Enough!
Fix totem spawns devs, I am sick and tired of having totems near generators, totems can still spawn out in the open
I am starting to think you all said that you are working on totem spawns but the only partially decent spawns are on game and Springwood
God its so frustrating to deal with 12 seconds into the game and lose perks like Ruin and Devour because RNG put a totem LITERALLY next to a survivor spawn
Comments
Don't run hex totems problem solved stop whining
thats high risk/reward for ya, dont like the risk?dont ask for the reward
(also sorry for how mean this sounds but the point is made)
Its fine, but its been how many years since hag released?
2 years?
theyre reworking maps to be like new sprigwood tho so just wait till they do all of em (and tbh some spots are just low risk high reward if you ask me but oh well)
The game works on meters. You should probably use that metric to avoid confusion
They answered this before.
If you limit the places totems can spawn too much it will be easier to know where to search. If you do this there will be less places to spawn so that means less places to search. Totems are a double edge sword so if you don't want the risk go for something else
They aren't just working on map reworks because of totems. The main focus is to improve looping and make it more fair, having more mindgameable loops, and to get rid of the ridiculously safe window loops on certain maps. But while they are at it, they also plan on improving totem placements. Maybe also decreasing the size of the huge maps, which means Hex: Ruin will become easier to not take.
Springwoods new variations still have totems that spawn near gens. So, if the other maps get the same treatment then... expect more of the same.
Maybe it's just in my matches, but it seems like some spots om springwood are overkill. Not for me, I can still find them quite quickly since in use hex perks by myself and remembered nearly all spots. But for the average gamer... They are not gonna find it. I'M usually the only one who finds the totems on springwood. My teammates never find them. And I never hunt ruin, I just check the usual spots while running to the next gen and start repairing.
That's why I use Thanatophobia instead of Ruin now, it is more consistent in my opinion.
Also I don't use any other Hex when I equip NOED. I don't want to give the survivors an excuse to break totems, I want them to ignore those... hehehe.
Relying on a totem perk was your first mistake.
Your second mistake was assuming I wouldn’t run Small Game when 90% of games at R1 consist of Ruin
Ahaha! Jokes on you. You've fallen for my excellent mindgame of only running Thrill Of The Hunt as my sole Hex Perk.
Because of this you and your team will spend the whole game trying to deny my NOED or find Devour Hope when I don't even run it in the first place
Tell me..where's the risk to survivors better perks ?
well then survivors would know exactly where not to search if they were guaranteed to not spawn in those specific conditions. I think it doesnt matter if it spawns close to a survivor or a gen or a POI, it just has to be well hidden, which older maps lack.
They'll get there...eventually.
I went into a match on the Game map yesterday. Spawned in the bathroom, and there was the ruin totem right beside the most popular gen on the map.
Poor killer.
Agreed, it's outrageous. Some spawns are soo bad they should been hotfixed like it was a bug. I'd do it for free on every map, it couldn't be worse anyway. New Springwood is the only map that has reliable spots, but why do we have to deal with bot generated ridiculous BS on every other map than?
Not getting to use them at all in a large number of circumstances.
as a survivor main, i am constantly thrown into matches with people who don't break totems on the chance it may be haunted ground..
totally a silly thing to do, but it happens all the time..
with this many people that play in that manner, it doesn't really matter much where your totems are in a lot of games..
if myself or someone else who does break totems is in your game, your totem may not last long..
either way it's a chance you took by using a totem perk.. just like it's a chance i received just by loading into a game with people i don't know and didn't choose..
Like ? That sounds like bs to me
Like having decisive but getting morid/slugged.
Like having deliverance and not getting to save anyone/getting farmed off hook.
Like having borrowed time vs a wraith.
Like having unbreakable and being tunneled/insta picked up.
Like having adrenaline and being tunneled/killed first/your team does no work while you loop.
Like having well make it and either your random runs away or you dont get any safe unhooks.
Like MoM not working.
Like having WGLF and dying first.
Do I REALLY need to go on?
True, it would probably be nice to not have to wait for the reworks. I mean not every totem spawn should be really hidden, but they should at least get rid of the totem spawns that are very easy to find.
Mhm..so..an offering
The one perk that doesnt activate sometimes if your unlucky
Only works if wraith camps and that's what ds is for..or just flashlight him
Possibly a dead perk I suppose but not likely especially if your coordinated and a team mate baits the killer
And adrenaline as long as your alive is almost a garunteed activation thanks to the egc, and as long as you arnt dead nothing stops it from activating not even being hooked..in fact it makes it stronger which is effed up but I digress
Yeah...nothing comparable except deliverance and maybe unbreakable but that's just poor luck and not as likely to fail by any means
Except you asked for examples and I gave a handful. Not all.
Not to mention I didn't say anything about a survivor offering getting negated.
Also the fact that you didnt tag me THIS time tells me you didnt really want me to see your response.
My point is proven.
I just forgot to quote..if you feel I'm somehow intimidated your terribly I'll informed , and an offering being negated means the killer lost their offering as well so that's an even trade..completely irrelevant
It's part of the game.... you know, like camping
What?
To have totems stay lit for a milisecond?
Atleast camping can be prevented
well theres a slight risk about missing ds or ######### up dead hard, maybe someone else will save without bt so you dont get to use it adren has the same risk as noed: of playing with 1 perk less til endgame etc...
the risk is there, might not be much but with the exception of ds none of them can even compare to being as game changing as a hex perk like devour hope ending games early ruin making them last longer and apply fake pressure or even third seal which can really mess up a solo group real bad if not cleansed
A single insta heal at the proper time can be game changing..one ds..game changing..granted they arnt on the same level of effect but..that does not mean they should be more risk than reward...its not fair...
this thread is super funny..
if you have bad luck with your totem perk getting broken, use another perk if it bothers you so much.
i bring prove thyself 100% of the time in matches because i like 100% bonus BP for cooperative actions.
many games i play my teammates will avoid cooperative actions at all costs because that's how they know they're "good" :).
this means a large number of trials i play, that perk slot is wasted for the entire game.
i am aware i can change that perk out if i want to, but i like the perk so i keep it on.
should i be petitioning for the game to be changed so survivors have to feed me cooperative actions so the perk i chose to bring in with me isn't wasted so much?
maybe if i use ALL CAPS and a few of these!?!?!?!
lmao
were talking about perks not items, and btw instaheals are supposed to equal something smiilar to a huntress with 3 oneshot hatchets
and also you said it ds its not on the same level as a hex perk both game changing in a way but survivors stuff is a bit weaker and i dont see how theres more risk than reward in hexes, i mean, if you miss ds its gone forever just like a hex
Let's be real...how often will you miss a skill check that large? Be honest
i generally dont use it and missed one not too long ago lmao, that said it kinda depends on how nervous i am, like : do i know hell camp me?if yes, extra nervousness, will he tunnel my ass?if yes ,same happens, am i on death hook?, if yes, chances of missing increased,tbh the same happens with ruin and heartbeats to me but idk about others
Sure , but that is on a case by case basis, most of the time I and others dont really miss it , guess we are used to it
im more of a locker surv myself what can i say, i generally dont get found and barely need it, i also like my other perks like QQ,head on or WoO
That's up to you