Random thought on the Nurse change...

Now hear me out before you scream at me, but I think I see a reason they did what they did. They have been reworking maps right? Well honestly I'd hate to have to try and make maps with more unsafe loops and all the things they are trying to do with a Killer that can just WOMP through walls as much as they want. I honestly think that is part of the reason that they "nerfed" Nurse. They needed a bit more wiggle room to give us not only the map changes everyone is screaming about but to give more room to bump up lower tier Killers.

Instead of screaming about leaving, can we just think of why the Devs did it? I think if it was the maps or anything I mentioned, it was a good idea.

Comments

  • WHY ARE YOU YELLING

  • @Nick said:

    WHY ARE YOU YELLING

    I'm not sure why it was bold... but thank you! That made me laugh.

  • They reworked only one map so far, Badham Preschool. Devs seem to be really slow with maps reworks and there are still huge maps like Rotten Fields, both Red Forest, Mount Ormond and Family Residence which will hurt the new Nurse much more than they did before.

  • @Marcus said:

    They reworked only one map so far, Badham Preschool. Devs seem to be really slow with maps reworks and there are still huge maps like Rotten Fields, both Red Forest, Mount Ormond and Family Residence which will hurt the new Nurse much more than they did before.

    Yes, but I just picture them lobbing Ideas for maps then remembering "Oh wait... Nurse..."

    Also, the new map was one I was including in "Reworked"

    They do need to speed up a tad on them, but give them a break on it cause its prolly REALLY hard to balance and make the assets and code it all so it doesn't break!

  • I mean they reworked one map. After a whole Coldwind rework they should've started to think about nurse. Maybe.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    I mean they reworked one map. After a whole Coldwind rework they should've started to think about nurse. Maybe.

    AS I said! It may have been needed to start being ABLE to rework maps or bump up Lower Tier killers!

    There just isnt a "Nurse" Tier any more! She's still good!

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746504#Comment_746504

    AS I said! It may have been needed to start being ABLE to rework maps or bump up Lower Tier killers!

    There just isnt a "Nurse" Tier any more! She's still good!

    To counter her you can literally run in a straight line now. B a l a n c e d.

  • I think the same and would say you got it right.

    In order to balance the game, Nurse needs to go. She is too strong, and Nurse being there would simply not work. And you cannot simply buff all Killers to (current) Nurse-Level. It would not even be possible to adjust their powers that way.

    So yeah, I would see, see it in a bigger picture.


  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746517#Comment_746517

    To counter her you can literally run in a straight line now. B a l a n c e d.

    Please keep it civil! Have you played with the new Nurse?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I think the same and would say you got it right.

    In order to balance the game, Nurse needs to go. She is too strong, and Nurse being there would simply not work. And you cannot simply buff all Killers to (current) Nurse-Level. It would not even be possible to adjust their powers that way.

    So yeah, I would see, see it in a bigger picture.

    Thank you! That's what I was trying to do. See it in the big picture!

  • The more I play and watch streams of the PTB the more I realize the nerfs aren't even that big of a deal. Nurse will still be #1, 100%. There just won't be a Nurse tier above everyone else anymore.

    People love overreacting to stuff they know very little about.

  • @gantes said:

    The more I play and watch streams of the PTB the more I realize the nerfs aren't even that big of a deal. Nurse will still be #1, 100%. There just won't be a Nurse tier above everyone else anymore.

    People love overreacting to stuff they know very little about.

    I agree! I'd try her out myself but her blinking makes me wanna puke!

  • Tried the new nurse and I dare to say that not much about her base actually changed if played by a good nurse. There is slightly more wiggle room to get away from her but if she sees you and nailes her first 2 blinks, you're dead. Totally love her new addons especially the matchbox, it's so much fun to be a racecar nurse on PTB.

  • @Kebek said:

    Tried the new nurse and I dare to say that not much about her base actually changed if played by a good nurse. There is slightly more wiggle room to get away from her but if she sees you and nailes her first 2 blinks, you're dead. Totally love her new addons especially the matchbox, it's so much fun to be a racecar nurse on PTB.

    This is what I mean! People all LOST THERE MINDS before PTB even came out. She just isnt in a Tier of her own now! It gives so much more wiggle room to the Devs for Maps and other things!

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746540#Comment_746540

    Please keep it civil! Have you played with the new Nurse?

    I tested nearly all of her addons.

  • Cool! I hope you had fun with them! But please, either way, keep it civil!

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746656#Comment_746656

    Cool! I hope you had fun with them! But please, either way, keep it civil!

    The only viable addons so far are the ones that reduce the cooldown. So i'm gonna stick to them i guess.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746662#Comment_746662

    The only viable addons so far are the ones that reduce the cooldown. So i'm gonna stick to them i guess.

    I think it will get better when you get more used to it. Remember, all of this is on both sides. Insta heals were taken out too.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746680#Comment_746680

    I think it will get better when you get more used to it. Remember, all of this is on both sides. Insta heals were taken out too.

    You honestly compare the change of 2 addons (one being a buff) to changing the complete mechanics of a killer? Those map reworks will be done in some years.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746680#Comment_746680

    I think it will get better when you get more used to it. Remember, all of this is on both sides. Insta heals were taken out too.

    And medkits got buffed, aside, the free BT in a chase is technically still an instaheal. For some reason the devs decided to completely overnerf nurse. No big downsides for survivors.

