I'm saying that the conditions required for the regression effect is extremely situational and will likely only happen to make a meaningful difference to gen repairs a handful of times every few matches whereas PGTW works on every hook you make and takes 25% of the total gen progression.
For this new rumoured perk to be any good it has to be at least 25% of total gen regression or PFTW is better hands down. However some of you don't understand.
That's a little crazy, 25% regression to nearby gens just for downing a survivor is ridiculous
I'm saying that the conditions required for the regression effect is extremely situational and will likely only happen to make a meaningful difference to gen repairs a handful of times every few matches whereas PGTW works on every hook you make and takes 25% of the total gen progression.
For this new rumoured perk to be any good it has to be at least 25% of total gen regression or PFTW is better hands down. However some of you don't understand.
It's exactly what i said. You complain about something you dont know. Even though Pop is as situational as the new perk. No hooks no Pop.
@MegsAreEvil The original MegHead herself. I bet you down Survivors 8+ times per match yet only manage to hook 1 with your logic used in your last point.
why don't we wait till it hits the ptb before throwing around whiny assumptions based on very limited information?
at the very least we could do with some civil discussion instead of acting like little children and insulting eachother over differing viewpoints.
a perk damaging multiple gens at once actually does have more potential than a perk that only damages one. depends on the percentage that it inflicts so we will have to wait and see...
personally I like the idea of being able to see my own scratchmarks... I've always been curious to see just how useful lightweight really is.
I saw a Nancy fan made perk exactly like the one gen obsessed perk mentioned here. I doubt that they would just lift it.
Plus Babysitter seems like a theme of all fan made Steve perks. I think it's fake news
This takes more than a week to do. To make sure everything's ok, they need at least a week or 2 before initial announcement. It would be too time consuming and too unrealistic that they added it soon after the fan-made concept was released, nearly being a week ago.
Don't know if these are true or not. They sound like something BVHR would come up with though. For the killer perks, the auto-gen kicking perk really depends on the details. For instance, if it only affects generators that don't have a survivor currently working on it then that really lowers the value. The range could be an issue too. Also, if it doesn't provide additional regression then it would be pretty weak. On the other hand, if the range is large and generators that are being worked on by survivors causes them to be off the generators for about 10-15 seconds then it could be quite nice.
The second killer perk actually sounds amazing. If it does exactly what is described then it could easily be a meta perk. I honestly think it sounds fair too. If survivors pop multiple gens at or near the same time then the perk loses a lot of value. Plus even if a survivor is currently being chased when all the vault locations are blocked, they still can stun the killer with pallets to buy time. Both of these options allow some counter-play by survivors.
The survivor perks are far less interesting. Someone in this thread already did a pretty good job explaining why Steve's perks are pretty terrible. Borrowed Time is better if the killer is close and bonus stealth when the killer is far away is pretty useless. Seeing the killer's aura after an unhook is already a perk. It's called Breakdown and it has a pretty strong secondary effect.
Nancy's perks sound more interesting. The devils always in the details though. I actually like the idea of giving a survivor a bonus for completing one specific generator. But whether this perk is garbage, good, or overpowered depends on what that bonus is. Her other perk (seeing own scratch marks) is at least interesting. It isn't good. But it is interesting. It takes near pro level play to get any benefit from it though.
I think this is real. Like a little taster for what else will come.
We'll know tomorrow anyway. I'm skeptical of how well a few of the perks are but you know the values must be reasonable to make a perk worth running.
I hope the perks bring something new and not recycling an already existing perk. On second look I'm optimistic they'll give it a go at making itself a little different and individual.
I saw a Nancy fan made perk exactly like the one gen obsessed perk mentioned here. I doubt that they would just lift it.
I kinda see it as listening to the community, don't you? Also, there already are a few things in the game that were fan ideas either suggested on here like the end game collapse and legion's wiggle perk. Albeit they were slightly different, but the concepts were mostly the same.
BS dude the 2 survivor perks are pretty freaking good.... the Nancy perk with sprintburst is gonna be fooking awesome... and the steve perk is also going to be dope....
The killer perks eh I need to see em on stream
@Bravo0413 instead of having to die on hook seeing my teamates urban evasion at the other side of the map to save sprint burst now im gonna get to see my teamates walk at the other side on the map to save their sprint burst terrible perk.
I saw a Nancy fan made perk exactly like the one gen obsessed perk mentioned here. I doubt that they would just lift it.
