It's fun, but i'm never out to win at all costs. That being said, one of my goals is to be the best Legion player I know of, just to have Legion strike at least mild worry into someone's heart.
I'm competitive insofar as it's a PvP game and I want to "win". I don't take it as this hardcore esports type of competition, but I will try my best to get myself and allies out alive as survivor.
I'm not going to claim that DBD is a tournament ready game or anything like that, but optimization is a core part of getting the most out of games like these and that's best accomplished by treating it like it is highly competitive
How i play probably 90% of the time is for bloodpoints. I prefer to progress my characters more than ranking but that doesn't mean i don't still want to win at times. Other times i just screw around in game confusing people.
It's fun, but i'm never out to win at all costs. That being said, one of my goals is to be the best Legion player I know of, just to have Legion strike at least mild worry into someone's heart.
I play differently based on my mood and rank. I actually try to not rank up too much. But when I do, I put on my try-hard hat otherwise games are over too fast. So when I'm in the green ranks I'd fall more under the meme/kill time (while still generating as much bloodpoints as possible) categories. When I'm purple ranks I'd start to fall under the "non-competitive but still want to improve" category. Then when I'm red ranks "I treat it as a competitive game".
Really, you should create another category though. "Just trying to earn as many bloodpoints as possible to make it through the insane grind". That is the category I fall under the most.
I play killer going all out to win, but it's pretty clear this game is not intended to be a competitive one. Most of my complaints and frustrations with the game stem from the game's balance falling apart when played in a competitive manner.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's fun, but i'm never out to win at all costs. That being said, one of my goals is to be the best Legion player I know of, just to have Legion strike at least mild worry into someone's heart.
I'm competitive insofar as it's a PvP game and I want to "win". I don't take it as this hardcore esports type of competition, but I will try my best to get myself and allies out alive as survivor.
I'm not going to claim that DBD is a tournament ready game or anything like that, but optimization is a core part of getting the most out of games like these and that's best accomplished by treating it like it is highly competitive
How i play probably 90% of the time is for bloodpoints. I prefer to progress my characters more than ranking but that doesn't mean i don't still want to win at times. Other times i just screw around in game confusing people.
I meant to put other but I only play for killer for bloodpoints basically and it's a 50/50 on if I try as survivor
Legion for life
You know it man. That's why I have the thread in Feedback for them.
I play differently based on my mood and rank. I actually try to not rank up too much. But when I do, I put on my try-hard hat otherwise games are over too fast. So when I'm in the green ranks I'd fall more under the meme/kill time (while still generating as much bloodpoints as possible) categories. When I'm purple ranks I'd start to fall under the "non-competitive but still want to improve" category. Then when I'm red ranks "I treat it as a competitive game".
Really, you should create another category though. "Just trying to earn as many bloodpoints as possible to make it through the insane grind". That is the category I fall under the most.
Competitive is just so boring to me. I like to have fun, run non meta perks, meme around in game with other players, and just have a good time.
DbD isn't e-sports, but I still try to not play bad and win.
Depends on my mood
I play killer going all out to win, but it's pretty clear this game is not intended to be a competitive one. Most of my complaints and frustrations with the game stem from the game's balance falling apart when played in a competitive manner.
I don't think DbD is very competitive. It's competitive in the same way mario games or monopoly is to me.
I'm competetive. Just not in the way the devs want me to be. They want me to care about their broken emblem system but all I care about is points.