Steam Giftcard Giveaway Contest: Wholesome Moments

Prologue
20190908_114818.jpg

The title says it all, I'm doing three $20 giveaways to anyone who willing to share their best funny/epic moments in the game! ๐Ÿ˜‰


What's a Wholesome Moment?

Anything you think is awesome, and is worth sharing to the community (just make sure you don't break any of the forum rules). The clip doesn't have to be you being nice, it could be an epic clutch escape or a sweet 360! I'm going to post some examples below so y'all can get the idea! ๐Ÿ™‚


4K With EGC ๐Ÿ˜Ž

You don't have to cover up names as long as your not bringing negative light to them. In this case, I'm just showing my 4K with the EGC โ€” nothing else.

NMCKE playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition. View more XboxOne clips at XboxClips.com


Poor Trapper

NMCKE playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition. View more XboxOne clips at XboxClips.com


Rules

There are some rules, but they are pretty simple and straightforward:

  • Clips must be a decent size to capture the moment (I.E. Not too long, but not too short).
  • You must be involved in the clip (I.E. You can't use clips you're not involved in)
  • You must have a Steam account in the chance you're selected to win (However, if you don't have a Steam account, but wanna participate โ€” just tell us in your submission that you don't have one so we know not to pick you).


Selecting Winners

The moderators will pick 2 different winners of their favorite funny/epic moment.

The community will pick 1 different winner by upvoting the best funny/epic moment. If there is a tie in the upvote count, the choice will be given to the moderators.


Participants

KrustyNuggets

shinymon

myers_obsession

Michael_Myers

LordGlint

BigWeeWee

HatCreature

Steve

Hoodedfengm1n

Mert_MK

Larisa

Boosted_Dwight

anarchy753

angelicus23

antgnstea

Alonzo

ksoni


Epilogue

Go crazy, let's see who will win! :)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Aww that's really nice of you.

    I have no clips of being nice.... so good luck guys!

  • I'm gonna post so I get notified of any good ones people put here. I wish I still had some sweeter clips but the few I actually happened to record got deleted ages ago and I have't really had anything wholesome happen in a while outside of the end game chat that I didn't personally initiate (and I'm sure those do't count)

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    I'm gonna post so I get notified of any good ones people put here. I wish I still had some sweeter clips but the few I actually happened to record got deleted ages ago and I have't really had anything wholesome happen in a while outside of the end game chat that I didn't personally initiate (and I'm sure those do't count)

    It can be anything, as long as it's wholesome. :)

  • @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    I'm gonna post so I get notified of any good ones people put here. I wish I still had some sweeter clips but the few I actually happened to record got deleted ages ago and I have't really had anything wholesome happen in a while outside of the end game chat that I didn't personally initiate (and I'm sure those do't count)

    You only get notified if someone quotes you or @ you.

    Better idea would be to favorite the page

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676276#Comment_676276

    You only get notified if someone quotes you or @ you.

    Better idea would be to favorite the page

    I went into the settings and changed it so that it's any time someone posts on somethig I commented on back before they fixed it so that quotes would ping you

  • When do we need to submit these buy?

  • I was like "Oh heck yeah" for a second there

    Then I remembered I'm on console and my PC is a potato

  • @TheBean said:

    When do we need to submit these buy?

    I'll let the moderators decide, @Gay Myers (Luzi) should be getting on soon.

  • Very poorly planned out

    • does not specify what to submit, other than "clip" but that is never defined. Is a gif a clip? Are multiple screenshots combined into a gif a clip? What if they are combined into a video?
    • the forum is not set up for contests. Reddit would be a MUCH better platform due to the possibility of creating threads in contest mode (this is most likely only possible for subreddit moderators and not for regular users). Someone who posts early has a much higher chance of being seen and thus winning the community vote
    • voting for anything lessens your chance of winning and is thus bad

    To improve:

    • clearly state how to enter the contest, what to submit, where to submit
    • do it on Reddit, either on the Dbd subreddit or create a new one specifically for the contest and make a thread in contest mode after collecting submissions or use Surveymonkey or another tool to display all submissions equally
    • anonymize the submissions to avoid playing favourites, collect them in some way but hide the identity of the submitter for the voting process
  • Does not specify what to submit, other than "clip" but that is never defined. Is a gif a clip? Are multiple screenshots combined into a gif a clip? What if they are combined into a video?

    You submit here, obviously and as I mentioned in the thread, it has to be a clip of a wholesome moment. The other questions are yes, if it shows the wholesome moment.


