BHVR wants to troll us a little bit? Not sure honestly

So, we all know that the community hates the struggling and the wiggling mechanic. Majority wants it changes to be automatically or at least just holding a button down instead of smashing it and the devs respond to that:

“Added a new Survivor score event for wiggling in the Killer's grasp. 25 Bloodpoints per second."

Im not complaining about the bloodpoints, but that's not really what we wanted tho.

Comments

  • Wiggling is fine in my opinion. There should be some effort for the Survivor so that he does not end up in the Basement. Hook struggling on the other hand has to be automatic with an option to give up.

    And more Survival-BP are really needed for Survivors, the BP-Cap for Survivors is more like 29k than 32k.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Wiggling is fine in my opinion. There should be some effort for the Survivor so that he does not end up in the Basement. Hook struggling on the other hand has to be automatic with an option to give up.

    And more Survival-BP are really needed for Survivors, the BP-Cap for Survivors is more like 29k than 32k.

    Agreed.

    But more survival bp only for leaving through the exit gates, please. (No need to encourage hatch camping any further.)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Wiggling is fine in my opinion. There should be some effort for the Survivor so that he does not end up in the Basement. Hook struggling on the other hand has to be automatic with an option to give up.

    And more Survival-BP are really needed for Survivors, the BP-Cap for Survivors is more like 29k than 32k.

    The effort doesn't have to be a dumb button mash. That's so 2000's game design.

  • I like wiggling. Struggling is annoying, but wiggling has all the positives of struggling (activity, tension, etc.) with none of the physical and mental strain. Maybe it's because your life isn't forfeit if you miss a single button mash. Either way, I'm glad they added a scoring event for it. Survivor bloodpoints are thin on the ground as it is.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770080#Comment_770080

    The effort doesn't have to be a dumb button mash. That's so 2000's game design.

    Exactly this! Dumb button smashing is so consumer unfriendly

  • it should be viable to get a lot more in survival without escaping tbh. Its a pretty dead scoring category, especially when compared to the fact a killer can get a 0k and get over 6k in hooking. adding points to wiggling feels like an attempt to bridge that gap a bit. Even when surviving, you rarely get over 6k in survival unless going against specific killers with survival scoring events.

    Also their reasoning for why struggling isnt a simple button press is because its supposed to be, just that: struggling. The timing is actually a lot more lax than you might think.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I like wiggling. Struggling is annoying, but wiggling has all the positives of struggling (activity, tension, etc.) with none of the physical and mental strain. Maybe it's because your life isn't forfeit if you miss a single button mash. Either way, I'm glad they added a scoring event for it. Survivor bloodpoints are thin on the ground as it is.

    Yall really should get more BPs.

  • Struggling should be the main concern. Imo dev's opinion on that struggling should feel uncomfortable is plain ignorant. I'd be so happy if they just removed it and let us hang on the hook in peace.

  • Wiggle could be altered to say holding down a button or something. As I sometimes don't want to wiggle from their grasp intentionally. I don't think that should be automatic like either.

    Struggling however needs to be automatic, as in no button mashing to struggling. That is a real pain. Especially when the game doesn't register your clicks.

    Button mash is not fun. Please change, thanks.

  • Honestly the button presses for wiggling are much better than struggling. I'd much rather "wiggle" on the hook than mashing one button all the time.

  • @oxygen said:

    Honestly the button presses for wiggling are much better than struggling. I'd much rather "wiggle" on the hook than mashing one button all the time.

    Yeah agree here, but doesn't mean it's good you know. I don't like both. But if I had the choice I would rather wiggle than struggle.

  • Very hard to wiggle off nowadays without intervention from another survivor. The hooks are so close together.

    Only reason I wiggle is so not to get taken to the basement...