Is there a near infinite on coal tower?
I was just playing Billy for a daily. Killed two survivors and one had connection issues (it put me into the pickup animation for 4 seconds and then I didn't pick him up.... He got disconnected after the second attempt). The bill was the last survivor and kept running me around the main building and I'm not sure if I was just bad or if it was an infinite because no matter what I did I couldn't catch up to him. He just kept running up the stairs and around the building (hate that overly long section with the car that makes you go around it which). So is this a strong loop or just me playing badly?
Comments
There's a very strong loop indeed, unfortunately fixing these buildings by adding a door doesn't seem a priority after three years
Near infinite?
Or just long loop?
Lets stop calling loops that cant be run for literally infinity "infinites"
how infinity 115% killers? its not possible unless you did very bad incourse
even with bad incoursing that part of map not even loopable single cycle if they runnin stairs after get chase effects,
he was might be speed hacker than
It doesn't take that long to catch up, they can only vault the window 3 times in a chase and even then, mindgaming on large buildings isn't that difficult to do.
Since when did infinite, near-infinite, pseudo-infinite and all those other terms start meaning "loop where the survivor gets to vault 3 times unless they have a massive brainfart"?
It's a strong loop that's often not worth chasing people through and I believe it should be changed, but calling it anything involving the word infinite just bothers me for some reason.
“Only 3 window vaults” Are you joking? You know how much time is lost after only three vaults in that stupid building? And no, mindgaming isn’t a thing in large buildings against good survivors. In fact trying to could just extend the loop.
If buildings like this bug you THAT much there are 2 options:
• Bamboozle, an amazing killer perk which when used correctly can force survivors to either leave a strong loop or shorten that loop in the future
• Leave the loop, an important part of this game is knowing when to stick to a chase, if you think a survivor knows how to waste your time at a specific loop, you have the option to not commit to the chase.
I personally main Pig and Spirit (when I play Spirit loops obviously aren't a huge deal) but when I play Pig, loops such as Ironworks, Coal Tower, etc. are places where I know I will have my time wasted and will actively go out of my way to avoid them while in chase.
The fact that your strategy is correct doesn't make the map design any more right.
These structures need to be changed by at least adding a door to remove the strong loop
I completely agree, I never said that I think they were designed well but the OP should realise that although they are currently very strong for survivors, there are things they can do right now that will save them time.
True!
A problem with adding doors is we could have a Lery’s memorial institute problem where most every window has a door way by them making them unsafe, although I agree something needs to be done about certain loops, I don’t feel like adding a door way is the best idea.
Fair, as long as the loops are improved I'm open minded