Intense Mashed potato discussion.
I really like mashed potato but recently I've heard an alarming amount of people saying that they "don't get the point of mashed potato".
I think it's one of the few truly homely and heartwarming foods which exists, to my personal knowledge.
A good mashed potato is unbeatable and I feel like people are quick to judge a mashed potato after eating a very poorly made and 'not even real potato' type of mashed potato.
Share your opinion and experience of the almighty mashed potato below.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Mashed potatoes are just potatoes but hit by Mario too many times
I love this community
I only like mashed potatoes that my someone cooks, “instant mashed potatoes” or that microwave stuff is nasty.
OI, IS THAT POTATER THREATENING ME, COME ON THEN!
I WILL SHOW YOU HOW THE IRISH DEAL WITH YOU!
Mac and Cheese is better! >:l
I used to think that...then I opened my eyes😲.😄
ALL POTATOES ARE QUEENS
🥔 👑
@Boosted_Dwight My real problem with Mac and cheese is that it's really hard to find one which is perfect. I like mine really cheesy and neverending.
Everytime I have some 90% of the time it's just pasta in a really runny cheese sauce. Like they soupify it and it isn't very satisfying to drink a Mac and cheese and eat the bits of pasta floating around.
The perfect Mac and cheese is on the same level as the perfect mashed potato. Funnily enough I never get full from eating Mac and cheese unlike mashed potato.
Drinking Mac and Cheese. That sounds nasty! I usually get full eating a bowl of Mac and cheese. Mash potatoes are good tho. They fill me up quick :P
As an Irish man myself, I can safely say that mashed roosters are the best spuds, followed by roasters and finally boiled baby potatoes.
I love all types of potatoes!!! :D
I love smooth whipped mashed potatoes. And with gravy and/or the right seasoning? Mmmmmm.
Twice-baked potatoes are also amazing.
Mashed potatoes are HORRID, get them off my plate right now!!!!1!!! >:(
I'll take that mashed potato from you if you'd like.
I'm more of a baked kinda guy, but I'll still eat some nice mashed potatoes. Nicely salted, and on the chunky side.
I looooveeeeee home made mash, not good to order for a pub dinner etc, but home made, in a roast dunner, or cheesey mash with beans or spaghetti....with bacon sprinkled over it, caramalized onions with it.....it's nice creamy and just sooooooo good!
Baked is obviously the best
Im hungry now🎃
Ohh yes....
Mashed is good, but only if they are sufficiently mashed. Mashed potatoes with little chunks of hard unmashed potato are disgusting, but baked potatoes are good too.
You my sir are right.
Potatos are my favorite vegetables. My mom makes the best mashed potatos ever.
The lumps in the mashed potato just makes me appreciate the moist buttery and fluidy love that's been put into the mashed potato. A timeless recipe kept in the family for generations.
But they don't count as one of your five a day so don't gorge! lol
But some can ruin a really good baked potato ^^
Cheese and butter are all you need to make it perfect 😎