Demo gorgon is not op

I swear i have been seeing people say that the demogorgon is overpowered and i just don't understand it. (i realize some people who say this are being sarcastic) Seriously though a lot of survivors just want this game to be a bully simulator where they can just run the killer around forever and the killer can't do anything about it. As soon as a killer can actually do well in a chase it is automatically classed as "op". It also sucks because the devs listen to these people and actually follow through and nerf the killers. Before i hear the salty "entitled killer main" comments i just want to clarify that i play both sides and have lately been playing survivor even more than killer. If the devs decide to nerf this killer it will show that they do not understand their own game. (btw i haven't really looked into his addons just his base power which i dont think should be nerfed)

Comments

  • I said it as a joke

  • His portals? Useless, don't close them and he can't replace them, stay away from the ones you see and hide when he comes.


    His lunge? Lmao don't run't in a straight line and run corners.

  • The problem is that the devs rely too much on statistics and they also don't wait before making changes

    The first week or two it's obvious a killer will be strong and get 4ks easily, survivors aren't used to them yet

    Devs need to wait a couple of weeks before making changes

    Look at Ghostface, he used to be really strong, in a couple of weeks people got used to him and now he's basically a standard M1 killer with almost no power


    I would also add that the PTB, at least for this game, is not a good way to judge how to balance. The rank is not considered, and people don't stay in it long enough to gather info

  • Can down people 10/10 can say he's OP

  • It's almost like he's new or something and people haven't learnt him yet... but that can't be right. I know everything about everything as soon as it's released.

  • @Coodan said:

    I swear i have been seeing people say that the demogorgon is overpowered and i just don't understand it. (i realize some people who say this are being sarcastic) Seriously though a lot of survivors just want this game to be a bully simulator where they can just run the killer around forever and the killer can't do anything about it. As soon as a killer can actually do well in a chase it is automatically classed as "op". It also sucks because the devs listen to these people and actually follow through and nerf the killers. Before i hear the salty "entitled killer main" comments i just want to clarify that i play both sides and have lately been playing survivor even more than killer. If the devs decide to nerf this killer it will show that they do not understand their own game. (btw i haven't really looked into his addons just his base power which i dont think should be nerfed)

    "...As soon as a killer can actually do well in a chase it is automatically classed as op..."

    well, as you have tons of perks to find survs, survs can only loop to survive. If a surv can't do it, what do you want them to do? Pray?

    • Demogorgon's Lunge now applies deep wounds and can't down survivors.
    • His movement speed is now as slow as Huntress.
    • Once his portals are broken they can not be replaced"
    • Lunge has a 60 second cooldown
  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    • Demogorgon's Lunge now applies deep wounds and can't down survivors.
    • His movement speed is now as slow as Huntress.
    • Once his portals are broken they can not be replaced"
    • Lunge has a 60 second cooldown

    Thank you Dwight! You have given the devs good feedback on what to do to balance the Demogorgon.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    • Demogorgon's Lunge now applies deep wounds and can't down survivors.
    • His movement speed is now as slow as Huntress.
    • Once his portals are broken they can not be replaced"
    • Lunge has a 60 second cooldown

    Still op, Iโ€™d like to add onto this.


    Teleporting removes both portals permanently

    missing a lunge breaks your arms

    placing a portal lowers ms by 10%

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673432#Comment_673432

    Still op, Iโ€™d like to add onto this.

    Teleporting removes both portals permanently

    missing a lunge breaks your arms

    placing a portal lowers ms by 10%

    Also reduce the number of portals from 6 to 2 and add ons can make them a maximum of 3 however portal placement speed is tremendously decreased.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673438#Comment_673438

    Also reduce the number of portals from 6 to 2 and add ons can make them a maximum of 3 however portal placement speed is tremendously decreased.

    We're making strides towards perfect balance! I'd like to add that while traversing a portal you move at 1% movement.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673166#Comment_673166

    Ghostie boys detection was flawed on console though. I don't disagree with your other points.

    I am on PS4, I had no problem even before

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673450#Comment_673450

    Your ribbon's in the mail. It was very ping dependant and should've told BHVR it was not a dependable mechanic.

    On Xbox, never had any problem either.

  • @LCGaster said:

    The problem is that the devs rely too much on statistics and they also don't wait before making changes

    The first week or two it's obvious a killer will be strong and get 4ks easily, survivors aren't used to them yet

    Devs need to wait a couple of weeks before making changes

    Look at Ghostface, he used to be really strong, in a couple of weeks people got used to him and now he's basically a standard M1 killer with almost no power

    I would also add that the PTB, at least for this game, is not a good way to judge how to balance. The rank is not considered, and people don't stay in it long enough to gather info

    First, I haven't played as or against Demigorgon yet so I don't have an opinion on his strength level yet. But I do feel the need to point out how flawed your logic is. It would stand to reason that both survivors AND killers are new to demigorgon. Why would survivors have a higher death rate against a killer who's players aren't playing it optimally? The only way this logic would hold true is if survivors have a much higher skill cap than killers. IE it is much easier to learn to play as a new killer as opposed to against a new killer. Is that what you are saying?

