Resident evil project resistance

Idk if anyone saw the trailer for Resident evil project resistance ?

I feel if new mechanics are not added to the game this could really bring down DbD.

Lbh the graphics, gameplay and mechanics looks much better. If the maps and new survivors they come up with are just half of the potential I see...this is going to hit hard!


Ideas;

1- New objectives with actual ingame interractions like when it open certain gates on certain maps but on all of them.

2- New map interractions for the killers. Closing certain areas or activating certain things to injure the survivors.

3- New type of perks aside from exhaustion and sensory. Magic, science, weapons are all great things that could be interesting in-game.

Comments

  • Yeah I've seen it. It's the next threat to DBD, but unlike all the others this one has a real shot at claiming the crown because, well, it's RE.

    We'll see.

  • I'm uncomfortable how much of a straight rip off their Survivors are of DbD and 80s horror slasher flicks.

    I'm also upset that they are ripping off DbD.

    DbD only happened cuz Behaviour is an independent studio not answering to share holders like Capcom/EA/Activision. Those triple A studios WOULD NEVER have attempted an symmetrical game like DbD.


    So I'm bitter they're coming along and taking DbD's shine. What's worse that since RE is such a huge popular franchise, I truly see it being able to impact the DbD player population.

  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    I'm uncomfortable how much of a straight rip off their Survivors are of DbD and 80s horror slasher flicks.

    I'm also upset that they are ripping off DbD.

    DbD only happened cuz Behaviour is an independent studio not answering to share holders like Capcom/EA/Activision. Those triple A studios WOULD NEVER have attempted an symmetrical game like DbD.

    So I'm bitter they're coming along and taking DbD's shine. What's worse that since RE is such a huge popular franchise, I truly see it being able to impact the DbD player population.

    I definetly feel you but lbh games like Identity v are much worst, unless it was made by behavior, this is a literal copy past.

    At least REPR has new mechanics proper to the game like fire arms and enemy allies spawning.

    Although, I really like DbD and would HATE to see it go so imo they have to learn from their enemies and fight back.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    Idk if anyone saw the trailer for Resident evil project resistance ?

    I feel if new mechanics are not added to the game this could really bring down DbD.

    Lbh the graphics, gameplay and mechanics looks much better. If the maps and new survivors they come up with are just half of the potential I see...this is going to hit hard!

    Ideas;

    1- New objectives with actual ingame interractions like when it open certain gates on certain maps BUT on all maps.

    2- New map interractions for the killer. Closing certain area or equipement to cause harm.

    3- New type of perks aside from exhaustion and sensory. Magic, science, weapon are all great things that could be interesting in-game.

    If Last Year didn't do it then this won't

    I love RE but not the way I love DBD. The characters and lore of DBD are better. Plus DBD allows me to do what I've always wanted to do as a kid. Growing up, I always wanted to play as horror movie slashers in a game. DBD is literally what I've always wanted. If Pennywise, Pinhead, and Jason ever make it in then my life will be complete.

  • As an RE veteran fan I doubt that it could cause any harm to dbd , since capcom basically recycled RE2 remake resources to creat low cost game . They're just trying to grab money without much investments . It's already been called umbrella corps 2.0 (if you are into resident evil you understand) .

  • OMG, Identity V looks fun!

    Is it made by BHVR?

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/96700/resident-evil-project-resistance

    If Last Year didn't do it then this won't

    I love RE but not the way I love DBD. The characters and lore of DBD are better. Plus DBD allows me to do what I've always wanted to do as a kid. Growing up, I always wanted to play as horror movie slashers in a game. DBD is literally what I've always wanted. If Pennywise, Pinhead, and Jason ever make it in then my life will be complete.

    Last year was made by a small company not a giant like Capcom which can fuel MILLIONS into the game.

    Not only that they already have fans backing them up so it isn't about wether or not they have* players but if DbD players switch and what would make* them switch.

    Also, saying RE lore isn't at DbD lvl is ridiculous, it's more like the other way around.

    They have hacks, weapons and gadgets!

  • @SeducedByDaemonette said:

    As an RE veteran fan I doubt that it could cause any harm to dbd , since capcom basically recycled RE2 remake resources to creat low cost game . They're just trying to grab money without much investments . It's already been called umbrella corps 2.0 (if you are into resident evil you understand) .

    No lbh again, I see no one saying it looks bad or not fun. Ppl are just complaining bc they wanted the remake which has since been released no ?

  • Also !

