PSA : How to name yourself

I just wanna make a quick PSA for randos about how to name your character, or account, or whatever it is.

What to do : 
make a name. lets use Danglepeen for exampe, without adding a bunch of bullshit to it.

What not to do : 

for some reason unknown to me, have Xs at the front and end of your name like XDanglepeenX

have a bunch of random numbers at the end of your name as if you are the 53798th person with that name like XDanglepeenX53798

add the word “killa” to your name like XDanglepeenKillaX

find a reason to wedge the most cliche numbers possible in there like X420Danglepeen666Killa69X

have a clan tag for a game you played like 5 ######### years ago, like [NUTS]X420Danglepeen666Killa69X

I see all of this garbage on a daily basis. 

Please
 just 
stop

this is your NAME for FFS! its what IM gonna have to call you when i refer to you in game, and i shouldnt have to do a deep dive into your ######### name to figure out what to call you.

come up with a name that isnt taken. if for some reason it IS already taken, dont just add a bunch of bullshit to it. be creative and make up a new name.

THANK YOU
Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Lowbei said:
    I just wanna make a quick PSA for randos about how to name your character, or account, or whatever it is.

    What to do : 

    make a name. lets use Danglepeen for exampe, without adding a bunch of bullshit to it.

    What not to do : 

    for some reason unknown to me, have Xs at the front and end of your name like XDanglepeenX

    have a bunch of random numbers at the end of your name as if you are the 53798th person with that name like XDanglepeenX53798

    add the word “killa” to your name like XDanglepeenKillaX

    find a reason to wedge the most cliche numbers possible in there like X420Danglepeen666Killa69X

    have a clan tag for a game you played like 5 [BAD WORD] years ago, like [NUTS]X420Danglepeen666Killa69X

    I see all of this garbage on a daily basis. 

    Please

     just 

    stop

    this is your NAME for ######### sake. its what IM gonna have to call you when i refer to you in game, and i shouldnt have to do a deep dive into your [BAD WORD] name to figure out what to call you.

    come up with a name that isnt taken. if for some reason it IS already taken, dont just add a bunch of bullshit to it. be creative and make up a new name.

    THANK YOU

    I hate when people add numbers to jack11803, it’s a name, it’s taken!

  • Punish them by farming them off the hook! That'll teach them!
  • @SenzuDuck said:
    Or let people do whatever they want with their name.
    How pedantic.

    How date you use words above my grade school teachings! I’ll never share LEGO’s with you AGAIN!

  • SenzuDuck said:

    Or let people do whatever they want with their name.
    How pedantic.

    nah. git gud @ naming
  • @SenzuDuck said:

    @Jack11803 said:

    @SenzuDuck said:
    Or let people do whatever they want with their name.
    How pedantic.

    How date you use words above my grade school teachings! I’ll never share LEGO’s with you AGAIN!

    MEGA BLOKS are better.

    Ok no they’re not. If you honk so, you’re just an attention seeking POSER!

  • Also don't add your country abbreviation in there as well. Oh and spare us the leet ######### its not clever.


    - [NIG]GERxXxCh3st3r420The69M0l3st3rxXx.
  • I like to look at what I’m eating at the moment to decide.
  • My decision was made while I was takin a dump
  • ThePloopz said:
    My decision was made while I was takin a dump
    and your name is far better than most, so well done!
  • @ThePloopz said:
    My decision was made while I was takin a dump

    You should've made your name “BACKSPLASH!” then. Or perhaps “UnexpectedFloater”

  • Jack11803 said:

    @ThePloopz said:
    My decision was made while I was takin a dump

    You should've made your name “BACKSPLASH!” then. Or perhaps “UnexpectedFloater”

    i guess “CourtesyFlush” and “WTFisthatCORN?” were already taken.
  • You talkin ######### boi 😎
  • And then there's people like me who pick a name just so it sounds dirty when you actually do say it.
  • I let him live too. I often do that with people who have fun names lol.
  • Is my name acceptable, my liege?

  • Peanits said:
    And then there's people like me who pick a name just so it sounds dirty when you actually do say it.
    reported!

    Orion said:

    Is my name acceptable, my liege?

    yes sir
  • My name is my name. So... :p

  • Welp. brb changing steam name to [NUTS]X420Danglepeen666Killa69X.ttv thanks for the tips!
  • RuneStarr said:
    Welp. brb changing steam name to [NUTS]X420Danglepeen666Killa69X.ttv thanks for the tips!
    curse you!!!


  • @Lowbei said:
    I just wanna make a quick PSA for randos about how to name your character, or account, or whatever it is.

