What is still waiting to be balanced?

All I’m seeing are “nerf ____” or “buff _____” posts. While I do think that some killers like wraith should be buffed to do something more than camp cloaked, I’m not see that much unfairness in the game. MoM is a low-mid tier perk now, OoO is only with the super toxic swf and I suggest you bring a mori for that, and perks like DS have a time limit and if you have to wait it out to pick them up than I can say you’re tunneling. The only thing I’d complain about as a killer would be adrenaline. I want to know what you guys think is unbalanced (maps, perks, killers, items, etc)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • MoM, OoO, Wraith, Adren, bubba, etc


    A few things need balancing left imo really

  • What do you think needs to be changed about MoM? The reason I talked about it is because it was one of the perks, much like adrenaline, where you can get hit and everyhting and that only helps you

  • @Maggy_Fyers said:

    Wow, you killermains have really no self-reflection, do you? You can't think of anything that's overpowered on killers side? Amazing, let's count how many posts it takes for you to name the very obviously overpowered ######### on killers side.

    Don't start this please

  • @ChezAndQuakers said:

    What do you think needs to be changed about MoM? The reason I talked about it is because it was one of the perks, much like adrenaline, where you can get hit and everyhting and that only helps you

    Honestly I would see MoM working well with unhooks or healing other survivors from the dying state

  • @Maggy_Fyers said:

    Wow, you killermains have really no self-reflection, do you? You can't think of anything that's overpowered on killers side? Amazing, let's count how many posts it takes for you to name the very obviously overpowered ######### on killers side.

    I’m a rank 4 survivor and rank 10 killer, you really think I main killer? I was just giving examples because there’s been more times that a survivor perk has came out and has been broken to the point where all you can do is nerf it into the ground. But I do hate NOED, rancor, strider, blood warden, and especially sweaty hillbilly mains

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/761381#Comment_761381

    Honestly I would see MoM working well with unhooks or healing other survivors from the dying state

    I’d just like to see protection hits be changed so that huntress hatchets and corrupt purge would count.

  • @ChezAndQuakers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/761387#Comment_761387

    I’d just like to see protection hits be changed so that huntress hatchets and corrupt purge would count.

    I can second that

  • Only thing needing a balance is outside voice coms.

  • Spirit could due with some addon reworks, because some of them are ######### not prayer beads. I mean liem the amulet doing everything and only being purple, I'd like to see low tiers buffed rather than all high tiers nerfed Into oblivion.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    Only thing needing a balance is outside voice coms.

    How so? Because I made a post about how if solos are buffed than killers have to be buffed too and if the buff makes solo better than swf than swf will lobby dodge to play with their friends while buffed.

  • @xRem said:

    Spirit could due with some addon reworks, because some of them are ######### not prayer beads. I mean liem the amulet doing everything and only being purple, I'd like to see low tiers buffed rather than all high tiers nerfed Into oblivion.

    I don’t have spirit so I the only add ons I know are mother-daughter ring and prayer beads. But I’d like to see either buffs/reworks to clown, doctor, pig, bubba, and wraith (all with the same concepts because I love the concept of clown having toxic gas and Doctor giving harsh, extreme electrical treatment.) The bets thing they can do is give them the Freddy treatment and make them great killers that you have to think to beat

  • I disagree with your assessment of DS. It's a crutch perk, pure and simple. It allows you to get away with downright suicidal plays, while suffering no real consequences for it.

    It'd be one thing if I was actually tunneling the survivor and focusing on them exclusively. It's another when the survivor treats DS like a 60-second invincibility buff, being as careless as they like because they know I can't touch them.

    Plus, the mere threat of Decisive Strike makes life a lot more difficult for killers. Having to wait an entire minute before putting someone back up on the hook gives them ample opportunities to get healed (By another survivor, or by Unbreakable, or by Adrenaline), forcing you to find them and chase them down once again. Time is extremely precious for killers, and having to wait 60 seconds for anything as a Killer is basically a death sentence.

  • Virtually everything in the game could justifiably be nerfed if we use the shaky reasoning the devs have given for the Nurse/Instaheal changes.

  • @Maggy_Fyers said:

    14 posts and counting, DS has been mentioned around 9 times already even though it would be useless if you just wouldn't be a pathetic tunneling scrub. But i'll wait, this is great.

