Does anyone else think that Leatherface is kind of weak?

i get that strategy is an option, but he's kind of difficult to maneuver when a hook is being swarmed or he's against a bunch of survivors that are a bit too over altruistic, as well as him being terrible at applying map pressure.

he's basically a walking m1 killer with a insta-down chainsaw. the only thing that really helps him with map pressure are extra perks, but even that doesn't really help against a good survivor team.

i'm not claiming that he needs a buff, however, i think he's fine.

but he definitely seems to struggle a lot more nowadays.

Comments

  • @Skittlesthehusky said:

    i get that strategy is an option, but he's kind of difficult to maneuver when a hook is being swarmed or he's against a bunch of survivors that are a bit too over altruistic, as well as him being terrible at applying map pressure.

    he's basically a walking m1 killer with a insta-down chainsaw. the only thing that really helps him with map pressure are extra perks, but even that doesn't really help against a good survivor team.

    i'm not claiming that he needs a buff, however, i think he's fine.

    but he definitely seems to struggle a lot more nowadays.

    The main problem is that he lacks a clear gameplay identity

    The only thing he can do that you can't also do with Hillbilly is AoE which is pretty much irrelevant

  • Without add ons he is weak but with add ons he can be good.

  • I usually manage to get 4ks with him but I do see that he has some big weaknesses

    I believe I manage to get 4ks just because people aren't used to go against him on PS4

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/81888/does-anyone-else-think-that-leatherface-is-kind-of-weak

    The main problem is that he lacks a clear gameplay identity

    The only thing he can do that you can't also do with Hillbilly is AoE which is pretty much irrelevant

    @GrootDude said:

    Without add ons he is weak but with add ons he can be good.

    i agree with the both of you.


    though about the addons statement; using addons can improve his gameplay, yes, but it still exactly doesn't help with map pressure. most of his addons assist with chase only. he needs something that can help him out just a little bit, as almost all the killers have a super great form of map pressure aside from him. myers has a bit of the same issue, but his is not as elevated due to his ability to gain speed as his evil within tiers up.

  • Leatherface is one of the weakest Killers. Not the weakest, I would say Trapper is even worse, because Leatherface does at least not have to travel the Map to actually have a Power.

    However, apart from his camping potential, he does not have anything special. The Instadown is okish, but there is no reason to pick Leatherface, when you want an insta-Down, because Billy is far superior. In fact, the reason why Leatherface is classified that weak, is simply, because Billy exists. Without Billy, Leatherface might look better, because there is no comparison.

    Leatherface could get some Buffs. If the Slowdown would not be so massive while charging the Chainsaw and if the Mechanic would be the same as for Billy, that would be great. So that you can decide when to use the Chainsaw and not simply load it to 100% and then let go.

    Last but not least, his Add-Ons need tweaking. They are either not really useful (Chili Add-Ons) or Copy&Paste. Some more Unique Things would be nice.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Leatherface is one of the weakest Killers. Not the weakest, I would say Trapper is even worse, because Leatherface does at least not have to travel the Map to actually have a Power.

    However, apart from his camping potential, he does not have anything special. The Instadown is okish, but there is no reason to pick Leatherface, when you want an insta-Down, because Billy is far superior. In fact, the reason why Leatherface is classified that weak, is simply, because Billy exists. Without Billy, Leatherface might look better, because there is no comparison.

    Leatherface could get some Buffs. If the Slowdown would not be so massive while charging the Chainsaw and if the Mechanic would be the same as for Billy, that would be great. So that you can decide when to use the Chainsaw and not simply load it to 100% and then let go.

    Last but not least, his Add-Ons need tweaking. They are either not really useful (Chili Add-Ons) or Copy&Paste. Some more Unique Things would be nice.

    Saying that all LF has is camping proves you haven’t learned him. You can actually use his power at loops with chainsaw speed add ons (seriously people, stop putting insta-saw on your bubba).

  • Most people don't understand how to play Leatherface efficiently and thus often end up thinking he's weak. He's one of the strongest if not even the strongest mid tier killer in the game but a strong perk build is required for consistent results.

  • LF was clearly a Scout Leader in his troop. He misses camping so much, he likes to invite survivors to his hook camps.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Most people don't understand how to play Leatherface efficiently and thus often end up thinking he's weak. He's one of the strongest if not even the strongest mid tier killer in the game but a strong perk build is required for consistent results.

    which kind of coincides with my statement. he's most likely going to need something to help players understand him a bit more, since it seems like the majority of the playerbase don't know how to use him properly. and if he's dependent on a strong perk build for consistent results, that means he's lacking somewhere, as killers shouldn't entirely depend on a build just to be able to win. :0

  • Leatherface is for me one of the worst Killers. Why? Because he is just way weaker version of Billy.

