Any chance we can have thanantaphobia revisited?

They were going to buff it but then went and nerfed it effectively instead..and I see so many people myself included hoping and praying for it to be buffed..even an extra 1-2 percent a stack would make it a nice perk and one that cant be used in scummy playstyles like hardcore tunneling and camping as your obviously not spreading injuries..I love the idea of perks like that rewarding good play..so why havent we revisited it??

Comments

  • It was nerfed? What was it like before the nerf?

  • @Rivyn said:

    It was nerfed? What was it like before the nerf?

    Before it was 6/9/12/15 and now its 4/8/12/16. So as you can see its nerfed when 2 survs are injured, the same when 3, and buffed when 4 are injured.

  • @Ksoni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625386#Comment_625386

    Before it was 6/9/12/15 and now its 4/8/12/16. So as you can see its nerfed when 2 survs are injured, the same when 3, and buffed when 4 are injured.

    All that means its weaker for most other killers..I just want to see an overall improvement to the perk because it deserves to be better considering the effort required

  • @Rivyn said:

    It was nerfed? What was it like before the nerf?

    The other guy explained it for me

  • I agree, thana should definitely revisited and buffed as only two killers (being plague and legion) can actually use it to its fullest degree.

  • @Ksoni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625386#Comment_625386

    Before it was 6/9/12/15 and now its 4/8/12/16. So as you can see its nerfed when 2 survs are injured, the same when 3, and buffed when 4 are injured.

    Why are the devs always nerfing killers for no reason? Perks like Thana are already weak, why nerf it further?

  • @LA2KMATT said:

    I agree, thana should definitely revisited and buffed as only two killers (being plague and legion) can actually use it to its fullest degree.

    Well I'd argue huntress, nurse, and hag can too but not as well , I just think itd be nice to use it on more killers and actually have a perk rewarding good pressure play

  • @Perelie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625394#Comment_625394

    Why are the devs always nerfing killers for no reason? Perks like Thana are already weak, why nerf it further?

    My theory is because at the time legion was a big community issue..but now that hes been reworked some I feel there is no excuse anymore

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625425#Comment_625425

    Well I'd argue huntress, nurse, and hag can too but not as well , I just think itd be nice to use it on more killers and actually have a perk rewarding good pressure play

    Theoretically any killer can get max stacks, but plague and legion can consistently keep them. Thana is kinda useless at the moment because it doesn’t effectively punish staying injured aside from turning the progress bar red.

  • @LA2KMATT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625429#Comment_625429

    Theoretically any killer can get max stacks, but plague and legion can consistently keep them. Thana is kinda useless at the moment because it doesn’t effectively punish staying injured aside from turning the progress bar red.

    Yes well I just meant on a semi regular basis lol

  • But does it do anything, that is the question lol

  • @LA2KMATT said:

    But does it do anything, that is the question lol

    Well hopefully the devs will make that answer yes sooner or later

  • I would love for it to be 5/10/15/20

  • They probably don't want healing times to be too long because it'd stack with sloppy butcher, an easy fix to quell that would be dont let thana effect healing times and just make everything else slower so they will have to heal to get the normal speeds back.

    Of course they'd have to buff thana numbers to make that worth the change.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625441#Comment_625441

    Well hopefully the devs will make that answer yes sooner or later

    Hopefully, but honestly these forum pleas fall on deaf ears, or better yet, a dev actually responds but with a question and fails to come back to the discussion. With rose tinted glasses I hope they buff it, but the devs probably have infinite tokens of devour hope on us lol

  • @TKTK said:

    They probably don't want healing times to be too long because it'd stack with sloppy butcher, an easy fix to quell that would be dont let thana effect healing times and just make everything else slower so they will have to heal to get the normal speeds back.

    Of course they'd have to buff thana numbers to make that worth the change.

    That's really no excuse since survivors can speed up healing by massive amounts..so I respectfully say that's an idiotic reason..

  • @LA2KMATT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625443#Comment_625443

    Hopefully, but honestly these forum pleas fall on deaf ears, or better yet, a dev actually responds but with a question and fails to come back to the discussion. With rose tinted glasses I hope they buff it, but the devs probably have infinite tokens of devour hope on us lol

    Lol sad but true

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    I would love for it to be 5/10/15/20

    I'd personally shoot for 6/12/18/24..but I'd take any improvements rn -_-

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625451#Comment_625451

    That's really no excuse since survivors can speed up healing by massive amounts..so I respectfully say that's an idiotic reason..

    I think it should slow healing personally but devs may think that, they nerfed mangled when sloppy butcher got mangled.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625457#Comment_625457

    I think it should slow healing personally but devs may think that, they nerfed mangled when sloppy butcher got mangled.