    You know what I'll give you one of the MANY overpowered things on killers side that desperately need to be gutted it starts with an E and ends with bony mori, slowclap for the geniuses who couldn't figure that one out.

    Killers are not OP, survivors are not OP

  • Spirit and nurse are balanced against red rank SWF, period

    There is no need for nerfs

  • What needs to be balanced

    Nerfs:

    Keys: Free escape, killer can't do anything about it.

    Moris: Mostly just ebony, using a Mori is detrimental anyway if you're trying to rank so it's only used by killers in specific circumstances, mostly to be toxic.

    Adrenaline: Should not work like a better Deliverance, other than that it's fine.

    Iridescent Head: Lock the number of hatchets to 1, make pairing it with belts useless. High risk, high reward.

    Prayer Beads: Make them ultra rare and give them a slight downside, something like increased activation speed or longer cooldown.

    Endurance: It should tick down in Killer TR, not in chase. The change to how Endurance/Deep Wound timers work made the perk(and soon the purple medkit addon) way too strong and Legion way too weak.

    Buffs:

    Every low tier killer

    About 60% of the perk list for both killer and survivor

  • @Maggy_Fyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/761420#Comment_761420

    Well I guess since guy I don't know said it that settles it, game is perfectly balanced, everyone can go home now. Tell me how ebony mori isn't overpowered buddy,

    Well for starters you can still sit on generators and complete them like the objective


    You can also be immersive and stealth the entire game as well


    Mori's punish survivors who do not play stealthy and want to be chased


    Due to mori lengths they can even hurt you more than help you, allowing survivors to complete generators while you kill one survivor


    So yeah, mori's are only op to people who pretty much try to hug the killer and not hide from the guy with the machete

  • @Hoodied said:

    MoM, OoO, Wraith, Adren, bubba, etc

    A few things need balancing left imo really

    1. Should get reworked entirely
    2. Stealth killers are getting undetectable so we did it boys. OoO is no more.
    3. Getting undetectable listed above.
    4. Just use Noed
    5. He needs something more than just chainsaw.
  • No One Left Behind, ironically, the perk left behind and forgotten

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    Spirit and nurse are balanced against red rank SWF, period

    There is no need for nerfs

    If that were the case then Nurse and Spirit should only be usable in red ranks.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/761426#Comment_761426

    If that were the case then Nurse and Spirit should only be usable in red ranks.

    I like your idea, let's expand on it. SWF are balanced around high rank Killers, make it only available to red ranks.

  • I'm pretty satisfied in the stronger stuff getting hit.

    But it's time to bring the weaker stuff up in the tiers.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    Spirit and nurse are balanced against red rank SWF, period

    There is no need for nerfs

    So, if they are balanced against those, you are basically saying that they are too powerful against solos. It is nice to hear this from you :)

  • @ChezAndQuakers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/761394#Comment_761394

    How so? Because I made a post about how if solos are buffed than killers have to be buffed too and if the buff makes solo better than swf than swf will lobby dodge to play with their friends while buffed.

    My post has nothing to do with you. I say outside voice coms because the game was never designed around that much communication. So many perks are deemed useless because they give info that is easier to share over chat.

    It's why we are having to have to buff solo survivors to swf levels before we can make killers, even the bad ones much stronger.

    I accept the desire to play with friends, I just feel like since the game wasn't designed for it, it is making things more difficult to balance around.

  • Also, I think survivors shouldn't be made aware of who the obsession is, as it just really doesn't matter for them.

    All survivors in a chase should have some kind of indication that they are being chased in the hud. Balance for solo.

  • @Lucama said:

    What needs to be balanced

    Nerfs:

    Keys: Free escape, killer can't do anything about it.

    Moris: Mostly just ebony, using a Mori is detrimental anyway if you're trying to rank so it's only used by killers in specific circumstances, mostly to be toxic.

    Adrenaline: Should not work like a better Deliverance, other than that it's fine.

    Iridescent Head: Lock the number of hatchets to 1, make pairing it with belts useless. High risk, high reward.

    Prayer Beads: Make them ultra rare and give them a slight downside, something like increased activation speed or longer cooldown.

    Endurance: It should tick down in Killer TR, not in chase. The change to how Endurance/Deep Wound timers work made the perk(and soon the purple medkit addon) way too strong and Legion way too weak.