    The forum is not set up for contests. Reddit would be a MUCH better platform due to the possibility of creating threads in contest mode (this is most likely only possible for subreddit moderators and not for regular users). Someone who posts early has a much higher chance of being seen and thus winning the community vote

    I don't have a reddit account, and that's not exactly true because I seen many late posts get a lot of upvotes than early posts. Furthermore, the tutorial submission is going great, so I don't see why this wouldn't.


    Voting for anything lessens your chance of winning and is thus bad.

    Yes and no, if you try to not vote at all, everyone will have a 0 upvotes and thus, the moderators will have the decision.


    Hopefully, this clears everything up for you and many others! :)

  • Double Killer stun, DS and then locker stun.


    https://streamable.com/kjm5f

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/676510#Comment_676510

    Does not specify what to submit, other than "clip" but that is never defined. Is a gif a clip? Are multiple screenshots combined into a gif a clip? What if they are combined into a video?

    You submit here, obviously and as I mentioned in the thread, it has to be a clip of a wholesome moment. The other questions are yes, if it shows the wholesome moment.

    The forum is not set up for contests. Reddit would be a MUCH better platform due to the possibility of creating threads in contest mode (this is most likely only possible for subreddit moderators and not for regular users). Someone who posts early has a much higher chance of being seen and thus winning the community vote

    I don't have a reddit account, and that's not exactly true because I seen many late posts get a lot of upvotes than early posts. Furthermore, the tutorial submission is going great, so I don't see why this wouldn't.

    Voting for anything lessens your chance of winning and is thus bad.

    Yes and no, if you try to not vote at all, everyone will have a 0 upvotes and thus, the moderators will have the decision.

    The devs are in Canada where for contests (to my knowledge, I am not a lawyer nor familiar with Canadian law) there must be some sort of skill-testing. While this is not an official contest (as far as I can tell) it is posted on the official forums and forum moderators who are connected to the forums are involved so this may fall under the Canadian gambling laws

    Then why would Luzi get the idea of a contest if it's obviously a bad idea?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/926/15JZ2387X52I.jpg

    I'm pretty sure you're making things seem more complicated than it seems, I don't think this contest would cause any problems. :)

    Hopefully, this clears everything up for you and many others! :)

    You submit here, obviously and as I mentioned in the thread, it has to be a clip of a wholesome moment. The other questions are yes, if it shows the wholesome moment.

    Still haven't explained what counts as a clip. I listed specific examples of things where it is definitely not clear if they count or not.

    I don't have a reddit account, and that's not exactly true because I seen many late posts get a lot of upvotes than early posts. Furthermore, the tutorial submission is going great, so I don't see why this wouldn't.

    Making a Reddit account takes like 10 seconds. It is also just an example of a superior platform for this kind of thing, the forums are not designed to be used for contests. You also pretty much ignored the issue of having higher visibility the earlier you post and just claim that it will somehow work out. I never said it won't work, but you can't deny that you have higher visibility if you are on page 1 than on page 3 for example. Not everyone who casually reads the forums and votes is going to check every page. Some people might even just look at the first few posts and then leave the thread because it doesn't interest them.

    Again, this wouldn't even be an issue with a superior choice of platform.

    Yes and no, if you try to not vote at all, everyone will have a 0 upvotes and thus, the moderators will have the decision.

    Not everyone who votes participates.

  • Does this count as wholesome? XD

    Watch Jane GIF by Shinymon (@shinymon) on Gfycat. Discover more related GIFs on Gfycat


  • Fuuuge I had a great one of Legion legit having eyes on me, my heart sank and he walked straight passed me. But I didn't clip it. I knew I should have!!


    But I do have a Myers scaring the crap outta me


    Edit (Found it):


    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/435612321?filter=highlights&sort=time


    I had to clip this one, if you pause at the correct moment you can see Myers slip behind the fire barrel.

  • @Jesya said:

    Aww that's really nice of you.

    I have no clips of being nice.... so good luck guys!

    @Ark_the_Bonsai said:

    I'm gonna post so I get notified of any good ones people put here. I wish I still had some sweeter clips but the few I actually happened to record got deleted ages ago and I have't really had anything wholesome happen in a while outside of the end game chat that I didn't personally initiate (and I'm sure those do't count)

    I updated the thread, I'm pretty sure many people misunderstood what exactly is a wholesome moment!

    Everything should be made more clear to the community! :)

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    Fuuuge I had a great one of Legion legit having eyes on me, my heart sank and he walked straight passed me. But I didn't clip it. I knew I should have!!

    But I do have a Myers scaring the crap outta me

    Will edit when found

    That from you? If so, I can tell you were surprised! ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677000#Comment_677000

    That from you? If so, I can tell you were surprised! ๐Ÿ˜‚

    I was extra surprised because I knew I had a bad feeling and I switched to a different side of the gen due to it. And I guess my gut feeling was correct ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…


    Edit: autocorrect is my enemy...

