Leave Self Care alone!
i don’t care how many perks of ours they nerf, self care is way too valuable when you’re a solo survivor and have an unreliable team....
EDIT: It was said that the nerf is going to be that you will lose all progress if you stop healing, I am completely okay with that nerf. I just thought I couldn’t self heal for a maximum amount of times. Some people also made some suggestions about using other perks in the place of Self Care like Bond... I think I’ll be trying it.
EDIT: It was said that the nerf is going to be that you will lose all progress if you stop healing, I am completely okay with that nerf. I just thought I couldn’t self heal for a maximum amount of times. Some people also made some suggestions about using other perks in the place of Self Care like Bond... I think I’ll be trying it.
Comments
I play solo only and I don't use Self Care.
Reliance on crutches like that ultimately make you worse as a solo player. I find myself doing so much better when I don't use any perks at all than when I do.
Either way, infinite healing is powerful, and it makes ambush Killers kinda pointless. What's the point of getting a hit in early if they can spend 20 seconds to erase that?
I feel like the devs are going to make it to where you can only heal yourself so many times, I can only imagine trolling team mates leaving my healing progress bar at a touch away, give me a teabag, and then run off...
Isn’t Nurses Calling used to counter self care if the person escaped out the chase?
Bond for instance. Comes in handy WAAAAY more than self care ever did. Hard to believe I know. But when ur hurt it's easy to find someone for quick heals and it let's me know if someone is nearby so we can tag a gen together.
Empathy is another one that I didn't think much of but really liked it when I used it. YES I can only see other injured survivors but hey, if I go heal them they usually heal me.
There's countless others to consider and self care can pretty much be replaced by Pharmacy.....
When HOW u play the game depends entirely on ONE perk, you've already lost the game.
I hate having unreliable teammates too but that's just how the game is. You've gotta power through it and get through the bullshit to eventually see competent players.
That wasn't an idea they had, infinite healing is an issue but their rework idea didn't involve an X amount of heals.
Nurse's Calling can then be countered by not healing when the Killer is in heartbeat range.
I don’t see any other ways they can nerf it and make it less “powerful” other than maximum amount of heals...
Use medkits, problem solved, you don't need to thx me
Lol, I have 105 yellow medkits on Jake. I never bother using items either cause you don't need 'em as Survivor.
I agree with you on that, but I'm answering her/him about her fearing selfcare nerf.
Don't be a meta slave, my most enjoyable game are the game where I go perkless or do a meme build.
Hell lately I've been doing perk roulette, my build can be both amazing ot total trash.
And it's perfectly fine.
Nor survivor nor killer are suppose to win every time.
It's a game, have fun.
Amen, spoken like a true legend.
I never bother to try out different things as Killer though. I fear not having Ruin or BBQ.
You fear that your teamate won't heal you (wich is silly everyone want free bloodpoint) if you have a medkit you'll still be able to heal, even after the selfcare nerf.
If the limited use bother you so much take a medkit and pharmacy that way your guaranty to have at lest two yellow medkit, even without addon it's 4 heal, that way much that what you'll need most match even if you get out of your way to prevent your teamate to heal you.
I am also one of the bond users. When you start to use bond, you just can't stop using it. It kinda became meta for me and I think it is better than self care tbh. There are many situations in which bond becomes really valuable. Finding other players to repair generators, healing yourself and others, when somebody is being camped you can see the teammates near the hook and make a play like getting a hit for someone else to get the save etc.
If you are going to use bond, you might as well want to use Iron will too but i don't know how many perk slots you can give. My build is urban evasion, iron will, bond and windows of opportunity. Believe me, you don't need any kind of crutch perks to play the game.
Are you really upset that you will loose progress if you stop healing?
You shouldn't be healing in a situation like that anyway.
Like you survivors are so fond of saying.
Adapt.
Agreed, I spawn next to Hexes so much it's not even funny. I'll run into a jungle gym to find a lit totem less than 10 seconds of the match starting. Not an SWF issue, it's a totem issue.
I don't mind the nerf and I like to bring a medkit anyways that if a killer is too close i can use the medkit and sc when I'm super far away.
Exactly, it is way too valuable
Glad that you realized it
I would never even mention the perk if it didn't make Freddy absolutely useless.
Self-care, along with bad map design, needs to get changed.
The safetiness it provides is just too strong.
I honestly think they should remove self care from the game and I'm a survivor main.
I mean, it's not a big deal if people switch to Bond. This change is kiiiinda low impact, but it makes A Nurse's Calling stronger (again).
I have been solo for the majority of my 2.9K survivor-main hours and not having self care and being injured has become second nature. I don't even notice when I'm injured any more (Iron Will will contribute to that) and still, I'm almost always at the top of each round.
To me, players that can't play without self care are just really bad and mostly ######### egoistic brats that don't even try some teamwork and find teammates to heal them.
I’ve had times where I didn’t run it, found someone working on a gen, continuously signaling the person to get off the gen and heal me, but instead get ignored when the gen they’re working on is barely even done.
I also see D-Strike as a good change now because it’ll lower the numbers of cocky survivors since they don’t have that get out of jail free card anymore...
this is an asymmetrical game the team side should have to work together (finding and healing each other) to defeat the single player
So the point is if they took away self care heck if they took away all exhaustion perks you can still get to the high ranks because like I said I didn’t even know what the “meta” was until I start talking to members of the DBD community.
but you will end up with unreliable teammates sometimes, and playing survivor is a team game, not a solo game. so yes, self-care should not be done alone.
if your found during healing and escape, you just start the process again? So you have to heal in a safe place for the 100% completing?
i dont see how this is much of a nurf for people who actually hide and heal. All this stops is the BS of looping and healing at the same time, and if your found mid heal why should you keep your progress?
It doesnt stop the healing. It doesnt slow the healing. It doesnt make the healing harder. Therefore, it is not a counter in any way shape or form.
I think we need another SWF meeting to discuss this. Maybe WE go on strike!!! Cue triggered Killers in 3...2....1...