Lets wait before changing spirit please

We already got Nurse's QoL "change", lets change the lower tier killers first, like Legion and Clown, before we go back and try to change a top tier killer

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Hoodied said:

    We already got Nurse's QoL "change", lets change the lower tier killers first, like Legion and Clown, before we go back and try to change a top tier killer

    They never said spirit was their priority. All they said was that she was going to have some changes eventually. They will probably do doctor,legion and leatherface and billy's addons first.

  • @Hoodied said:

    We already got Nurse's QoL "change", lets change the lower tier killers first, like Legion and Clown, before we go back and try to change a top tier killer

    Nope it's unfair the best killer with highest skill cap on the game get nerfed. And we should wait for the best killer with low skill cap to get nerfed. Spirit is unfun to play against and her add-ons prayer beads/ father glasses combo should be nerfed as well.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/100028/lets-wait-before-changing-spirit-please

    They never said spirit was their priority. All they said was that she was going to have some changes eventually. They will probably do doctor,legion and leatherface and billy's addons first.

    I am aware, no pun intended, but you can either shatter spirit, or make spirit viable still and not shatter

  • @xllxENIGMAxllx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/100028/lets-wait-before-changing-spirit-please

    Nope it's unfair the best killer with highest skill cap on the game get nerfed. And we should wait for the best killer with low skill cap to get nerfed. Spirit is unfun to play against and her add-ons prayer beads/ father glasses combo should be nerfed as well.

    That's really her only needed change, like nurse's add-ons needed to be reworked, spirits need some too


    EDIT: Forgot to mention, they really over did nurse's changes imo

  • Is there a scenario where you would be okay with Spirit getting some changes? The devs outright said she’s over-performing. What else do we need to know before it’s okay to change her?

  • Why? Spirit is a statistical outlier. We cannot have strong killers that are capable of killing survivors. She deserves slight tweaks as much as Nurse did.

  • @hiC said:

    Is there a scenario where you would be okay with Spirit getting some changes? The devs outright said she’s over-performing. What else do we need to know before it’s okay to change her?

    Change some of her add-ons, that is it


    Don't even touch her basekit as its countered by back tracking, spine chill, mindgaming the mindgamer, etc

  • @hiC said:

    Is there a scenario where you would be okay with Spirit getting some changes? The devs outright said she’s over-performing. What else do we need to know before it’s okay to change her?

    I think you misunderstood what they meant. They arent saying "Do not nerf Spirit at all" they are saying "close the gap from bottom tier to top tier a bit before nerfing another top tier"

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799397#Comment_799397

    Change some of her add-ons, that is it

    Don't even touch her basekit as its countered by back tracking, spine chill, mindgaming the mindgamer, etc

    Just slight tweaks

  • Yes


    *looks both ways*

    S l i g h t

    *Proceeds to delet spirits power*

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799397#Comment_799397

    Change some of her add-ons, that is it

    Don't even touch her basekit as its countered by back tracking, spine chill, mindgaming the mindgamer, etc

    Those aren’t viable counters. There’s collision while she phases if you backtrack. Spine chill helps if your plan is to hide from her, but the oppressive part of her kit is how she performs in a chase.

    The idea that she is mind gaming survivors is an illusion. It implies that she is giving the survivors information that fools them into making the wrong play. Survivors currently have NO information when she’s phasing, forcing them to make a guess and pray. That’s not mind gaming. Beyond that, the audio and collision she has while phasing give her an unbeatable advantage.

  • I think their strategy to give some nerfs to the top killers (Nurse/Spirit), while at the same time nerfing survivors. We have already seen them bring down instaheals with the Nurse changes, and you can bet if Spirit gets a few nerfs that they will offset it by bringing the hammer down on something big for survivors like Adrenaline and make it useless. Mark my words.

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799397#Comment_799397

    I think you misunderstood what they meant. They arent saying "Do not nerf Spirit at all" they are saying "close the gap from bottom tier to top tier a bit before nerfing another top tier"

    Misunderstood what who meant? I’m replying to the OP, not the devs.

  • I’m hoping she is still good after the changes, I love facing her.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I’m hoping she is still good after the changes, I love facing her.

    Seconded on that

  • Remove Survivor collision for her and rework Prayer Beads, and make it so she moves grass and anything movable on the ground when she moves and she'll be okay.


    Add on rework ideas:

    • Dampens the sound of phasing and shortens the range to where Survivors can hear it tremendously.
    • You see all Survivor auras at more than 20 meters away from you for 2 seconds.
    • Breathing and Injured noises is considerably louder while phasing (stacks with Stridor).
  • @hiC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799412#Comment_799412

    Misunderstood what who meant? I’m replying to the OP, not the devs.

    Op didn't state he was not fine with changing her. He said he wants the low tiers buffed a little first. Which implies he is somewhat okay with Spirit getting their changes but wants lower tiered buffed first.

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799453#Comment_799453

    Op didn't state he was not fine with changing her. He said he wants the low tiers buffed a little first. Which implies he is somewhat okay with Spirit getting their changes but wants lower tiered buffed first.

