Keys are extremely unfair

Just had a game where everyone was on death hook, I'd been sweating heard vs a quad Dead Hard, BT, DS, Adren swf. Well, there was 1 gen left (was playing Wraith btw) and 3 injured. Well, what happened? Skeleton key. I could've at least gotten 1 more kill but they key immediately let them escape and I only got safety pip. I know rank and pips aren't important but I felt robbed despite playing that game so damn well. It was hard, and I got that as a reward. A free ez win with no chance of loss for the survs.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Moris are about as unfair as keys. I think it evens it out.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/740418#Comment_740418

    It wasn't all 4. It was 3 and 1 gen was left. So yeah, it is extremely unfair. You are another person who quite literally harasses killers thinking they're actually stronger than survs lol

    You know literally nothing about me, but I appreciate your attempt to derail the thread.

    Instead of crying about stupid stuff in the game I deal with it, unlike you. The game is far from perfect, but at the end of the day it’s a party game. It sounds like the survivors made a great play. You lost. Boo hoo. Play the next game.

  • Remove keys, insta heals, mori's and some insta downs. The game would be in a much better place with these all removed.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    I don't disagree but then again... moris, prayer beads, omegablink, etc.

    insta heals, keys, gen rushing, bad ruin spots, infinites, Haddonfield. SWF

  • @slammizzle said:

    @CrowFoxy @UlvenDagoth I've pipped both in games where I've got 0 kills and in games where I've got 1 kill so how are you trying to imply that if a killer gets a 2k it's automatically a de pip?? Maybe you just played badly in the matches you de pipped for you to not even get a safety pip.

    I was playing Plague.

  • I personally don't mind any of those. They make it spicey. Not bad for a casual party game.

  • Also Spirit fury should be reworked as it takes away the only defense from the killers.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    I don't disagree but then again... moris, prayer beads, omegablink, etc.

    Hopefully 2 of those will be removed or changed at a later date :3

  • @Cardgrey said:

    Also Spirit fury should be reworked as it takes away the only defense from the killers.

    Vault points?

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    I don't disagree but then again... moris, prayer beads, omegablink, etc.

    At least one of it gets fixed soon. And you know what the difference between moris and keys is? Keys benefit the user, Moris punish the user.

  • @Maggy_Fyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/740654#Comment_740654

    The difference is keys are pretty ######### and take up an item-slot and ebony mori's are overpowered instawins.

    Oh you meant the depipping part? Who cares about rank again? Do you see the threads complaining about how much they hate red ranks. Depipping is also an upside.

    BP too. And archives will be introduced in near future.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    I don't disagree but then again... moris, prayer beads, omegablink, etc.

    I don't disagree but then again... 4 Bnparts, 4 RES SYRINGES, 4 Survivors that can force with 4 offerings the killer to whatever map they want to go, Comms, Gen Rush, Borrowed time into Decisive Strike into Borrowed into Decisive into Borrowed...

  • At the very least, you shouldn't be able to find regular keys without running a chest build.

    Imagine if there were chests and halfway through the game the killer gets a green mori.

    Yeah.

  • Basically the argument for why keys are fine is "hurrlul mori hurrlul iri hatchets" 🙄. They had no problem with nerfing BNP and Instablinds, idk why not nerf keys.

  • @Maggy_Fyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/740709#Comment_740709

    Yeah I don't think survivors get a boatload of BP in those ebony mori games either buddy. Also killers complaining about BP is a joke, you have BBQ, you get shittons of BP for next-to-nothing, I've seen 0Ks where the killer would still make as much BP as the top 2 survivors.

    Not sure what archives have to do with anything though.

    "You" is an indicator for something. ;)

    Anyway, you are right with the BP thing. With the archives i wanted to remember, that rank may will be important in near future.

  • As long as I had fun I don’t care about keys.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739924#Comment_739924

    You literally cannot balance. Game of a 2k average. You know what happens when a killer does a 2k? WE DEPIP.

    What? In a high rank game? What, did you like not hook anyone at all, not kick gens, and only manage a 2k because of noed?