    I feel the need to add that unlike Last year REPR is already getting a console release. Which will be a big blow for DbD if this turns out to be a good game.

  • @SeducedByDaemonette said:

    As an RE veteran fan I doubt that it could cause any harm to dbd , since capcom basically recycled RE2 remake resources to creat low cost game . They're just trying to grab money without much investments . It's already been called umbrella corps 2.0 (if you are into resident evil you understand) .

    Did not know that... makes sense.

    Umbrella Corps was wannabe L4D.

    Capcom really loves trying flavor of the month stuff.

    What's next? A Street Fighter Battle Royale?

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769083#Comment_769083

    No lbh again, I see no one saying it looks bad or not fun. Ppl are just complaining bc they wanted the remake which has since been released no ?

    I don't understand your last sentence . What RE community wants right now are : RE3 remake , RE revelations 3 , RE outbreak remake (or at least remaster for pc/current console generation) , probably RE8 . But definitely not dbd rip off made out of RE2 remake .

  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769083#Comment_769083

    Did not know that... makes sense.

    Umbrella Corps was wannabe L4D.

    Capcom really loves trying flavor of the month stuff.

    What's next? A Street Fighter Battle Royale?

    You can't compare a small company game like Last year to a giant like RE... Like come on.

    It's like discussing horror movies and you Side with the guy that brings up Twilight.

  • @SeducedByDaemonette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769090#Comment_769090

    I don't understand your last sentence . What RE community wants right now are : RE3 remake , RE revelations 3 , RE outbreak remake (or at least remaster for pc/current console generation) , probably RE8 . But definitely not dbd rip off made out of RE2 remake .

    You'll see.

    I'm not saying this will kill DbD but that it could seriously slow it down if they don't add more stuff.

    Why would I loop the Killer when I can shoot it in the face ?

    P.S What words did you not understand ?

  • I give it a solid Yesr before it limps on. I'm a die-hard Resident Evil fan, but unless there's a REALLY good hook to the gameplay and balance, I don't see this making a long-term success.

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    I give it a solid Yesr before it limps on. I'm a die-hard Resident Evil fan, but unless there's a REALLY good hook to the gameplay and balance, I don't see this making a long-term success.

    The idea of survivors able to hack, heal, control the infected or are infected themselves do not sound cool to you ?

    And that's just a few ideas on top of my head.

  • P.S. I wish we could get Nemesis as a killer and Jill 'sandwich' Valentine as a survivor in some future . Just imagine chase starts with 'STARS!!!'

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769104#Comment_769104

    The idea of survivors able to hack, heal, control the infected or are infected themselves do not sound cool to you ?

    And that's just a few ideas on top of my head.

    That alone doesn't grab me because the spin-off Resident Evil games of the last 2 console generations were pretty crap. Operation Racoon City looked kinda cool...ended up being a socom with RE dressing and a boring, buggy mess....Umbrella Corps....,laughably bad.


    The main Resident Evil games have done well and the REmakes for them,because they built off the success of the titles of the past, with a clesr cut & passionate team working on,it for MANY years. This looks passable on paper, but we know nothing about it except a teaser trailer. I personally don't see a reason to get hyped for it until actual gameplay and demos/final product is out to try.

  • @SeducedByDaemonette said:

    As an RE veteran fan I doubt that it could cause any harm to dbd , since capcom basically recycled RE2 remake resources to creat low cost game . They're just trying to grab money without much investments . It's already been called umbrella corps 2.0 (if you are into resident evil you understand) .

    Oh not that game... bleh

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769107#Comment_769107

    That alone doesn't grab me because the spin-off Resident Evil games of the last 2 console generations were pretty crap. Operation Racoon City looked kinda cool...ended up being a socom with RE dressing and a boring, buggy mess....Umbrella Corps....,laughably bad.

    The main Resident Evil games have done well and the REmakes for them,because they built off the success of the titles of the past, with a clesr cut & passionate team working on,it for MANY years. This looks passable on paper, but we know nothing about it except a teaser trailer. I personally don't see a reason to get hyped for it until actual gameplay and demos/final product is out to try.

    See I don't abide by "Lets do the same thing for 20 years"

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_qlApySP2E

    Closed beta arrived last week. Here's footage of survivor gameplay. The channel also has Killer gameplay.

    May be a decent side Party Game. But I'd still rather play Last Year: The Nightmare, in that respect. If it ever ends up being successful on Steam, and eventually ported to console, that is.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769079#Comment_769079

    Last year was made by a small company not a giant like Capcom which can fuel MILLIONS into the game.