    He is just boring and not unique enough for me to play as.

  • @Skittlesthehusky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636623#Comment_636623

    which kind of coincides with my statement. he's most likely going to need something to help players understand him a bit more, since it seems like the majority of the playerbase don't know how to use him properly. and if he's dependent on a strong perk build for consistent results, that means he's lacking somewhere, as killers shouldn't entirely depend on a build just to be able to win. :0

    All killers need perks to consistently have normal games against decent survivors... Well... Except for very good Nurses and Spirits.

    Perks are supposed to make up for a killer's weakness. That's why perks are permanent... Except for hex perks that is.

    Now what does Nurse AND Spirit have in common? People call them op BECAUSE their basekits are so strong that they feel completely broken with a strong build.

    Therefore you can't say a killer is weak unless you can't even get said killer to perform well regardless of experience AND builds. Just my opinion.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636600#Comment_636600

    Saying that all LF has is camping proves you haven’t learned him. You can actually use his power at loops with chainsaw speed add ons (seriously people, stop putting insta-saw on your bubba).

    Reading Skills are amazing.

    I did not say that he has nothing besides camping, I said he has nothing SPECIAL besides camping. He is not exceptionally good in any way. He is even not really unique.

    I played a lot of Leatherface and have all Perks on him. He was the first Killer I brought to P3-50. But there are so many Killers you can pick over him for better results.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636619#Comment_636619

    Reading Skills are amazing.

    I did not say that he has nothing besides camping, I said he has nothing SPECIAL besides camping. He is not exceptionally good in any way. He is even not really unique.

    I played a lot of Leatherface and have all Perks on him. He was the first Killer I brought to P3-50. But I there are so many Killers you can pick over him for better results.

    Forgive me, I read at a kindergarten level.

    Anti-loop isn’t that common in low tier killers so it is a bit special, I personally pick him over the top tier killers because I don’t really wanna win most of my games.

  • He's easily the weakest killer in the game. At least Legion has a set playstyle and a guaranteed first hit. Bubba shines bright in this niche situation, but that situation happens less than you see rabbits eating foxes.

  • @Awakey said:

    He's easily the weakest killer in the game. At least Legion has a set playstyle and a guaranteed first hit. Bubba shines bright in this niche situation, but that situation happens less than you see rabbits eating foxes.

    With speed add ons you can use him at loops pretty often and he’s easier to use than billy.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636644#Comment_636644

    All killers need perks to consistently have normal games against decent survivors... Well... Except for very good Nurses and Spirits.

    Perks are supposed to make up for a killer's weakness. That's why perks are permanent... Except for hex perks that is.

    Now what does Nurse AND Spirit have in common? People call them op BECAUSE their basekits are so strong that they feel completely broken with a strong build.

    Therefore you can't say a killer is weak unless you can't even get said killer to perform well regardless of experience AND builds. Just my opinion.

    i mean then again, it also depends on the skill level of the player using only the basekit of killers with no perks. it doesn't have to be nurse or spirit level for a player to succeed either. keep that in mind!

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636697#Comment_636697

    With speed add ons you can use him at loops pretty often and he’s easier to use than billy.

    Dude, we went over this like a week ago. Not going over this again.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636692#Comment_636692

    Forgive me, I read at a kindergarten level.

    Anti-loop isn’t that common in low tier killers so it is a bit special, I personally pick him over the top tier killers because I don’t really wanna win most of my games.

    Yeah, I also dont care that much about winning either and I actually have fun playing Leatherface. But sometimes it can get frustrating.

    A few tweaks to buff him a little bit would be enough, I just dont want to have in mind that I am playing a worse Hillbilly, but more like a really unique Killer.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636696#Comment_636696

    Yeah, I also dont care that much about winning either and I actually have fun playing Leatherface. But sometimes it can get frustrating.

    A few tweaks to buff him a little bit would be enough, I just dont want to have in mind that I am playing a worse Hillbilly, but more like a really unique Killer.

    Tweaks definitely wouldn’t hurt him, it does sometimes get frustrating but when I get frustrated I just switch sides or play another game.

  • Leather face is really weak imo. OP might not think he needs a buff, but I do.