Why does this community get so salty so easily?
Genuine question, I just got the best salty message ever and I am now curious on how?
Tagged:
Trusted
Genuine question, I just got the best salty message ever and I am now curious on how?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I would say its because of a couple reasons;
competitive game. Devs only have to put two different gamemodes: quick play and ranked mode
Generally, people feel entitled to win and to have each player play the way that they deem 'fair.'
If you took out egos and imaginary rulesets, we'd be seeing a 'gg' every game.
This game is far away from being competitive.
This. Good way to sum it up.
I think a lot of it comes with time too, or lack there of.
EDIT: Better phrasing is... They just are inexperienced.
Hmmm, i actually find this community a tad less salty than other PvP games.
If i didn't pick the exact character they wanted me to in League of Legends, there'd already be votes to kick me.
In Team Fortress 2, if they don't see that i land at least 3 headshots every minute as Sniper, same as with LoL.
In Dark Souls, it's WAY worse in terms of "following the rules": God forbid you use a healing item to survive them invading your world.
In this game, at least i don't encounter much salt from Survivors if i'm Survivor too.
As far as i can remember, i got salt from other Survivors maybe twice.
Not to say there's no salt in here though.
"competitive" does not mean "e-sports". It's a PvP game, that makes it competitive.
People are very competitive in this game :/
The game is competitive, but has quite a low Skill Level.
Also, the low price is a thing -. the less you have to pay for a game, the more likely it is that the community has some garbage individuals.