    Not only that they already have fans backing them up so it isn't about wether or not they have* players but if DbD players switch and what would make* them switch.

    Also, saying RE lore isn't at DbD lvl is ridiculous, it's more like the other way around.

    They have hacks, weapons and gadgets!

    I just don't see it. Capcom is a crap company these days. Most gamers are fed up with them. And it's not like their RE spinoffs do very well, Operation Racoon City? Survivor?... people care about mainline RE not spinoffs.

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769088#Comment_769088

    I just don't see it. Capcom is a crap company these days. Most gamers are fed up with them. And it's not like their RE spinoffs do very well, Operation Racoon City? Survivor?... people care about mainline RE not spinoffs.

    Depends on what you consider spin offs . Many people wanna see outbreaks/new revelations .

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769088#Comment_769088

    I just don't see it. Capcom is a crap company these days. Most gamers are fed up with them. And it's not like their RE spinoffs do very well, Operation Racoon City? Survivor?... people care about mainline RE not spinoffs.

    Idk about that I loved ORC

  • @Gemaniacal said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_qlApySP2E

    Closed beta arrived last week. Here's footage of survivor gameplay. The channel also has Killer gameplay.

    May be a decent side Party Game. But I'd still rather play Last Year: The Nightmare, in that respect. If it ever ends up being successful on Steam, and eventually ported to console, that is.

    It already has been announced for consoles.

  • ORC failed miserably . Worst re game after umbrella corps (even Gun survivor is better)

  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    I'm uncomfortable how much of a straight rip off their Survivors are of DbD and 80s horror slasher flicks.

    I'm also upset that they are ripping off DbD.

    DbD only happened cuz Behaviour is an independent studio not answering to share holders like Capcom/EA/Activision. Those triple A studios WOULD NEVER have attempted an symmetrical game like DbD.

    So I'm bitter they're coming along and taking DbD's shine. What's worse that since RE is such a huge popular franchise, I truly see it being able to impact the DbD player population.

    Did you not see Umbrella Corp? Capcom has risked things before lol.

  • Dbd just needs to remain something different to Resident Evil, which it is but most of all it should take note of the things Project REsistance does well.

  • @SeducedByDaemonette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769159#Comment_769159

    ORC failed miserably . Worst re game after umbrella corps (even Gun survivor is better)

    Idk I had fun and it was still filled with ppl when I played a few months back.

  • As much as I love this game i will probably be abandoning ship when this tittle drops. And if it happens to fail then i can always just come back on the ship. Lol

    I still wish this game all the success it deserves. But yeah i can see how it may hurt DBD in the short term. The long term remains to be seen since its not released yet so we cant be sure on how successful it'll actually be.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    Dbd just needs to remain something different to Resident Evil, which it is but most of of it should take note of the things Project REsistance does well.

    I agree

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/769163#Comment_769163

    Idk I had fun and it was still filled with ppl when I played a few months back.

    ORC got bad reviews but did well enough a sequel almost happened.

  • I wonder if the devs won't add ingame voice chat.


    ehhhhhhh.

  • The only thing Project Resistence and DBD seem to have in common is the fact both are asymmetrical games.


    In Dead By Daylight (killer perspective) you're playing one out of numerous different killers including movie icons. Regardless of the killer you pick you'll always ACTIVELY try to chase and kill survivors using their specific abilities and gamestyles.


    In Project Resistance you're exclusively playing a mastermind who uses all kinds of mechanics such as blocking doors, summoning monsters including Mr.X etc. to stop the survivors from escaping within their time limit. Therefore Project Resistance is more of a PASSIVE game.


    As for survivor gameplay Project Resistance seems to offer "something" but having strict roles with no variables seems like a way to get bored of the game very quickly. You got a healer, a boxer, a tank and a hacker. In DBD you got 71 survivor perks allowing you to sort of make your own survivor class using the survivor you want.


    Overall I think Project Resistance seems way too different. DBD players are probably not going to play it as a "dbd replacement" but more like another interesting game.


    I certainly would play both games.

  • Mathieu told us to go play a different game anyway, so it's cool, guys. They're fine with DBD sinking.

  • Also, why is this in Feedback?

  • Just found this thread, so far, probably not much of a threat. Unlike dbd, the killer is the one that is too strong in this game, if the killer even has a slight idea of how to play the game, they win.