Thank you BHVR for listening to your community.

Comments

  • So the title is sarcastic, or what?

    I have to say, not the most constructive way to ask someone for a new feature.

  • @kamisen said:

    So the title is sarcastic, or what?

    I have to say, not the most constructive way to ask someone for a new feature.

    Ofc sarcastic.

    I mean, when the community was giving 3 years constructive feedback, asking and beggining for stuff like that.. Then there is only memes left.

  • @justarandy Whatever floats your boat, I guess. I'm all for a colorblind-mode.

  • People who are not colourblind could have a competitive advantage tho

  • Yeah you gotta admit despite being 3 years in development this game has very little customizable and toggable settings, almost as little as a rushed console port


    Even EA games have multiple color blind settings

  • Colour blind settings in every game are terrible tho. But nah I do actually struggle to see when a gen is red or yellow or when a survivors aura is shown cause I'm sPeCiAl. If they do it well and don't just make blood purple (like most games) then it would actually be helpful

  • It's absolutely still something we would like to do, we haven't been ignoring it, but it's not quite as simple as it seems. There's way more to it than just slapping a filter onto it and calling it a day. I'll bring it up with the team again.

  • Yeah we kinda need the next update to just be a big fat QOL update. Add in more performance options, make the wiggle/struggle buttons more accessible, add colorblind modes, fix the matchmaking so you get matched up with people your rank, and also make matchmaking not take 5+ minutes.

  • @Th3Entity said:

    People who are not colourblind could have a competitive advantage tho

    No. CoD has colourblind option aswell and it is much more competetive than dbd will ever be.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's absolutely still something we would like to do, we haven't been ignoring it, but it's not quite as simple as it seems. There's way more to it than just slapping a filter onto it and calling it a day. I'll bring it up with the team again.

    So basically, y'all don't have the time for basic accessibility features almost all games have at launch, but somehow there's time for almost weekly cosmetic drops and new chapters every few months? I guess Meg's new hairdo is more important than making a playable game :/

  • I think theres more important things to want than ur little scratch mark thingy

    Like balancing the game my guy

  • @PlzDonBeMeanToMe said:

    I think theres more important things to want than ur little scratch mark thingy

    Like balancing the game my guy

    Yes


    Like making sure some players can actually see the scratch marks


    My guy

  • @gatorwave said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700029#Comment_700029

    So basically, y'all don't have the time for basic accessibility features almost all games have at launch, but somehow there's time for almost weekly cosmetic drops and new chapters every few months? I guess Meg's new hairdo is more important than making a playable game :/

    Most games will apply a filter over the entire game. This is more or less like moving the hue slider in Photoshop. Everything is discolored, but if you're colorblind, they may at least be able to see what's going on.

    You can already somewhat do this in Dead by Daylight by using Freestyle, but that highlights why this isn't a solution. Things like blood and scratch marks blend into the ground, and shifting the hue can only do so much. Similar things are always going to look similar.

    Changing the colours outright also isn't a great solution. Maybe blood blue instead of red would make it far easier to see, since red can often blend into the ground while blue stands out no matter where you are. There's no blue tinted dirt.

    We are still looking into ways we can improve accessibility options, but it's not quite as simple as it seems. Cosmetics are unrelated. Artists cannot make shaders or program new options.

  • @PlzDonBeMeanToMe said:

    I think theres more important things to want than ur little scratch mark thingy

    Like balancing the game my guy

    Adding accessibility features would balance the game by making it actually playable to everyone

  • @PlzDonBeMeanToMe said:

    I think theres more important things to want than ur little scratch mark thingy

    Like balancing the game my guy

    It's definitely still important. Yes, we do need to pick priorities, but making sure that as many people as possible can play the game is still important.

  • @gatorwave said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700029#Comment_700029

    So basically, y'all don't have the time for basic accessibility features almost all games have at launch, but somehow there's time for almost weekly cosmetic drops and new chapters every few months? I guess Meg's new hairdo is more important than making a playable game :/

    Bro, its tough enough to get a word in things, and more to execute. Lots to consider

  • Every colorblind which has looked up for solutions already knows that they are able to use older versions of a tool called reshade to apply filter.

  • @kamisen said:

    So the title is sarcastic, or what?

    I have to say, not the most constructive way to ask someone for a new feature.

    This guy

  • @Peanits said:

    It's absolutely still something we would like to do, we haven't been ignoring it, but it's not quite as simple as it seems. There's way more to it than just slapping a filter onto it and calling it a day. I'll bring it up with the team again.

    While you’re at it, can you guys look at changing the struggle phase to a button hold instead of button mash? It’s another accessibility feature that would be an incredibly easy change that TONS of people have been asking for for a long time.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700029#Comment_700029

    While you’re at it, can you guys look at changing the struggle phase to a button hold instead of button mash? It’s another accessibility feature that would be an incredibly easy change that TONS of people have been asking for for a long time.

    We're looking into something to help people with RSI. It probably wouldn't be a hold, but we're looking for alternatives the still give you something to do without mashing the button.

  • Watching a color blind friend playing killer was the funniest I've ever seen.

    "follow the scratch marks!"

    "What scratch marks? I don't see scratch marks!"

    "The red things-..."

    Never would I have realized how important seeing color was to play killer. Just replace scratch marks with obvious symbols, and boom, you've helped a whole community.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700055#Comment_700055

    Most games will apply a filter over the entire game. This is more or less like moving the hue slider in Photoshop. Everything is discolored, but if you're colorblind, they may at least be able to see what's going on.