  • Doubtful. Perhaps it simply wasn't as large a problem as people said. Perhaps, it was because GF had just released.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673166#Comment_673166

    First, I haven't played as or against Demigorgon yet so I don't have an opinion on his strength level yet. But I do feel the need to point out how flawed your logic is. It would stand to reason that both survivors AND killers are new to demigorgon. Why would survivors have a higher death rate against a killer who's players aren't playing it optimally? The only way this logic would hold true is if survivors have a much higher skill cap than killers. IE it is much easier to learn to play as a new killer as opposed to against a new killer. Is that what you are saying?

    I mean that survivors who aren't good will fail against the new killer even if the new killer isn't playing optimally

    Once survivors learn how to counter a power even those who aren't the greatest will be able to win against them, of course it depends on the nature of the power but Demo seems to fall into that category


    We know that the devs don't balance around he top players so they look at statistics from the lower ranks (most of the playerbase) and decide too quickly to nerf or buff something

    They should wait a couple of weeks, see if the survivors still struggle or if they are already winning often and then make changes

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673450#Comment_673450

    Your ribbon's in the mail. It was very ping dependant and should've told BHVR it was not a dependable mechanic.

    Ribbon what?

    Also I didn't know about the ping thing, I thought they just made the area bigger and that's it

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673488#Comment_673488

    Yeah, how quickly the host registers that a user has more than 20% of the killer in the detection area.

    Ah ok

  • @LCGaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673460#Comment_673460

    I mean that survivors who aren't good will fail against the new killer even if the new killer isn't playing optimally

    Once survivors learn how to counter a power even those who aren't the greatest will be able to win against them, of course it depends on the nature of the power but Demo seems to fall into that category

    We know that the devs don't balance around he top players so they look at statistics from the lower ranks (most of the playerbase) and decide too quickly to nerf or buff something

    They should wait a couple of weeks, see if the survivors still struggle or if they are already winning often and then make changes

    At which point in time the killer will have been purchased by 10's of thousands of players and any change made would cause a much bigger uproar and shouts of "bait and switch". Maybe, just maybe, let the devs do their job and make changes in the place changes are intended to be made... in the TEST server.

    I'm not even advocating that they do make changes. I haven't played as or against the new killer yet. The point I am making is that the PTB is intended to be a place for the devs to test content on a larger scale and make changes before it goes live. Demanding that devs don't make changes to stuff before it is a problem on live servers runs opposite to their goals does it not?

  • In my opinion Demogorgon can be a solid killer but not OP

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673481#Comment_673481

    At which point in time the killer will have been purchased by 10's of thousands of players and any change made would cause a much bigger uproar and shouts of "bait and switch". Maybe, just maybe, let the devs do their job and make changes in the place changes are intended to be made... in the TEST server.

    I'm not even advocating that they do make changes. I haven't played as or against the new killer yet. The point I am making is that the PTB is intended to be a place for the devs to test content on a larger scale and make changes before it goes live. Demanding that devs don't make changes to stuff before it is a problem on live servers runs opposite to their goals does it not?

    I stated the problems with the PTB before

    Ranks are turned off, good players are placed with good, bad, and all in between

    The game is in a similar state now tbh

    And people don't stay in it for more than a couple if days, so the statistics they get don't show enough information

    But that's not the devs fault

  • Demodoggo is broken under certain circumstances. That needs to be fixed. Its around B-Tier.

  • Demogorgon is neither broken nor OP, his lunge attack is easy to avoid and, I still didn't learn to teleport so I can't say much from the killer's side. As a survivor it may be hard to avoid the lunge unless you're looping. Only if it's a long loop, meaning a section where they need to run straight, so the lunge can work in those.

  • Demogorgon is garbage. See further details at the PTB thread. I bet doubleposting is somehow wrong.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    • Demogorgon's Lunge now applies deep wounds and can't down survivors.
    • His movement speed is now as slow as Huntress.
    • Once his portals are broken they can not be replaced"
    • Lunge has a 60 second cooldown

    (DELETED) I'm an illiterate trash-can, sorry BHVR. No, Demogorgons Lunge shouldn't apply deep wounds, would make it useless in most circumstances only to catch up, just no. His movement speed is fine or put it at 110.

    "Once it's portals are broken they cannot be replaced" No, this is ridiculous. I see your reasoning behind it, but the Demogorgon would appreciate being able to replace it's traps instead of not having them ever again.

    "Lunge has a 60s cooldown" Maybe, too soon to see if people will not be completely silly and run in a straight line.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673432#Comment_673432

    (DELETED) I'm an illiterate trash-can, sorry BHVR. No, Demogorgons Lunge shouldn't apply deep wounds, would make it useless in most circumstances only to catch up, just no. His movement speed is fine or put it at 110.

    "Once it's portals are broken they cannot be replaced" No, this is ridiculous. I see your reasoning behind it, but the Demogorgon would appreciate being able to replace it's traps instead of not having them ever again.

    "Lunge has a 60s cooldown" Maybe, too soon to see if people will not be completely silly and run in a straight line.

    I was joking ๐Ÿ˜…

    Everything I listed is fake :P

  • Yeah I noticed haha. Sowwy :(

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    Demodoggo is broken under certain circumstances. That needs to be fixed. Its around B-Tier.

    Which circumstances do you mean?