What perks do you think need a nerf?

I think we can all agree that we hear about the perks that need a buff all the time from the community, such as people constantly wanting a left behind buff.


However, I rarely hear about the perks that need a nerf, so I wanted to hear from the community on what perk you think needs a nerf.

It can be any perk as long as the reason isn’t that you dislike it and everyone else loves it.


Thanks in advance!

Comments

  • @JetTheWaffleCat said:

    Bamboozle, because there's no reason why a killer should be able to shut down mindgamable windows (Not talking about god windows obviously). It's a "crutch" for killers who can't run basic loops like T-L walls and jungle gyms.

    Balanced Landing, unless the devs decide to balance out maps quicker. BL creates problematic loops where it's nearly impossible to catch someone, mainly Haddonfun houses and Grim Pantry.

    I agree with Bamboozle once god windows are gone. On the other hand, I doubt anyone will use it anyways once those windows are finally improved.

    I also kind of agree with Balanced Landing, but nerfing it will only result in it becoming by far the worst exhaustion perk on any map that doesn't have loops that become incredibly strong with balanced landing.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685401#Comment_685401

    There is no counter for aura reading other than that piece of crap perk called Distortion. If the survivor is wasting time getting away from their gen to jump in a locker or come closer to the hook.... then you are getting tons of value from the perk and you don't even know it.

    Sure, keep telling yourself you're just using it for the BP. Tell that to the legions of Billy players who have BBQ permanently superglued to their perk slot. You get somuch value out of BBQ I bet if they removed the aura-reading side of it Survivors everywehre would jump for joy.

    Since you only use it for BP, surely you don't mind removing the aura reading right? We should go ahead with this nerf ASAP. I'll suggest it to BHVR right now. No debate is even required, since Killers all agree it's only used for BP.

    Uhm, this perk has been like this for so long, and barely anyone complains about it. I doubt the devs will ever nerf it, and I doubt your thread will change anything. Although I don't believe I've ever seen someone get so salty over this perk as you seem to be.

    I personally think it's fine the way it is, there are other killer perks that are just as good.

    Plus going into lockers, hiding behind gens or trying to be in the 40 meter radius of the hooked survivor are all counters to BBQ and Chili. And those really don't waste that much time.

  • Consider that Thanatophobia adds some 4 seconds to a gen.

    If you were countering BBQ, that's 4 seconds in the locker or near the killer plus whatever time it took you to run there. And that's on top of all the other perks you get from it.

    People don't complain about BBQ anymore because they just have accepted the fact that the only way to play this game is to loop and genrush.

    But BBQ almost single-handedly destroys stealth gameplay. If killers want survivors to do things other than loop and genrush, you need to make it possible to play differently. BBQ is the kind of perk that makes you just not want to bother countering it.

    Maybe 80% of games you will go against it, so you're damned if you try to coutner it, damned if you don't. If it weren't so ubiquitous it wouldn't be a big deal, but everyone is using it. It's the kind of annoyance where you expect everyone is using DS so you just slug people near the end of the game instead of picking them up.

    And people who are saying BBQ isn't a big deal with Billy, or that tons of people aren't complaining about BBQ and Billy, are fooling themselves. A lot people have been complaining through the years about BBQ Billy.

    It's sad that people don't realize how destructive this perk is to the game. A lot of people are not happy with the current state of looping and genrushing, but they don't realize that BBQ is one of the big enablers of the current meta.

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/681697#Comment_681697

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/681697#Comment_681697

    Possibly cause DH is trash, its only good when the killer has good ping which is impossible to get for console players and has other competition that's better than it.

    Sorry for the double quote

    I’m a console player and dh is good.

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/681697#Comment_681697

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/681697#Comment_681697

    Possibly cause DH is trash, its only good when the killer has good ping which is impossible to get for console players and has other competition that's better than it.

    Sorry for the double quote

    For console that's true, sadly.

  • DS needs some major balancing. At least if they start working on the objective, hiding in a locker, or healing themselves, it should not work (especially with inner strength). If you hook another person first, and then find them, they can still have DS, so it should deactivate then too.

    Main reasoning: It's supposed to be an anti tunneling perk. However, there are situations where you get to the hook and find them before their rescuer. It rewards bad play. If the situations that can be abused are removed, then I think the perk would be less frustrating to play against.

    DS is supposed to be an anti tunneling perk. In its current state it simply isn't.

  • None.

    I want to buff perks, there are so many perks that are just bad.

  • Never happen, everyone would freak the ######### out. Especially me.


    Insidious, Ds, prayer beads need fix

  • @8obot1c

    Predator: You want to make this a worse M&A? It needs no change. It's a beginner perk.

    Fixated: Agree. I didn't know it didn't work when injured.

    Wake up: Agree. Instead of Adrenaline waking you up, this perk should.

    Technician: No need. Skill checks are easy enough as is, but I think the gen repair sound should have a smaller radius. That's its' real strength.

    No Mither: That's why Iron Will exists. It already stops bloodflow and reduces pain noises by 50%.

