer you want, it's your Killer after all. It's just nice though to keep in mind that some people might not... like facing that Killer because of their mechanics... which are considered by most to be unfun to face.

    I'm not saying go all out and let people farm or finish all 5 gens because 2 people DC'ed or something, but a small gesture like giving someone the hatch is good enough. Or don't do that... up to you.

  • @Crackgear said:

    I only use Spirit so I can frighten the heck out of people in front of their face :D while doing their bloody gens .

    I let the obsession or perhaps a pitiful bad survivor free if they were nice as a treat or I WILL MORI YOU IF YOU BE BAD , A TRICK , TRICK!!!!!

    At least you're keeping that in mind when facing some Survivors that're not as good or... if like half or 75% of the team DC'ed because you're playing Spirit.

    You don't have to do it, but it's nice that you do!

  • @TATAHARAMBE said:

    no spirit = no kills

    no kills = no fun

    no fun = no other killers

    no other killers = the players will be bored

    the players will be bored = the game will slowly die

    Devs need to buff other killers.

    You lost me at the first sentence

1 2 ›