I learned the Nurse. No, she's not that difficult. Yes, she is op.

I am not a Nurse main, as I only played her for less than 50 hours in my 2000 hours total. I enjoy playing both Killer and Survivor on a regular basis, and I tried to learn the Nurse in order to be able to have a more educated opinion on the "Nurse is op" discussion.

After learning the basics, I tried to get from Rank 16 to Rank 1 as fast as possible as an experiment. I made 1.4 pips per game on average, only losing a pip once to me playing very poorly on Lery's, which was also the only match where any Survivors exited through the gates. I think that it is absolutely ridiculous how many errors you can afford to make as the Nurse and still get a 4k easily, even without Ruin. I am glad that the Devs have decided to nerf her (and especially Add-ons like the omegablink combo), since every nerf helps.

Winning with so much ease is honestly just boring, after this little experiment I am going back to playing Wraith and Trapper, because I like to have a challenge. A win with a mid- to low-tier killer is simply so much more satisfying. :)

This is my little video showing what ridiculous plays you can pull off with the Nurse, if you just put a small amount of time into learning her, like I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBVjc5patI4

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/607516#Comment_607516

    I agree killers need some tweaks to make them better but SWF should not be an excuse to keep the Nurse is such a broken state she is now. If the devs really want to balance their game she needs to be changed. Imo she is the relic of the old DBD days and she alone as a killer holds the game back because you cannot balance every aspect of survivor side while having such a powerful killer in your game.


    Agreed but I also wish for nurse's gameplay to stay the same since she and spirit are only 2 killers I really like to face when I play survivors even when my survivor rate isn't great I love facing them. It's very unique experince but yes she is indeed very strong and something should be done about her. But let's not be hasty and wait for the addon rework and some slight tweaks to her base. If that proves to be too little let's nerf some other aspects of her again until she's fine.

    I just hope devs won't eventually gut her and strip her of all her special gameplay that I love so much to face even when I don't play her very much myself.

  • @Sneaky_Dwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/607546#Comment_607546

    'I just hope devs won't eventually gut her and strip her of all her special gameplay that I love so much to face even when I don't play her very much myself.'

    While I have the utmost confidence that the Devs won't do this, you do have to realize that UNTIL she is gutted of everything unique and turned into another easy-to-loop killer, Survivors will scream she's OP.

    She could have 1 teleport every 30 seconds: Survivors still can't loop her every time, thus she's OP.

    Pallets now stop her teleport? She can teleport AROUND them, thus is not loopable, thus is OP.

    The Survivors screaming for blanket nerfs don't want unique, and their ideas of fun are 'M1 each generator, ignore bones unless I want extra BP (therefor nothing scary can be on them to FORCE me to do bones (NoED)), loop the Killer, escape'


    Yeah crybabies will cry. That's why I hope that won't happen even when I have my doubts. Tbh after the amazing Legion rework I think devs don't have a problem to go away from their original vision just to remake killer who is "not fun to face" into classic M1 killer. On the other hand they did pretty well with Freddy so who knows. They might suprise us and actually make healthy changes lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/607516#Comment_607516

    I agree killers need some tweaks to make them better but SWF should not be an excuse to keep the Nurse is such a broken state she is now. If the devs really want to balance their game she needs to be changed. Imo she is the relic of the old DBD days and she alone as a killer holds the game back because you cannot balance every aspect of survivor side while having such a powerful killer in your game.

    A beautiful relic. Nurse should be nurse and nothing else.

    I don't think she's holding the game back, because if anything the new larger maps with more foliage, buildings, walls, are survivor advantages against her.

  • U probably just played against potatoes. Play against some decent survivors with difficult tracking and your 50 hours gets trashed into the bin as if you never played Nurse before.

  • As you play omega blink this is fraudulent

  • @oke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/606870#Comment_606870

    I am just proving that Omegablink is beyond OP and that it DEFINITELY needs a nerf.

