The totems spawns are ridiculous on the new map

I'm running Small Game and I still can't find them because the cone is massive and detects totems on different floors for some reason. The spawns on the new Badham are much more fair, especially since every part of the Hawkins map starts to blur together once you've walked around it a few times.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I'm running Small Game and I still can't find them because the cone is massive and detects totems on different floors for some reason. The spawns on the new Badham are much more fair, especially since every part of the Hawkins map starts to blur together once you've walked around it a few times.

    I never seen someone say totem spots are actually good before, this is crazy! I'm going to use a map offering and use Devour Hope in hopes it gets to 5 tokens! 😋


    On the subject tho, this is expected because all indoor maps have great totem spot because you can't spot them from a far - you're forced to check every room to find the totem. This is how it should've been a long time ago because in most totem spots, the totem will find the survivor instead of the survivor finding the totem. :)

  • I actually don’t think they’re too hard to find.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I actually don’t think they’re too hard to find.

    I'm not familiar enough with that map, but at least some spawning points really aren't hard to find indeed.

  • As someone who uses small game a lot, detecting totems on different levels of a map is actually a good thing.

  • Not gonna lie, they're kinda hard to find without small game. Once it spawned under the stairs and I was looking for it like 5 minutes?

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Not gonna lie, they're kinda hard to find without small game. Once it spawned under the stairs and I was looking for it like 5 minutes?

    That’s why I married small game.😉

  • I feel it's more about getting used to the map than the totems themselves being hidden super well. I've seen some pretty nice spots, but others are just ... there in a particular room.

    Run a map capable of tracking totems and go totem hunting if you want to learn the spots quicker. Pretty good BP gains as well. If you're willing to spend them Rainbow Maps with double stamps (range) addons will make it super easy to scout the whole map, you even scout upstairs from the main floor.

  • @oxygen said:

    I feel it's more about getting used to the map than the totems themselves being hidden super well. I've seen some pretty nice spots, but others are just ... there in a particular room.

    Run a map capable of tracking totems and go totem hunting if you want to learn the spots quicker. Pretty good BP gains as well. If you're willing to spend them Rainbow Maps with double stamps (range) addons will make it super easy to scout the whole map, you even scout upstairs from the main floor.

    True. Good idea. I'm taking Detective's Hunch, a map and Small Game just to learn them all 😅

    Jk but that would be fun

  • @GrootDude said:

    As someone who uses small game a lot, detecting totems on different levels of a map is actually a good thing.

    I waste time trying to check every nook and cranny on one floor only to find out it's on another. It's really only a problem on like 2 maps, though.

  • I also gotta learn hatch spawns!

  • You just gotta get used to the multi-levels of Hawkins with Small Game. First time I used small on Hawkins, it was a disaster. Now I know if small game "pings" in front of me and I don't see the totem, it must be directly above me if I'm starting on the bottom floor. Now I destroy Hawkins totems in less than a minute.

  • Yeah, I'm starting to thinking of using it :)

  • Wish my Devour Hope was unfindable there.

    Haven't even gotten to 3 Tokens yet on that map.

  • I think one sort of issue is that all of the rooms have similar entrances and exits. There are times where I will be in a chase trying to find a specific room, and I go through like 20 rooms trying to find that one because everything looks the same.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    I think one sort of issue is that all of the rooms have similar entrances and exits. There are times where I will be in a chase trying to find a specific room, and I go through like 20 rooms trying to find that one because everything looks the same.

    Yeah I do that too. The Game and Lery's used to be confusing to me so maybe I'll learn Hawkins as well.

    Though they improved navigation in The Game a lot since release. Maybe Lery's too?

  • This parchment IS HERESY

    Untitled Image


    Is the only true meme, get out of here Сталкер!

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702675#Comment_702675

    This parchment IS HERESY

    https://i.redd.it/5fkxz2or6ku11.png

    Is the only true meme, get out of here Сталкер!

    You're both wrong

    5GYH077L7CWN.png


  • I've seen a couple of "uncleansable" totems stuffed between barrels on this map.

    When I'm killer, my Ruin always seems to spawn on the second floor location, always.

    @_@

  • Also, any of the Spirit maps or Red Forest or Temple forget about it. The new map spawns a totem that you can't cleanse so if that's ever lit for devour hope that a wrap.

    As a killer I love getting those maps when I have a Hex totem as a survivor not so much lol

    I once msg a killer to trade a mori just to find the location (Yamoka Map). It was driving me nuts! I had gotten that map 3 times in a row with ruin and couldn't find it. He obliged thankfully.

    I normally slog through it but my teammate just were awful on gens. Oh the joys of solo queueing 😂