  • @NMCKE said:

    Prologue

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/538/QKHSAT10D397.jpg

    The title says it all, I'm doing three $20 giveaways to anyone who willing to share their best funny/epic moments in the game! ๐Ÿ˜‰

    What's a Wholesome Moment?

    Anything you think is awesome, and is worth sharing to the community (just make sure you don't break any of the forum rules). The clip doesn't have to be you being nice, it could be an epic clutch escape or a sweet 360! I'm going to post some examples below so y'all can get the idea! ๐Ÿ™‚

    4K With EGC ๐Ÿ˜Ž

    You don't have to cover up names as long as your not bringing negative light to them. In this case, I'm just showing my 4K with the EGC โ€” nothing else.

    https://xboxclips.com/NMCKE/5591fb2c-f180-430c-8cd0-9d25038c0dc8

    Poor Trapper

    https://xboxclips.com/NMCKE/b9988cc3-4aab-4fa3-9300-65fd43bd3a8c

    Rules

    There are some rules, but they are pretty simple and straightforward:

    • Clips must be a decent size to capture the moment (I.E. Not too long, but not too short).
    • You cannot plagiarize someone's else wholesome moment (I.E. Don't steal clips that you don't own)
    • You must have a Steam account in the chance you're selected to win (However, if you don't have a Steam account, but wanna participate โ€” just tell us in your submission that you don't have one so we know not to pick you).
    Selecting Winners

    The moderators will pick 2 different winners of their favorite funny/epic moment.

    The community will pick 1 different winner by upvoting the best funny/epic moment. If there is a tie in the upvote count, the choice will be given to the moderators.

    Epilogue

    Go crazy, let's see who will win! :)

    Am I allowed to use a youtuber's clip of them playing AGAINST me?

  • If you can prove that you was playing against them, then yes because you could've recorded the moment as well. :)

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677031#Comment_677031

    I was extra surprised because I knew I had a bad feeling and I switched to a different side of the gen due to it. And I guess my gut feeling was correct ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…

    Edit: autocorrect is my enemy...

    Whenever I don't hear the terror radius for a while at the beginning of the Trial, I always get very scared.

    Will I get grabbed by Myers?

    Will I get jumped by the Pig?

    Is Wraith going to surprise me?

    Am I going to get exposed by Ghostface?


    It's literally intense because you just don't know. :)


    Also, just recently, I had my most closest game as survivor! Like no joke, I should've been so dead because the Myers found me during the EGC, but by some miracle he lost me! ๐Ÿ˜‚

    NMCKE playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition. View more XboxOne clips at XboxClips.com


  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677044#Comment_677044

    If you can prove that you was playing against them, then yes because you could've recorded the moment as well. :)

    I dont think I can, since killer player names dont show up til the endgame screen...

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677051#Comment_677051

    I dont think I can, since killer player names dont show up til the endgame screen...

    I hate to be the person who tells you this, but you cannot use the clip as there is no evidence of you being in the clip.

    However, I encourage you to keep trying! There's not a lot of people who submitted a clip yet, so you might win due to lack of submissions.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677056#Comment_677056

    I hate to be the person who tells you this, but you cannot use the clip as there is no evidence of you being in the clip.

    However, I encourage you to keep trying! There's not a lot of people who submitted a clip yet, so you might win due to lack of submissions.

    Its understandable. Zubatlel had a clip of me moriing his teammate while he still got the "safe unhook rescue". I typically dont screenshot or record my own stuff, with the exception of endgame scorecards every now and then.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677062#Comment_677062

    Its understandable. Zubatlel had a clip of me moriing his teammate while he still got the "safe unhook rescue". I typically dont screenshot or record my own stuff, with the exception of endgame scorecards every now and then.

    I recommend doing this for an easy wholesome moment, but it's pretty dirty! :)


    Basically, slap on BW, then proceed to act like a rank 20 (miss your attacks, get stunned on purpose, etc) until the Exit Gates are powered. This will get the survivor team to get very cocky, which will be very useful to keep them from leaving.


    Make sure you have someone in the dying state, and is not on sacrifice hook because you wanna hook them when 45% of the EGC has expired (You can pretend you're checking for flashlights, or just down the survivor right when the EGC is at 45%). Of course, since the survivor team is cocky, you can expect them to unhook that survivor immediately.


    That's it, GG for the survivors! Make sure you clip the 4K with the EGC! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677066#Comment_677066

    I recommend doing this for an easy wholesome moment, but it's pretty dirty! :)

    Basically, slap on BW, then proceed to act like a rank 20 (miss your attacks, get stunned on purpose, etc) until the Exit Gates are powered. This will get the survivor team to get very cocky, which will be very useful to keep them from leaving.

