Why do killers protect their totem?
Just Why..........
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Why do you want the totem? What did the totem do to you? Ever stop to think maybe that totem has a family? A bunch of little baby totems walking around, mama totem gonna be all alone raising them. That totem needs this gig man. HE NEEDS IT. His family can go hungry another night. Just leave the poor guy alone.
Why do survivor do gens.... Just Why.........
They got the hatch to escape, after all.
I don't want my perk to explode in 20 seconds perhaps?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I getcha, yeah I have no idea why they do that. I get the feeling they think if the totem goes down it's game over.
I had a Huntress who I baited over hitting both TOTH and Lullaby, while everyone else just got the gens no problem.. It's more of a hassle than a help at that point.
So basically you're mad that you can't get the 1,000 BP for it?
Yep.
Survivor main detected. Entitlement is real.
I'll guard a totem if I can do it without losing gens.
I remember running a Devour Hope totem where 3 survivors were actively trying to get the totem.
Didn't get 5 tokens on it, but I managed to get 3 for 1 hit downs.
They eventually got the totem, but 2 were dead by that time and there were still 3 gens in play.
If survivors show their greed for a totem and it's slowing the gens, why SHOULDN'T they defend them? Same with hooks....
lmao are you serious
The generators may belong to the entity...but the totems are personal.
Don't touch my totems.
It's a given when they don't want their ruin/devour hope/etc. gone within 10 seconds (Have you seen the totem spawn? Yikes!) Or when survivors are flocking around it fairly early ingame and they want to get the benefit of it before it's too late. However, standing infront of it the entire game? I... Really can't say. I've had games where a killer will stand infront of it for 5 generators straight and everyone gets out scotch free. I won't understand it for the life of me!
Had to space the word it because it’s censored on the form for some reason.
I cant even get to my totem in time before it is destroyed, how can a killer protect his totem?
They are not really powerful.
It also gives a bloodpoint bonus in chases. Perhaps they wanted to keep that bonus until the chase category was filled up?
Does it really matter in the end?
because it's my totem. it's my perk and i will protect my cute little devour hope 3 until i get 5 stacks. how would you feel if you can't use a perk ingame? sad,right? and that's why i try to keep my totem alive
Why do survivors spend so much time trying to destroy a "useless" totem? I've won games when using only TotH to farm BP because the survivors tunnel-visioned my totem instead of working on gens. It always makes me laugh knowing they're wasting time on something that will have no bearing on the outcome of the game.
I camped my Devour totem on red forest as the wraith and I ended up getting 4k and a mori on the last person xDDD all they needed to do was repair gens...
I literally don't know of any killers who do it like that. Just a bit of guarding every now and then but that's it
I see killers defending Ruin and Devour Hope more than anything. Huntress Lullaby isn’t that big of a deal until it gets to around 3 stacks, then you gotta find that totem.
I'll happily take totem-happy survivors over genrushers any day
Because the holy totem is not to be greeded on.
Ok so i may be rank 11 currently but i was learning huntress and decided to stick on devour hope as a fun perk. All game the survivors rushed my totem wondering what it could be. I killed one of them because they continuously dived the totem and at the end of the game at fking exit gates a nea (because ofc) goes for the devour hope totem even tho the gates were wide open and she knew i had a instadown swing. I literally got a pip because i defended my totem ya its not gonna work in higher ranks but people still do some dumb crap. Even at higher ranks as killer I would see survivors healing each other in the basement when i was Myers.