    True but botany knowledge alone would more than negate the healing debuff..the perk is very strong and then theres we'll make it, med kits and addons to speed it up even more etc

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625446#Comment_625446

    I'd personally shoot for 6/12/18/24..but I'd take any improvements rn -_-

    With it effecting healing that might be too much.

    If it didn't effect healing then totally.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625461#Comment_625461

    With it effecting healing that might be too much.

    If it didn't effect healing then totally.

    Botany alone increases heal speed by 33 percent with no cost or setup...

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625464#Comment_625464

    True but botany knowledge alone would more than negate the healing debuff..the perk is very strong and then theres we'll make it, med kits and addons to speed it up even more etc

    I'm not disagreeing or saying there aren't plenty of counters to heal debuff but devs have shown they make weird as hell decisions about this type of stuff and thana not being as good as it should be just shows that

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625446#Comment_625446

    I'd personally shoot for 6/12/18/24..but I'd take any improvements rn -_-

    I think in a ptb it was buffed to that then after the ptb went live they made it what it is now

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625461#Comment_625461

    I think in a ptb it was buffed to that then after the ptb went live they made it what it is now

    I cant remember , either way they should have done it..but..legion was a mess at the time so they had an excuse..now they have none

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625477#Comment_625477

    I'm not disagreeing or saying there aren't plenty of counters to heal debuff but devs have shown they make weird as hell decisions about this type of stuff and thana not being as good as it should be just shows that

    True but that doesnt mean they shouldnt go for it when it's been so long requested

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625494#Comment_625494

    I cant remember , either way they should have done it..but..legion was a mess at the time so they had an excuse..now they have none

    I agree entirely, they should have buffed it back to ptb state after they changed legion

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625495#Comment_625495

    I agree entirely, they should have buffed it back to ptb state after they changed legion

    Indeed, so I'm hoping they try again in this next ptb..its the number 1 killer perk I'd like tweaked

  • It should ideally be reworked. Making it stronger just makes survivors hold M1 longer and that's already the worst part of survivor gameplay design.

  • @gantes said:

    It should ideally be reworked. Making it stronger just makes survivors hold M1 longer and that's already the worst part of survivor gameplay design.

    I think the perk idea is brilliant because only effective players get usage out of it..plus it gets weaker the less survivors there are..survivor convenience should NOT be a killer perks standard..if they dont like the heal debuff they can use botany , it's a strong perk on a free survivor

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625508#Comment_625508

    I think the perk idea is brilliant because only effective players get usage out of it..plus it gets weaker the less survivors there are..survivor convenience should NOT be a killer perks standard..if they dont like the heal debuff they can use botany , it's a strong perk on a free survivor

    There are other ways of rewarding efficient killer play other than literally making people hold M1 for longer

    And it's not "survivor convenience", it's basic game design to not force people to do stuff they hate doing in game. Most survivor players, especially the ones who've been around for longer and are good at the game, enjoy chases and that's it. No one who's good at the game and has many hours enjoys doing gens.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625510#Comment_625510

    There are other ways of rewarding efficient killer play other than literally making people hold M1 for longer

    And it's not "survivor convenience", it's basic game design to not force people to do stuff they hate doing in game. Most survivor players, especially the ones who've been around for longer and are good at the game, enjoy chases and that's it. No one who's good at the game and has many hours enjoys doing gens.

    The issue there is that it's the only way to give killers more time..plus if your team let's themselves all get injured they kinda deserve to have to deal with it..after all..killers hate being stunned but the devs removed the only anti stun killers have so...I have 0 pity..especially when counters exist

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625515#Comment_625515

    The issue there is that it's the only way to give killers more time..plus if your team let's themselves all get injured they kinda deserve to have to deal with it..after all..killers hate being stunned but the devs removed the only anti stun killers have so...I have 0 pity..especially when counters exist

    No, it's not the only way, and even if it were, it'd be fixing bad design with more bad design which is, well, bad.

    I'd rather they reworked it into something that slows the game down differently or start working on more perks/systems to make games longer.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625521#Comment_625521

    No, it's not the only way, and even if it were, it'd be fixing bad design with more bad design which is, well, bad.

    I'd rather they reworked it into something that slows the game down differently or start working on more perks/systems to make games longer.

    How else is there to slow the game? Theres faster chases and slower actions..that's literally it

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625478#Comment_625478

    Botany alone increases heal speed by 33 percent with no cost or setup...

    Botany doesn't increase repair speed while fully healed.

    Thanataphobia's counterplay is healing. If it slows that down too much then it becomes OP due to always slowing the game too much in combination with certain other effects such as Legion.