    Buffs:

    Every low tier killer

    About 60% of the perk list for both killer and survivor

    I can't really say I agree with the endurance change, deep wounds going down in TR and not in chase was what made old Legion so boring to go against, stab twice then moonwalk and they'd just go down.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/761427#Comment_761427

    I can't really say I agree with the endurance change, deep wounds going down in TR and not in chase was what made old Legion so boring to go against, stab twice then moonwalk and they'd just go down.

    Moonwalking can be fixed, but rn I feel like Endurance is too strong, especially when the insta-heal rework hits. It's basically gonna be the same as the old insta-heal.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    Spirit and nurse are balanced against red rank SWF, period

    There is no need for nerfs

    What about against green rank swf? You’re just saying they’re overpowered

  • @8obot1c said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/761378#Comment_761378

    1. Should get reworked entirely
    2. Stealth killers are getting undetectable so we did it boys. OoO is no more.
    3. Getting undetectable listed above.
    4. Just use Noed
    5. He needs something more than just chainsaw.

    No one stoop down to the level of a NOED user

  • @ChezAndQuakers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/761426#Comment_761426

    What about against green rank swf? You’re just saying they’re overpowered

    Balancing entirely versus green ranks would make everything weak at red ranks, don't you think?

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762165#Comment_762165

    Balancing entirely versus green ranks would make everything weak at red ranks, don't you think?

    Green ranks were just an example, it’s just that I have a friend that plays spirit at green ranks because he barely plays killer. But I think they should just make people good on every level, but that’s basically impossible

  • @ChezAndQuakers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762176#Comment_762176

    Green ranks were just an example, it’s just that I have a friend that plays spirit at green ranks because he barely plays killer. But I think they should just make people good on every level, but that’s basically impossible

    Yes, that kind of balance in an asymmetrical game is just not realistic. It wasn't realistic even back in the Street Fighter II days, there's no way to get everything exactly right when there are so many options available.

    The best they could do would be to try to bring up some of the underperforming killers so that they are more competitive with the likes of Spirit, Nurse, Hillbilly, Nightmare, etc.

  • @ChezAndQuakers said:

    All I’m seeing are “nerf ____” or “buff _____” posts. While I do think that some killers like wraith should be buffed to do something more than camp cloaked, I’m not see that much unfairness in the game. MoM is a low-mid tier perk now, OoO is only with the super toxic swf and I suggest you bring a mori for that, and perks like DS have a time limit and if you have to wait it out to pick them up than I can say you’re tunneling. The only thing I’d complain about as a killer would be adrenaline. I want to know what you guys think is unbalanced (maps, perks, killers, items, etc)

    Generators go by too quick and are really boring to sit on vs getting chased

  • Low tier killers need buffs like Legion, Bubba, and Wraith for killer side. Really hate the fact you have too play the "Meta 4" just too win against optimal survivors.

    DS needs too deactivate if someone else is hooked. Right now survivors abuse the heck out of it by simply doing gens or forcing a locker pull, so even if you hooked 2 other people they still have ds and can still kill all pressure you have.

    Adrenalin is annoying, but I feel that all Exhaustion perks are in the end, they aren't really unbalanced, but Balanced Landing is dumb in the fact you always recover so fast when falling, when all other perks completely deactivate when Exhausted, so I would like Balanced too be a part of that as well. It would make haddonfield a less toxic map for killers.

    Gen rushing needs too be stopped. Really tired of survivors simply holding m1 and winning in 5 mins. Either add a second objective or add more gen speed, but killers need more time too do their job.

    Spirit needs an addon rework. I hate playing against one because it rarely ever feels like I outskilled the Spirit, it more feels like I simply got lucky. She's the most unfun killer for me too fight, even worse then gen slow Freddy.

    And for both sides, I hate map offerings. Yes they are needed, but I hate when a SWF brings a haddonfield offering, pretty much the only time I DC because those games are just boring, toxic, and full of sweat. I would enjoy if they brought back yellow map offerings, so that way there isn't a 100% chance of getting the map, but green offerings may as well say "you're going too this map, enjoy"

    Finally, there are just way too many dumb bugs in a 3 year old game. They may not be game breaking, but getting stuck in pallets or the animations and models breaking are just things that are unacceptable in a 3 year old game with the massive team they have. I would love if they would have weekly patches too iron out these bugs.


    The game overrall is pretty balanced, but their are some very bad parts that need too be looked at. I really hope they stop balancing for green ranks and start making the game for red ranks, because that would make the game a lot of fun personally.