    We don't depip on a 2k. It entirely depends on how good both sides were during that games, and how much was done. Against the strongest team I've versed, I managed a 2k, and got a pip from that game because of how long I managed to get it to last. ( was playing Pig)

  • As someone stated above. Killers don't even need to kill someone to rank up. It all depends on how well you do in a game.

    The more a game lasts, the higher the chance of you actually maxing out your categories are.

  • @Maggy_Fyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739924#Comment_739924

    This guy gets it, I almost feel like survivors got nerfed so many times that killers don't know what to whine bout anymore so they just pretend that they think keys are something overpowered out of nowhere.

    EGC is the unbalanced thing, keys rebalance it, no you shouldn't get 4K everygame.

    I agree. Though dont forget it was nearly impossible in like 2016 for a killer to catch a good survivor. Remember the killer shack infinites?

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739125#Comment_739125

    At least one of it gets fixed soon. And you know what the difference between moris and keys is? Keys benefit the user, Moris punish the user.

    If that were true people wouldn't be using Moris.

    Moris benefit the killer a lot. Most killers are happier to get 4K than to pip.

    Also using keys is a huge double-edged sword. Bringing a key into a match considerably increases the chance of either a Franklin's Demise or you get tunneled and killed first, unless the killer isn't paying attention or doesn't care.

    @MemberBerry said:

    Basically the argument for why keys are fine is "hurrlul mori hurrlul iri hatchets" 🙄. They had no problem with nerfing BNP and Instablinds, idk why not nerf keys.

    Keys aren't as big a deal. Especially since you still need to work to get the key to work. The hatch doesn't spawn immediately, and the killer can easily take steps to counter the use of the key.


  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739125#Comment_739125

    This is not even an answer. No one should be forced too play a certain way just because of an unfair mechanic in the game. The devs simply need too add hatch grabs back, and keys won't be so overwhelming. Anytime I see a survivor with a key I always tunnel them so I don't have too worry about someone escaping for free when they did nothing (happens a lot).

    That's rich.

    You are saying nobody should be forced to play a certain way, but there's a lot of mechanics on both ends that force people to play in certain ways.

    Survivors for instance are inconvenienced by simple perks (not even add-ons) so they're forced to cleanse totems, hide in lockers, etc. if they don't want to suffer at end game or be found by the killer. Killers need to slug when tunneling so they don't get hit by DS. Etc.

    Keys aren't even overwhelming.

    How many times have you had players escape with a key exactly? I sometimes build for key escapes and even then my key escape rate isn't greater than 1/5 games (that's specifically going for key hatch escapes).


  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/740654#Comment_740654

    If that were true people wouldn't be using Moris.

    Moris benefit the killer a lot. Most killers are happier to get 4K than to pip.

    Also using keys is a huge double-edged sword. Bringing a key into a match considerably increases the chance of either a Franklin's Demise or you get tunneled and killed first, unless the killer isn't paying attention or doesn't care.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/740855#Comment_740855

    Keys aren't as big a deal. Especially since you still need to work to get the key to work. The hatch doesn't spawn immediately, and the killer can easily take steps to counter the use of the key.

    So I take it that you were so bloody lucky that you never found yourself in a situation where neither side was pulling the rope, and then suddenly, bam, 2-3 man key escape.

  • I always try and disguise my keys in Lobbys. I use the puppet hand to hide it when I very rarely use keys.

  • Are we forgetting that the killer has plenty of these types of things? The biggest buff the killers could have possibly wanted is being able to close the hatch. Basically making the game an auto win in 1v1. Plus moris. The survivors having one good thing going for them in said situation isn't something to be touched imo

  • You get rid of keys, means you get rid of moris, you get rid of moris you get rid of red survivor addons, you get rid of red addons, you get rid of killer red addons. They all balance each other out so stop being so salty cos you got owned by a key.

  • @TeambossFloze said:

    You get rid of keys, means you get rid of moris, you get rid of moris you get rid of red survivor addons, you get rid of red addons, you get rid of killer red addons. They all balance each other out so stop being so salty cos you got owned by a key.

    I'll just tunnel and Mori every key then.

  • Cool ! lol I don't really mind ! Tunnel, camp, mori idc ! Game is unfair #lifegoeson

  • Nurse and Insta Heals got nerfed today. Next is probably gonna be Moris or Spirit and Keys.

1 2 ›