Do most of you want the old atmosphere back? (except for killers)

Seriously @Peanits isn't there a way to make the game more brighter for killers so they don't have troubles finding blendettes and revert the old lightning for survivor?Isn't it supposed to be eternal night in the entity's realm?It legit looks like it's about to be morning in every map right now.The old look of this game is one of the main reasons why i started playing it back in the day and it's really sad to see it downgrade like that....

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @grayon444 said:

    Seriously @Peanits isn't there a way to make the game more brighter for killers so they don't have troubles finding blendettes and revert the old lightning for survivor?Isn't it supposed to be eternal night in the entity's realm?It legit looks like it's about to be morning in every map right now.The old look of this game is one of the main reasons why i started playing it back in the day and it's really sad to see it downgrade like that....

    It might be just my monitor, but whenever I play killer without an adjustment software everything is darker than the ######### void, same thing with my survivor

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/89406/do-most-of-you-want-the-old-atmosphere-back-except-for-killers

    It might be just my monitor, but whenever I play killer without an adjustment software everything is darker than the ######### void, same thing with my survivor

    Can you please send a screenshot?

  • I feel the exact same way, I watch a lot of old videos and the maps were pitch black and scenic. Now for Killers it makes playing the game extremely hard but it was still beautiful and felt more scary, that old fear everything has, fear of the dark and the unknown.

    When they upgraded the game engine I was really sad to everything get brighter but it did help with finding Survivors, but the game is no longer scary looking.

  • @Peanits Can you consider to give the option to change the lighting in the game? :)

  • If I remember to take one the next time I play I'll send :P Not in the mood to play rn

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703038#Comment_703038

    If I remember to take one the next time I play I'll send :P Not in the mood to play rn

    That's ok.Be safe and have a great day/night!

  • Ive only been playing for a few months and it would be nice to experience the old atmosphere seemed more creepy

  • I think for survivor having the old atmosphere would add tremendously, since in the lore, the killers are given enhanced senses. Not the survivors.

  • The survivors should definitely have darker vision... Killers shouldn't because they are at hands of the entity, the entity can probably do whatever it wants for each role.

  • I actually would be okay with this.

    I don't care if killers want to crank up their gamma, they can "cheat" that way if they want.

    Just give us our nice and dark atmospheric game back.


    Though honestly in my opinion they should adjust it dark for everyone and the extra stealth ability for survivors will give an extra survival tool, so the devs can buff killers in other ways and nerf survivors in others (like making looping and chases less effective). The game will be better when there are additional options for survival other than just running the killer around in chases. Killers have lots of aura-reading and detection perks anyway so they're not going to have that much trouble finding survivors.

  • Are you trolling ? Is he/she serious rn ?

    Not only did they already made certain maps and basements of certain maps dark af but Claudette lbh is black and dressed in brown which is 90% of the color pallet for this game...

    Either get better at immersing yourself or change for a loop and juke build.

    (Red rank both sides)

  • What is trolling about it? A lot of people want the old atmospheric game back.

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/89406/do-most-of-you-want-the-old-atmosphere-back-except-for-killers

    It might be just my monitor, but whenever I play killer without an adjustment software everything is darker than the ######### void, same thing with my survivor

    Something has to be wrong with your monitor, this game is lit as heck.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703037#Comment_703037

    Something has to be wrong with your monitor, this game is lit as heck.

    Not they made it darker recently(PS4) maybe YOUR settings are too high.

  • I know nothing about the PS4, so I will not comment.

    But the game is lit as duck on the PC. I doubt they'd make the game bright on one platform and dark on another, though. They haven't darkened the game since the patch last year that changed the engine.

  • @Mochan said:

    I know nothing about the PS4, so I will not comment.

    But the game is lit as duck on the PC. I doubt they'd make the game bright on one platform and dark on another, though. They haven't darkened the game since the patch last year that changed the engine.

    Seriously my game settings are on maximum and certain maps are still extremly dark (Myers map, meat packing factory, the red forrest). Also, when 4 survivors bring the purple fog flask ######### gets INSANE.

    I also don't think they would make it different. But I swear that since the Demogorgon release, the maps I just talked about are much darker than ever. Idk if it's a bug but this is true.

  • I dunno, this has to be an issue with the TV/monitor and or the specific person's eyesight.

    For instance, this is what the Myers map looks like now.

    image.png image.png

    Is that too dark for you? It shouldn't be.