    Healing with thanataphobia would take over 20 seconds with another survivor or a medkit. Combine that with sloppy and it takes even longer.

    I know that doesn't really sound like too much, but compare that too the no heal meta and it's clear that having both long heals and big punishments for not healing at the same time with just 1 perk is too much.

    2 perks for it is a different story of course.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625480#Comment_625480

    Botany doesn't increase repair speed while fully healed.

    Thanataphobia's counterplay is healing. If it slows that down too much then it becomes OP due to always slowing the game too much in combination with certain other effects such as Legion.

    Healing with thanataphobia would take over 20 seconds with another survivor or a medkit. Combine that with sloppy and it takes even longer.

    I know that doesn't really sound like too much, but compare that too the no heal meta and it's clear that having both long heals and big punishments for not healing at the same time with just 1 perk is too much.

    2 perks for it is a different story of course.

    It would not take that long and this is implying all 4 are injured, which as I said you deserve to feel the burn if you let that happen..I fail to see how this is even relevant as survivors have numerous ways to speed up healing through perks, items, addons, and through team mate assistance..plus..if killers no longer get to counter stuns why should I care if survivors need to be more careful? The perk wouldnt be OP that's rediculous considering the number of counter perks it has to it..I'm just tired of piss poor gimmick perks on my killers

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625657#Comment_625657

    It would not take that long and this is implying all 4 are injured, which as I said you deserve to feel the burn if you let that happen..I fail to see how this is even relevant as survivors have numerous ways to speed up healing through perks, items, addons, and through team mate assistance..plus..if killers no longer get to counter stuns why should I care if survivors need to be more careful? The perk wouldnt be OP that's rediculous considering the number of counter perks it has to it..I'm just tired of piss poor gimmick perks on my killers

    Wow first time I EVER seen someone else notice that thana needs 4 survivors inhured to be at full power (no sarcasm, which is sad in iself)

    Thana only gets good if sirvivors let it. Its their fault. They get all the warnings they need, be it on the action bar, or even worse: the "youre affected by thanatophobia" next to the perks. Theyre warned that theyre affected by the perk that could get stronger, bit they arent healing while it is still weak.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625677#Comment_625677

    Wow first time I EVER seen someone else notice that thana needs 4 survivors inhured to be at full power (no sarcasm, which is sad in iself)

    Thana only gets good if sirvivors let it. Its their fault. They get all the warnings they need, be it on the action bar, or even worse: the "youre affected by thanatophobia" next to the perks. Theyre warned that theyre affected by the perk that could get stronger, bit they arent healing while it is still weak.

    Yeah it's kind if silly

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625480#Comment_625480

    Botany doesn't increase repair speed while fully healed.

    Thanataphobia's counterplay is healing. If it slows that down too much then it becomes OP due to always slowing the game too much in combination with certain other effects such as Legion.

    Healing with thanataphobia would take over 20 seconds with another survivor or a medkit. Combine that with sloppy and it takes even longer.

    I know that doesn't really sound like too much, but compare that too the no heal meta and it's clear that having both long heals and big punishments for not healing at the same time with just 1 perk is too much.

    2 perks for it is a different story of course.

    Just playing devil advocate. That combination requires 2 perk slots kind of like Enduring+Spirit fury or like survivors running DS+Adrenaline in late game. both of those perks are in the game and could be argue to be a bit "too much". Healing perks can mitigate effects of the combination. Survivors can split up and work on different generators. It's kind of like stable principal for fighting legion to split up whenever Legion activates feral frenzy. If you split up and work on different generators, the killer will have hard time injuring multiple survivors. Only 2 people should ever be injured which is the person on the hook and the person getting chased. Many players run Hex:Ruin and Pop goes weasel on all killers in attempts to slowdown the game. If this combination was more viable, this would give more viable options to slow game speed down a little bit when survivors refuse to heal or play around the perks.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/625657#Comment_625657

    Just playing devil advocate. That combination requires 2 perk slots kind of like Enduring+Spirit fury or like survivors running DS+Adrenaline in late game. both of those perks are in the game and could be argue to be a bit "too much". Healing perks can mitigate effects of the combination. Survivors can split up and work on different generators. It's kind of like stable principal for fighting legion to split up whenever Legion activates feral frenzy. If you split up and work on different generators, the killer will have hard time injuring multiple survivors. Only 2 people should ever be injured which is the person on the hook and the person getting chased. Many players run Hex:Ruin and Pop goes weasel on all killers in attempts to slowdown the game. If this combination was more viable, this would give more viable options to slow game speed down a little bit when survivors refuse to heal or play around the perks.

    Well said