I kinda see it as listening to the community, don't you? Also, there already are a few things in the game that were fan ideas either suggested on here like the end game collapse and legion's wiggle perk. Albeit they were slightly different, but the concepts were mostly the same.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
That's a little crazy, 25% regression to nearby gens just for downing a survivor is ridiculous
Now 10% regression I can get behind
I agree, it would be too strong but I’d still like to know.😁
My point being that it will not be as strong as Pop goes the weasel because it won't have such a huge gen regression to it.
Exactly my point.
It's exactly what i said. You complain about something you dont know. Even though Pop is as situational as the new perk. No hooks no Pop.
Does this mean we will finally get bamboozle to work on pallets as well?
If you get no hooks you don't really deserve it to be fair.
Also PGTW requires a hook but this rumoured perk requires a down. There's literally no difference just hook them and you would get pop.
A hook can be prevented, the down is certain.
Enough to be noticable, but not enough to render running useless.
@MegsAreEvil The original MegHead herself. I bet you down Survivors 8+ times per match yet only manage to hook 1 with your logic used in your last point.
why don't we wait till it hits the ptb before throwing around whiny assumptions based on very limited information?
at the very least we could do with some civil discussion instead of acting like little children and insulting eachother over differing viewpoints.
a perk damaging multiple gens at once actually does have more potential than a perk that only damages one. depends on the percentage that it inflicts so we will have to wait and see...
personally I like the idea of being able to see my own scratchmarks... I've always been curious to see just how useful lightweight really is.
I'm just defending my point of PGTW brutal strength and bamboozle being decent perks that are hard to replace.
This takes more than a week to do. To make sure everything's ok, they need at least a week or 2 before initial announcement. It would be too time consuming and too unrealistic that they added it soon after the fan-made concept was released, nearly being a week ago.
Bro I’m pretty sure this is fake lool
Don't know if these are true or not. They sound like something BVHR would come up with though. For the killer perks, the auto-gen kicking perk really depends on the details. For instance, if it only affects generators that don't have a survivor currently working on it then that really lowers the value. The range could be an issue too. Also, if it doesn't provide additional regression then it would be pretty weak. On the other hand, if the range is large and generators that are being worked on by survivors causes them to be off the generators for about 10-15 seconds then it could be quite nice.
The second killer perk actually sounds amazing. If it does exactly what is described then it could easily be a meta perk. I honestly think it sounds fair too. If survivors pop multiple gens at or near the same time then the perk loses a lot of value. Plus even if a survivor is currently being chased when all the vault locations are blocked, they still can stun the killer with pallets to buy time. Both of these options allow some counter-play by survivors.
The survivor perks are far less interesting. Someone in this thread already did a pretty good job explaining why Steve's perks are pretty terrible. Borrowed Time is better if the killer is close and bonus stealth when the killer is far away is pretty useless. Seeing the killer's aura after an unhook is already a perk. It's called Breakdown and it has a pretty strong secondary effect.
Nancy's perks sound more interesting. The devils always in the details though. I actually like the idea of giving a survivor a bonus for completing one specific generator. But whether this perk is garbage, good, or overpowered depends on what that bonus is. Her other perk (seeing own scratch marks) is at least interesting. It isn't good. But it is interesting. It takes near pro level play to get any benefit from it though.
I think this is real. Like a little taster for what else will come.
We'll know tomorrow anyway. I'm skeptical of how well a few of the perks are but you know the values must be reasonable to make a perk worth running.
I hope the perks bring something new and not recycling an already existing perk. On second look I'm optimistic they'll give it a go at making itself a little different and individual.
I love that survivor scratch mark perk! I really hope that's real
@AshleyWB
I saw a Nancy fan made perk exactly like the one gen obsessed perk mentioned here. I doubt that they would just lift it.
I kinda see it as listening to the community, don't you? Also, there already are a few things in the game that were fan ideas either suggested on here like the end game collapse and legion's wiggle perk. Albeit they were slightly different, but the concepts were mostly the same.
@Bravo0413 instead of having to die on hook seeing my teamates urban evasion at the other side of the map to save sprint burst now im gonna get to see my teamates walk at the other side on the map to save their sprint burst terrible perk.
Downing, not hitting survivors regresses gens.
Source?
You're scaring me.
It's just an educated guess, I don't think the developers will make a perk that renders running useless. :)
It's just hard to have the same amount of faith after Mettle of Man, y'know?
*shivers in Wraith*