    What to do : 

    make a name. lets use Danglepeen for exampe, without adding a bunch of bullshit to it.

    What not to do : 

    for some reason unknown to me, have Xs at the front and end of your name like XDanglepeenX

    have a bunch of random numbers at the end of your name as if you are the 53798th person with that name like XDanglepeenX53798

    add the word “killa” to your name like XDanglepeenKillaX

    find a reason to wedge the most cliche numbers possible in there like X420Danglepeen666Killa69X

    have a clan tag for a game you played like 5 [BAD WORD] years ago, like [NUTS]X420Danglepeen666Killa69X

    I see all of this garbage on a daily basis. 

    Please

     just 

    stop

    this is your NAME for FFS! its what IM gonna have to call you when i refer to you in game, and i shouldnt have to do a deep dive into your [BAD WORD] name to figure out what to call you.

    come up with a name that isnt taken. if for some reason it IS already taken, dont just add a bunch of bullshit to it. be creative and make up a new name.

    THANK YOU

    No thank you.

  • i woulda been happy with plain ol 'Player1' but i hit 10 successful skillchecks and ended up with @deadwolfwalking....

  • I came up with my gamer name when I was about 12, I've actually been quite happy with it over the past decade+

  • @Orion said:
    Is my name acceptable, my liege?

    I don't know, you were kinda using the letter "o" all willy nilly, I mean a capital and a lower case o, man share the wealth, stop hogging the o's

  • @Outland said:

    @Orion said:
    Is my name acceptable, my liege?

    I don't know, you were kinda using the letter "o" all willy nilly, I mean a capital and a lower case o, man share the wealth, stop hogging the o's

    my guess - he was a contestant on Wheel Of Fortune. he bought a vowel and decided to get the most out of it....

  • Something you can do is to add your steam account name and password in there such as:
    xXxHelloMyAccNameIsAssAndMyPasswordIsAssierxXx
    Thanks for reading this 5h17p057

  • @Jack11803 said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @Jack11803 said:

    @SenzuDuck said:
    Or let people do whatever they want with their name.
    How pedantic.

    How date you use words above my grade school teachings! I’ll never share LEGO’s with you AGAIN!

    MEGA BLOKS are better.

    Ok no they’re not. If you honk so, you’re just an attention seeking POSER!

    Real men use Duplo.

  • No matter what, no one can say my name while raging at me and be taken seriously.

  • My name is my name. So... :p

    You're lucky you can actually use your name without having to answer the same questions over and over.
  • My name is my name. So... :p

    You're lucky you can actually use your name without having to answer the same questions over and over.
    yeah, maybe add some numbers and Xs to it to distract from the molester part.
  • Are roman numerals ok?

  • If you don’t believe my name to make me the undeclared king of toxic Survivor mains we finna have some b e e f

  • BillyIII said:

    Are roman numerals ok?

    not rly but its not the worst offense
  • Lowbei said:

    My name is my name. So... :p

    You're lucky you can actually use your name without having to answer the same questions over and over.
    yeah, maybe add some numbers and Xs to it to distract from the molester part.
    My real name is Renee though. And i had people trying to hit on me on Steam soon as i told them. But its fun to take the opportunity to make something up for the lulz till i disappoint the incels.

    Mixed blessings i guess.
  • Lowbei said:

    My name is my name. So... :p

    You're lucky you can actually use your name without having to answer the same questions over and over.
    yeah, maybe add some numbers and Xs to it to distract from the molester part.
    My real name is Renee though. And i had people trying to hit on me on Steam soon as i told them. But its fun to take the opportunity to make something up for the lulz till i disappoint the incels.

    Mixed blessings i guess.
    understandable
  • Lowbei said:

    My name is my name. So... :p

    You're lucky you can actually use your name without having to answer the same questions over and over.
    yeah, maybe add some numbers and Xs to it to distract from the molester part.
    My name isn't Chester, its Renee, had some weirdos and incels trying to hit on me after telling them. Its actually quite funny when that happens.

    Taking the good with the bad i guess.
  • Is my username any good or is it #########? I had a killer show me mercy and give me the hatch because he liked my name so that has to count for something XD

  • My story goes like this ": I should name myself a cool name.....
    3 seconds later***
    I'M AN INNOVATING GENIUS

  • I always used to call myself Scum Killer, after https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQnMCtF1u50, but in DBD, it took on a whole different meaning, so to avoid the heat, changed to where I am now...

  • Is my username any good or is it #########? I had a killer show me mercy and give me the hatch because he liked my name so that has to count for something XD

    seems fine to me sir