Stranger Things or Riot

Please PLEASE BRO Stranger Things would be very epic plEASE I need that good Stranger Things in my favorite game dead by sunrise plEAse :(

Comments

  • Yeah I want Stranger Things

  • I swear to god this comes to dbd, I will, with all of my power, find a way into a dev chat and play the Pack-a-Punch song for an hour

  • I don't really see stranger things as the next chapter but I will admit the upside down would be an awesome map

  • I would love a stranger things chapter too!!

  • The most recent paulie esther ch 13 video had a lot of convincing evidence.

    Like some devs suddenly following some Stranger Things actors at the same time on twitter.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I think I'm in a minority here but I'll be very disappointed if the newest chapter is Stranger Things. The original Chapters are always better because the developers are more free to expand them with original lore, cosmetics, etc.

    I understand that having licensed characters in a game brings a lot more fans but we already have quite a lot of licensed characters in-game and I'd prefer to have more original ones.

    Additionally, I don't see how Stranger Things would ever work in Dead by Daylight. The idea of The Entity's realm being the Upside-Down would completely ruin the game for me because I like DbD's unique lore. Also I don't see how the killer would work because the Mindflayer and all that are supposed to be very powerful so why would they allow The Entity to control them.

    If it is Stranger Things then I guess I'm glad for everyone who wanted it but I, personally, might take a break until the hype of it dies down.

    On your point about why would the mind flayer allow the entity to control it,

    Why did Freddy allow the Entity to control him?

    When the Entity wants you, you don't have a choice. It's an "Elder God"-esque being that exists within it's own dimensions of time and space. It has more control over everything than Freddy or the Mind Flayer could ever have.

  • @Hoodied said:

    I swear to god this comes to dbd, I will, with all of my power, find a way into a dev chat and play the Pack-a-Punch song for an hour

    Hey, I saw you a while ago on Xbox and added you btw. Same name on Xbox as on the forums. "The Anti Jelly".

  • @AntiJelly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632258#Comment_632258

    Hey, I saw you a while ago on Xbox and added you btw. Same name on Xbox as on the forums. "The Anti Jelly".

    I'll check it out when the xbox website is not controlled by isis

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632278#Comment_632278

    I see your point on this but Freddy is not a God-like being. He can control dreams but aside from that he is mortal in the real world. In Freddy's lore it implies The Entity was able to take him because death didn't want him. His abilities make him a 'dream demon' but he doesn't have the power to resist a being as strong as The Entity.

    As for Stranger Things, it's not something I watch consistently but I got the impression that the Mindflayer, Demigorgon etc. were God-like beings. If I'm wrong then please correct me.

    I think that Stranger Things and Dead by Daylight both have very unique, rich and interesting lores. I'd just rather keep them separate. Trying to merge them would ruin the feel of the game for me, there would just be too many unanswered questions/plot-holes.

    The mind flayer is indeed a god like being but the demogorgon, no, it's just a highly intelligent animal with telekinesis and immense physical strength and durability. It's also highly speculated but never confirmed, that the mind flayer was controlling the demogorgon to do it's work. You should honestly look at a post by @SadBacon made, it's probably the most convincing description on how the DG could work both lore and gameplay wise.

  • @Hoodied said:

    I swear to god this comes to dbd, I will, with all of my power, find a way into a dev chat and play the Pack-a-Punch song for an hour

    Lol

    *Reminisces about ShI no numa and Der Riese*

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632278#Comment_632278

    I see your point on this but Freddy is not a God-like being. He can control dreams but aside from that he is mortal in the real world. In Freddy's lore it implies The Entity was able to take him because death didn't want him. His abilities make him a 'dream demon' but he doesn't have the power to resist a being as strong as The Entity.

    As for Stranger Things, it's not something I watch consistently but I got the impression that the Mindflayer, Demigorgon etc. were God-like beings. If I'm wrong then please correct me.

    I think that Stranger Things and Dead by Daylight both have very unique, rich and interesting lores. I'd just rather keep them separate. Trying to merge them would ruin the feel of the game for me, there would just be too many unanswered questions/plot-holes.

    The Demogrogon isn't a god. It's a species of animal with an intelligence somewhere between that of a dog and a human.

  • Technically speaking, the Freddy we have only follows the canon of the (awful) remake, and thus doesn't have the equally laughable trifecta of dream demons inside him.

  • @Blackhouse said:

    Technically speaking, the Freddy we have only follows the canon of the (awful) remake, and thus doesn't have the equally laughable trifecta of dream demons inside him.

    Instead he was blessed with the power of being the worlds creepiest kid diddler. Great...

  • Let's thank the Entity that's not his in-game ability. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Blackhouse said:

    Let's thank the Entity that's not his in-game ability. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    God, I can see the news headlines now...

    "GAMES CAUSE VIOLENCE AND DIDDLING? Find out why!"

  • I have wanted a killer that's a proper actual monster ever since I got the game and this Demogorgon does fit that


    But I have next to no interest in Stranger Things. So it would have to look really, really, cool in-game and have awesome perks

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/632278#Comment_632278

    I see your point on this but Freddy is not a God-like being. He can control dreams but aside from that he is mortal in the real world. In Freddy's lore it implies The Entity was able to take him because death didn't want him. His abilities make him a 'dream demon' but he doesn't have the power to resist a being as strong as The Entity.

    As for Stranger Things, it's not something I watch consistently but I got the impression that the Mindflayer, Demigorgon etc. were God-like beings. If I'm wrong then please correct me.

    I think that Stranger Things and Dead by Daylight both have very unique, rich and interesting lores. I'd just rather keep them separate. Trying to merge them would ruin the feel of the game for me, there would just be too many unanswered questions/plot-holes.

    Mind Flayer is more or less a god-like being. Demogorgon is an intelligent beast. That said, its namesake is the D&D Twin Princes of Hell, a demon lord.

  • @BlueFang said:

    I have wanted a killer that's a proper actual monster ever since I got the game and this Demogorgon does fit that

    But I have next to no interest in Stranger Things. So it would have to look really, really, cool in-game and have awesome perks

    ^This guy, couldn't agree more, well, on the monster part and not so much the no interest in Stranger Things part, it's a great show imo.