    It used to look like this:

    image.png


  • @VESSEL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/89406/do-most-of-you-want-the-old-atmosphere-back-except-for-killers

    It might be just my monitor, but whenever I play killer without an adjustment software everything is darker than the ######### void, same thing with my survivor

    I had this issue as well. Investigation into it found that it was a firmware setting in my monitor that caused it to autodim anytime the screen was dark. Made not only DbD hard to play, but anything that had a night cycle like ARK or Dayz. I got around it with adjustment software as well - just went into my nvidia control panel and overrode the monitor settings then turned up the brightness by a factor of 20 percent. Never had an issue again.

  • Idk all my other games run just fine (Don't even think, F13, FF14, Man of medan)

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    Are you trolling ? Is he/she serious rn ?

    Not only did they already made certain maps and basements of certain maps dark af but Claudette lbh is black and dressed in brown which is 90% of the color pallet for this game...

    Either get better at immersing yourself or change for a loop and juke build.

    (Red rank both sides)

    Are you an idiot or are you just trolling?Listen i am a very aggressive player and i don't care about stealth AT ALL.I just want the old look of the game for survivors, that is all.Killers can have a brighter view i don't care.I'm sorry for calling you names but please read my writings uder the title.I DO NOT want killers to get the old lightning back.

  • I don't know what to tell you. I showed you photographic evidence of what the game looks like today and how it used to look two years ago. I can even take a screenshot next time I play Haddonfield just so you know I'm not BSing.

    The game is too bright with unnatural levels of gamma and saturation that just look plain bad.

    The game is significantly brighter today than it used to be and even the devs confirm that. Peanits has mentioned that the game is brighter today and that this was done at the request of players who thought the game was too dark. The game is a lot brighter than it used to be. Unnaturally so. This is a fact.

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703911#Comment_703911

    Are you an idiot or are you just trolling?Listen i am a very aggressive player and i don't care about stealth AT ALL.I just want the old look of the game for survivors, that is all.Killers can have a brighter view i don't care.I'm sorry for calling you names but please read my writings uder the title.I DO NOT want killers to get the old lightning back.

    I'm not even going go reply anything beside that playing agressive with Claudette is counter productive.

  • Probably one of the few who doesn't really care?

    Current? Sure.

    Like old days? Sure.


  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703990#Comment_703990

    I'm not even going go reply anything beside that playing agressive with Claudette is counter productive.

    You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the survivor side of the game if you think Claudette isn't allowed to play aggressively.

  • @Mochan said:

    I don't know what to tell you. I showed you photographic evidence of what the game looks like today and how it used to look two years ago. I can even take a screenshot next time I play Haddonfield just so you know I'm not BSing.

    The game is too bright with unnatural levels of gamma and saturation that just look plain bad.

    The game is significantly brighter today than it used to be and even the devs confirm that. Peanits has mentioned that the game is brighter today and that this was done at the request of players who thought the game was too dark. The game is a lot brighter than it used to be. Unnaturally so. This is a fact.

    Evidence ? First off you could just max or lower gamma setting then take the pic but that's not my point.

    My situation happened in the meat factory map and survivors brought 3 purple flasks. That's how we started the game I couldn't see anything bc it was literally so dark I couldn't even see lockers.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703995#Comment_703995

    You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the survivor side of the game if you think Claudette isn't allowed to play aggressively.

    Did I say he couldn't ?? I said he shouldn't.

    Also, I'm red rank so I think I understand this game A LOT.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703990#Comment_703990

    I'm not even going go reply anything beside that playing agressive with Claudette is counter productive.

    What are you on about?So Claudette's can't play aggressively?That is the most stupid ######### i have ever heard on this forum.Every survivor can play how they want to play.It really depends on the person who controls the survivor.

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703995#Comment_703995

    What are you on about?So Claudette's can't play aggressively?That is the most stupid ######### i have ever heard on this forum.Every survivor can play how they want to play.It really depends on the person who controls the survivor.

    You both should take time to properly read.

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703995#Comment_703995

    What are you on about?So Claudette's can't play aggressively?That is the most stupid ######### i have ever heard on this forum.Every survivor can play how they want to play.It really depends on the person who controls the survivor.

    Also, if you can't have a civilized conversation and keep bad mouthing me idk why you even made a post in the first place.

    Yes not everyone will agree with you. Learn to deal with it.

  • Why is it 'counter productive' as you said?You think she's supposed to be played stealthy because she has the best stealth potential?I don't think so.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704010#Comment_704010

    Also, if you can't have a civilized conversation and keep bad mouthing me idk why you even made a post in the first place.

