Balance for DC/AFK players

A survivor DC'ing or AFK is a detriment to the experience of all other players. It saves the killer plenty of time and almost always secures them a win. It also reduces the overall points possible for survivors and killer. The only way I've seen anyone combat this is just everyone DC and then everyone in the entire game negative pips. Here are some brainstorm ideas just off of the top of my head.

-Only depip survivors that are first to disconnect/increase the bonus (quitter bonus) for killers per DC

-Add a bonus to gen speed after a DC

-Enforce frequent DC with softbans

Those are just a few examples. Good killers do not have fun when a survivor is removed from the game quickly. Most games I play only low ranking killers attempt to tunnel/facecamp and its because having a surv out of the game early is extremely strong.

Lemme hear your ideas! Really doubt something will be done about it but a girl can dream.

Comments

  • I'd say to add an increased repair speed based on how many people and generators are left, if someone DCs and there are only 2 gens left with 3 survivors, the survivors don't really need the speed bonus. However, if someone DCs and there are 5 gens left with 3 survivors then they definitely need the speed boost.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    I'd say to add an increased repair speed based on how many people and generators are left, if someone DCs and there are only 2 gens left with 3 survivors, the survivors don't really need the speed bonus. However, if someone DCs and there are 5 gens left with 3 survivors then they definitely need the speed boost.

    Yeah theres def math to do if anything like this was ever implemented. when players dc, how many players dc etc. However any game that has two survivors left and any more than one gen left to do, the game is over. I just wish devs would incentivize actual gameplay in these situation rather than just two people playing hide and seek waiting for the other to die looking for hatch.

  • They just need to ban people for DCing, that's it. If bona to gens speed for a DC were added, i can already see SWF DCing on the third hook as they're being carried to help their team, also since DCs are not punished at all.

  • @YaiPa said:

    They just need to ban people for DCing, that's it. If bona to gens speed for a DC were added, i can already see SWF DCing on the third hook as they're being carried to help their team, also since DCs are not punished at all.

    Ideally there should be a way that helps that doesnt cause a new exploit but I agree this would be the most straightforward fix

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    "Oh I'm about to die on death hook"

    <DC>

    Yay, everyone gets free boost to gen repair speed!

    The solution isn't to reward everyone else when someone DCs or AFKs. The solution is to provide incentives and proper punishments so people don't DC or AFK in the first place, where those who continue to do so in a serial fashion, being not welcome to play the game anymore.

    @Sairek People who DC normally don’t care about points nor the punishment they will receive.

    I think at the very least if the DC happens before a gen gets done, it needs the same exact treatment as if the DC had happened pre-match.

    Either cancel the match alltogether or knock off a gen because technically it is a 3 v 1 at that point.

  • The solution is remove ebony mori and prevent campers/tunnelers

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702095#Comment_702095

    I never said they did. Thus why I said proper punishments need to be introduced.

    Things like a long cooldown time after disconnecting from a match, or losing access to the game entirely for days like they're supposed to after DCing too much, would be punishments that would prevent a majority of players from disconnecting. The other minority would sooner or later learn not to do it and stop doing it, or will simply not be able to play the game, fixing the problem for players either way.

    People already DC and forfeit all of the BP and 2 pips just to deny a killer 700 blood points or so. Do you really think people wouldn't abuse the ability to instantly end a match and get a "redo", wasting everyone's time -- especially the killer's, just because the killer got a good start? Do you know how many people DC on their first down when 5 gens are still up already? Imagine giving survivors the ability to just void a match that didn't start well for them or to turn a bad situation into a better one in their favor for leaving.

    It's not fair to punish the killer because the survivor DCed. That only encourages people to DC more. Punish the survivor who DCs constantly for being an entitled dick until they either stop being a dick or they reap what they have sowed and are not allowed to play the game anymore and ruin people's games both survivor and killer alike.

    @Sairek I’m all for punishments for DC’ers.

    But I am also for fair play and getting stuck with a 3blink Nurse with Noed and a Mori while it is technically not the rest of the team’s fault isn’t fun.

    I would rather the match get cancelled and the survivor get a punishment. That way it’s fair for both sides.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702108#Comment_702108

    @Sairek I’m all for punishments for DC’ers.

    But I am also for fair play and getting stuck with a 3blink Nurse with Noed and a Mori while it is technically not the rest of the team’s fault isn’t fun.

    I would rather the match get cancelled and the survivor get a punishment. That way it’s fair for both sides.

    Yeah this is kinda my point exactly. So now the killer knows theyre gonna win and theyre not gonna have too much fun doing it so they usually just get it over quickly. The killer isnt gonna leave and take the hits to their rank bc a surv DC so now the rest of the remaining players basically need to wait around and die just to safety pip. It really ruins the game. Same thing with moris--but thats a different conversation

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702128#Comment_702128

    It's a good thing 3-blink Nurse won't exist soon, then.