    You can already somewhat do this in Dead by Daylight by using Freestyle, but that highlights why this isn't a solution. Things like blood and scratch marks blend into the ground, and shifting the hue can only do so much. Similar things are always going to look similar.

    Changing the colours outright also isn't a great solution. Maybe blood blue instead of red would make it far easier to see, since red can often blend into the ground while blue stands out no matter where you are. There's no blue tinted dirt.

    We are still looking into ways we can improve accessibility options, but it's not quite as simple as it seems. Cosmetics are unrelated. Artists cannot make shaders or program new options.

    I know changing the color of blood can ruin the games balance if non-colorblind people use the colorblind filter but a good first step would be to give scratch marks a different color than red.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's absolutely still something we would like to do, we haven't been ignoring it, but it's not quite as simple as it seems. There's way more to it than just slapping a filter onto it and calling it a day. I'll bring it up with the team again.

    Really appreciate you guys even trying to look into this. I'm not as colour blind as most but it still affects me pretty hard not being able to see certain shades of red/purple and it hits hard as a killer especially.

  • @PolarBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700082#Comment_700082

    I know changing the color of blood can ruin the games balance if non-colorblind people use the colorblind filter but a good first step would be to give scratch marks a different color than red.

    I don't even think that "blue blood" will give such a huge advantage than red blood. Or green scratch marks.

    Scratchmarks are broken anyway. At best, green scratch marks would fix ormond. I really don't see how a different colour would break the balance. It's not significant.

  • As a colorblind person I am begging for the ability to change scratch mark colors. For my colorblindness, scratch marks that appear on trees, dirt, grass, wooden structures ect are invisible unless I'm basically at the spot the marks start freshly spawning.

    However, colors bleed across lines for a lot of people and so making it "change scratch marks to a different color." probably won't solve the whole problem. Blue scratch marks would probably disappear more readily on the industrial maps for me and so being able to choose the scratch mark colors for each map would need to be implemented.

  • @Th3Entity said:

    People who are not colourblind could have a competitive advantage tho

    Because an aura is blue instead of red?

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700276#Comment_700276

    I don't even think that "blue blood" will give such a huge advantage than red blood. Or green scratch marks.

    Scratchmarks are broken anyway. At best, green scratch marks would fix ormond. I really don't see how a different colour would break the balance. It's not significant.

    Different colored blood would. Tracking survivors would be much easier with, say, blue blood as it's much more discernible than regular red blood. Everyone who wasn't playing with colorblind mode enabled would be playing at a severe disadvantage.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700276#Comment_700276

    I don't even think that "blue blood" will give such a huge advantage than red blood. Or green scratch marks.

    Scratchmarks are broken anyway. At best, green scratch marks would fix ormond. I really don't see how a different colour would break the balance. It's not significant.

    Not talking about scratch marks or blood I'm talking about survivors' clothing

  • @Peanits said:

    It's absolutely still something we would like to do, we haven't been ignoring it, but it's not quite as simple as it seems. There's way more to it than just slapping a filter onto it and calling it a day. I'll bring it up with the team again.

    so it is hard to code an option into the settings of the game and show exemples of cratch marks/blood with different colors?


    changing the colors seems pretty easy to me, tho i know nothing about prgramming, pretty sure just changing colors i could do it myself, coding the game to have the posibility to change the colors for color blind shouldn't take TOO much time since it's just making the game change colors, not the graphics, colors, how can it still not be done after 3 years?

  • @Peanits said:

    It's absolutely still something we would like to do, we haven't been ignoring it, but it's not quite as simple as it seems. There's way more to it than just slapping a filter onto it and calling it a day. I'll bring it up with the team again.

    Is there some update about that? It really would help a ton of we could change hook/gen aura colours (obviously survivor aura colour would be the same like gen aura so they can still hide behind them to counter bbq)

  • @2Khours said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700029#Comment_700029

    so it is hard to code an option into the settings of the game and show exemples of cratch marks/blood with different colors?

    changing the colors seems pretty easy to me, tho i know nothing about prgramming, pretty sure just changing colors i could do it myself, coding the game to have the posibility to change the colors for color blind shouldn't take TOO much time since it's just making the game change colors, not the graphics, colors, how can it still not be done after 3 years?

    The issue from what it seems is bhvr doesn't wanna allow players to be able to adjust their own stuff... scratchmarks, chase music, etc...

  • And yet they implement crossplays which nobody wanted and is just going to ######### on console/mobile players even more since they don't have stable FPS.

  • @Plu said:

    And yet they implement crossplays which nobody wanted and is just going to ######### on console/mobile players even more since they don't have stable FPS.

    They haven't implement Crossplay between consoles and PCs yet. But apparently they are working on it

  • @Plu said:

    And yet they implement crossplays which nobody wanted and is just going to ######### on console/mobile players even more since they don't have stable FPS.

    Many have asked for crossplay between certain platforms, its just Console v PC that is argued against. If you search there are numerous posts asking for Xbox and PS4 crossplay. They have also stated mobile also wont have any cross play.

    The current crossplay is between the Steam and the Windows store versions so only two stores which use PC.

  • Just like the archives they'll add it when they find a way to monetize it

  • @kamisen said:

    So the title is sarcastic, or what?

    I have to say, not the most constructive way to ask someone for a new feature.

    Well, if in three years they haven't responded to the constructive ways... Perhaps a bit os sarcasm will get the message through.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700076#Comment_700076

    It's definitely still important. Yes, we do need to pick priorities, but making sure that as many people as possible can play the game is still important.

    Billys power bar has an opacity of... 30?? Fix it!!