    Yes not everyone will agree with you. Learn to deal with it.

    I do not want everyone to agree with me.You just made a very dumb point, and i got mad.

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704012#Comment_704012

    Why is it 'counter productive' as you said?You think she's supposed to be played stealthy because she has the best stealth potential?I don't think so.

    Facts:

    Wether you think it dark enough in your opiniong of not;

    -The overhaul design of the game and color pallet allows her to camouflage extremly well even in plain sight (hence ALL the meme and parody)

    - Her small stature add to her ability to hide in Little corners and such.

    So imo trying to play agressive with her is "counter productive" bc since she is so well designed to be stealthy why go against it ?

    So I'm not saying you "couldn't" but that you "shouldn't"

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704017#Comment_704017

    I do not want everyone to agree with me.You just made a very dumb point, and i got mad.

    I'm the only one bringing facts to the point of talking about obvious character design and optimal gameplay.

    You called me names and gave no solid argumentation. How is MY point dumb ? Please enlighten me.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704028#Comment_704028

    I'm the only one bringing facts to the point of talking about obvious character design and optimal gameplay.

    You called me names and gave no solid argumentation. How is MY point dumb ? Please enlighten me.

    Your point is i shouldn't play Claudette with an aggressive playstyle because she is designed to be stealthy.Again because you said ''you can, but you shouldn't'' doesn't take out what you had just said.

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704038#Comment_704038

    Your point is i shouldn't play Claudette with an aggressive playstyle because she is designed to be stealthy.Again because you said ''you can, but you shouldn't'' doesn't take out what you had just said.

    Look at why this post was made and the fact you play agressive with Claudette, eye my red rank.

    *Face palm*

    Okay I'm done. Good day.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703920#Comment_703920

    Not they made it darker recently(PS4) maybe YOUR settings are too high.

    Uhmmm when? Because I play on PS4 and it's lit asf. As a killer it's soooo easy to spot survivors from across the map even Claudette who also was lightened significantly.

    I agree with @Mochan it's and think it's your monitor/TV.

  • @slingshotsurvivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703927#Comment_703927

    Uhmmm when? Because I play on PS4 and it's lit asf. As a killer it's soooo easy to spot survivors from across the map even Claudette who also was lightened significantly.

    I agree with @Mochan it's and think it's your monitor/TV.

    Yeah sure I'm done with this post, good day ^^

  • OP calling people idiots or their opinions dumb is a quick way to get yourself banned.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    OP calling people idiots or their opinions dumb is a quick way to get yourself banned.

    I didn't even he was stating his 'opinion' lmao, it seemed more like a dumb point.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    OP calling people idiots or their opinions dumb is a quick way to get yourself banned.

    @brokedownpalace I agree! They ask a question then negate the feedback "oh you're not on PS4) AND with nasty comments. SMDH

    I gave legitimate feedback as always. I have seen survivors across the map including Claudette on PS4 because that's what I play.

    I mention how they lightened the maps and the survivors and get a nasty retort. 🙄

    I'll just take this as a child posting a bait post because negating the Devs work and other actual players feedback with nasty responses is just that - bait.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    OP calling people idiots or their opinions dumb is a quick way to get yourself banned.

    Not to mention that i apologised to him if he ever got upset with my words.Plus people shoud stop being so sensitive on the internet over people calling them 'idiots'.

  • I also miss the old days. I hate the new engine, it's way too bright for a Horror game. The old Maps were much more atmospheric and fit perfectly with the Lore. Now it always looks like it's the middle of an overcast day.

  • I 110% agree with this post. The atmosphere of survivors should be darker like how it used to be. For killers, it can stay the same way it currently is now. But it is too bright for survivors and not at all atmospheric.

  • yes yes and yes,i want the old atmosphere back again,new lightning feels weird,garbage and not cool,they said it was from a popular demand to change it,but i disagree,IMO just another excuse to not rework the lightning to be the same as before on the old engine,and also make medium settings and higher unviable to play,notice how 99% of killers use low settings,survivors too

  • @Ninjaarman721 said:

    yes yes and yes,i want the old atmosphere back again,new lightning feels weird,garbage and not cool,they said it was from a popular demand to change it,but i disagree,IMO just another excuse to not rework the lightning to be the same as before on the old engine,and also make medium settings and higher unviable to play,notice how 99% of killers use low settings,survivors too

    not stating the fact that the new lightning more than horrible,just destroys stealth from michael myers,ghostface,pig,and survivors stealth