    I know it's not fair, but you can't make an unfair situation fair without adding incentive to DC, which is the opposite of what you want. At worse, it encourages DCing because "who cares if I do it then?". At worst, people do it on purpose to exploit and gain an advantage.

    For example, people already DC so someone gets a quick hatch escape, and therefore denying the killer 2 potential kills and that can even result in a depip for the killer. So it's not something that will become a thing. It already is a thing. If DCing didn't let people get hatch escapes, they wouldn't DC to give hatch because obviously if it doesn't work, there's no incentive to do it.

    @Sairek

    Some people don’t care about incentives... that’s why they are DCing.

    They don’t care about how much they are screwing their team over. I don’t know expect the killer to understand but I also don’t think not treating the match as a 3v1 is the right way to go. In fact, if I play killer and the rest DC I don’t blame them for doing it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702128#Comment_702128

    It's a good thing 3-blink Nurse won't exist soon, then.

    I know it's not fair, but you can't make an unfair situation fair without adding incentive to DC, which is the opposite of what you want. At worse, it encourages DCing because "who cares if I do it then?". At worst, people do it on purpose to exploit and gain an advantage.

    For example, people already DC so someone gets a quick hatch escape, and therefore denying the killer 2 potential kills and that can even result in a depip for the killer. So it's not something that will become a thing. It already is a thing. If DCing didn't let people get hatch escapes, they wouldn't DC to give hatch because obviously if it doesn't work, there's no incentive to do it.

    I dont think this i a good way to look at it. The killer is not the victim of the DC all the players are. players DCing intentionally to allow a hatch escape still will cause a depip for all the survivors in most cases. As long as the killer doesnt DC i'm pretty sure theyre given a safety pip out of quitter bonuses alone. Nobody should be obligated to stay in an unwinnable game just so the killer can pip when they stand to gain nothing. My only empathy for the killers here is that wait times are horrible and I see a lot of post game frustration from killers in quick games where survs just kill themselves on hook.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702188#Comment_702188

    SOME. Some is not all.

    Again, either they DC, and punishments make them be able to play less games to not being able to play at all, thus either they stop ruining games or they lose access to the game and thus, CAN'T ruin games anymore.

    Again, the idea is to not give any reasons to DC in the first place, and to stop players who still do it anyways. Not give more reasons to DC.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702202#Comment_702202

    How is it a bad way to look at it?

    Maybe it's a subjective thing, but I'd rather DCs be an event that happen very rarely and the times it does, knowing the person is going to be punished accordingly, than it happening once every other game which can happen simply because someone is triggered that they're losing and so they leave the match with little to no punishment at all.

    You are right that everyone usually suffers from players DCing, but I'd argue it's usually the killer who actually suffers the most than even the survivors. Survivors if they wish can just go die and move onto the next match. Killers have to stay in the match until the bitter end and they are losing both of their addons.

    A player DCing doesn't give depip immunity for the killer, either. I've had three survivors DC on me with the fourth getting the hatch:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/818/03AWYXCN1OBR.png

    Imagine if I had used any actual good addons and/or offerings here. This match lasted a whole 45 seconds, by the way. The person with the flashlight pulled the plug, thus keeping their flashlight. I literally came out of this game with a net negative and had my rank been higher, it would have been a depip (I barely black pipped).

    This kind of situation should almost never happen, but it happens almost daily and that can be literally just because the survivors simply don't like the killer you're playing. And that's because there's no punishment for it unless you do it A LOT.

    @Sairek

    Not giving reasons to DC would mean nerfing some killers and not allowing certain builds, removing moris which isn’t fair for killers.

    Like I said some people DC simply for not liking the killer they are going up against or the map. What incentive would you give that will make them choose THAT over not having fun?

  • DC needs a punishment, start with 5 minutes then 15 then an hour and so on.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702220#Comment_702220

    @Sairek

    Not giving reasons to DC would mean nerfing some killers and not allowing certain builds, removing moris which isn’t fair for killers.

    Like I said some people DC simply for not liking the killer they are going up against or the map. What incentive would you give that will make them choose THAT over not having fun?

    And nerfing DS or MoM was fair for survivors?

  • MoM was stupidly OP even most survivors can admit that, when you claim otherwise your argument loses credibility.

    The original BNP and the original Mori were too strong too, sometimes developers make mistakes and put things in that shouldn’t ever be and when there taken aware it’s not a nerf it’s correcting a mistake.

  • Mom was designed to be broken since M1 killers including Nurse would be forced to hit 3 times for a down. And DS is an anti tunnel perk now.