Why do I get assumed I'm in a swf

So I'm playing Jane, pretty normal game with a prayer beads spirit and I was I guess a little too toxic running her around like for 2 gens and I got downed and tunneled and camped I a die. I got messaged that I was reported for bringing a toolbox I didnt use and for being in a swf this happens ALL THE TIME. help.

Comments

  • Killers have PTSD from SWF experiences and assume all losses are SWF so they feel better about it.

    In many cases that assumption was correct.

  • Bringing a toolbox is not going to get you banned.

    Being in an SWF is also not going to get you banned.

    Hopefully killers will be able to know soon in the end screen match whether or not they faced an actual SWF.

    Understand that these killers are human and have emotions, they get upset and have rough games. Try not to take it personally, and try not to further incite rage from them. I would literally just ignore it, and if they keep making false reports I am sure they will actually be the ones to have to deal with those consequences.

    Play by the rules, and you don't have to worry at all. If it's in game, aka items, perks, whatever. It is fair game. And that goes for killers too.

    And bonus points for not DC'ing against a prayer bead spirit. Good for you for sticking it out!

  • i mean it sounds like you're just good, and killers assume you're part of a SWF to be working that well as a team. also, neither of those things are bannable, thats a rather funny thing to report someone for.

  • well I mean I get accused of swf just for bodyblocking or trying to flashlight save not all solo players are brain dead

  • Yeah, that too. If a survivor is acting "altruistic" they are considered SWF, when really you are probably just trying to get stacks for WGLF or something. LOL

    @Mtom912 I respect that.

  • @janemain23 said:

    So I'm playing Jane, pretty normal game with a prayer beads spirit and I was I guess a little too toxic running her around like for 2 gens and I got downed and tunneled and camped I a die. I got messaged that I was reported for bringing a toolbox I didnt use and for being in a swf this happens ALL THE TIME. help.

    It seems to me that a lot of the players who get off most on the power of the killer role are the least equipped to handle the stress that comes with it. I know it's been a challenge for me to keep my composure when I feel games are getting away from me. I don't always succeed, especially when there's the added factor of BMing SWF groups, but I think that's why some killers might be especially touchy about the subject.

    Ultimately, it's embarrassing to go from "big scary killer" to "absolutely helpless". There will always be some people who take the easy way out, emotionally, by grabbing any excuse or accusation they can to throw at you.

  • Because just like simply saying "camper tunneler -.-" saying "swf -.-" automatically invalidates the loss to some people. Much more convenient than actually using even a slight amount of brainpower to analyze their own gameplay, you know?

  • Fwiw, there benefit of swf isn't "swf" it's nice comms, which is entirely possible with out becoming official SWF. On PS4 for example, I get invited into the voice party is a swf pretty frequently but I'm not "in the swf".

  • Tbh that sounds like a person who never plays spirit but hears Prayer Beads are "sO oP!!!1!!" expecting a free win.

    Only to get looped for several gens, and proceed to facecamp and lose several more gens.

    Long story short, you went against a killer that didnt know what they were doing and got salty.

  • SWFs the boogieman

    Instant saves, taking a hit for someone, body block, etc. All mistaken for SWF only plays. Killer believes in the boogieman. Boogieman appears.

  • @ColonGlock said:

    Killers have PTSD from SWF experiences and assume all losses are SWF so they feel better about it.

    In many cases that assumption was correct.

    Only baby killers. Most of us don't care. You win some, you lose some.

  • Dunno. If it's on Steam, I'd make sure to turn your profile OFF private. (Still leave a lot of the "only friends can see/comment" settings on.)

    Many killers will check profiles to see if others are on your friends list, and will assume a private profile is just you trying to hide SWF.

  • That’s abusing the report system and they can get banned for it. Next time screenshot them saying that and fill out a quick report online.

  • There are plenty of immature killers who will accuse anyone of being SWF if they "lose."

    There are just people who can't take an objective look at themselves and blame their shortcomings on anything to preserve their fragile but over-inflated egos.

    Shut the chat off and move on.