  • @WickedMilk03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95793/what-is-still-waiting-to-be-balanced

    Generators go by too quick and are really boring to sit on vs getting chased

    I’ve also seen a lot of forums on how ruin is mandatory and to change NOED into a slowdown game perk to compete with ruin because they pop way to fast. Other people also talk about how the game deserves a second objective other than totems like gears or gasoline to start the generators

  • @ChezAndQuakers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762256#Comment_762256

    I’ve also seen a lot of forums on how ruin is mandatory and to change NOED into a slowdown game perk to compete with ruin because they pop way to fast. Other people also talk about how the game deserves a second objective other than totems like gears or gasoline to start the generators

    I dont want to feel obligated to use a perk to slowdown the game. They should just change the base objective because I dont want more secondary objectives. Noed shouldnt be changed until gens are reworked or something is done, and even then, its not op. It punishes survivors for not getting totems. If it is such a problem then they should just do totems. I dont get why thats such a topic of discussion.

    I really wish I didnt have to use ruin, but... we live in a society and the devs wont fix it and I am quickly losing hope.

  • @ChezAndQuakers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762256#Comment_762256

    I’ve also seen a lot of forums on how ruin is mandatory and to change NOED into a slowdown game perk to compete with ruin because they pop way to fast. Other people also talk about how the game deserves a second objective other than totems like gears or gasoline to start the generators

    @WickedMilk03 said:

    This is a Repost from a while back. I have recently gotten really annoyed that nothing is being done about gen speeds so I have a solution. This change makes the game more fun and balanced for both sides or atleast I believe it would.

    Gen Changes

    Generators now only require 60 charges to complete. For the first 5 seconds of work on a gen, repair speed is 25% slower. This is to deter survivors from finishing a gen right in front of your face after you scare them off of it. Stops toxicity and gen tapping. 60 second gens because they are annoying and lack any interesting gameplay. Like seriously... Hold a button woo hoo. Killers still get a notification when generator repair is complete.

    Completion Phase

    The completion phase lasts for 3 minutes (180 seconds) after a gen is completed. During this time, generators would need to be filled with gas. A generator can not be regressed by the killer during the completion phase. If the generator is not filled with gas during the completion phase then the generator will reset to 0 charges meaning it would need to be repaired the full 60 seconds again. Perks like tinkerer would remain the same and activate as generator repair is completed. Killers get a notification when a gen is fully completed.

    Gas canisters

    Gas canisters are located in 3 White Crates towards the center of the map. White Crates spawn with 16-28 meters between them. The distance between them is dependent on the size of the map. This would ensure that killers are not the only ones suffering from huge maps. Carrying a gas canister does not replace an item, however you cannot use any items whilst holding a gas canister. You cannot sprint or drop a pallet when carrying a gas canister which means you have to walk when carrying gas. If you drop a gas canister, to gain the ability to run, it's aura can be seen by all survivors and the killer. A gas canister can be crushed by the killer and it would be sent back to a White Crate. There is an infinite amount of gas canisters in each crate. Filling a gen with gas takes 5 seconds. This slows the game and forces stealth as well as keeps survivors on edge by making them move around the map in places where the killer may be.

    All reasons for these changes

    1. Survivors are forced to play stealthy after a gen is complete. This is good because stealth is not a very common thing people go for since it isn't very rewarding (but would be now ha)
    2. Survivors are forced to be on the go during the match. This makes it less boring and gives a higher chance of interesting outcomes in the match.
    3. Survivors will NOT run towards the killer for a good chase anymore because they are bored. Survivors will be actively trying to win.
    4. Killers have a more fair advantage versus swf and can win a match based on their individual ability to put pressure on the survivors.
    5. Overall more interesting gameplay
    6. Generator times are decreased (again: less boring) Dead by Daylight remains the classic "repair gens and get the fug out game with all the cool movie killers" that the commons look to it as.
    7. Map pressure-less killers actually stand a chance.
    8. The game is imbalanced and needs this please devs... please

    I am done guys tell me what you think

    Tell me your thoughts. If you disagree with this, actually tell me why please. I try not to be bias and I do play both sides. I have 2300 hours. GG

    Also I made this and it got no attention, It is fairly detailed and explanatory

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762165#Comment_762165

    Balancing entirely versus green ranks would make everything weak at red ranks, don't you think?

    This is actually why many killers are "weak" at higher ranks.