    Ahh I see what you mean. Good point.

  • Sure, i wouldn't mind seeing my bell ringer even stronger!

  • If they're nerfing all of the high tier killers I can only assume the next step for them is to bring each and every killer up in strength, close but below where the current top tier killers are.

    If they simply nerf the only killers in the game that use their skill and strengths to actually really give good survivors a showing, and do nothing else to adjust either killer strength, or extend the length of games, you're going to have a real shitshow on your hands and no one is going to want to play a red rank killer anymore.

    Problem is I just don't see them going through all that time and effort when they can barely balance anything in the game as it is - it'd take them 2 years to go through rebalancing all the killers. And guess what? You still get situations like Legion, or situations like Thantophobia, where even reworks and "buffs" make things worse than they even were.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I’m hoping she is still good after the changes, I love facing her.

    I personally don't because 9 out of 10 times one or more of your teammates will DC, and most Spirit mains don't care at all and will still go full force on your 3v1 or 2v1...

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799459#Comment_799459

    I personally don't because 9 out of 10 times one or more of your teammates will DC, and most Spirit mains don't care at all and will still go full force on your 3v1 or 2v1...

    I’ve noticed nobody really shows mercy anymore, sometimes people dc against her but it doesn’t always happen.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799552#Comment_799552

    I’ve noticed nobody really shows mercy anymore, sometimes people dc against her but it doesn’t always happen.

    Happens to me a lot lol...

    Nobody wants to play against her not because she's OP, but because she isn't fun. Like... some people find her fun, but most don't.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799552#Comment_799552

    I’ve noticed nobody really shows mercy anymore, sometimes people dc against her but it doesn’t always happen.

    Like, literally I said in pre-chat as a joke in the match I just had... the joke was "I can see the future guys, I can see... a Spirit yes... spirit main #3342354235657434... that'll be our Killer"

    Guess what? It's Spirit! :DDDDDDDD

    Like, i'm lucky one person on the team held their weight against her, cause the rest of us couldn't... (even though I did ok lasting a minute, A NEW RECORD!) So 3 of us escaped luckily...

    But if I didn't have a teammate that could loop her... than I can say 100% someone would've died on hook instantly, or DC'ed... It happens so often that I just expect it now.

    That's why it isn't fun to face her, because not many people can counter her and in-general the way she is isn't fun... so people just DC or die on first hook and leave me to suffer...

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799568#Comment_799568

    Like, literally I said in pre-chat as a joke in the match I just had... the joke was "I can see the future guys, I can see... a Spirit yes... spirit main #3342354235657434... that'll be our Killer"

    Guess what? It's Spirit! :DDDDDDDD

    Like, i'm lucky one person on the team held their weight against her, cause the rest of us couldn't... (even though I did ok lasting a minute, A NEW RECORD!) So 3 of us escaped luckily...

    But if I didn't have a teammate that could loop her... than I can say 100% someone would've died on hook instantly, or DC'ed... It happens so often that I just expect it now.

    That's why it isn't fun to face her, because not many people can counter her and in-general the way she is isn't fun... so people just DC or die on first hook and leave me to suffer...

    I hate when people don’t like x item/offering/perk/killer and then dc, just play the match and try. Only way to improve.

  • :1; Spirit does not need nerve, she is already pretty nerfed like that! His power does not last long and his addons ... Moreover, it is one of the killers who can easily counter the LOOP infinite .. ha ha, it hurts you this !!!


    2; Do not touch Ghostface thanks! His power is OK, does not need a nerve, just learn to move instead of hiding!


    3; The nurse had her nerve, she still remains OP for me. The "plaid" will make you regret having nerve!


    4; Sanction the "tbag".


    5; The infinite LOOP .. have to move that! As devloppers have done for the windows.


    Turn around a vehicle without the killer catching you to leave the field open to other players for generators .. I think it's small!


    It would have needed more generators to repair, the rush of the generators it harms the gameplay of the killer, so stop complaining of a power, all because you like Rush, LOOP or tbag the killers!


    Me I propose : the FPS view for survivors !

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799628#Comment_799628

    I hate when people don’t like x item/offering/perk/killer and then dc, just play the match and try. Only way to improve.

    Yes, but nobody wants to so they actively choose not to.

    And making a new DC system to force people that specifically don't want to try against OP Killers will get us no where with Spirit. (Of course we need a DCing system though, it would fix a lot of DCing and have people actually play matches, rather than just quitting out because they don't like the match.)

    But my point is, fixing DCing will still not change the fact that she isn't fun to face... (For most people.)

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799648#Comment_799648

    Yes, but nobody wants to so they actively choose not to.

    And making a new DC system to force people that specifically don't want to try against OP Killers will get us no where with Spirit. (Of course we need a DCing system though, it would fix a lot of DCing and have people actually play matches, rather than just quitting out because they don't like the match.)

    But my point is, fixing DCing will still not change the fact that she isn't fun to face... (For most people.)

    Some people dc because a Trapper/LF get a basement hook though or the survivors are good at getting chased, I don’t think dcs are a good factor in this.