END THE SERVER TEST

this dedicated server "test" has gone on WAY TO LONG, it would be QUITE the shady move to call this a "test" and actually just permanently keep them up as a launch as an excuse for their poor quality. Grabs are nearly impossible anymore, plenty of times you will start the grab animation and then end up doing a MISSED M1 allowing the survivor to EASILY ESCAPE BECAUSE OF DEDICATED SERVERS, charging powers like plague still feel bad on Dedicated servers. hitboxes on survivors are still an issue at times but other times they feel like the killer was cheated, also how Michael myers can go from tier 3 to tier 2 due to Dedicated servers. hitboxes on hatchets, etc.

THIS

TEST

NEEDS

TO

END

Comments

  • I agree, although with less anger :)

  • At this point they're probably here to stay and they're waiting for the update to announce it/bring them to consoles.

    The "test" has been up for almost a month all together.

    Best to just accept that this is DbD for the near future. 🤷‍♀️

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    At this point they're probably here to stay and they're waiting for the update to announce it/bring them to consoles.

    The "test" has been up for almost a month all together.

    Best to just accept that this is DbD for the near future. 🤷‍♀️

    poor trapper stepping into his own traps after he just placed them ;_;

  • Are you all from america perchance?

  • @SteveyTheExEevee said:

    Are you all from america perchance?

    I am at least

  • I think they will come up with some updates tomorrow. Hopefully. I mean i get grab bugs every second game with nurse. I don't mean the bug takes away the grab, it takes away my ability to teleport and lunge randomly.

  • The reason i ask is most of the complaints i've seen regarding servers are american players. I live in the UK and it makes me believe its a matchmaking issue if anything. The only issues i've faced is typical hitbox issues BHVR need to look at, but lets be honest, they'll delay looking at that for years.


    I've played normally, got UK servers but had killers from the US and survivors, which means they're being matched in the same server as me so they'll get bad ping..

  • @tonycuup7 said:

    I agree, although with less anger :)

    I wouldn't be angry if what they said was true on how during October they would be doing dedicated server TESTS, not launching them. they are not being very clear atm because for all we know with the information they have told us THIS IS STILL A TEST. if they where more clear then I wouldn't be as upset with BHVR

  • @SteelDragon said:

    this dedicated server "test" has gone on WAY TO LONG, it would be QUITE the shady move to call this a "test" and actually just permanently keep them up as a launch as an excuse for their poor quality. Grabs are nearly impossible anymore, plenty of times you will start the grab animation and then end up doing a MISSED M1 allowing the survivor to EASILY ESCAPE BECAUSE OF DEDICATED SERVERS, charging powers like plague still feel bad on Dedicated servers. hitboxes on survivors are still an issue at times but other times they feel like the killer was cheated, also how Michael myers can go from tier 3 to tier 2 due to Dedicated servers. hitboxes on hatchets, etc.

    THIS

    TEST

    NEEDS

    TO

    END

    Actually no. Ive done plenty of grabs. Your ping must be ass or something

  • I play on 150 ping in europe but I can say hitboxes at survivor side are much better than before as for killer side its a bit delayed bcz of ping but its fine I think servers are much better

  • i agree. They're still not ready to be permanent

    please turn them off I just want to grab people off gens again :-(

  • @Alexmon70 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/99093/end-the-server-test

    Actually no. Ive done plenty of grabs. Your ping must be ass or something

    50 ping on average is bad? ok

  • Tbh... It's official

  • Please stop beating the dead horse. 6 server discussions started by you and counting.

    dead horse.PNG

    This is the direction the game is going and we will all have to get used to the new normal.

  • the servers are fine for me. but thats maybe because i live near them.

  • @ColonGlock said:

    Please stop beating the dead horse. 6 server discussions started by you and counting.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/062/RVZTQCVJ000O.png

    This is the direction the game is going and we will all have to get used to the new normal.

    The amount of threads just shows what a problem it is. How do the devs respond? Radio silence. Not cool. The dedicated servers need a lot more work before they are released to the player base. We are being treated as beta testers and that is not acceptable.

  • I'm really not sure how to feel about dedicated servers. They feel super damn nice for me as killer and as survivor, but I always hear complaints. I'm torn on the subject and I'm pretty curious if there's a way for Behavior to improve the quality for everyone.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/790857#Comment_790857

    The biggest problem with dedicated servers is that usually killer benefits from the high ping.

    There have been times where I've literally dropped a pallet early in a jungle gym, ran around two corners, and was hit by the killer through the dropped pallet when they're still on the other side of it. Like, #########? I had 50 ping on that server.

    I've not had a case nearly as stupid as that, but pretty consistently even when I have 50~70 ping, the delay between the killer feels like it's around 300~500 ping with how generous hit detection goes. And I get similar complains from the survivors whenever I play killer. It often ends with them DCing because of course it feels awful to fully vault a window and pallet and take 2~3 steps and still somehow go down.

    I've heard thats an issue with hitbox mechancis keeping your hitbox on a "delay" until the animation is over for some dumb reason. You maybe on the otherside of a pallet sliding over for the last second, but the hitbox for the killer is still on the otherside of the pallet for no reason.


    Same with windows i'm guessing, completely stupid but the devs wont change it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/791916#Comment_791916

    It's like this for slow vaulting pallets and windows until the animation is done, but not fast vaulting.

    We're talking like a full second delay here, and being hit from 6+ meters away.

    Zubat's video is a fairly accurate representation of what most of the matches tend to be like for me:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDS-1jincko&t=1s


    Jesus that thumbnail. Nice choice in content creators. I'll check it out. But 'ey. BHVR gonna BHVR. Expect to keep those delayed hitboxes for the next year or two. It's a survivor issue and you know how much BHVR love to drag their feet around survivor issues.


    If it was an issue with animation delay for killers then you'd be expected to wait until the end of the day at least... end of the week at most.