    Make sure you have someone in the dying state, and is not on sacrifice hook because you wanna hook them when 45% of the EGC has expired (You can pretend you're checking for flashlights, or just down the survivor right when the EGC is at 45%). Of course, since the survivor team is cocky, you can expect them to unhook that survivor immediately.

    That's it, GG for the survivors! Make sure you clip the 4K with the EGC! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

    Looking for a clip of me Memeing with a streamer and his group once it became painfully obvious they werent gonna win if I kept actually putting in effort. Was playing jumpscare Myers and after like 2 minutes, decided Id just act to scare the ######### out of them instead of actually killing them.

  • These aren't entries, just ones I wanted to share.

    Masantonio playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition. View more XboxOne clips at XboxClips.com
    Masantonio playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition. View more XboxOne clips at XboxClips.com


  • @NMCKE This work?

    https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousWonderfulLEDMVGame

    Had alot of fun with these guys and actually started playing with them quite abit after this game, which is rare since I very rarily do the whole SWF thing. If you need anymore proof that it was me, I can include the endgame screen that was recorded.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677039#Comment_677039

    Whenever I don't hear the terror radius for a while at the beginning of the Trial, I always get very scared.

    Will I get grabbed by Myers?

    Will I get jumped by the Pig?

    Is Wraith going to surprise me?

    Am I going to get exposed by Ghostface?

    It's literally intense because you just don't know. :)

    Also, just recently, I had my most closest game as survivor! Like no joke, I should've been so dead because the Myers found me during the EGC, but by some miracle he lost me! ๐Ÿ˜‚

    https://xboxclips.com/NMCKE/8ccab0da-dc39-45a1-afeb-6a796fee4f7c

    Yeah, lol but to counter wraith, pig or ghost face, you can use spine chill or premonition. With Myers ..

    Your only luck is his breath. ๐Ÿ˜…

  • @LordGlint said:

    @NMCKE This work?

    https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousWonderfulLEDMVGame

    Had alot of fun with these guys and actually started playing with them quite abit after this game, which is rare since I very rarily do the whole SWF thing. If you need anymore proof that it was me, I can include the endgame screen that was recorded.

    Don't worry, it says your the clip owner! :)


    Now, you just need to wait for @Gay Myers (Luzi) to get back to me about when the contest will end!

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677127#Comment_677127

    Don't worry, it says your the clip owner! :)

    Now, you just need to wait for @Gay Myers (Luzi) to get back to me about when the contest will end!

    I would say let's give it till Friday :)

  • Very kind as always ๐Ÿ˜

    Good luck to all those that enter.

  • Good luck guys!

  • OkamiSensei38 playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition. View more XboxOne clips at XboxClips.com

    funny game against a memeing leather boi

  • Do you have a steam account? :)

  • OkamiSensei38 playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition. View more XboxOne clips at XboxClips.com

    my account is โ€œ2poopy_unicorn1โ€ btw

  • Alrighty, I will take your word for it! :)

  • *NOT AN ENTRY*

    ~Content Locked~

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSk9dqKccFA

    So I was playing Survivor against the OG Freddy and had the BEST experience I could possibly get, no way I could replicate it and never been in this situation again. Dwight was being chased by Freddy and I tried my very best to wake him up.

  • @HatCreature said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSk9dqKccFA

    So I was playing Survivor against the OG Freddy and had the BEST experience I could possibly get, no way I could replicate it and never been in this situation again. Dwight was being chased by Freddy and I tried my very best to wake him up.

    Awesome, and I had that happen to me before! XD

  • This is one of my favourite clips from my twitch streams (Play on PS4, though I do have a steam account - shares the name I use here, however the Profile Pic for twitch and steam are the same)

    https://clips.twitch.tv/CleverDependableHippoBudBlast

    I have quite a few more but this is my personal favourite!

  • Hoodedfengm1n playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition

    Don't know if it counts as wholesome, but I barely clutched the MYC



    As surprising as it is, I do have a steam account

    Last time I checked it was "Altruism Kills"

  • Check out this video on Streamable using your phone, tablet or desktop.

    Still my favourite clutch escape, i accepted death after i heard the phasing sound but 360 carried me and i escaped from the trial too XD

  • @Mert_MK said:

    https://streamable.com/ip5v0

    Still my favourite clutch escape, i accepted death after i heard the phasing sound but 360 carried me and i escaped from the trial too XD

    Awesome, I'll add your name to the list! :)

  • @Raccoon said:

    *NOT AN ENTRY*

    ~Content Locked~

    >:(

  • I didn't have enough time, sorry! :(

โ€น 1 2