    Windows: Maybe a shorter one, like 15 seconds. That seems fairer than the current cooldown.

    Mettle Of Man: Maybe you suffer from Deep Wounds when you receive a protection hit instead of dying. It'd have a defined role.

    Lightweight: No. Just no. A lot of killers require sound to operate.

    Calm Spirit: Only if it doesn't effects grunts of pain.

    Camaraderie: No. If anything it needs a nerf since 30 extra seconds on the hook is ridiculous. This perk is designed for last minute saves, not anti camping. There is already perks for that.

    WGLF: Makes sense. It needs a secondary effect like BBQ.

  • Insidious i just dont like it

  • @survmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/686118#Comment_686118

    ->DS is supposed to be an anti tunneling perk<-

    Well, B&C is an anti camping perk, so let's remove the BP gain.

    That is a different argument and you know it.

    By itself, BBQ's aura reading effect is very minor and very counterable. Many perks and balance changes have been purely to counter BBQ (Lockers and blindness, Disruption, etc.), and there are tricks to counter it (hiding behind gens). Nerfing it by taking away the main selling point of the perk would just make it useless. Most of the time, I don't even use BBQ for the auras, even if they're useful, just because if I see less then 3, then I know one person could be close or quite far away. 40 meters is also a lot farther than you'd think, making it much less useful on smaller maps.

    Why you'd offer that change is ridiculous. It does not have the same success rate for what it can do as DS, and many players who would use DS often know how to abuse it (Lockers, anyone?).

    One could argue that it does it's job by encouraging bloodpoint gain as much as possible. It encourages getting at least one hook for every survivor, as well as going away from the hook to take advantage of the information.

  • Not so much I think any need nerfs, but... perks in which I believe will be nerfed in the near future are:

    KILLERS: NOED, PGTW, Enduring/Spirit Fury. I think these will probably be nerfed somehow.

    SURVIVORS: Adrenaline, DS, Dead Hard, Unbreakable,

  • I'd "nerf" huntesses lullaby because it shouldn't go to 5 stacks.

    The 4 stack bonus to me is actually harder to deal with because of the audio.


    As for perks I'd actually nerf

    Adrenaline - you shouldn't get the heal if your hooked and if your picked up from the ground due to adrenaline I don't think you should get the speed boost

    Bamboozle - isn't really a nerf but I'd decrease the duration the window is blocked for and increase the vault speed increase

    Decisive strike : plain and simple decrease the timer by around 10 seconds and have it deactivate its timer when someone else gets hooked

  • Same, but DH seems to never trigger for me. Sometimes I activate it before the killer swings and then a huge lag spike happens then before you know it I'm downed. That happens more than it should.

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685693#Comment_685693

    Same, but DH seems to never trigger for me. Sometimes I activate it before the killer swings and then a huge lag spike happens then before you know it I'm downed. That happens more than it should.

    I use dh for distance, it is much better used to reach a pallet/window that you normally wouldn’t of reached.

  • None.

    We don't need nerfs. We need reworks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/686877#Comment_686877

    A perk which only activates once per match and is a reward for survivvors playing well, because killer failed to kill off survivors. OK bud.

    Has literal no downsides, if a survivor can cry about noed I can cry about Adrenawin

  • I read "insta heals should heal you over time, maybe 30s" i was like: OMEGALUL


    Nah im pretty fine with all perks. I mean there are some unfair things like Whispers, BS like Noed. Andrenaline is neat but barely it's killing a ton of map pressure and basicly the survivors deserves it. Once the maps got reworked game will be way more balanced and fair for both sides and perks like Noed and Adrenaline are more fun to play.

    The only issue I see are perks like Enduring in the future. Ohtofu made me aware of it. Once the most pallets are unsafe pallets enduring in its current state becomes way too strong combined with spirit fury it ruins the whole idea of the upcoming balance.

    But yea for now I think every perk is okay. Some are meh for one side but for the other side it's cool and fun and when I think on perks like noed or adrenaline Im like..yea..but you deserved it. Especially int eh future Im like: You had chances to prevent this stuff but you didnt so deal with it.

  • @Jago said:

    Lets start a fire.

    NOED

    some people just want to see the world burn...

  • @Boss said:

    Excluding unreleased Perks, MAYBE Adrenaline?

    Doesn't really bother me...on its own.

    When you're an M1 Killer and they have all kinds of second chance Perks and then see all 4 heal instantly, it makes it very discouraging to even continue.

    Other than that, nah, i'm actually pretty content.

    there is nothing worse than having a 4 man insta heal after getting genrushed with, lets say the wraith.

    at that point you might aswell just go in a corner and start crying.


    unless your NOED triggers, of course.

    NOED is not considered to be the adrenaline counter for nothing!

  • From perks nothing.

  • DS - make it turn off when you go into a locker or when the killer hooks someone else. I don't want to hear any of that "durrhurr don't tuhnell 4head" bias please

    Adrenaline - no longer ignores exhaustion, no longer gets saved if it doesn't activate when it's meant to

  • Rancor needs changed, not necessarily a nerf, but changed.

1 2 ›