  • Nice. Now that's thinking outside the box.

    I always thought that nurse was nerfed for a reason. At first, I thought it was the baby survivors. But voted against it because if that were the case, She would've been nerfed less than a year after her first original nerf.

    So I came to a different conclusion that they had did it for a different reason, no, the devs nerfed her upon their own decision.

    The next question was "For what reason"? They can't have nerfed her for no reason. It definitely seemed likely that they nerfed her to make her more baseline with the killers. And that is understandable. They're more likely tearing down the powerful killers before they begin updating the weaker ones. That way, any killer you play will all be just as powerful, with only one difference. How they will be played. There's no significant downside that is already present in their powers or stats, but primarily, their abilities all have the same power. Making all killers viable in Red Ranks. Then, it makes sense.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746688#Comment_746688

    You honestly compare the change of 2 addons (one being a buff) to changing the complete mechanics of a killer? Those map reworks will be done in some years.

    Yes! Because with 4 instaheals you could heal 12 stages of health! Also, You could just run in and BOOP your friend back to life, resetting a whole chase WHILE THE KILLER WAS WIPING HIS WEAPON!

    So yes, it was a big deal!

    Also the buff to medkits makes me happy as a Killer! Maybe now people will HEAL instead of relying on Adren and just PUMPING GENS!

    Also, it's not an instaheal cause it still makes them have to waste time mending IF you let them go!

    Like I have asked before, please keep the topic civil.

  • @Toxicboii said:

    Nice. Now that's thinking outside the box.

    I always thought that nurse was nerfed for a reason. At first, I thought it was the baby survivors. But voted against it because if that were the case, She would've been nerfed less than a year after her first original nerf.

    So I came to a different conclusion that they had did it for a different reason, no, the devs nerfed her upon their own decision.

    The next question was "For what reason"? They can't have nerfed her for no reason. It definitely seemed likely that they nerfed her to make her more baseline with the killers. And that is understandable. They're more likely tearing down the powerful killers before they begin updating the weaker ones. That way, any killer you play will all be just as powerful, with only one difference. How they will be played. There's no significant downside that is already present in their powers or stats, but primarily, their abilities all have the same power. Making all killers viable in Red Ranks. Then, it makes sense.

    Thank you! I am happy that someone else wanted to figure out a deeper reason than "THE DEVS HATE KILLERS WAAHHHH!"

    There are people like that on both sides and it's really funny to me to see one topic about Devs being Killer sided with the next one down being Devs are Survivor Sided.

    Everyone! It's a game! It will always be in a state of flux and they can't fix it all at once or even to everyone's likes! Just try and have fun with it!

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746704#Comment_746704

    Yes! Because with 4 instaheals you could heal 12 stages of health! Also, You could just run in and BOOP your friend back to life, resetting a whole chase WHILE THE KILLER WAS WIPING HIS WEAPON!

    So yes, it was a big deal!

    Also the buff to medkits makes me happy as a Killer! Maybe now people will HEAL instead of relying on Adren and just PUMPING GENS!

    Also, it's not an instaheal cause it still makes them have to waste time mending IF you let them go!

    Like I have asked before, please keep the topic civil.

    Oh no not mending!

    I get flashbacks from me working on a gen while legion chases some other survivor and totally ignoring the status applied to me.

    Exposed? nope, bubba? nope. billy? nope. It still resets the chase.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746737#Comment_746737

    Oh no not mending!

    I get flashbacks from me working on a gen while legion chases some other survivor and totally ignoring the status applied to me.

    Exposed? nope, bubba? nope. billy? nope. It still resets the chase.

    I still feel it is better than two whole health states for free. Besides, it's still being worked on and even if it does go live, I'll just work around it!

  • Whether a pallet is "safe" or "unsafe" doesn't really matter to a Nurse. LOS is what decides it.

  • @Financial_Stability said:

    Whether a pallet is "safe" or "unsafe" doesn't really matter to a Nurse. LOS is what decides it.

    Yep! But that still factors in alot in Map making!


  • I agree that your additions should be reviewed.

    No need to tinker with her base power, she was fine, especially since she is an extremely hard-to-play killer that requires a large number of hours to learn.

    Dead hard, urges heals, BT, MoM at high levels will really be OP against the nurse.

    A good SWF can defeat any killer. Now with even less effort.

    Giving up one of the only viable killers at the top, to compensate for the lack of game planning, is not a good idea, it will only make the game less competitive.

    Great survivors need big challenges, and if a nurse with their base power can beat the swf, that just means this player is better.

    Reworking your addon's was enough.

  • @lucassfpa said:

    I agree that your additions should be reviewed.

    No need to tinker with her base power, she was fine, especially since she is an extremely hard-to-play killer that requires a large number of hours to learn.

    Dead hard, urges heals, BT, MoM at high levels will really be OP against the nurse.

    A good SWF can defeat any killer. Now with even less effort.

    Giving up one of the only viable killers at the top, to compensate for the lack of game planning, is not a good idea, it will only make the game less competitive.

    Great survivors need big challenges, and if a nurse with their base power can beat the swf, that just means this player is better.

    Reworking your addon's was enough.

    I still do not believe that she's terrible now. I've been looking at streams of the PTB and keeping track of the progress. Other than the Forums, everyone seems okay with it.