    Btw, just to clarify - the footage is from last season, where I played in ranks 1-2 mainly. I didn't even use Omegablink on my rank 16 to 1 run, because I thought it would be too easy. I wasn't able to record my run, because OBS randomly caused my PC to freeze for a few seconds, which would lag out all the survivors.

    Except that's not the title of ur post. Ur title was "Nurse isn't that hard and yes she's OP". Ur trying to prove Nurse is OP by running Omega, which everyone knows already is OP. If you wanna prove something, you aren't doing it.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/606885#Comment_606885

    Except that's not the title of ur post. Ur title was "Nurse isn't that hard and yes she's OP". Ur trying to prove Nurse is OP by running Omega, which everyone knows already is OP. If you wanna prove something, you aren't doing it.

    Imo, survivors need finaly to learn, to look separately at the killers and their addon's.

    In threads that are about survivor nerfs, they are able to different between the survivor basekit and their items/addons/perks... So why not also by killers?

    Reminds me on a guy that tryd to show me how op the Legion was... With a ton of videos from guys that play with purple addon's :|. Needless to say, it hasen't work out.

  • @Talmeer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/608413#Comment_608413

    Imo, survivors need finaly to learn, to look separately at the killers and their addon's.

    In threads that are about survivor nerfs, they are able to different between the survivor basekit and their items/addons/perks... So why not also by killers?

    Reminds me on a guy that tryd to show me how op the Legion was... With a ton of videos from guys that play with purple addon's :|. Needless to say, it hasen't work out.

    Like 95+ percent of games at red ranks are killers using good addons..

    Same can't be said for survivor. When I play killer I always bring addons. When I play survivor I rarely bring items. And it's more common to see only one or two survivors bring items.

    Killer gameplay is balanced around the fact that they will be using those addons. All these people saying 'base Nurse is fine' like that means anything. Show me a red rank killer who isn't using addons.

  • Exactly!!

    If Nurse with yellow/green addons is as strong as base kit Nurse now, I don't think we would have so many people complaining.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/608442#Comment_608442

    Like 95+ percent of games at red ranks are killers using good addons..

    Same can't be said for survivor. When I play killer I always bring addons. When I play survivor I rarely bring items. And it's more common to see only one or two survivors bring items.

    Killer gameplay is balanced around the fact that they will be using those addons. All these people saying 'base Nurse is fine' like that means anything. Show me a red rank killer who isn't using addons.

    Still I think it would be good for the nerf discussion's if we would not always talk about the worst case scenarios.

  • You have to focus on common cases, and I do run into Omegablinks a lot. As I said, if Nurse with medium addons would be the same as base kit Nurse now is, it would be fine.

  • Oh look, an Omegablink nurse montage hitting survivors running in straight line with no brain..So OP plas narf

  • Just gonna drop a meme because it's what I do best

    Desktop Screenshot 2019 (1).png


  • @sweaty_gamer said:

    Oh look, an Omegablink nurse montage hitting survivors running in straight line with no brain..So OP plas narf

    Oh, show us how you play in red levels against a nurse so we can learn from you

  • lol someone said muscle memory


    nurse is not even half difficulty of tf2 demoman and soldier airshots

    which really require some muscle memory did you evers saw someone said nurse is hard "in game" i never saw

    this game overal difficulty made console players can play without problem

    if you thinking something in this game is hard in pc

    maybe you are console player or very untalented guy talking about something

  • It should be obvious that omegablink is op, yet some people are defending her addons, calling everyone who thinks omegablink is op in any way a salty survivor main. As long as these people exist, this video has a point. Plus, there is still a conversation to be had about nerfing her base kit slightly, but it is not the point of this video.

  • arguing that nurse is op but only using her best add ons? I agree that her add ons need to be reworked. But base nurse isn't op, easy to counter and mind game. But I am on console and controller nurse is very hard to be good with vs skilled survivors. I just think the range add ons shouldn't stack and only one add on for extra blinks and it should be rare or ultra rare and that would fix a lot of the problems. But once again this is on console which is very different that pc nurse. Good post

1 2 ›